PDA

View Full Version : Batgirl v. Batgirl?!

CelestialStick
2006-06-17, 09:12 PM
Nope, I don't mean the old Barbara Gordon Batgirl versus the new um, what's her name Batgirl. I mean that I'm watching the movie Bats starting Dina Meyer as a professor of zoology specialzing in bats, and remembering that she also stared as Oracle ie Barbara Gordon ie former Batgirl in the short-lived tv show, Birds of Prey. So that's Dina Meyers as two different Batgirls! :D

Brett Wong
2006-06-17, 09:32 PM
depends if batman interveens.

CelestialStick
2006-06-17, 09:43 PM
I must say that this movie is pretty much like every other monsterized-animal/disaster movie that Sci Fi shows on Saturday nights: pretty poor. Not even Dina Meyer and Lou Diamond Philips can save this sad script. :(

Mr._Blinky
2006-06-17, 09:53 PM
depends if batman interveens.

Actually, I think he'd just watch. ;)

"Bat fight!!"

CelestialStick
2006-06-17, 10:23 PM
Actually, I think he'd just watch. ;)

"Bat fight!!"

LOL. Actually there's no match. Dina Meyer as Oracle could win even though she's confined to a wheelchair. This Bats movie has four scientists, with three specialized in bats, the movie has run for an hour and 20 minutes and yet not a single one of them has suggested using sound to disorient the bats. (Actually the scientist who created the advanced, intelligent, omnivorous bats has been secretly working against them, but Dina Meyers as Oracle would have figured out the sonic thing in like the first 5 minutes.)

Ok, 90 minutes into the 120-movie, and nobody's thought of using sound, and the bats came and killed their evil scientist creator. I mean he sort of had it coming, but the movie is so weaky written that I can't even get into his having it coming.

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-06-18, 03:41 AM
Could we bring in Dr. Kurt Langstrom on this? I mean, as a Chiroptera expert, he's probably have figured out the sonic thing fairly fast, and I've always wanted to see Man-Bat vs. Batgirl. ;D

CelestialStick
2006-06-18, 03:43 AM
Could we bring in Dr. Kurt Langstrom on this? I mean, as a Chiroptera expert, he's probably have figured out the sonic thing fairly fast, and I've always wanted to see Man-Bat vs. Batgirl. ;D
Yeah, you know, I was thinking about starting a Batman v. Manbat thread. How about Batgirl v. Manbat indeed?!

DeathQuaker
2006-06-18, 08:40 AM
(I am discussing Comics Oracle for most of this, though TV Oracle has similar skill set, so...)

Oracle vs. Bat-Scientist: Oracle would win; is probably smarter and has more degrees for one thing. Second of all, probably hacks Bat-Scientist's computer and stealsdeletes Bat-Scientist's groundbreaking research paper, causing Bat-Scientist to crumble into quivering wreck. And if it comes to hand to hand, Bat-Scientist probably has no training, so will find herself pinned to wall by escrima sticks or zotted by the taser fitted into Oracle's chair.

Oracle vs. Batgirl II (Cassandra Cain): In hand to hand, Cass would destroy Barbara, though Barbara might be able to pull together some psychological warfare things that would help. Or she jumps up all her clocktower defenses so Cass can't get to her (but Cass could probably beat those in time).

Oracle (Babs Gordon) vs Batgirl I (Babs Gordon the Younger): Oracle would win because she's wiser and more experienced and Batgirl wouldn't want to fight a woman in a wheelchair anyway. And Oracle is a much better hero anyway.

Batgirl (Babs Gordon) vs Man-Bat: Probably Man-Bat, not sure about that.

Batgirl (Cassie Cain) vs Man-bat: Probably Cassie. She gave Lady Shiva a fair licking; I doubt I psycho with wings will cause her much trouble.

Oracle vs Batman: Likely Batman, though Oracle at least gave him a good dressing down a few issues of the comic ago.

Comics Oracle vs TV Oracle: Comics Oracle proves to TV Oracle she was in an inferior series with poor writing, and demonstrates that she has much cooler and much better allies. Then hacks TV Oracle's batgirl-cyber spine and makes TV Oracle do a little dance.

