PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Template project: Slime template [Peach]

zagan
2010-05-14, 01:25 PM
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/974/lasmabynecrisomega.jpg
An angry Slime Lamia.

Slime Template:
The Slime Template: can be add to any non-Ooze:
Size and type: Size remain unchanged, type change to Ooze with the Centralized subtype (see spoiler:)
Ooze (Centralized):
Unlike normal Oozes, the magic maintaining the Centralized Ooze identity and personality gives it a somewhat more discernible anatomy. In particular, a core of magical power runs through the creature, functioning similarly to the nervous and circulatory systems of normal creatures. This is necessary to allow the Centralized Ooze to function, but comes at the cost of many of the features of a usual Ooze creature. It also provides the Centralized Ooze with limbs and something resembling a face, which is at the front of their Core.
- Limbs: Unlike normal Oozes, Centralized Oozes have limbs. Though the particular shape of an Centralized Ooze may vary dramatically, the general idea would be a central portion, perhaps roughly spherical, with a blob serving as a sort of head, with the limbs sprouting directly from this Core. This can allows them to wield weapons and wear armor if their shape allow it.
- Intelligence: Unlike normal Oozes, Centralized Oozes are not Mindless, and are therefore susceptible to Mind-Affecting effects.
- Sensory Perception: Unlike normal Oozes, Centralized Oozes do not have Blindsight. Instead, they gain normal sense of sight, hearing and touch.
- Immunities: Unlike normal Oozes, Centralized Oozes are not immune to Paralysis or Stunning effects. They are immune to Poison, Sleep, and Polymorph, like most Oozes, and additionally immune to non-magical Disease, Nausea, Fatigue, Exhaustion, and effects that cause the Sickened condition. Magical or supernatural sources of these effects may affect them as usual.
- Critical Hits: Unlike normal Oozes, Centralized Oozes are susceptible to critical hits and flanking. They do have a discernable (if exotic and somewhat simple) anatomy, which is roughly humanoid in form, and those skilled or lucky enough to hit a weak spot can do additional damage.
Anyone used to picking out opponents' weak points will recognize the Centralized Ooze's 'face' and Core for what they are, and can attack them. Branches of "Core material" are also found inside of the creature's limbs, which means effects like attempts to, for example, hamstring the Centralized Ooze can achieve the normal effect (although what actually happens internally is quite a bit different, since it is more of a disruption to the Spell's ability to control its limbs, rather than physical damage to the body part).
- Eating, Drinking, Sleeping, and Breathing: Like most Oozes, Centralized Oozes do not need to sleep (though general rest is necessary to regain spells and similar abilities), they do not need to breath either but they need to eat and drink as normal.

Hit Dice: All racial Hit dice (including those gain after the application of this template) become d10

Speed: The base creature land speed is reduces by 10ft to a minimum of 10ft

Base Attack Bonus: Bab change to 3/4 racial Hit dice

Special abilities: A Slime retains all the base creature special abilities and gain Acid production.

Special qualities: A Slime lose all the trait from its previous type but otherwise keep all the base creature special qualities and gain Slight Build and Flexible body.

Base save Bonus: All saving throw from racial hit dice become poor

Skills: 2+Int per hit dice (x4 for the first)

Challenge Rating: +1

Level adjustement: +1

Acid production(Ex): Three time per day as a standard action a Slime can generate Acid, she can either spit it at target, treat it as a range touch attack with a range increament of 10ft dealing 1d6 point of acid damage or she can put in a vial and use it as an Acid flask.

Slight Build(Ex): The physical stature of a Slime lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category smaller. Whenever a slime is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as Hide), the Slime is treated as one size smaller if doing so is advantageous to the character. A Slime is also considered to be one size smaller when "squeezing" through a restrictive space. A Slime can use weapons designed for a creature one size smaller without penalty. However, the space and reach of a Slime remain those of a creature of their actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.

Flexible Body(Ex): A Slime body being made mostly of a gelatinous material confer some advantage. A Slime can ignore up to two dice of damage when taking falling damage. A Slime also gain a +4 bonus on grapple check.

