PDA

View Full Version : Cutthroats: Terror on the High Seas! (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

Lycan 01
2010-05-14, 02:56 AM
A red sunrise greats the coast town of Absolution. It is a grim harbinger of that which is to come. Bordering the Carribean Ocean and located on the Southern seaboard of the Felician Empire, the small shipping port has been targeted by pirates. Word has come in from sea that a band of raiders and corsairs has set their sights on Absolution, and within three days their fleet shall arive. Those who can have fled, leaving the port with little in the way of defense or escape. Its defenses are weak, and it will take over a week for outside help to arrive.

That's where you come in.

You find yourself in Absolutions only tavern, having just woken in either your room or at the bar, depending on your choices the night before. For reasons only known to yourself, you've come to this town, and at the worst possible time. In three days, this place will be raided, and likely burnt to the ground. While its scared most of the citizens and rif-raf off, there are still a few stragglers besides yourselves left behind. Aside from the Tiefling bartender and the Eladrin barmaid, both of whom are currently cleaning tables, there are a few other folks already in the bar this morning.

A representative of the town guard has taken a seat near the door, waiting to accost anyone who looks like they can lend a helping hand. One table is currently seating three mercenaries who are cracking jokes and telling old tales. And in one dimly lit corner of the tavern, a mysterious stranger in dark robes is quietly watching the room.

Outside the tavern, there are only a few places of interest in Absolution - A general store, a port, and the town hall.

Welcome to the Carribean...

crazedloon
2010-05-14, 03:24 AM
Shiva

Shiva walks up to the door she shifts from the simple cat form she had moments before and walks through the door. She stretches her arms up and lets her back crack, such long morning walks made her back stiff. Her stretching leaves little to the imagination. Her thin lithe form bedecked with youth's gifts leaves her a pleasant sight to even the most inured to the visual pleasures. Her piercing yellow eyes betray her inner beast, however her face is passable as a pretty young human. She wears her hair long tied back by a strand of ivy woven through her hair. She carries nothing but a backpack and a staff and the hide armor she wears could be mistaken for an overzealous corset. Her petite form walks calmly to the bar.

Beautiful sun rise wasn't it?

Her voice is kind and bubbly like a river stream.

Bowerbird
2010-05-14, 03:45 AM
A bowler hat makes it's way around the tables at roughly just above table-height, it rounds a corner to reveal a well-dressed gnome underneath. He makes his way across the tavern to where the mercenaries sit telling stories, whistling a jaunty tune. When he gets closer what at first seemed to be impeccably fine clothes reveal themselves to be somewhat old and lived in, perhaps even a bit scruffy, and if you didn't know better, possibly made for a child. "Evenin' lads, any good ones this mornin'?" Alstair says, climbing up onto a seat, adjusting his slightly oversized hat.

Just a diplomacy check to leave a good impression hopefully.
Diplomacy: [roll0]

Lycan 01
2010-05-14, 01:03 PM
At the Shifter's comments, the Eladrin barmaid giggles, and the Tiefling bartender frowns. The crimson-skinned fellow saunters back behind the counter, and then flashes a bemused smirk. "Not from around here, are ye lass? Absolution is a shipping port, so we're home to a lot of seafarin' folk. I'm guessing you've never heard the old saying: "Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky at morning, sailor's warning." And what do we have this morning? A red sunrise. Tis an omen, lass. An omen of dark times on the horizon, which only makes the situation here worse, all things considered. You're probably the only one in this town who finds it beautiful... Heh heh heh..." the bartender chuckles darkly. "Now, lass, what can I get for ye?"

At the Gnome's introduction, the three mercenaries at the table look up. The one on the left is a Half-Orc in loose clothes and a leather vest, akin to swashbuckling attire. The one on the right is also a Half-Orc, this one in scale armor with a sword and shield strapped to his back. And the one in the center is a rather large Orc in plate armor with a greatsword slung over his shoulder. All three of them share the same expression - arched eyebrows and confused expressions. A few seconds of dead silence pass. Then the Half-Orc on the left simply states: "Trog like this guy's style."

The trio of Orc-kin burst into laughter. "Pull up a chair, shorty!" the Orc in the center exclaims with a grin. "Did you hear the one about the Halfling with lady problems?"

crazedloon
2010-05-14, 01:09 PM
Shiva

It is all part of nature's balance, with every red sunset must come another red sunrise. If one can not see the beauty in even that simple balance how is one to enjoy life?

Shiva smirks knowing the bartender would probably not understand.

I shall have a glass of milk if you wouldn't mind.

Lycan 01
2010-05-14, 01:24 PM
"As I said, 'tis an omen. It may just be a part of nature, but it often heralds bad luck or grim events. And considering Absolution is rumored to be the target of an approaching pirate raid, this is not going to be good for morale, to say the least..." the bartender sighs. He then flashes a smile and reaches under the counter. He pulls out a small glass and a blue bottle inscribed with silver runes. He then pulls the cork out and pours the Shifter a tall glass of milk. "Here ya go lass. Now just be careful who you comment on nature's beauty around..."

crazedloon
2010-05-14, 01:35 PM
Shiva

Shiva begins to sip on the glass of milk. Her eyebrow arches when the bartender gives his warning

Oi? Really and who would be offended by such simple truths?

Lycan 01
2010-05-14, 01:45 PM
"Sailors, seafarers, and other such folk. Granted, there aren't many of them here anymore. Once word came in from the sea about the pirates, anyone with a boat packed up their family and belongings and set to sea... This place is a ghost-town," the Tiefling shrugs. "And in three days, spirits is probably all that will be left..."

crazedloon
2010-05-14, 01:48 PM
Shiva

Shiva chuckles.

How can it be an ill omen if no one is here to have bad things happen to them? Indeed if it is anything it would be the sailors and seamen who are to afraid of the unknown causing problems for themselves, not nature bringing bad omens.

She grins

A simple case of misguided fear.

Lycan 01
2010-05-14, 01:56 PM
"When you grow up in a port, you tend to pick up most seafaring traditions and superstitions. But that's not the point," the bartender frowns. "What I'm trying to get across, lass, is that Absolution is doomed. And for the few people still here who thought we had a chance, this red sunrise will probably destroy what last few shreds of hope they had. With only a skeleton populace and no morale to speak of, how are we going to fight off a pirate horde?"

"We're not..." the Eladrin barmaid sighs, walking over to rest against the counter having finished with the tables. "Unless the situation changes quickly, we don't stand a chance..."

crazedloon
2010-05-14, 02:07 PM
Shiva

Shiva looks at the barmaid.

It is a mentality like that will get you kill. The deer who has given up will never outrun the wolf.

She gives it a thought taking a sip of the milk.

For everything in nature there is a push and pull. an equal and opposite force. What you need is the force which opposes the pirates.

She spins around on her chair holding the glass and looks at the rest of the bar and grins.

If you look here for example I see plenty of opposite force.

Than she raises her voice to the table full of mercenaries

Aint that right boys? You is looking for a right good fight and you aint afraid of nothing?

Lycan 01
2010-05-14, 02:42 PM
The trio of Orsimer look over at the Druid for a few seconds, and then burst into laughter. "Trog and friends just passing through!" the swashbuckler on the left chuckles.

"Yeah, we're not here for a fight. Just some booze and place to stay for a day or two," the armored one in the center explains with surprising tact and eloquence for an Orc. "So unless you're willing to pay the piper, you're on your own in this endevour, missy," the grins back with a mouth full of tusks and teeth.

"Besides, three Orcs aren't enough to fight off a raiding horde of buccanears..." the bartender grumbles.

"Indeed," the barmaid sighs. "We wouldn't be so defeatist if it weren't the truth. The fortifications are in disrepair, the town guard and militia are more rag-tag than a bum's jacket, and morale is essentially in the negatives..."

crazedloon
2010-05-14, 02:46 PM
Shiva

Shiva rolls her eyes at the mercs response, unsatisfied by their lack of adventure. She turns back to the bar.

All yall need is a little bucking up and maybe some help. Have you tried calling for some help?

Lycan 01
2010-05-14, 02:56 PM
"We tried, but between the time it takes a messenger to get to the nearest city and for them to return with help, the pirates will have already come and gone," the Tiefling frowns. "We're on our own..."

crazedloon
2010-05-14, 03:14 PM
Shiva

Shiva finishes her drink and places the glass on the table.

Oi I wouldn't say that, get yourself a little more backbone and I may stick around to help and I will see what help I can call.

She places a gold on the bar and leaves the bar. She leaves the bar with a bestial saunter and grin on her face.

[roll0] to determine if there are any druid conclaves within a couple hour swim/fly/walk

[roll1]

Lycan 01
2010-05-14, 03:25 PM
You get the feeling you're the only druid for miles...

As you leave the tavern, you notice the small city is nigh deserted. Occasionally you see a peasant or seafarer pass by. However, you do hear voices in the distance. One loud voice, and a chorus of grunts and yells in response...

crazedloon
2010-05-14, 03:29 PM
Shiva

Shiva walks towards the shouts and grunts intrigued by the seemingly out of place display of action.

Lycan 01
2010-05-14, 03:54 PM
The shouts and grunts sound like they're coming from the hill overlooking the docks, where a small stone fortification has been built. It is by no means a fort, however. The stone walls are old and decripid, and are overgrown with moss. The two stone towers are crack-riddled and in disrepair. If anyone is expecting this to be the town's best choice of defense, they are sorely mistaken...

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/134/6/7/Village_map_by_Lycan_01.jpg

The red building is the town hall, the blue building is the tavern. The dock and fort are obvious. :smalltongue:

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-14, 09:51 PM
Xavros Vrockwing opens his eyes to greet the new morning, stretching as he does. His horns cut into his pillow, sending small feathers into the air and into his long black hair. Xavros grunts in annoyance, but then sighs in frustration. Its not like this is the first time its happened. He pulls the covers back and gets out of bed. He again stretches his whole body, making his tail twitch as his muscles tense and relaxe. He searches for his black pants, to cover his natural state. After covering himself, the black Tiefling strolls over to the dresser, then pours water from the pitcher into the basin, and washes his face and his hair (removing the feathers first, naturally). After cleaning himself, the daemon braids his hair and puts on his dark red shirt and black hide vest. He had learned along time ago, when you have horns, button up shirts are the only way to go. Unless you want rips in you favorite cloths.

Walking to the main room of the tavern, he hears the conversation between Shiva and the barkeeper. Once Shiva is done, he approaches the bar.

"I must say, that was one of the best nights sleep I have ever gotten. I heard whispers of your problem when I arrived late last night, and I heard even more just now. After that good nights sleep... Well, every man alive needs a good nights rest as often as he can. Id buy the tavern and sleep in that room ever day if I could. I simply wont let such a perfect place be lost! You must let me help you.

Lycan 01
2010-05-14, 10:15 PM
The bartender stares at Xavros, then shrugs. "Thanks for the good review. If you want to help, though, be my guest. I just don't know what you can do..."

"I think I can be of service in that regard," the well-dressed man near the front door suddenly chimes in. Dressed in brown pants and a blue tunic embroidered with yellow symbols, the mustachiod human removes his plumed cap and gives a slight bow. "Cilas Krux, Adjunct of the Captain of the Guard. He sent me down here to find any able-bodied fellows or dames wishing to join in the defense of Absolution, and I think you're just the sort of man we're looking for. What do you say, good sir? Are you willing to serve the Felician Empire and the greater good? There's also a small stipend involved, if gold is more your moral code," he grins roguishly.

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-14, 10:20 PM
I'm not one for bowing to another man and I have seen men gain and loose fortunes overnight. But hey, I haven't ever met a king before and neither have I had a fortune to loose! I'll serve your Empire, I'll accept the pay and I'll save this tavern!"

As he speaks Xavros raises a fist in the air and his silver orbs glow with excitement

"Now ummm..... What did you want me to do exactly?"

PanzerFox
2010-05-14, 10:22 PM
As Tris Wolfbite walks into the main part of the tavern with her spirit companion, a medium sized dark red pseudodragon by the name of Ashelion, from her room (the last door on the left) she scans the place watching as a tall black Tiefling starts talking seriously to the Tiefling barkeep, and another female shifter walks out of the door, looking purposeful. Spotting the laughing group of Orcs and a small male gnome Tris grins to herself, her white canines flashing in the dim lighting at the irony of the situation. Scratching her pointed ears in thought, her tail wagging slightly, she decides to go to the bar and see what the Tieflings were jabbering on about.