(Not a fangirl. No not me. ;) )

Were-Sandwich
2006-06-18, 08:42 AM
Bats sounds like a cool movie. Channel, time, cinema?

CelestialStick
2006-06-18, 01:32 PM
(I am discussing Comics Oracle for most of this, though TV Oracle has similar skill set, so...)

Oracle vs. Bat-Scientist: Oracle would win; is probably smarter and has more degrees for one thing. Second of all, probably hacks Bat-Scientist's computer and stealsdeletes Bat-Scientist's groundbreaking research paper, causing Bat-Scientist to crumble into quivering wreck. And if it comes to hand to hand, Bat-Scientist probably has no training, so will find herself pinned to wall by escrima sticks or zotted by the taser fitted into Oracle's chair.

Oracle vs. Batgirl II (Cassandra Cain): In hand to hand, Cass would destroy Barbara, though Barbara might be able to pull together some psychological warfare things that would help. Or she jumps up all her clocktower defenses so Cass can't get to her (but Cass could probably beat those in time).

Oracle (Babs Gordon) vs Batgirl I (Babs Gordon the Younger): Oracle would win because she's wiser and more experienced and Batgirl wouldn't want to fight a woman in a wheelchair anyway. And Oracle is a much better hero anyway.

Batgirl (Babs Gordon) vs Man-Bat: Probably Man-Bat, not sure about that.

Batgirl (Cassie Cain) vs Man-bat: Probably Cassie. She gave Lady Shiva a fair licking; I doubt I psycho with wings will cause her much trouble.

Oracle vs Batman: Likely Batman, though Oracle at least gave him a good dressing down a few issues of the comic ago.

Comics Oracle vs TV Oracle: Comics Oracle proves to TV Oracle she was in an inferior series with poor writing, and demonstrates that she has much cooler and much better allies. Then hacks TV Oracle's batgirl-cyber spine and makes TV Oracle do a little dance.

(Not a fangirl. No not me. ;) )
Wow, nobody can accuse you of not being thorough!

In defense of the Bat-professor I have to say that she was a very hands-on type, so deleting a research paper certainly wouldn't hurt her. It was still such a bad movie that I didn't even watch the end.

Bats sounds like a cool movie. Channel, time, cinema?

Were-Sandwich, I hardly recognized you with your new avatar. Sci Fi showed Bats last night, and according to Yahoo TV there are no other showings scheduled.

Kish
2006-06-18, 02:27 PM
This Bats movie has four scientists, with three specialized in bats, the movie has run for an hour and 20 minutes and yet not a single one of them has suggested using sound to disorient the bats. (Actually the scientist who created the advanced, intelligent, omnivorous bats has been secretly working against them, but Dina Meyers as Oracle would have figured out the sonic thing in like the first 5 minutes.)

Ok, 90 minutes into the 120-movie, and nobody's thought of using sound, and the bats came and killed their evil scientist creator. I mean he sort of had it coming, but the movie is so weaky written that I can't even get into his having it coming.
This reminds me of watching the Daredevil movie.

I kept expecting Daredevil to realize that breaking the lights in the area he was fighting in would put the combatant who didn't need to see at a huge advantage, but no.

CelestialStick
2006-06-18, 02:32 PM

I kept expecting Daredevil to realize that breaking the lights in the area he was fighting in would put the combatant who didn't need to see at a huge advantage, but no.

ROFLMAO! Good one, Kish! :D

Steward
2006-06-18, 08:49 PM

Daredevil can't see either...can he?

Saithis Bladewing
2006-06-18, 08:54 PM
Daredevil can't see either...can he?

Daredevil can't see and that's the point. Him breaking all the lights would give him a huge advantage.

Steward
2006-06-18, 09:06 PM
Daredevil can't see and that's the point. Him breaking all the lights would give him a huge advantage.

Oh, I get it now! For a second I thought that the original post was about his opponent.

Karu
2006-06-19, 02:31 PM
lolz fighting is bat, kids.

((This retarded pun was brought to you by your local grumpy monk trying to make some humour))

CelestialStick
2006-06-20, 06:53 PM
Heh. The movie is long gone (ok, three days gone) but the thread lives on! :D