*Note on cosmetic change: A Silme creature is now completely composed of a dense gelatinous material. It can be of any color but always at least a little transparent.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Template Project (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8492255#post8492255)

Designer note:
First a Big thank you to DragoonWraith for letting me use his centralized subtype.

I'm pretty happy with this one particular the Acid production ability, the following serie of feat build on it.

Fast Slime [Template]
You are faster than most other slime
Prerequisite
Slime Template, Dex 11
Benefit
Your land speed is not reduce by 10ft
Special
This feat can only be taken at 1st level during character creation

Acid owerflow [Template]
You are very adept at producing acid
Prerequisite
Slime template, Con 13
Benefit
You can use your Acid production ability a number of time per day equal to 3+Con modifier

Greater Acid owerflow [Template]
You are very adept at producing acid
Prerequisite
Slime template, Con 17, Acid owerflow
Benefit
You can use your Acid production ability a number of time per day equal to 3+ Twice your Con modifier

Swift Acid [Template]
You produce acid really fast
Prerequisite
Slime template, Con 13, Acid owerflow
Benefit
Three time per day you can use your Acid production ability as a swift action

Potent Acid [Template]
Your acid is particulary effective
Prerequisite
Slime template, Con 15, Acid owerflow
Benefit
The acid you produce with your Acid production ability deal 1d6 acid damage per two hit dice

Acid throw [Template]
You can send your acid farther than normal
Prerequisite
Benefit
When you spit acid with your Acid production ability the range increament is 30ft

Acid blow [Template]
You can use your acid to augment your attack
Prerequisite
Benefit
As a swif action you can spend a use of your Acid production ability to add the damage dealt by your acid to your next melee or ranged attack, if the attack miss or if you don’t attack before the end of the round the use is still spent for the day
Special
A fighter may select this feat as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Acid armor [Template]
You can use your acid to protect yourself
Prerequisite
Benefit
As a swif action you can spend a use of your Acid production ability to coat yourself in acid this deal no damage to your equipment but any creature attacking you with a natural weapon or non-reach manufactured weapon take 1d6 point of acid damage. This last for 1 minute
Special
A fighter may select this feat as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Divine Acid [Template] [Divine]
You can channel a portion of the divine energy provide by your god into your acid
Prerequisite
Slime template, Con 13, Acid owerflow, Turn or rebuke undead ability
Benefit
As a free action when using your Acid production ability you can spend one of your turn or rebuke undead attempts to transform it so that half the damage dealt by the acid result direclty from divine power and is the therefore not subject to being reduced by protection from elements or similar magic. The other half of the damage dealt is still acid as normal. If you put the acid into a flask this effect last only one minute after that it become normal acid again.

Psionic Acid [Template] [Psionic]
You can use your mind to enhance your acid
Prerequisite
Benefit
As a free action when using your Acid production ability you can spend expend your psionic focus if you do so your Acid deals +2d6 point of damage. If you put the acid into a flask this effect last only one minute after that it become normal acid again.

EDIT: As was suggested by DragoonWraith I've remove the notion of face from the subtype and add the need to eat and drink.

A few more feat by sidhe3141: (modified in some case)

Superheated Liquid [Template]
Prerequisites: Slime template, Con 15.
Benefit: You ignore the first 5 points of fire damage you would take from any one source.
Special: If you gain this feat you can never gain the Supercooled liquid feat

Supercooled Liquid [Template]
Benefit: You ignore the first 5 points of cold damage you would take from any one source.
Special: If you gain this feat you can never gain the Superheated liquid feat

Superfluid [Template]
Prerequisites: Slime template, Fast Slime, Dex 15.
Benefit: You gain a climb speed equal to half your base land speed.

True Superfluid [Template] [Epic]
Prerequisites: Slime template, Fast Slime, Superfluid, Dex 25, Escape Artist 25 ranks.
Benefit: You are considered Fine for purposes of determining what size holes you may squeeze through.