Walking over to the bar Tris sits down and her spirit companion hops up onto a bar stool and curls its tail around the legs of the stool, keeping alert to any danger, while Tris listens in on the conversation.

Lycan 01
2010-05-14, 10:29 PM
"Why simple," Mr. Krux flashes a knowing smirk, "Just head to the fort on the Eastern side of town, up on the hill overlooking the port. Go through the set of doors in the center of the fortification, and ask to speak with the Captain of the Guard. He'll give you orders from that point on..."

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-14, 10:32 PM
"Wait.... I'm not going to have to enlist or anything am I? This is temporary right? I don't do the solider bit... They get paid like dogs... Hounds of the military and all that...

As he speaks, Xavros folds his arms over his chest and stares at Mr. Krux with distrust..

PanzerFox
2010-05-14, 10:32 PM
Tris flicks her aquamarine eyes to the well dressed human called Krux then notices the odd stranger in the corner. Turning her attention back to Krux she says, "So how much gold would I be looking at if this place still stands in a few days?"

Ashelion turns to glare at the human also it's incorporeal green eyes like piercing daggers.

Lycan 01
2010-05-14, 10:41 PM
Krux's smile wavers for a brief moment, then returns. "Ah, my mistake. I should have been clearer. You may sign up as a full servant of the Felician Empire, a member of the town watch, or just a part time mercenary - whatever suits your fancy. Naturally, the pay is much better for the former and centeral options..." he grins. He then shrugs and muses, "But if you're willing to put your life on the line, even if only for a few days, I'm sure you'll still make quite a few coins with the mercenary gig."

Turning to face the newly arrived Shifter, the Adjunct smirks and replies: "Well, its really quite hard to say. There are several variables involved..."

Bowerbird
2010-05-14, 10:42 PM
"So I says to Maybell I says..."

"Yeah, we're not here for a fight. Just some booze and place to stay for a day or two," the armored one in the center explains with surprising tact and eloquence for an Orc. "So unless you're willing to pay the piper, you're on your own in this endevour, missy," the grins back with a mouth full of tusks and teeth.

At this the gnome looks at them for a moment with a puzzled expression, "You getting out before the pirates get here then?"

"I think I can be of service in that regard," the well-dressed man near the front door suddenly chimes in. Dressed in brown pants and a blue tunic embroidered with yellow symbols, the mustachiod human removes his plumed cap and gives a slight bow. "Cilas Krux, Adjunct of the Captain of the Guard. He sent me down here to find any able-bodied fellows or dames wishing to join in the defense of Absolution, and I think you're just the sort of man we're looking for. What do you say, good sir? Are you willing to serve the Felician Empire and the greater good? There's also a small stipend involved, if gold is more your moral code," he grins roguishly.

"Hey, paid work, haven' had that inna while, you lads interested?" the Gnome says, looking back at his new friends.

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-14, 10:48 PM
Xavros glares at Krux then his eyes light up again.
"Hey, I'm just one guy. But what if I get more then just me in on this? Could I get part a extra per person? After all, I am good, but I can only do so much. With about twenty or so like me... Thats where the fun begins.

Xavros grins at Krux, believing this man to be a fellow business man.

[roll0]
Diplomacy

Lycan 01
2010-05-14, 10:49 PM
"So I says to Maybell I says..."

"BWAAHAHAHAAHAHH!!!" is heard many times as you and your new Orsimer friends share many a laugh.

At this the gnome looks at them for a moment with a puzzled expression, "You getting out before the pirates get here then?"

"Yep. We're just passing through. We're not too keen on getting roped into something where we'd be the one's doing all the work..." the center Orc explains.

"Trog may be mercenary, but Trog logical. When Trog get paid lots of money, he deal with lots of danger. Town not got lots of money, ergo, Trog not in mood to deal with lots of danger. It simple!" the Half-Orc on the left exclaims cheerfully.

"Hey, paid work, haven' had that inna while, you lads interested?" the Gnome says, looking back at his new friends.

"As our witty comrade previously said, this town has very little to offer us," the centeral Orc replies. "They're offering us for a week of service what most people pay us in a day. And considering the odds, its nowhere near enough to buy our blades. Now, if we were to be given a more... generous... incentive..." he muses, a smirk forming on his face.

"Well its a pity our port doesn't boast a brothel, buffet, and/or brewery..." Krux grumbles from nearby.

--Edit--

"Sir, what the devil are you talking about?" Krux arches an eyebrow at Xavros. "We've already recruited every able-bodied man in town. I bid you luck in getting anyone else to join, and even if you did, you won't get any sort of payment unless you actually work for us."

Krux pauses for a moment, though, as if suddenly struck by a thought. "However... What do you know about training?"

PanzerFox
2010-05-14, 10:51 PM
"And pray-tell what would those variables be?" Tris growls softly her eyes narrowing at the human. Then adds after a moments thought, "I'm not to fond of any militarist long term commitments so if your looking to hire me up for a short while I will do it I like the money merc work gets me, but one wrong step sir and it will not be pleasant for you."

Intimidate roll just in case [roll0]

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-14, 10:57 PM
"Well, I thought maybe some of the nearby villages might be willing to send aid. Lest their homes be next? But training... Well, I was born with my skills with a blade but... I suppose if an idiot watched me for long enough and listened to what I said, some of it would rub off. So if were talking about training semi-competent troops... I think I can do that.

Lycan 01
2010-05-14, 11:01 PM
Krux simply smirks at the Shifter and calmly replies: "The chief deciding variable is simply the question of how many recruits are going to survive the siege to have the pay split between them. And as I said before, short term service is an option - the pay simply won't be as good."

Krux returns his attention to Xavros. "Ah. Well, I suppose if you hurried, you might be able to make it to one of the smaller hamlets and return just before the attack. Hopefully. Though its unlikely you'd find more than a few people who even know how to hold a sword there. But if that's what you want to try, go for it. As for training the troops..." he pauses for a second, musing. "Well... I suppose it depends on your definition of semi-competent..." he shrugs.

PanzerFox
2010-05-14, 11:05 PM
Tris lifts an eyebrow at Krux her ears twitching in annoyance. Muttering a few curses under her breath she gets up and stalks out of the tavern Ashelion close behind her, his tail flicking in annoyance, as she looks around the town aiming to go to the so called fort.

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-14, 11:13 PM
Xavros leans back against the bar and glances over at the Orcs. His mind recalls being beat into the dirt by the descendants of humans and elves, not because he was a Tiefling, but because he was even a freak by Tiefling standards. He remembered the first day he tried to fight back; one of the half-elves caught his attempt at a punch and the crowd of bullies laughed at him. He was physically weak, and they knew it. But the next time... The next time, things were different. Xavros was thrown into mud and it smeared up on his face and into his nostrils and mouth. The children laughed and yelled at him to eat it. The Tiefling saw a nearby wooden pole and grabbed it. The bullies laughed and taunted him, daring him to try to hurt them. He just stood there.... But he glared. His silver eyes piercing their young souls. Xavros then spit the mud and forced it out of his nose onto the same one who had caught his punch. He then raised the pole and hit him in the head. The half-elf children where freaked out and scared, now that the biggest of them was bleeding and crying in the mud. Xavros hissed and roared... and they all ran away.. Together they could have beaten him... But only he had known that. The rest only knew that he looked like a monster.

Glancing back Krux he thought how this town was in the mud. It needed to know how to fight back. And how to intimidate. And what was better to teach people how to be scary than a monster. At this thought Xavros smirked.

"I'll do it. Where are they?"

Lycan 01
2010-05-14, 11:15 PM
"Do what? Train them?" Krux arches an eyebrow. "Just head outside, and head to the fort. They should be training in the courtyard. You can't miss the fort - its the crumbling pile of rocks up on the hill to the east."

Bowerbird
2010-05-14, 11:17 PM
The gnome gives the recruiter a shrewd look, "Perhaps I could negotiate a better pay for us.. what sort of pay would be acceptable for you lot? I'll see if I can talk him into it.. I imagine by now he's quite desperate." Alstair says with a grin.

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-14, 11:18 PM
"Maybe someone should be trying to fix that then."

Xavros strolls out of the tavern and pauses at the door.

"Hey, barkeep! Do me a favor. Save that room for me. I like it."

He walks out of the tavern and goes toward the fort, his mind thinking of the best way to turn rock into gold in a few days

PanzerFox
2010-05-14, 11:24 PM
As Tris is walking to the fort she thinks about how she must look to people. Most shifters were more human like in appearances than she was. Her tail and ears were because she was closer to her lycanthrope ancestors than most shifters. Her father was a full blooded lycanthrope while her mother was a Longtooth shifter. He father left Tris and her twin brother, Lonna, by themselves with their mother in a small shifter tribe, where Tris grew up learning and playing with her brother and a small female halfling that had been adopted by the tribes druid.

Sighing Tris glanced over at the harbor watching the sun rising higher in the sky, getting closer and closer to the time of the assault on this small port town.

Lycan 01
2010-05-14, 11:25 PM
The Half-Orc on the right, who's been quiet up until this point, simply says: "A lot."

Xavros, Tris, and Shiva all make their way across town to the fort. Located up on the hill overlooking the port, it is constructed of three retaining walls, two watchtowers, and a sand-covered training yard.

There are a set of double-doors built into the central wall, and ladders leading up to the battlements and towers. The walls themselves are about 15 feet tall, while towers reach a good 50 feet up. All the stonework is mossy, cracked, and in disrepair.

In the center of the yard there is a throng of about 20-something men in formation, with a handful of town guards yelling out orders and commands. Most of the men are able to keep track of the barked orders, turning left and right in unison. Many of them are still slightly off time, however, and a handful of them are completely wrong in their movements. Almost all of them have swords strapped to their waists. It doesn't take much to notice, though, that the majority of the swords and scabbards are shiney and new - and thus have never been used.

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-14, 11:32 PM
Xavros catches up to Tris and shakes his head.

"Listen, watching it is not going to slow it down. Come on now, we have work to do.

He smiles at her and gestures for her to go first while he steps back and will walk beside once she begins to move again.

PanzerFox
2010-05-14, 11:36 PM
Raising an eyebrow at the dark Tiefling Tris smiles slightly and starts walking and says, "I guess I have to introduce myself now huh? I'm Tris." gesturing to the pseudodragon beside her she says, "And this lovely guy here is Ash. He has a temper. Be warned."

Ash looks at the Tiefling snorts and keeps walking ahead of Tris.

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-14, 11:43 PM
"Xavros Vrockwing. Its a pleasure my dear." Upon approaching the fort, Xavros looks at the men in training and sighs. He then begins to search for the captain, or the highest ranking officer.

PanzerFox
2010-05-14, 11:49 PM
Tris glances at all the men trying desperately to train for the up coming battle. Then notices Xavros moving toward what looks to be the guy in charge up here and shouts out to him,

"Hey Wing, you thinking of helping these guys huh? Well I am too even though its mostly for the money and the fact that I dont really care to be a pirates wench, so hows about we join up a bit and gather some of the other adventurers that look like they could help us succeed in keepin this port alive."

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-15, 12:02 AM
Xavros heads for the main doors, intending to find the Captain. He turns his head back after Tris speaks and just grins."Normally, I'd ask if your sure you wish to travel with a monster and give you quite a hard time about it. But I think you might be more of a beast then being. And while I lean more toward a daemon, in the end were both creatures." He turns his head back and keeps walking,"And your definably too attractive to let any pirates get their hands on. So if you wanna tag along and help thats fine with me. Im not so sure the 'Wing' thing is going to work though...."

PanzerFox
2010-05-15, 12:10 AM
Tris grins roguishly at Xavros' back and follows him to where the Captain is but not before saying "Hmm well I kinda like it. And you are correct in your thought that I am more beast than being. It's in my blood."
Tris winks after saying "it's in my blood" at the dark tiefling.

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 12:20 AM
Heading through the double doors, you find yourself in a small office. The door to the left is marked "Prison" and the door to the right is marked "Armory." There's a desk in the center of the room, behind which a bald man in fine scale armor is sitting. He's currently reading over some scrolls and looking at a map of the town and surrounding areas. His expression is one of fierce concentration, but upon seeing you, he grins. "Ah! New recruits? What can I do for you? I am Horace, Captain of the Abosulition Town Guard!" he introduces himself with a jovial tone.

