PDA

View Full Version : Runescape

Jinura
2010-05-14, 12:29 PM
So I recently re-discovered Runescape, it being my first mmorpg and I think I was a "Member" for a few years. So anyone else playing it? I'm thinking about re-subscribing but for now i'm still a free player.

And sorry for my sucky spelling :smallsigh:

Castaras
2010-05-14, 02:20 PM
Oh man, I haven't played Runescape in years.... 'twas the origin of my name, Castaras. :smallbiggrin: Level 77 Thieving, level 83(I think) combat. ^^

Octopus Jack
2010-05-14, 05:57 PM
I used to play it too, used to be a member.
Thieving was the most fun skill to get up ever, now I want to start playing again :smallfurious:

Inhuman Bot
2010-05-14, 09:34 PM
I had quite a good charcter, back in the day, mostly from getting the best items gold could buy due to a 7 year old me having the paitence to deal with a market to maximize gold intake.

Then I found WoW, and I had so much more fun with it, I dropped Runescape.

Good times, though. :smalltongue:

Jinura
2010-05-15, 06:02 AM
I also dropped Runescape for WoW, but now something that draws me back is the great quest and skill system.. If I should become a "Member" again i've yet to decide :smalltongue:

Inhuman Bot
2010-05-15, 10:53 AM
I also dropped Runescape for WoW, but now something that draws me back is the great quest and skill system.. If I should become a "Member" again i've yet to decide :smalltongue:

Some of the quests have good writing, but otherwise, I utterly loathed the skill system, and generally wasn't a fan of quests. :smalltongue:

besring
2010-05-15, 10:58 AM
I dropped runescape for GuildWars as it had a monk specific class and was easier to level up in.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-05-15, 02:30 PM
Baaaaaack in my day, we didn't have no fancy ''thieving''.
And no fancy membership either! Back then, it was entirely free!

Ofcourse I only played it for two weeks and then stopped. In the duration of which I had gotten my entire grade addicted to the game.:smalltongue:

Athaniar
2010-05-17, 05:33 AM
I used to play it, but then switched to WoW like Anetheron and Jinura. Still check the site and wiki for updates, though, I like the storylines. I also play Armies of Gielinor occasionally.

Deth Muncher
2010-05-17, 02:45 PM
Oh man, I haven't played Runescape in years.... 'twas the origin of my name, Castaras. :smallbiggrin: Level 77 Thieving, level 83(I think) combat. ^^

Hey, small world! Deth Muncher was my Runescape name too. XD I went on a while back, but couldn't do much since I was still wearing all Member's gear and if you take it off, you can't put it back on. Also, my bank had too much stuff in it for a Freebie, so I wouldn't have been able to store it.

I wanna say I was like level 81 combat? I know I could wield a Whip and an Obsidian shield, if that means anything to anyone.

Jaser
2010-05-18, 06:34 AM
RuneScape takes place in the world of Gielinor,a medieval fantasy realm divided into several different kingdoms,regions and cities.:smallfurious:

Rhydeble
2010-05-18, 09:07 AM
Runescape, now that's long ago.

I think i had combat level of 65 or so, and left when there were no more non-member quests to do.

Silverraptor
2010-05-18, 09:39 AM
Ah yes. I remember Runescape. It certainly has been a while.