Superheated Explosion [Template]
Prerequisites: Slime template, Superheated Liquid, Con 19.
Benefit: If you take fire damage, you may choose to explode as a immediate action. This inflicts 1d6 damage on you and 1d6 fire, sonic, and bludgeoning damage per two HD on all within 10 feet of you. Those caught in the burst may make a Reflex save (DC 10+ half HD+Con mod) for half damage.

Supercooled Freeze [Template]
Prerequisites: Slime template, Supercooled Liquid, Con 19.
Benefit: If you take cold damage, you may choose to freeze as a immediate action. You can stay frozen for a number or round equal to your constitution modifier you are considered slowed as the spell for the duration, you can end the effect anytime as a free action.
While in this stat any creature dealing damage to you with a no-reach weapon or natural weapon take 1d6 cold damage. In addition those holding manufactured weapon must make a reflex save (DC 10+ half HD+Con mod) or lose their weapon which fall to the ground.

WoodenSword
2010-05-14, 01:39 PM
Very cool, but could be easilly abused by wily players

zagan
2010-05-14, 01:41 PM
Very cool, but could be easilly abused by wily players

What in particular ?

DragoonWraith
2010-05-15, 02:38 PM
I think some of what you have for the Centralized subtype is really kind of specific to Living Spells rather than any creature who may have the subtype. In particular, eating and the magical sight seem not necessarily appropriate for the template, I think.

zagan
2010-05-15, 03:00 PM
I think some of what you have for the Centralized subtype is really kind of specific to Living Spells rather than any creature who may have the subtype. In particular, eating and the magical sight seem not necessarily appropriate for the template, I think.

Thinking about it, you might be right. I'll probably change it later.

The Anarresti
2010-05-16, 08:01 PM
Can they squeeze through small spaces, engulf people or just generally ooze about?

zagan
2010-05-17, 06:19 AM
Can they squeeze through small spaces, engulf people or just generally ooze about?

Sadly no, I did think about doing something like that but it would mean not wearing any equipment and perhaps not even any clothes.
If you have an idea on how it could be done however I would be glad to include it either as a racial trait or as a feat depending on the power level.

DragoonWraith
2010-05-17, 08:25 AM
Slight Build would be a decent way to emulate that idea. It's a pretty sweet one.

zagan
2010-05-17, 11:10 AM
Slight Build would be a decent way to emulate that idea. It's a pretty sweet one.

The kobold ability ? Yes that might work, Thanks.

Edit: I add slight build to the template it's not powerfull but it fit the ooze feeling.

Crafty Cultist
2010-05-18, 06:40 AM
A few thoughts

Maybe give them the ability to ignore a small amount of falling damage or light fortification to represent a more amphorous form.

Also, a bonus when grappling could represent the engulfing nature of oozes

Thats my two cents. feel free to disregard

FishAreWet
2010-05-18, 07:36 AM
Why is this a +1? It's not stronger then a Warforged.

zagan
2010-05-18, 07:47 AM
A few thoughts

Maybe give them the ability to ignore a small amount of falling damage or light fortification to represent a more amphorous form.

Also, a bonus when grappling could represent the engulfing nature of oozes

Thats my two cents. feel free to disregard

Reducing damage from falling damage is a good idea, grappling too i'll think about it.

Why is this a +1? It's not stronger then a Warforged.

Yes, but it's in addition to any racial trait the base creature may already have and warforged are considered pretty strong LA 0. But to put it in line with the other I might add a little something as Crafty suggested.

Edit: Finally I add flexibe body to grant bonus on grapple and reduce falling damage. It's not too big but flavorfull and can be occasionaly usefull.

Kiren
2010-05-19, 04:02 AM
Sadly no, I did think about doing something like that but it would mean not wearing any equipment and perhaps not even any clothes.
If you have an idea on how it could be done however I would be glad to include it either as a racial trait or as a feat depending on the power level.

Awaken Ooze and sculpting tool.