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-15, 12:26 AM
Xavros ***** his head and smiles.

"Its nice to see not eveyone in this town are depressed. I am Xavros Vockwing. And ummm... Im here to help but Im not sure how much of a recruit I am.. I will stay and fight the pirates, but thats it. I was sent by Cilas, I think thats his name, to help train your men. Oh, how rude of me, this is Tris.

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 12:31 AM
"Train my men?" the Captain arches an eyebrow. "What makes you think you can train my men better than my officers?"

Gonna need a check of some sort...

PanzerFox
2010-05-15, 12:32 AM
Tris waves distractedly and says quickly, "I see that this place is in desperate need of repairs. I'd be willing to help fix it up and start instructing people to help me and learn how to keep it in tip top shape, for a monetary bonus of course, after all the fighting. And I'm willing to help fight off these immediate invaders. Nothing more nothing less."

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-15, 12:37 AM
"Because your men have never used their swords before in their lives. And I doubt your officers have had very much experience with battle. Maybe a few convicts or some wild beasts. But an invasion? Go ahead, tell me if I am wrong. I have been on my own since I for 5 years. I have worked as a mercinary that entire time. . Xavros leans closer to the Captain at this point"Sir, I dont doubt you intent, or that your doing your best. I just want to help. I like this little place. It is quaint. I dont want it destroyed by a group of lowlife jackals who only care about drinking, killing, women, and getting more money so they can start the steps over."

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 12:46 AM
"Hm..." Horace ponders what the two strangers have to say. "Alright. Shifter, if you wish to help with repairs and strengthening of our defense, you may proceed to do so. I'm sure one or two recruits can be spared to help you. Specifically, we need some of the cracks in the towers filled, the vines removed, bulwarks reinforced, and cannons and shot brought up to the towers and battlements. As for you, Tiefling, if you wish to train the men... go ahead and try..." he grins.

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-15, 12:50 AM
"I thank you for the chance. I hope I live up to it."

Xavros walks out of the office and pauses for a moment. He then turns around with a confounded look on his face.

"Have you considered having some of the lesser criminals help you Horace?"

crazedloon
2010-05-15, 12:50 AM
Shiva

Shiva walks briskly listening distance from the others. She grins when they come to a mutual understanding of their beast like nature but giggles to herself, she knows they are far from beasts. She follows as they enter the commons.

Why remove the vines. They have as much right to live there as you deserve to live at this port?

PanzerFox
2010-05-15, 12:55 AM
Tris smiles at the Captain "Alright, sounds like a plan. Where can I find some of the recruits to help me? And as for you sister shifter, if you wish to save these vines then I'm sure you can find a way to remove them from the walls with out harming them, while I try to repair the damage to the stone that they have made. If these walls fall, everyone here will fall with them. I have to say, our lives are more important than a vegetation that can always grow back once we are all long gone."

crazedloon
2010-05-15, 12:59 AM
Shiva

Shiva laughs.

Why do you not look at it from the vines perspective? These silly humans are in their way and maybe they are attempting to get rid of them so that they can grow when we are gone, after all I am sure more humans will come around.

She gives a wolfish smile with a wink.

Also you all know no matter the work you do here this place will fall. I could take it with my hand behind my back. Why not attack the pirates before they arrive?

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 12:59 AM
The Guard Captain frowns. "Several of the recruits out there are the criminals. The only ones left in there are either hardened psychopaths, or scoundrels who feel safer in a cage than fighting for their own freedom..."

He then looks at the newly arrived Shifter and smirks. "I love nature, and enjoy my strolls in the wilderness. Only reason the vines have grown up so much is because no one wanted to bother cleaning them, and the flowers are quite pretty in the spring. But vines break down stone, and weaken walls. Tis the natural cycle of nature, as I'm sure you understand. But if we are to defend this town, we can't have weakened fortifications. They won't withstand many cannon shot if their full of cracks..."

He then frowns and adds: "And a strike against the pirates is impossible. We've but a handful of fishing boats, and few men to man them. Almost every sailor worth his salt fled to safer ports as soon as they could. An attack against the raiders isn't even a feasible possibility right now..."

crazedloon
2010-05-15, 01:03 AM
Shiva

What kind of boat will these pirates be in?

She bights her lip in thought.

Without their boat they are sure to loose to us on land.

PanzerFox
2010-05-15, 01:04 AM
Frowns as she looks at the other shifter, then proceeds to walk out into the sunlight looking around for strong backed individuals to help her with the repairs.

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-15, 01:06 AM
Xavros smiles at the Captain. "I'm glad your the one in charge. And I'll leave this nature discussion to you three. Behave yourselves ladies."

Xavros exits outside and looks at the men in training.

"Blast it... Where should I start...?

PanzerFox
2010-05-15, 01:18 AM
As Tris looks around at the crumbling fort she has a sudden idea. Walking quickly back into the office and walks up to the Captains desk and leans toward him claws flat on his desk and says intensely,

"Captain, I believe that if we all work together we can defend this city, but if we do not then all hope is lost, am I correct? Well I was thinking, if we took the most valuable things in this city but left lesser things of value here to draw the raiders in to the city we could easily siege them, if the fortifications are let to disrepair and we leave plenty of grog and rum to keep them occupied while they dock here. I'm pretty sure that once they get here they wouldnt just up and leave immediately, they would search around for any loot to be had. If we had all of our able bodied people stationed out not to far from the city, close enough to spy on it easily to know when they're all drunk and asleep, but far enough away to where it seems as though the city has basically been abandoned in a rush, the citizen rushing out leaving many "valuables" to be easily looted. They wouldnt know what hit them. And I'm sure most of this town would be burnt down and destroyed in the fighting whether we were actually in the city or seiging the city. I'm sure there are some secret ways to get into the city other than the main gate, a way to easily demolish these raiders as they sleep."

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 01:19 AM
"We don't know, to be honest. Scuttlebutt says there are at least two ships, armed with cannons and crew. We've got a few fishing boats, and a handful of cannons. But nothing that can fight off a small pirate horde..." the Captain sighs.

Stepping outside, its obvious that there are a few recruits who just aren't making the cut. While most of them are a bit off time, they're at least turning the right way. However, there are at least three recruits who are either losing their balance, turning the wrong way, or just seem apathetic.

Checks needed in unison with whatever you do...

crazedloon
2010-05-15, 01:22 AM
Shiva

Indeed a surprise attack would be the best option. However leaving the village empty and hoping they party is no good, they have ships for that. However if we lay in wait and allow the pirates to pass us by we can cut them off from their ships. Once the majority of the crew are off the ships small contingents of troops can seize the ships while the remaining force engages the pirates on land. With the ships captured we can do to the pirates what they would have done to us.

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-15, 01:23 AM
Xavros marches to the front of the trainees.

"Hello there. I am Xavros Vrockwing, and today I am here because the good Captain Horace wants the nice village to survive. As do I and as do you all. I have his permission to teach you swordplay, and if their are no objections, Ill get right to it."

PanzerFox
2010-05-15, 01:25 AM
"Sounds like a good plan. We could easily scuttle their ships with the right tools."

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 01:26 AM
The Captain frowns. "Pirates like to burn things, you know. Once they come in, they'll be looting and burning everything in their wake. Our initial idea was simple to try and keep them from landing with the cannons of this fortress, and once they did land, rebuff them with the militia and Town Guard. I do not feel comfortable just walking away from Absolution and letting the pirates have their way with it..."

The recruits and officers just stare at Xavros.

PanzerFox
2010-05-15, 01:29 AM
"Yes but like I said, most of this fair town will be destroyed in the fight. You just have to deal with that fact and concentrate on the best way to best these pirates, then rebuild this place better than it's ever seen."

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 01:30 AM
The Captain stares. "There's a difference in fighting the pirates on the docks and trying to keep the damage condensed, rather than laying out a welcome mat and letting them have free roam while we try to pick them off..."

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-15, 01:32 AM
"Ill take that as a firm definitive 'No' to the objections. Now, if you would all line up please and Xavros turns to the officersIf you men would line up to it would probally make the troops feel better and more confident. And since I am sure I wont actually be teaching you men anything, once we get a basis on what these men can do, I can divide you into groups and you help me make these men warriors... Or something close...

crazedloon
2010-05-15, 01:34 AM
Shiva

If they find no one in the town and see that their ships are under attack they will return to the ships without thought for the town. If we take the ships they may burn the town to retaliate however in the end we will have won. I am sure the pirates will have plenty of bounties on their heads to be traded for money to rebuild. And buildings can be rebuilt people can not.

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 01:36 AM
"Fine, I'll humor you. Suppose we did try to lure the pirates further into town as a distraction. Who would lead the attack against the pirate vessels, which will no doubt still be crewed and manned in order to keep firing on the fortress and town itself?" he arches an eyebrow.

The guardsmen and recruits look around at each other, then slowly line up into formation. They then wait for Xavros' next cue...

PanzerFox
2010-05-15, 01:37 AM
Tris backs up at his words and looks down at her feet, hands on her hips. Then suddenly she looks up at the Captain straight in his eyes and says, Captain, I understand that you love this city and that you dont want to see it be wrecked by pirates, but the fact of the matter is, is theres very little chance of us standing up against them in a full frontal assault with just these few men and ragged defenses. Many would be slaughtered if we tried. If we "sneak attack" them then theres a higher chance of your men living to fight, love, and make this city better another day. We at least could try to fight them in the water first, if that doesnt work, let them try to come and loot, after we make it seem as though we have retreated and broken up, while we scuttle their ships and attack them from behind like the shifter here was saying. I could start working on defenses as soon as possible of course maybe then we will stand a chance."

crazedloon
2010-05-15, 01:38 AM
Shiva

I shall lead the assault.

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 01:55 AM
"Uh huh..." the Captain of the Guard looks perturbed. "Your plan is very contradictory. You want to sneak attack them, then retreat. Retreat back where? To land? There will be pirates in the way, should you sneak attack them from behind. If you attack from the sea then retreat to the sea, then we are completely defenseless. And you intend to load land based militia onto boats and attack a seafaring enemy... which is not a very good idea, if executed on a large scale. Now, if you intend to lead a small strike force against the pirates, feel free to do so as a diversion while we try to hold them off on the shore. But... this just doesn't seem like a good idea. Sorry..."

He arches his eyebrow quite high at Shiva. "But if you're so intent on leading a suicide mission, be my guest..." he smirks.

PanzerFox
2010-05-15, 02:00 AM
"You must have heard me wrong sir. I said that we attack their ships with our ships, if that doesn't send them sailing away, then we let them come to meet us at the docks, not all of our forces but most of them and we have the main force draw them back from their ships, and have a second force, lead by the other shifter here to ruin their ships. Then if they succeed in scuttling the ships then they can come and sneak attack the pirate from behind in a pincer type maneuver. If they dont succeed then the main force will have to either try to defeat them or run. Those are really the only options, battle or run."

Saldre
2010-05-15, 02:03 AM
"What is that INFERNAL racket!?"

Archilius tossed and turned in his bed- trying in vain to fall back asleep. Its been quiet a while since he'd been stranded in this little port town, abandoned by his so called friends. But he didn't care- that's not really what bothered him: he'd kept himself amused the first few days, setting fires here and there- but now, that had gotten boring.

Resigning himself to bed, he hadn't moved for quite a while now and it was starting to get to him. On the other hand- if what he'd heard was true, soon all of his problems would be solved.

A chance for him to take his art to the next level would soon present itself. Once the little port town gets raided, he could really let loose!

Throwing off the covers, he reached for his red robes and sliped them on, and threw on his similarly colored cloak.

Exiting the room, he proceeds down to the bar and looks around to see what exactly has changed since he'd heard the ruckus, god knows how long that was.

crazedloon
2010-05-15, 02:03 AM
Shiva

It is no suicide mission. We shall dig traps at the docks. They will be holes which our troops shall hide in, each covered by wood planks. These we will cover with dirt and dust. The pirates shall storm from the vessels and onto shore over these holes. Than we shall spring like the trapdoor spider. From these holes we will surprise the pirates by taking them from the behind.

She grins viciously.

