PDA

View Full Version : Creative Spell Usage <any>

WoodenSword
2010-05-14, 01:38 PM
What would you say is the most creative/funny use of a spell/power you've ever done?

Mine would be using Mindrape to turn the BBEG, a Half-White Dragon Balor into a princess (in his mind anyway) [X-Men Reference to all who catch it]

Vashnu (Half-White Dragon Balor)- Foolish mortals! I am unbeatable.
Me (Hellbred [Soul] Draonborn of Io [Heart] Sorcerer)- Really...
Vashnu- I am a god! Bow Before....
I cast mindrape subtly
Vashnu (mind of an 8 year old princess)- I feel pretty...Oh so pretty...

gbprime
2010-05-14, 01:46 PM
How about a total fail?

Party is sneaking through a dungeon corridor. Boom, several glyphs are triggered, which summon several Huge Skeletons. We're all 4th level, this is too big a fight. So the wizard runs backward and digs out a scroll of Rope Trick, intending for the party to hide in it until the summon spell wears off, then see if the glyphs recharge or not.

The melee types form a line to hold the skeletons until the wizard's next action. The cleric casts Hide From Undead on everyone in the front line. Nooooooooooooooooo!

The huge skeletons go. They can no longer see the line PC's, and they're size huge, so they step right over us and squish the wizard and the cleric dead. Only 2 of the combatants took attacks of opportunity, so they're now visible to the skeletons. They died the next round.

My rogue hid. And dragged all the bodies out one by one when the skeletons were gone. We couldn't afford to raise everyone, we were only 4th level. So we skipped the cleric. :smallsigh:

Hide from Undead. Normally a great spell... but NOT RIGHT NOW!

WoodenSword
2010-05-14, 01:50 PM
How about a total fail?

Party is sneaking through a dungeon corridor. Boom, several glyphs are triggered, which summon several Huge Skeletons. We're all 4th level, this is too big a fight. So the wizard runs backward and digs out a scroll of Rope Trick, intending for the party to hide in it until the summon spell wears off, then see if the glyphs recharge or not.

The melee types form a line to hold the skeletons until the wizard's next action. The cleric casts Hide From Undead on everyone in the front line. Nooooooooooooooooo!

The huge skeletons go. They can no longer see the line PC's, and they're size huge, so they step right over us and squish the wizard and the cleric dead. Only 2 of the combatants took attacks of opportunity, so they're now visible to the skeletons. They died the next round.

My rogue hid. And dragged all the bodies out one by one when the skeletons were gone. We couldn't afford to raise everyone, we were only 4th level. So we skipped the cleric. :smallsigh:

That sucked...I killed our Dwarf Bard recently for playing heavy metal music on his Gnomish Lighning Lute (Electric guitar), waking up a 1000 year old lich prince. Luckilly, he never actually left the crypt and a swift fireball collapsed the roof on him. He wasn't dead, just incapacitated, unable to move everything but his mouth, which he used to sling curses and such at us, though he didn't have still spell, so no casting for you!

Milskidasith
2010-05-14, 01:59 PM
How about a total fail?

Here's a question: How the hell is a cleric getting killed in one round by a huge skeleton? Unless you are absurdly low leveled, they shouldn't be one shotting anything, and if your DM is sending huge creatures against you at level 1, rocket tag would be expected no matter what; the only difference between a cleric and a fighter at level 1 in terms of tanking is 2 HP, since clerics can wear full plate anyway.

gbprime
2010-05-14, 02:34 PM
Here's a question: How the hell is a cleric getting killed in one round by a huge skeleton? Unless you are absurdly low leveled, they shouldn't be one shotting anything, and if your DM is sending huge creatures against you at level 1, rocket tag would be expected no matter what; the only difference between a cleric and a fighter at level 1 in terms of tanking is 2 HP, since clerics can wear full plate anyway.

Three huge skeletons. With clubs. And a 4th for the wizard, who critted. And have you looked at the sample stats for a huge skeleton in the monster manual? In order to GET to size huge, you need a lot of hit dice to start with.

The DM was a cruel, cruel man. We were expecting cloud giant skeletons. :smallamused:

Lycanthromancer
2010-05-14, 02:36 PM
I had a blue goblin psion/constructor who used his ability to manifest multiple astral constructs with a single shot to clone himself so a wyrm shadow dragon dracolich (who had been blinded via the party cleric, but was of Epic CR and pit against our ECL 16 party) that was attempting to abduct him would grab the wrong 'him'. All the little goblin clones used Aid Another to help his Huge construct grapple the thing and pin it until the party could dispatch it with more than a few solid hits.

Oh, and he was paralyzed at the time.

I'm just glad the thing couldn't dispel the blindness, or that would've been the end of me.