Roderick_BR
2010-05-19, 10:01 AM
Looks interesting. Kinda funny that just the other day I was talking to a friend about this 3.0 PrC (Tome & Blood) that lets a character turn into an ooze.

zagan
2010-05-19, 11:14 AM
Awaken Ooze and sculpting tool.

Could you elaborate ?

Looks interesting. Kinda funny that just the other day I was talking to a friend about this 3.0 PrC (Tome & Blood) that lets a character turn into an ooze.

Thank you. (on a side note the Prc is in master of the wild not tome & blood)

sidhe3141
2010-06-15, 08:54 PM
Benefit: You ignore the first 5 points of fire damage you would take from any one source.

Benefit: You ignore the first 5 points of cold damage you would take from any one source.

Superfluid [Template]

Prerequisites: Slime template, Fast Slime, Superfluid, Dex 25, Escape Artist 25 ranks.
Benefit: You are considered Fine for purposes of determining what size holes you may squeeze through.

Benefit: If you take piercing, slashing, or bludgeoning damage within one round after taking fire damage, you may choose to explode as a swift action. This inflicts 1d6 bludgeoning damage on you and 3d6 fire, sonic, and bludgeoning damage on all within 5 feet of you. Those caught in the burst may make a Reflex save (DC 10+Con mod) for half damage.

Prerequisites: Slime template, Supercooled Liquid, Improved Disarm, Deflect Arrows, Snatch Arrows, Con 21.
Benefit: If you take piercing, slashing, or bludgeoning damage within one round after taking cold damage, you may choose to freeze as a swift action. This subjects all weapons caught in you to the "freezing" effect of chill metal (caster level equal to your Constitution modifier) and allows you to make a disarm attempt (inflicting 1d6 cold damage on unarmed attackers) or a deflect arrows attempt (requiring you to snatch the weapons) against any or all successful mundane attacks made against you that round, even if you would not normally be able to (for instance, if your hands are full or you are flat-footed or even immobilized). You take 1d6 piercing damage and are considered slowed (as the spell) until the end of the next round.

zagan
2010-06-16, 07:30 AM
Fire and cold theme slime ? Why not ?

Both are fine, perhaps adding a special that say you can't take both.

Superfluid [Template]

Yeah, nice idea.

Never much like epic but seem fine.

Benefit: If you take piercing, slashing, or bludgeoning damage within one round after taking fire damage, you may choose to explode as a swift action. This inflicts 1d6 bludgeoning damage on you and 3d6 fire, sonic, and bludgeoning damage on all within 5 feet of you. Those caught in the burst may make a Reflex save (DC 10+Con mod) for half damage.

Very situational very much doubt it's worth a feat, but the idea is nice.

Prerequisites: Slime template, Supercooled Liquid, Improved Disarm, Deflect Arrows, Snatch Arrows, Con 21.
Benefit: If you take piercing, slashing, or bludgeoning damage within one round after taking cold damage, you may choose to freeze as a swift action. This subjects all weapons caught in you to the "freezing" effect of chill metal (caster level equal to your Constitution modifier) and allows you to make a disarm attempt (inflicting 1d6 cold damage on unarmed attackers) or a deflect arrows attempt (requiring you to snatch the weapons) against any or all successful mundane attacks made against you that round, even if you would not normally be able to (for instance, if your hands are full or you are flat-footed or even immobilized). You take 1d6 piercing damage and are considered slowed (as the spell) until the end of the next round.

Not worth it too many prereq and situational. The idea is interesting but i'm don't know what to change to make it viable.

EDIT: I've changed the last two feat only a little in the first case but a lot in the second, tell me what you think.

sidhe3141
2010-06-18, 08:12 PM
Fire and cold theme slime ? Why not ?

*snip*

I've changed the last two feat only a little in the first case but a lot in the second, tell me what you think.

Actually, these are based very loosely on what happens to liquids under specific conditions (like the reason you're supposed to let stuff sit in the microwave before pulling it out: liquids can stay liquid past the boiling and freezing points, but the moment you jostle them...).

Oh, and the changes are fine.