Those that do not die immediately will be forced into the town where the remaining force shall be hiding to finish them off. All that will remain will be those on the ships and these will be dealt with by hidden troops who shall scale the sides of the ship when they dock. These warriors will take the ships by force using the ships cramped corridors to make up for a lack of numbers.

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 02:04 AM
"So..." the Captain massages his temples, "You're saying that we should try to fight off their pirate vessels with fishing boats full of land soldiers, then when that fails retreat back to land and try to hold them off. Then a small strike force, taken from men we already can't spare, attacks the pirate vessels from behind and tries to scuttle them. Then if all of that fails, we run for our lives..."

The Captain stares, waiting for your responses.

However, he does flash a smile at the Druid's suggestion. "I do like the trap-door spider idea. But... what if the pirates don't land their ships? They usually land troops via rowboat and smaller vessels..."

PanzerFox
2010-05-15, 02:06 AM
Tris listens to the other shifters plan intently nodding her head in agreement, "Like I said Captain. She just outlined what was going through my head. Nice thinking sister."

PanzerFox
2010-05-15, 02:09 AM
"Not land soldiers, sir anyone that has good sea legs would be the ones on those boats. If possible is there a cove near by that they could hide their ships in until we give them a signal to attack the pirates ships while they're anchored in the harbor?" says Tris exasperatedly her tail flicking in annoyance at this so called "captains" thickness.

crazedloon
2010-05-15, 02:10 AM
Shiva

Shiva thinks for a moment.

The basic Idea should still work, however the timing need not be as exact because those stuck on land will not be able to retreat to their ships when the trap is first sprung. However I have an idea for springing a similar trap on the boats even if they were to dock far from the shore. It would involve the boats and a few brave men.

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-15, 02:11 AM
Xavros draws his Falchion out and brings in infrount of him.

"First! When in you are headed to battle, you should always have your sword already prepared. Unless your some kind of amazing fighter who can move faster than a normal man can bring his sword to your nexk. With your sword out you are prepared, ready. Focused."

As he marches back and forth Xavros looks at the men. We moves in to the middle ground so all the men can see him.

"Second! Rexlax! If you are rense, you will make mistakes. If you are angery you will make mistakes. If you are worries, mistakes. We dont want mistakes! Think of something that comforts you, like how you feel when the woman you love holds you. Or some happy memory where you were perfectly content. Do not focus on "what ifs' or 'if we fail'. You will not fail! We will not fail!

Xavros stops pacing and plants his feet into the ground.

"Balance, keep your body balanced so you can strike or parry without being hit. Always have your feet shoulder wide and when you move, move so your legs spread apart. Never have your feet close to each other. Hold your sword so you can handle it with ease. Watch your opponent's movements and learn when he moves in to attack and launch a preemptive strike.Be quick. When you parry you keep the blade close to you so you don't stretch out to block and always try to counter your opponents attack. Your footing and proper foot placement is key for balance. The more of the sole of your foot touches the ground the more grounded you are giving you greater strength in your attacks. To keep your balance try to slide your feet rather then lift them up and stepping. Leaning forward lifting up your heel also reduces your grounding so be cautious with how your feet are placed and used during each strike because you give great opportunity for your opponent to knock you over. Keep your posture straight and your chest and torso forward which will keep you from losing your balance during your swings and allows you to avoid with a simple twist any blows with ease rather then having your torso turned sideways locking yourself to only be able to evade an attack in only one direction."

At this point Xavros looks at the men to see how they are progressing.

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 02:18 AM
Back at the bar, things are still pretty much the same. The Orsimer and Gnome are cracking jokes, Krux is trying to recruit people, the Bartender and Barmaid are chatting, and there's a shadowy figure sitting in one corner.

The Captain is deep in thought, weighing his options.

Saldre
2010-05-15, 02:20 AM
"oOOoh Shadowy figure~"

Archilius moves to the bar and sits down. He leans close, and motions for one of the people tending it come closer with one hand, while signaling them to lower their voices with the other- all in all, he looks rather eccentric.

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 02:24 AM
"Yes?" the Eladrin barmaid asks, sweeping her long blonde hair aside with elagent fingers. "What can I do for you, sir?" she asks, batting her eyelashes.

It seems he made quite the first impression, eccentric or not...

Saldre
2010-05-15, 02:33 AM
He smiles politely as she approaches and reaches into his coat, pulling out a single coin. When she nears, he whispers his question, and places the coin on the table.

"I am just curious, whose the stranger in the corner?" He asks, his smile shifting into a devious grin.

[OOC: He's a d20 if I need one- apologies, my first DnD game :P [roll0]]

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 02:35 AM
"I'm not really sure," she murmers. "He just comes in from time to time, casually sips his drink, then leaves. I've never seen his face. I don't even know what he is..."

crazedloon
2010-05-15, 02:40 AM
Shiva

To elaborate, does this town have a few rowboats? Provided proper weights we can produce simple diving bells, much like natures own spiders we can trap a bubble of air under the boats. There the troops can lay in wait for the pirates. When they arrive and their rowboats have set off for shore those under the boats can break the ropes holding the boats down and be taken to the surface. Once on the surface they can approach the pirates from the rear and assault the ships.

Shiva now is in full planning mode attempting to figure out how best to devise this plan.

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 02:43 AM
"That sounds logical, actually..." the Captain muses. "But they'd only have a limited air supply, and we have no idea when the pirates will show up...

PanzerFox
2010-05-15, 02:44 AM
Tris deciding that the other shifter and the Captain can work it out, goes out to find a few men to help her start repairs.

Saldre
2010-05-15, 02:44 AM
"I wonder if I value his privacy..."

Archilius ponders the question- not even realizing that he'd asked the wrong one, and ignored completely whether the man himself had any desire to keep to himself.

But well, the youth was bored- and no one else in the tavern had more potential. He leaps off from his seat, leaving the gold coin behind, and smiles at the waitress before heading to the corner.

Once there, he gives an exaggerated bow and without introducing himself, proceeds to ask him a question.

"You look like your looking for something."

[ooc: stop me if i should only roll when you ask me to roll :P [roll0]

crazedloon
2010-05-15, 02:50 AM
Shiva

Indeed the limited supply of air would be a problem, do you have a smith here? he should have bellows. If we were to fashion a hose of animal intestine we should be able to run it from the bellows to the the boats thus replenishing the air. That or I could simply provide transport for air via a bucket between the surface and the submerged boat.

Shiva now fully in her zone forgets those around her do not know of her particular talents.

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 02:50 AM
Tris exits to find Xavros ordering the recruits around. As before, however, there are a few men off time and out of step. Perhaps they could be of use...

In the dimly lit corner of the tavern, the dark figure doesn't move as Archilius approaches. The flickering light of nearby lantern outlines the mysterious stranger, and as he looks up to face the Warlock, a pair of piercing orange eyes glow back at him from beneath the hood. "Quite contrair..." the stranger rasps, his voice a horse hiss. "The better question is, can I offer something you are looking for?"

Saldre
2010-05-15, 02:54 AM
"OoOOo"

Archilius's curiosity was hooked now, he knew he'd made the right choice (as if he often did). He takes a seat, facing the man, and with both hands on the table eagerly awaits the answer to this next question.

"That depends on what I am looking for- and what you have..." He begins- "...Which leads us to my query- what exactly are you offering!?" He asks, grinning.

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 02:57 AM
"I have..." the Mysterious Stranger croaks, "Many things to offer. Information, equipment, services... Several people around here seem to be looking for a way to... save the day... it seems. Heh heh heh..." the shadow chuckles darkly, giving you an involuntary chill. "Would that suit your fancy?"

"The blacksmith may be of some use. But I'm afraid we don't have many animals to offer for such use..." the Captain frowns. "You say you could carry air? How so?"

Saldre
2010-05-15, 03:25 AM
As the chill runs up his back, Archilius can't help but feel thrilled at the same time- a rush he'd clearly missed since he'd been left behind. He cracks his knuckles and leans forward, his head near the table- as if speaking seriously.

"Ooh- save the town you say? Sure, I'd be interested. What do you know?" He begins, then ponders something for a moment before asking one more question, as if it was the most serious issue on his mind.

"Does it involve setting things on fire?"

crazedloon
2010-05-15, 03:31 AM
Shiva

Shiva thinks it over for a moment but decides it is for the best, she glances around to make sure no one else is watching.

Nature has blessed me with certain powers. Now do not be startled.

With these words she steps back and as she moves her body twists and contorts into the form of a leopard. She paces around for a moment before reversing the process and once more standing before the captain.

And I can do similar with aquatic animals which should give myself and those I lead,

she grins at the captain

with your permission of course, a distinct advantage over the pirates. What other craftsmen do you have in this town?

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 03:34 AM
The Captain stares at her in shock. Then he grins. "My, my, that IS interesting. Y'know, that overturned rowboat idea of yours does sound very appealing, all things considered. I can give you a few spare rowboats, and then you may take a handful of men to serve as your strike force. If you can manage to emerge from directly below their ship, and actually scale the sides, THEN you may prove more successful than the plans you previously suggested..."

"There's a smith, a general store, and the shipwrights... That's about it..." he grumbles.

crazedloon
2010-05-15, 03:39 AM
Shiva

That should do just fine. Now how many boats will you be able to provide me? And where would I find these and the shipwright? I shall begin proper plans for this attack with him as a consultant and shall return for troops when those have been made.

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 03:41 AM
"The shipwright will be down at the dock. Ask him about boats. As for men, we'll just have to see how training goes. Perhaps that other Shifter and Tiefling may prove helpful, should we not have the men to spare?" Captain Horace shrugs.

Saldre
2010-05-15, 03:41 AM
Archilius grins mischievously at the stranger's advice. He'd get a chance to have fun after all- at two separate occasions, and get news toys to boot.

First a field trip, then a battle- and last, new tools with which to perfect what he hoped to be his best piece of work yet.

But field trips are no fun on your own- and art is pointless without spectators. He'd need to find someone willing to go with him.

"Thank you good sir" he says, then stands and and bows deeply once more in gratitude. "You have saved me from the dreary routine of this village- You'll come to see the show then, Once I return. I guarantee It will be a blast."

Nodding, he then heads out of the store, and wanders out of town towards the north.

crazedloon
2010-05-15, 03:45 AM
Shiva

Shiva chuckles

Well Captain I shall see you when I get back. Oh and do keep my little power a secret, no need to scare the others.

Shiva turns and begins to stroll down to the docks without a care in the world. This would be a fun little adventure. If she wrote a journal she was sure this would be an interesting entry. Most adventures must write journals, how else could all their stories be told after they had gone. Oh maybe she should find a bard to tell her tail, The Tail of the Spider attack. Hmm nope sounds to much like a horror. Well that was a worry for another day.

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 04:04 AM
Shiva quickly finds her way around town, and soon knows the way to the docks and the general store. If she wants a journal, the latter might have one to offer...

You calling it a night, Crazedloon, or do you want to see how far your character can get? :smallconfused:

crazedloon
2010-05-15, 04:08 AM
Shiva

Shiva notes the location of the general store, wouldn't want that burning down so makes sure to make an extra effort to defend it. Can't have her books burning before she can write them. However she heads to the docks.

I can continue as long as you wish :smalltongue:

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 04:13 AM
You head to the docks. There are several piers, and a drydock. A few sailors are meandering about, and there are a 3 boats docked currently. Two small fishing scooners, and a light cutter.

If you want to continue, we can a bit further. If you want to tag along with Saldre, I suppose you can wrap this up ASAP. If you want to stay in town, though, take your time. Heck, you could deal with the boat stuff "tommorrow" if Shiva wants to rest for the rest of the day...

crazedloon
2010-05-15, 04:29 AM
Shiva

Shiva walks up to the sailors and asks rather loudly.

Oi big boys! Where would I find the shipwright?

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 04:34 AM
"Did someb'dy call fer me?" croons an old dwarf sitting at a nearby table. Smoking a pipe, he eyes you suspiciously from beneath bushy salt-n-pepper eyebrows. "What do ye need with me, lassie?"

Yay, cliche Dwarf accents! :smallbiggrin:

Okay, dead tired now. Gnight everybody... I'll be a bit busy tommorrow, soooo... have fun! XD

crazedloon
2010-05-15, 04:46 AM
Shiva

Shiva approaches the Dwarf and with no courtesy of any kind begins to talk

Ah just the man I need. I am here in a mission to develop some tricks to defeat the enemy tomorrow. Do you have some time to discus some things in private.

Bowerbird
2010-05-15, 11:39 AM
The Gnome sits with his companions, deep in thought even as he regaled them with bawdy and amusing tales. He watched with interest the strange man talking to the stranger man, and then the quick exit of one of them. All the while assembling his introductory speech. "...and then she says, but I thought you were a paladin!" Bowing to his guffawing audience, he excuses himself, "Time to go see how much coin I can winkle outta the ole guard, eh? I'll put in a good word fer you lads if I get the price right. Enjoy the resta yer mornin'" he gives an exaggerated bow before slipping off his stool and scurrying over near the adjunct.

With a motion of his hand he produces the sound of snapping fingers behind Mr. Krux's head, when the man turns around he sees nothing, when he turns back he sees a particularly enthusiastic bowler hat. "Mornin' sir! I hears you're lookin' for some able bodied men to come help ye defend this fine township! Well sir, do I have a deal for you!" he gestures the no doubt flabbergasted man to lean closer, speaking into his ear conspiratorially, "Now, the problem I see 'ere is, you're town is basically borked, yes? The pirates are coming, the pirates are coming! And every sailor worth his weight in sense has left, eh? Well worry no more, ole Alstair's got a solution. See you've got some fine fightin' men here," he indicates both himself, and the group of mercenaries at the table, "Now, our hearts go out to you and your poor town's plight, but there's just not enough gold in it for us. We're sophisticated men of the world! Can't be fixed in one place fer too long, stagnates the talent y'see, so we can't exactly go joinin' yer merry band of lawgivers! What I propose then good sir, is a higher rate of pay! If the town's to be overrun, who're you to pinch every copper, eh? When it comes to good civil defense, you really should spare no expense." he poses dramatically to emphasise his point.

"I guess what I'm sayin' guv, is give us yer best offer, then a little more, and we might consider helpin' ya, and really, you can use all the help yer can get!"

I didn't post all day, so here's one really long-winded request for higher wages!

Lycan 01
2010-05-16, 12:00 AM
"If ye got sumthin to say, lass, go 'head 'n say it..." the Dwarf grins, exhaling a ring of blue smoke.

"Hm. Look, for warriors of your quality, we may be willing to pay slightly extra. Buts really not a matter of "X soldier gets Y" pay, as much as a "We have X amount of gold to split between Y soldiers" sort of thing," Krux explains. "Now, we might be able to tack on a slight bonus, but it won't be much more than the standard pay. I'm sorry, but its really just a matter of resources..."

Archilius makes his way out of town, and up the Norther roads into the wilderness...

Bowerbird
2010-05-16, 12:07 AM
"Alrighty then sir, I'll just confer with me mates and we'll see who wants ta risk their lives for yer little town, back in a minute!" the gnome in the bowler hat bows, holding his hat on with one hand before sliding off back to the Mercenary table. Alstair climbs onto a vacant stool, standing on it for emphasis, "'Allo gents, I had a bit of a chat with the fella over there, I can get us a slight raise, but not too much, don't suppose anyone's willing to help this poor defenseless town? I sincerely doubt they'll have men as skilled as you.."

I've been playing Warhammer too much, almost rolled a d100 :smalleek:

Lycan 01
2010-05-16, 12:19 AM
"Nope," the center Orc grins. "Ain't happenin'. We haven't been treated too kindly by the Town Guard, y'know, ugly looks and whispered jokes, stuff like that. So why should we help them for so little in return?"

Bowerbird
2010-05-16, 12:41 AM
Alstair pauses for a moment, thinking, before launching back into narrative, "Ah, but what better way to educate them, than saving their sorry rears! Think of their faces when they hear that the day was saved by the very people they previously scorned! Why, with your skill you will no doubt outmatch any of those uneducated brutes! Now, I happen to be a collector of stories, and I'll throw in a guarantee that I will personally tell the story of the three brave men of orcish descent, some more so than others, who despite the jibes and insults of the townsfolk, rose up in defense of the town! Think of the boost to your personal reputations, eh? What do you say?"

Lycan 01
2010-05-16, 12:52 AM
"Well, being celebrated heroes would be nifty. But that's kind of a long-term thing... We're looking at the short term right now. Money, women, booze, et cetera. Y'know, something to make it worth our while..." the big Orc in the center shrugs.

crazedloon
2010-05-16, 01:12 AM
Shiva

I wish to have you help me build boats to go under the water.

Not really knowing were to start she just spits out the basics.

Lycan 01
2010-05-16, 01:16 AM
The Dwarf chews his pipe thoughtfully. "Now by underwater boats, do you mean a fully self-contained sub-surface vessel? Or the overturned rowboat trick?"

crazedloon
2010-05-16, 01:20 AM
Shiva

whichever would be easiest to accomplish within two days if not less.

Shiva grinned she was happy this dwarf was no fool. She had seen many marvels that his people had crafted in cities and was happy to not be disappointed.

Lycan 01
2010-05-16, 01:27 AM
"The latter," the Dwarf smirks beneath the mass of fur on his face. "I've got a few spare rowboats layin' around. They're sea-worthy. But I'm not sure they're undersea-worthy. Hur hur..." he chuckles.

crazedloon
2010-05-16, 01:34 AM
Shiva

that is what you and I are going to work on. We will need your boats and a few able bodied me.

Lycan 01
2010-05-16, 01:39 AM
"Well, what do ye have in mind?" the Dwarf arches an eyebrow.

Bowerbird
2010-05-16, 01:55 AM
The gnome sits down again, frowning in thought, "Well there is the short term joy of showing those guards just how much better you are than them! Hmm, though you're right.. there should be some short term reward.. How about I try and organise a Town-Savior discount?" he says with a grin.

Lycan 01
2010-05-16, 02:00 AM
"As in, free food and drink?" the Orc arches a fuzzy eyebrow.

"Trog like that idea!" the rogue-esque Half-Orc proclaims with a broad grim.

"See what you can turn up for us, and then we'll see where we go from there..." the centeral Orc smirks.

crazedloon
2010-05-16, 02:06 AM
Shiva

Well I would say we should attempt to clamshell two boats, one on the other and seal them closed. This will provide a airtight container, like the nest of the diving bell spider. We than should cut a hole large enough for a man to enter the bottom. This will allow our crew and air to enter the ship. next we will need to place weights inside the ship enough to make the vessel sink. These should be light enough the passengers can throw them from the vessel to surface. We shall bring air to the ship with a weighted bucket like the hairs of the diving bell spider.

Lycan 01
2010-05-16, 02:10 AM
"Clever..." the Dwarf muses, smoking his pipe thoughtfully. "So, two rowboats grafted together with a hole sawn through the bottom, and weights to hold it down. Seems simple enough. You'll need pitch and tar, though, to seal them together. And manpower. And I'll need compensation for the four rowboats you intent to destroy..." he grins.

crazedloon
2010-05-16, 02:29 AM
Shiva

Shiva thinks for a moment. What would it cost me? And where would I be able to obtain the required materials.

Shiva rubs her chin in thought.

Lycan 01
2010-05-16, 02:53 AM
"I'll get back to you on a cost later. As for tar, there's a small swamp to the East of here. In it you can find a natural pitch spring. Bring me some of that, and we can refine it to use as a caulking agent for the boats..." the Dwarf muses.

Bowerbird
2010-05-16, 03:30 AM
"Very well, sir, I shall return with results!" the gnome gives an elaborate bow, once again having to hold his hat down as he does so, before hopping off the stool and making his way determinedly to the bar. Hopping up on a stool in front of the bartender, Alstair introduces himself, "Good morrow, friend bartender, my name is Alstair, I represent the party of capable mercenaries yonder," he flourishes a hand to indicate the table of Orcs, "and myself, we would dearly love to lend our capable hands towards defending your delightful town, however yonder lawman," indicates Krux, "Cannot afford to pay us much. I was hoping, you having the look of a smart, civic-minded man about ye, that perhaps you could offer city defenders on a mercenary contract free drinks or meals, or even just a hefty discount, so that me lads an' I can feel safe in the knowledge that we're being justly rewarded." Alstair stands, with his hands on his hips, "What d'you say?"

Yes, I think he does change his accent around..

crazedloon
2010-05-16, 01:37 PM
Shiva

Shiva smiles, now this was turning into a proper adventure.

To the east you say? Where to the east and what would be the best means to get there? And could you provide me with some tools to collect and protect the tar?

Lycan 01
2010-05-16, 01:41 PM
"The swamp is about two miles to the East, right on the coastline. You can ask some of the sailors here to help you. Tell 'em Huringinzurbrug sent ya..." the Dwarf smirks. "Oh, and ask the merchant for some pitchers and jars. I'm fresh out..."

The bartender shrugs. "Tell 'em they can have a discount. Half off the drinks and rooms if they stay to help..."

Bowerbird
2010-05-16, 01:57 PM
"Thank you sir," the gnome bows, returning to his table. "Alright lads, the barkeep's willing to give youse half off the price of drinks and rooms if youse stays to help, how's that sound?"

crazedloon
2010-05-16, 02:00 PM
Shiva

How much tar would we require for this job?

Lycan 01
2010-05-16, 02:05 PM
"Half price, eh? That ain't so bad. Plus the small bonus from the Guard..." the central Orc muses. "I suppose we can work with that. What do you say, fellas?"

"Trog like beer. If Trog get more beer for less shiney coins, then Trog happy," the Half-Orc beams.

"Works for me..." the other Half-Orc shrugs.

"Then, Mr. Gnome, you've got yourself a deal," the Orc grins, holding out his massive hand for a shake.

"About 5 gallons," the Dwarf shrugs. "More if ye can git it. I dunno how much'll be left after the refinin' process, y'know?"

crazedloon
2010-05-16, 02:07 PM
Shiva

I believe I can accommodate that.

I should return within the day. Shiva gives the dwarf a quick head nod and begins to saunter back to the general store.

Bowerbird
2010-05-16, 02:33 PM
The gnome takes the Orc's proffered hand in his tiny, child-size hand, "Excellent, excellent, we shall make those guards regret their rash, uninformed actions. I think this is the start of a fruitful relationship. Now, shall we go talk to the recruiter and see about our paychecks?"

Lycan 01
2010-05-16, 11:44 PM
"Nah, we'll swing by the recruiter later..." the Orc leader waves his hand casually. "You can go on ahead if you want..."

The general store is a small one-floor building. The sign on the door says "Clearance sale: Everything must go!"

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 12:09 AM
Shiva

Shiva walks into the store and begins to look around.

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 12:14 AM
Its a very simple set-up. Several shelves covered with everything from adventuring kits to silverware to clothes. One wall is covered in swords, bows, shields, and other weapons. Another wall boasts several sets of chain-mail, leather armor, and bits of plate and scale armor. The Kobold behind the counter clambers up onto a chair and waves at you. "Oh hi!" he squeeks. "What can I do for ya, lady? I'm havin' a clearance sale, so if you see somethin' you like, lemme know!"

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 12:18 AM
Shiva

Shiva walks to the counter glancing about.

Do you have jars?

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 12:19 AM
"Depends," the scaley little orange guy shrugs. "How much you willin' to pay for them?"

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 12:21 AM
Shiva

Depends on the quality. And indeed the size and the number you have would be relevant.

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 12:23 AM
"Gimme a price, I'll give you a jar that fits the amount..." he grins mischeviously.

Bowerbird
2010-05-17, 12:32 AM
"Alright you lot, enjoy the rest of yer mornin' and when you go see yonder recruiter, just tell 'im your with Alstair, eh? Just remember, cheap drinks kick in after you sign up." the gnome gives the others a bow, and heads over to Mr. Krux, walking up behind him and snapping his fingers before launching into speech "Right there friend, it's your lucky day, after much deliberation, me and those whom I represent have decided to help you, using the aforementioned higher pay rate that we negotiated before, savvy? They'll be along later, where do I go exactly?"

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 12:34 AM
"Don't worry about it," Krux waves his hand casually. "I'll talk to the Captain tonight. These three are quite well-known amongst the Guard, and you... we'll, you leave an impression..." the Adjunct smirks.

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 12:37 AM
Shiva

For someone attempting a clearance sale you do not seem to worried about selling your things.

Bowerbird
2010-05-17, 12:39 AM
"Right, and no more namecalling!" the gnome says, pointing an accusing finger at the adjunct with a glare, "Now, there's still plenty of day, where'd those other people who joined up disappear off to? The fort?"

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 12:40 AM
"Well, if you offer me enough, I might just give you everything to save myself time and trouble..." the Kobold shrugs with a smirk. "I have a lot of jars strewn all over the place. Big jars, small jars, rare jars, worthless jars... I'm not gonna go dig something fancy out if you're gonna pay me just a few coins..."

"Tis my assumption..." Krux shrugs.

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 12:50 AM
Shiva

I will admit I am no good at this haggling, however I can provide you services in exchange for the jars I require.

She gives a wolfish grin to the kobold.

Bowerbird
2010-05-17, 12:52 AM
"Ok, well I'll be heading off to see about how well defended this town seems to be," the gnome first walks back to the table of Orcs, "Right, everything's a go, we're good, I'm gonna go for a bit of a stroll and take in the situation, you lads enjoy yerselves, but not too much." Walking out of the bar, the gnome points an accusing finger at the adjunct, giving him the same glare from the namecalling warning, before backing out the door. Once outside Alstair goes on a stroll around the town, taking in important details.

As he's walking around:
Perception: [roll0]
Streetwise: [roll1]

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 12:53 AM
The kobold blinks dumbly for a few seconds. "Ser...vices?" he asks, not sure if she means what he thinks she means.

The town's nearly deserted, give or take the occasional peasant or sailor finishing up whatever business they have left in town.

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 12:55 AM
Shiva

So now it is my turn to ask you which services you would like me to perform.

She leans on the counter.

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 12:58 AM
"W-well, that depends. What s-sort of services are you of-offering?" the scaley orange lizard stutters, slightly nervous. "I can't ask for s-services if I don't know what s-sort you offer..."

Bowerbird
2010-05-17, 12:59 AM
Alstair wanders aimlessly down to the docks, taking in the layout of the place. He wanders up and down the beach for a bit, checking out the surrounding area, before eventually making his way to the fort.

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 01:11 AM
There are some pretty seashells on the beach. A few sand-dollars, too. They're quite lovely...

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 01:14 AM
Shiva

And now we have a problem I do not know what I am trading my service for....

She trails of and gives a mischievous smirk.

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 01:26 AM
"Heh. Heh heh heh. Hah hah hah hah hah!" the Kobold begins to laugh, a small chuckle at first which becomes a hearty laugh. He even begins to lose his balance, and has to stop laughing to avoid falling off his chair. "Okay, okay... You got me there. Fine, fine. What sort of jars do you need, then? Small jars? Big jars?" the Kobold rolls his eyes. "You still gotta tell me what type of jar you need so I don't go get the wrong type and waste our time. What do you need the jars for?"

Bowerbird
2010-05-17, 01:29 AM
"Hmm.. nothing of particular note here.." Alstair commits the scene to memory, so that he might better tell the story later, before collecting a few pretty seashells and heading off to the fort. "Now, let's see just what we've got to work with here.."

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 01:32 AM
Shiva

I require large jars to collect tar from the pits to the east. I will be needing at least ten gallons.

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 01:37 AM
Heading to the Fort, Alstair finds the same scene that the other adventurer's discovered earlier. Only now, instead of officers training the recruits, its a dark skinned Tiefling.

"Oh," the Kobold nods, scratching his head. "Gimme a sec..."

Hopping down from his chair, the Kobold skitters out from behind the counter and heads down one of the store's eisles. He begins to examine various clay pots, silver mugs, and earthen jars. "Uhhh... Lets see..." he mutters to himself. "What can we find heeeeere..."

After a few seconds, he holds up a large blue clay jar. "This sucker can hold about a gallon. Orrr..." he pokes at a large stone bucket with a metal screw-on lid, "This one, which can hold about two gallons." He then pokes at a large earthen amphora (y'know, the big tall vases the Roman's used) and shrugs. "These things can carry several gallons, but they're bulky..."

Bowerbird
2010-05-17, 01:50 AM
Alstair looks at the training soldiers with a grin, before sitting down on the wall overlooking them and pulling out his flute. Watching them for a few moments, he starts to play. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-YihfoCvoQ) :elan:

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 01:54 AM
Shiva

Shiva picks up the different jugs testing their weight, and durability.

And how much would I be giving you for these?

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 01:56 AM
"I dunno, which ones do you want?" the Kobold shrugs. "Gimme a price, I'll give you a deal..."

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 02:01 AM
Shiva

Do you not have lighter jars or containers, perhaps even metal ones.

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 02:08 AM
The Kobold manages to fish a few large metal canisters with screw-on lids out of the shelf. "Ah, here we go. Silver alloy, light but solid, holds about a gallon each. Not cheap though. Then we're got a few wood buckets, if that works too..." the Kobold muses.

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 02:22 AM
Shiva

These will do much better. I will need six of these metal ones if you have them and I might as well try some of them wooden ones.

she smiles at the kobold.

What will this cost?

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 02:31 AM
"For 6 silver canisters and some buckets?" the Kobold shrugs. "That'll run you about 10 gold..."

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 02:54 AM
Shiva

Oh that seems a little much. How does.... five gold sound for the lot?

She attempts to cant her hips just right and give him a smile.

[roll0]

really....

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 01:07 PM
In her attempts to sway the Kobold, Shiva sways her hips a bit too far. She manages to bump a small clay urn, which quickly tumbles off its shelf and shatters.

"Well, now its 11 gold..." the Kobold shrugs, slightly bemused.

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 04:58 PM
Shiva

Shiva represses a bestial grimace and attempts to regain her grin.

Oh unfortunate I guess I will not be able to provide you with my.... Services

[roll0]

lets try a more direct approach

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 05:06 PM
The Kobold holds up his hands. "Hey now, lets not be too hasty. I'm sure we can still work something out..." he grins. "How much gold do you have?"

Diplomacy if you're actually trying to seduce him, Bluff if you're just leading him on. :smalltongue:

Or you could always punt him and run for it. XD

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 05:11 PM
Shiva

Oh I have thought we were talking about my services not my gold. After all it seems it is those you wish to have.

Now that the conversation is back on track her grin returns.

[roll0] oh I am trying to use bestial sex appeal to sway him
[roll1] but sex is not the services she intends to give him :smalltongue:

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 05:14 PM
The Kobold shrugs. "Suit yourself. If gold is what works best... Besides, I dunno what you mean by services. You could mean anything from a back massage to washing my windows..." the Kobold grins. "Which are quite clean right now, by the way, hence the service is not needed."

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 05:18 PM
Shiva

Shiva shrugs

I was going to ensure that your shop was not destroyed by the pirates, but if it is golds you wish I can see what I can do.

she begins to gather up the jugs she requires.

[roll0] if this is the better check
[roll1] may be needed because I can not ensure from my position in the current plan, though I can try and sway the others to protect it

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 05:26 PM
"Oh!" the Kobold exclaims, leaping with surprise. "You're gonna try and help the town? Well why didn't you say so! I suppose that in the grand scheme of things, I can stand to loose a few canisters and bucks... I suppose you can just take them, if you need them for whatever your plan is," he shrugs. "Now see, if you'd been more clear about your services earlier on..." he grins and rolls his eyes.

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 05:35 PM
Shiva

Shiva smiles with her back to the kobold, this was much better.

Well than let me just tie these up and I shall be out of your hair unless you have any other suggestions for collecting tar.

She begins to use her rope to tie up the metal canisters and buckets and sling them over her staff and lifting them from the ground adjusting her position to get the lot balanced.

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 05:38 PM
"Nah..." the Kobold shrugs. "Though I dunno what you need tar for. Well, I can think of a few things..." the Kobold muses, staring up thoughtfully and rubbing his chin.

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 05:43 PM
Shiva

Shiva smiles at the kobolds attempt at making sense of the plan without knowing anything.

We are fixing up the boats.

She looks around the shop for any saddle bags which might be able to carry the load she currently is carrying.

Do you have any saddlebags they may also be helpful.

[roll0]

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 05:45 PM
There are some burlap sacks and twine cords which could be used to make saddlebags, or something of the like. If asked, the Kobold will give them to you without much fuss...

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 05:53 PM
Shiva

And if you do not mind I shall be taking these. They will make taking this load a lot easier.

Shiva motions to the burlap and twine.

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 05:54 PM
"Go for it..." the Kobold shrugs. "If it helps you save this place, I don't mind parting with something like that for free. You can't go taking my weapons and gear for free, though..."

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 05:56 PM
Shiva

Oh they won't be necessary.

Shiva grabs the bags and twine and waves as she leaves for the east edge of town.

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 06:00 PM
Night will be falling soon. Shiva may be better of staying in town until tommorrow, or recruiting others to tag along with her for protection or help gathering pitch. Or she could brave the dark wilderness surrounding Abosulition alone...

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 06:03 PM
Shiva

Shiva stops at the edge of town and sits for a while as she fashions makeshift saddlebags. She loads the containers into the bags and gets out of easy eyeshot of the town before stopping and placing the bags over her shoulders. A gathering of natural energy and she is a swift pony with her bags on herback. She begins to gallop in the direction of the swamp enjoying the twilight air and the wind in her mane.

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 06:16 PM
As she makes her way through the forest, Shiva enters a clearing. Before she realizes it, she's just feet away from a Goblin hunting party! There are two small goblins with short, crude blades and battered sections of leather armor. There's a larger goblin a short distance behind them, holding a sword and torch. They haven't noticed Shiva yet...

Shiva has surprise, and acts first. After that, roll Initiative.

Goblin initiative: [roll0]

-Shiva-
-------
-------
-------
G1--G2
-------
--G3--

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 06:26 PM
Shiva

Shiva doesn't slow her swift paces as the clearing reveals the goblin party. She bounds past the closest goblins and into the furthest and pummels to creature with her hooves.

charge action (pounce wis vs ref)
[roll0] (4 wis + 1 implement + 1 charge +2 advantage)
[roll1]
..... you are kidding me :smallfrown:

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 07:38 PM
The Goblin bends over to poke a bug. Shiva proceeds to fly right over him. Out of instinct, he stabs up with his sword as her shadow passes over him, managing to lightly scratch Shiva's flank as she soars overhead.

Big Goblin did 3 damage.

------
------
------
G1-G2
------
--BG--
--S---

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 08:01 PM
Shiva

Shiva shifts from her animal form and roars ferociously at the wound now on her stomach. She smacks her staff on the ground and seed pops from the top of it. She swings her staff smacking the seed at the large goblin where it explodes in a fiery explosion.

minor action to shift from animal to human (as well as a square back)
standard action to attack the goblin with fire seed
[roll0] vs reflex
[roll1]
squares around the big guy are full of flame (4 damage to cross through them)
move action to move back 5 squares away from the goblin keeping him between me and the others.

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 08:18 PM
"Hothothothothot!" the goblin snarls as he bursts into flames, attempting to beat the fire off of himself. The smaller two goblins, terrified by the flames, hold their ground and cower.

The bigger goblin shrugs off the flames, though, and charges blindly through the wall of fire in front of him. His skins smouldering and his leather armor blackened, the goblin springs forward, leaps into the air, and swings his sword down at the Druid. The blade leaves a shallow gash across her stomach, though it barely even draws any blood.

Goblins 1 and 2 stand still

Big Goblin moves 6 squares
Big Goblin takes 4 damage for crossing fire.

Big Goblin attacks: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

------
G1-G2
firefire
firefire
firefire
------
------
------
------
--BG--
-Shiva-

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 08:32 PM
Shiva

Shiva shifts into the form of panther while stepping back from the goblin. She than lets out a bestial roar as she locks eyes with the him and attempts to crush his will with her feral rage

shift into panther and a square backwards
move 3 squares to the (putting 4 between me and the goblin)
standard attack with cull the herd
[roll0] vs will
[roll1] and pull it him three squares closer (1 square away from me)

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 08:51 PM
As the flames blocking their path fade to ash, the smaller goblins charge. One of them hangs back, slightly wary, while the other rushes to join his leader. He holds out his arm, though, warning it to stay back - the Druid is his. With a snarl, he swings his sword at the the Druid, and the strike comes close to hitting her. However, but she manages to dodge it, though the attempt leaves her slightly winded.

Gobs 1 and 2 - double move
Big Goblin: [roll0] - hit

------
G1----
----G2
--BG--
-Shiva-
------

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 10:55 PM
Shiva

Shiva shifts back to her human form retreating as she does so. She moves just far enough before producing another seed which she slams into the lead goblin once more.

shift into human (and a space back)
move 6 spaces back
flame seed
[roll0] vs ref
[roll1]
area of 4 damage

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 11:06 PM
The flames erupt around the larger goblin, consuming its adjacent underling and burning him to a crisp. The larger goblin roars, and storms forward, shrugging off the burning flames around him. The smaller goblin cowers, and skitters quickly around the flames and follows after his boss, then swings around to try and flank the Druid. The larger goblin then hurls his torch like a javelin, hoping the pointy bottom will impale the Shifter. It strikes her in the chest, and while it doesn't penetrate her armor, it does leave her winded...

However, the fray has neared the edge of the forest. The Druid must either change the direction of the fight, or try to escape into the woods...

Goblin 2 ate it.
Goblin 1 double moves.

Big Goblin takes 5 damage, moves 6 spaces forward, then hurls its torch. It also gets the Greater Position boost to its ranged damage.

Big Goblin: [roll0] vs AC 13 - Hit

-----------
-----------
------BG---
-----------
G1---Shiva-
-----------
==Forest==

crazedloon
2010-05-17, 11:59 PM
Shiva

Shiva begins to crouch as her feral side takes over. Her teeth grows and she moves back to the center of the clearing.

minor action to shift
move as far as I can (avoid AoO) with my move speed of 8
standard action to second wind

Lycan 01
2010-05-18, 12:59 AM
The poor little goblin can barely keep up, running as fas as his small legs can carry him after the Druid before finally getting to her. The larger goblin gives chase as well, and manages to catch up with her.

OOOGO
OOOOS
OOOBO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOBOO
OOOOO
GOSOO

Goblin double move.
Biggie move action.

THAT WAS VERY TIME CONSUMING! XD But yeah, Goblin went all the way around, and Biggie just caught up.

Once the larger goblin catches up, he attempts another viscious slash with his sword. But he doesn't strike at the proper angle, and the blow glances off the Druid's armor.

Goblin attack: [roll0] vs AC 13 - Miss

crazedloon
2010-05-18, 01:18 AM
Shiva

Shiva shifts into a panther once more taking the a step to the side as she transforms and runs further away putting as much distance between herself and the goblins as she can while staying in the clearing.

Shift to the right and than double move (16 squares away)

Lycan 01
2010-05-18, 01:21 AM
The two goblins share a look... and then run in the opposite direction. They sprint for the treeline!

Both goblins make double moves for the treeline.

crazedloon
2010-05-18, 01:53 AM
Shiva

Shiva races after the large one attempting to catch him as he flees.

I will move action 1 time after them, than if they are close enough a charge action otherwise another another move action.

if attack
[roll0] vs ref
[roll1]

Lycan 01
2010-05-18, 02:10 AM
Completely shedding their gear, the goblins reach the treeline long before you have a chace to close the distance.

Yeah, they were like 4 times beyond your movement speed... :smalltongue:

Even though you didn't kill them, though, you still defeated them. So you get 150 XP total. So, total look for this encounter is....

-150 XP
-2 poor quality short swords
-1 decent quality short sword
-2 sets poor quality ramshackle leather armor
-1 set decent leather armor with metal bits
-1 perfectly BBQ'd Goblin
-1 really cool stomach scar

crazedloon
2010-05-18, 02:21 AM
Shiva

Shiva collects all the gear and begins bundeling into her pack and the saddlebags. She turns back into pony and continues her trek to the tar pits.

Lycan 01
2010-05-18, 03:11 AM
Shiva leaves the clearing in her wake. A few seconds later, squirrels swarm from the treelines, race to the corpse of the char-grilled Goblin, and devour the Druid's offering to nature. If squirrels could talk, they'd say it was grilled to perfection...

Meanwhile, at the pitch spring...

Shiva soon finds her hooves bogged down in the mud and mire of the swamp. The grassy forest floor had quickly transformed into spongy earth, which had gotten progressively muddier and boggier. Soon her legs are stuck up to their equine knees in swamp water and mud, and traces of pitch could be seen floating by in little black globules. The spring was close...

Nature check to find the spring...

crazedloon
2010-05-18, 03:31 AM
Shiva

Shiva continues to move into the bog attempting find the pits spring determined not to become Artax.

I had to :smalltongue:

[roll0]

and punished for bad jokes.... :smallconfused:

Lycan 01
2010-05-18, 03:35 AM
The squirrels are still hungry.

All around Shiva, the chittering and squacking of vermin and mammals can be heard. Through the darkness, reflected by the traces of moonlight filtering through the foliage, the glint of beady little eyes can be seen. They're watching her...

Shiva also realizes that part of the problem is the fact that... well... its dark. Finding oil in muddy water in the middle of the night, even with moonlight reflecting on the water, is not an easy task...

Another Nature check. Be wary of failure, though...

A torch or other sort of light may help, which would be a Perception test. But again, be wary of failure...

crazedloon
2010-05-18, 03:42 AM
Shiva

Shiva shifts into her normal self holding her staff and saddlebags above the water. She reaches into her pack and pulls out a torch. She pulls out her flint and steal lighting the torch. Holding the torch, saddlebags, and her staff out of the mud she continues her searching trying to follow the flow of the water to the source of the tar.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Lycan 01
2010-05-18, 03:48 AM
After several minutes of searching, Shiva begins to notice an increase of oil globules drifting with the swamp's flow. Following the trail, she soon finds herself on the edge of a small clearing, the surface of the water there slick and thick with a layer of pitch. Every now and then, a small bubble would rise from the mire, the oily surface tension preventing it from bursting for several seconds. Sure enough, Shiva had found the pitch spring...

crazedloon
2010-05-18, 04:56 AM
Shiva

Shiva rests the bags over a shoulder back and front and jams the staff into the ground. She begins scooping up the tar in the wooded buckets. When the tar is in the buckets she drains the water from the bucket and siphons the tar into the metal jugs.

Lycan 01
2010-05-18, 07:49 PM
With great ease, Shiva filters the oil from water, and fills the jars with pitch. However, she soon realizes that something isn't quite right.

Its quiet. Well, relatively quiet.

There are no birds chirping, no animals moving through the branches. Only the chirp of distant insects, and the slow flow of swamp water around her. Something isn't right...

crazedloon
2010-05-18, 08:06 PM
Shiva

Shiva continues to collect the tar until all the canisters and the buckets are full all the time watching out for whatever is causing the problem.

well most creature sleep at night :smalltongue: that might be the problem.

however if they are needed :smalltongue:

nature [roll0]
perception [roll1]

Lycan 01
2010-05-18, 08:14 PM
Just after Shiva finishes filling the canisters, she hears something moving through the water just beyond the treeline around the spring.

crazedloon
2010-05-18, 08:35 PM
Shiva

Shiva gathers her saddle bags and grabs her staff. She tosses the Torch high in the air over the center of the tar. As it flies into the air she turns and shifts into her pony form putting the saddlebags on her back and running as the flames hit the tar. She gallops at full speed from the flammable goop.

so yah lets find out how flammable the tar is :smalltongue:

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-19, 12:07 AM
Xavros works the men hard, but not so much as they are nearing their breaking points. He realizes that in a few days they will need to be battle ready. If he pushes two hard, they will not have any energy to work with. As he trains, he gives instruction and advice.

"Crafty fighters always strive to be aware of their surroundings, their assets and liabilities, and those of their opponent. Ideally, you should take note of the terrain and environment beforehand, and if you can, try to get an idea of how your opponent fights. Is he brave, or cautious? Skilled, or a novice? Everyone has a weakness, for instance, small opponents can frequently be overpowered, tall people have longer reach but often leave their legs exposed, etc. That being said, it may be that you won't have time to come up with a plan, so try to do this as fast as possible.

Missing one block or parry can be fatal, so protect yourself well. Maintain your sword in a position that runs from the bottom of your torso to the top of your head. This is a middle position, suitable for any skill level, that will enable you to respond to an attack with reasonable speed, and also gives you many angles for your own strikes.

Poise can decide a fight as surely as the sword, and is an effective stratagem. If you are nervous or frightened, your opponent may try to take advantage of your lack of confidence and attempt to goad you into making a fatal mistake. Cool warriors tend to make others wary, or even unsettled. You may also choose to show aggressiveness and intimidate your opponent instead, or even pretend to be scared, in the hope of lulling your enemy into making a fatal error."

As well as giving tips and warnings

"Conserve your energy. A fight to the death takes an incredible amount of effort, so don't waste your time with fancy maneuvers or unnecessary motion. Your survival may depend on this.

Remember that every part of your sword is a weapon, including the point, each edge, the handguard, and the pommel. Along with this your body is a weapon and anything around you can be a weapon. There is no reason a sword fight should be restricted to your blade. Use whatever you can to win.

A common mistake is presenting one's legs as an easy target - such an opportunity should never be missed. If one of the opponents goes down, then the fight is usually over.

Combination strikes are more effective than single blows. In an extended battle, a good fighter will attack with more than one attack. This gives a much better chance of success than just one strike. Keeping an opponent under pressure increases the possibility of a mistake on his part.

Most fighters tend to separate defense from attack, which limits their technique severely. The best warriors combine the two, so that a block or parry turns into a natural counterstrike. Their fighting becomes a smooth, flowing progression of movement.

Expect to be cut, or worse. A warrior who is worried about his own skin tends to freeze up in the middle of battle.

There are no rules. Nothing is off limits. Your opponents will not have a sense of personal honor and your chances of surviving will increase drastically if you leave yours at home on the mantel

While he spoke Xavros thought Naturally, most of these warnings do not apply to me. I was born this good.

Lycan 01
2010-05-19, 12:50 AM
Xavros trains the recruits into the night, the Gnome playing music from the corner of the fort for them. Just as their training is wrapping up, the notice a vibrant orange glow on the horizon. Smoke and flame are rising from the swamp, a great plume of darkness rising to blot out the moon and stars over the forest.

A short while later, Shiva returns back to the village, slightly singed but otherwise fine.

Tar spring go boom.

Xavros, you may reroll 2 of those checks from earlier due to your roleplaying and the Gnome's music.

crazedloon
2010-05-19, 01:00 AM
Shiva

Shiva arrives to the village turning back to her natural form and walks to the fort. There she seeks the commander or one of the others who are training the men.

Lycan 01
2010-05-19, 01:03 AM
Sure enough, Shiva sees Xavros training the recruits, who look like they're on the verge of death. There's also a small Gnome playing music in the corner. The other Shifter is nowhere to be seen. Its around 9 PM.

No one even knows the Warlock exists... :smalltongue:

crazedloon
2010-05-19, 01:10 AM
Shiva

Shiva walks to the front of the block of trainees and smiles at the other adventurer. She reaches into her makeshift saddlebags and pulls out the weapons and armor that she had collected and drops them before the warrior.

You should be able to use these.

She smiles and leaves to go back to the inn for the night.

Bowerbird
2010-05-19, 05:00 AM
As the druid turns up the gnome stops playing, "Well what 'ave we 'ere?" he says, moseying up to the pile of discarded gear, sifting through it with an experienced eye, (or at least an apparently experienced eye). "Iss a bit small for most of this lot, right size for me an' any folk of the shorter persuasion though.. The name's Alstair by the way, nice to meet y'all, I take it you're all on a mercenary contracts too? Anyone seen a few Orcs, I was supposed to meet up with 'em at some point today.."

Streetwise: [roll0] Just in case it'll help value stuff, get an idea for the quality of the gear, etc.

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-20, 08:11 AM
Xavros eyes the equipment and shakes his head.

"If you want it, you can have it. Its fairly worthless though. Maybe you can think of a practical purpose for it that I cannot. At any rate, we should dismiss for the night. I'll see all you bright and early on the morrow."

Xavros heads back for his lovely room at the Tavern.

PanzerFox
2010-05-20, 08:56 AM
After meeting with the Captain in the fort Tris decided to go scout the entire city to find out what were the most states of disrepair. After the sun started to go down for the day Tris started back to the tavern to sleep before the next day which consisted of finding people to help her with repairs and starting on said repairs.

Lycan 01
2010-05-22, 12:28 AM
A new day dawns. And it is the last full day before the pirates are set to arrive. Time must be spent carefully today, for there is little to spare.

The most decrepid part of the town is the fortress. While a few buildings in town are rather battered, and some of the supports and roofs are weathered and rotted, its the fortress that is both important and neglected. Considering the roll it will be serving tommorrow, it is most definitely the most imperitive repair objective.

Time to dish out XP! :D

Liam: 300 XP
(200 for roleplaying, 100 for training)

Panzer: 250 XP
(150 for roleplaying, 100 for planning)

Crazed: 450 XP
(200 for roleplaying, 150 for planning, 100 for combat)

Bowerbird: 350 XP
(150 for roleplaying, 200 for recruitment)

If you're curious about anything, feel free to comment or complain. But I gave out XP as fairly as I could, based off of participation, progress, skill, and success. Now that you all have an idea of what you need to do and work on, both for the town and for yourselves, I expect you to all do quite well on this next portion. :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and Saldre... Welllllll... You'll find out eventually. :smallwink:

crazedloon
2010-05-22, 12:38 AM
Shiva

As the Sun rises Shiva is already walking to the docks her jugs in tow. She takes her time enjoying the sun rise. When she reaches the docks she lays her gear down and dangles her feet over the dock as she waits for the shipwright to come to work.

Bowerbird
2010-05-22, 12:48 AM
Bundling up the discarded Goblin equipment, provided nobody objects, Alstair heads back to his room at the inn. Keeping an eye out for his Orc friends on the way.

The next morning finds Alstair out and about the town, looking for his friends, as well as any other newcomers who might be persuaded to come to the town's aid. Whistling a tune to himself, he makes his meandering way to the fortress, reporting for duty to help wherever needed.

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-22, 12:55 AM
Xavros awakes before the sun. His rest interrupted by his mind planning his torture for the trainees today. He strolls downstairs and eats a quick breakfast before heading out of the tavern for the fort. He hoped the trainees had paid attention when he mentioned that only dedicated warriors survived. They needed to be ready to go when he arrived

PanzerFox
2010-05-22, 12:58 AM
Before the sun even rises Tris is up and heads over to the barracks to find those three recruits that seemed to stumble much more than the others. As Tris walks into the training area she sees the poor recruits stumbling, most half-asleep, some more than that as the black Tiefling Xavros orders them to get their heads screwed on correctly. Heading over to Xavros Tris says,

Hey Wing, I need to borrow a few of your recruits to repairs the rest of this dying fort, if you wouldn't mind? I was thinking of take those three real pitiful looking guys stumbling over there feet there."

Tris points out the three beings, looking like they needed a few more hours in bed.

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-22, 01:03 AM
Xavros twists around, making a low growl at the Shifter, but a smile creeps on his face. Sure, we had yet to get started, and I think those three wouldn't mind a bit of a break from me. Go ahead, take them, just leave me with the rest. We still have alot of work to do.

Xavros glances at the three in question with a twisted smile and a raised eyebrow.

PanzerFox
2010-05-22, 01:18 AM
Tris chuckles at his growl then yells swiftly at the three beings, "Alright you lazy louts, lets get to making this place nice and secure shall we? First off we need to get these vines gone, then we need to fix the walls. And don't worry mates, there's more to come."

Tris grins wickedly at the poor men and points at the vine covered stones.

Lycan 01
2010-05-22, 01:20 AM
The Shipwright takes awhile to show up, but a few hours after dawn he strolls up, pipe jutting from between his teeth. "Ah, well lookie here. The lassie came back..."

When Alstairs arrives at the fort, he discovers the trio of Orks sparring in one corner of the courtyard. Trog is fencing with a longsword against a straw dummy, the quiet Ork is practicing his shield stances, and the leader is shadowboxing while shirtless.

The trio of lazy recruits sulk over to Tris, secretly happy to be free of Xavros.

Bowerbird
2010-05-22, 01:28 AM
Alstair wanders through the fortress, to each section in turn, idly playing his flute all the while, trying to perfect that new song he's been working on. He sees that recruit training is well in hand with the Tieling, repair work being done by the shifter, and the other shifter seems to be building... something... Well no sense getting in the way, time to put myself to good use. he thinks to himself. "I'm headed out into town, anyone need anything?" he asks each of them in turn.

Spotting the Orcs he gives them each a thumbs up!

crazedloon
2010-05-22, 01:30 AM
Shiva

Shiva smiles up at the dwarf.

Ai, back and baring gifts. She taps her jugs and buckets. This should be enough shouldn't it?

PanzerFox
2010-05-22, 01:33 AM
Tris ponders over the Gnomes question then says, "Well if you can find any mortar for these stones and maybe some rope for hauling things up into the towers, that'd be lovely."

Tris flashes a sweet smile at the Gnome while saying "lovely".

ImmortalLiam
2010-05-22, 01:34 AM
Xavros glances at the Gnome.

"Ah, my musical friend! And I just realized, I was so annoyed by the quality of those weapons yesterday I forgot to introduce myself. Xavros Vrockwing, Mr. Alstair, my memory serving me correctly. And If you run across any health potions, Id be glad to take them off your hands"

As he speaks the last phrase, Xavros gives a sarcastic grin, realizing that wont be happening.

Lycan 01
2010-05-22, 01:38 AM
The Dwarf takes the jars of pitch, unscrews the tops, then surveys the contents. He then looks up with her, a grin on his face, and laughs heartily. "Aye, this'll get the job done. Come back in a few hours, an' we should be able ta make some progress..."

crazedloon
2010-05-22, 01:47 AM
Shiva

In that case I shall return with our sailors in due time.

Shiva smiles as she turns to go to the fort when she spots the gnome coming her way.

Well if you can find me a couple of brave men willing to take the battle to the pirates I would appreciate it.

Bowerbird
2010-05-22, 01:57 AM
To the Shifter, Alstair does something he rarely does and removes his hat, giving her a bow, revealing dirty-blonde hair. You can see why he wears a hat... "I shall see what I can do, milady," he says, straightening and putting his hat back on, taking a few seconds to adjust it back into place before heading to the training area to repeat his question.

To the Tiefling, "Why yes, they were pretty rubbish weren't they? Your memory does indeed serve you correctly, Mr Vrockwing." In a serious tone he adds: "I shall keep an eye out for health potions, after all you never know," he says with a wink. "I trust the lads I recuited before are performing admirably?" he asks, indicating the training Orcs, "At any rate, good luck on the training!" he says with a wave as he leaves to search out the particularly elusive druid.

And almost runs into the druid in the halls. "Ah, right you are, ma'am. Would you like me to convince some of Mr. Vrockwing's recruits, or some townspeople for this particular... operation?" he says, with an upraised eyebrow.

crazedloon
2010-05-22, 02:11 AM
Shiva

Well this will not be a simple job. I require as many fighters as you can acquire who are willing to brave an underwater ambush and to board the ships when they arrive and take them by force.

Shiva looks the gnome up and down and smiles.

You seem to be a better judge of character than I so I may be able to entrust you with this problem.

Bowerbird
2010-05-22, 02:33 AM
Alstair salutes the druid, "Will do, ma'am. The name's Alstair by the way," he says, offering his hand.

crazedloon
2010-05-22, 02:47 AM
Shiva

Shiva takes the gnomes hand.

Nice you meet you Master Alstair, my name is Shiva

Bowerbird
2010-05-22, 02:53 AM
Alstair bows slightly, "Nice to make your 'quaintance," he says, standing up straight again, "Well, I better be off, time to see just how much I can wring out to save this place." he gives Shiva a wave before heading off around the corner and out of the fortress.

Heading into town, Alstair looks for the first things on his list, mortar and rope, while keeping an eye out for potential recruits as well as anything else of use to the cause.

Streetwise: [roll1]

Lycan 01
2010-05-22, 02:55 AM
Surely the General Store may have mortar and rope, or at least something else that may prove useful...

Bowerbird
2010-05-22, 03:25 AM
"Ah, the general store, lets see if they can be of help," Alstair says to himself, as he heads inside and looks around.

Lycan 01
2010-05-22, 03:29 AM
Entering the store, the Gnome finds himself eye to eye with Kobold sweeping the floor with a small broomstick. "Y'know, you're the first guy in weeks I didn't have to stand on something or crane my neck for in order to carry on a conversation..." the reptilian merchant smirks.

Bowerbird
2010-05-22, 03:39 AM
The gnome smiles, "Quite a relief, I'm sure. The name's Alstair, recen'ly hired by the people who run this town to help with your impending pirate problem, I was hoping you could provide some materials needed to fix yonder fortress?" Alstair says hopefully, "We need some rope and mortar for fixing the walls, plus anything else you may happen to have, in reserve?" he gives special emphasis to "in reserve".

Lycan 01
2010-05-22, 11:40 PM
"Rope, mortar, ladders, buckets," the Kobold shrugs with a grin, "Take them, my friend. As long as it helps the town..."

Bowerbird
2010-05-24, 02:48 AM
"Ah, excellent, excellent! Now, you don't happen to have anything special in stock? Things that lean towards the unusual?" the gnome says hopefully.

Lycan 01
2010-05-24, 02:58 AM
"Fraid not," the Kobold shrugs. "Its just a general store. I have a few bits of armor, some weapons, and a handful of potions and scrolls. Other than that, its just miscellanious stuff..."

Bowerbird
2010-05-24, 03:26 AM
"Hmm.. Potions, eh? How many and what of? If you don't mind my asking?" Alstair inquires, looking around the shop.

crazedloon
2010-05-24, 03:38 AM
Shiva

Shiva walks up to the fort and looks on as the trainees learn to fight. When she sees the lot stumbling and being generally incompetent she looks at the orcs in the corner. She trots up to them and smiles at the lot.

So you decided to join the fight?

PanzerFox
2010-05-24, 10:42 AM
While Alstair was off looking for mortar and other things to fix the wall, Tris was finishing up directing the three recruits on how to pull the vines down without making the walls in worse shape than they were. Leaving them to it Tris walks into the building housing the Captain and said,

"Hey Captain, I've started some men on pulling down those vines, I was wondering how exactly you said was the best way to repair the walls, and do you care if I look in the armory to see if there's anything helpful we can use?"

Lycan 01
2010-05-24, 02:09 PM
"Three health potions," the Kobold shrugs. "Not the best tasting brew, but it can fix a broken femur, so there's no room to complain..."

The shirtless leader looks down at the Druid, his tusks jutting from between his smirking lips. "Hello, Shifter. That little Gnome managed to convince us to lend our talents to the fight. Besides, we like the bar here. It'd be a shame to see it burn..."

The Captain arches an eyebrow. "Well, as previously stated, tearing down the vines, filling in the cracks, and strengthening the supports are the obvious choices. Getting cannon and shot up into the towers would be good, too. There's nothing in the armory besides some old shortswords, a pistol or two, and the cannons and shot..."

crazedloon
2010-05-24, 02:13 PM
Shiva

So how brave do yall think you are?

Lycan 01
2010-05-24, 02:48 PM
"Its not a question of bravery," the Ork grins. "Just a question of payment. We normally don't waver in the face of the enemy, unless its something like a Lich or Demon or something. Survival instincts and common sense, y'know? But the problem is whether or not its worth our time. Is the payment enough to warrant our lives being in danger, and cover the costs of gear and medical supplies? If so, then we're hired. If not, then its not our fight. And in this case, they've managed to foot the bill just fine for us..."

crazedloon
2010-05-24, 03:00 PM
Shiva

There lack of fear brings a small smile to Shiva's face, maybe they would do just right.

Well if that is all than I may have a part in this defenses which you are particularly suited for. I require a few intrepid combatants to join me in an underwater attack on the ships themselves. Should you join me I do believe the locals will not mind allowing you to loot anyone you kill.

[roll0] if needed :smallfrown:

Lycan 01
2010-05-24, 04:00 PM
The three orsimer pause their training. They look back and forth at each other, then back at her. "Go on..." the leader croons, rubbing his chin in thought.

crazedloon
2010-05-24, 04:04 PM
Shiva

I am building a few boats which shall lay in wait for the pirates to arrive under water. When the pirates have arrived and begun their attack on land those in the boats shall raise to the surface and take the ships while the majority of the pirates are gone. When we have the boats those on land will have little to do but surrender or die. Yall look like the kind of men up for such a task.

[roll0] diplomacy

oh really ....