PDA

View Full Version : Can a half-celestial fall and become evil?

Sarquion
2010-05-14, 03:04 PM
What i was wondering was if a half-celestial was to become non-good would they loose everything inclueding their wings? or just their spell-like abilities? or what?

Ravens_cry
2010-05-14, 03:21 PM
I see nothing that says a half-celestial falls in the first place. Even with 'always', there is exceptions.

JeenLeen
2010-05-14, 03:24 PM
To my understanding, they keep all their powers and even their subtype (if they have a [good] subtype, don't recall.)

Their powers and type are based on their blood, as is any weakness or resistance to evil (DR) that they have. Even if evil, they might still show up as good if their aura of good from their blood is stronger than that generated by their alignment and HD.

A fallen half-celestial should look just like a normal half-celestial.

2010-05-14, 03:29 PM
Nothing wrong with an evil half-celestial. Looking like an angel might keep a person from realising how evil their actions are. Always X races can, on rare occasions, deviate from their alignment. They don't suffer any penalties for doing so unless the rules specifically mention it. Page 305 of the Monster Manual mentions that Always doesn't mean always.

The opposite way round can work too. Here, have some Succubus Paladin.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20050824a

Optimystik
2010-05-14, 03:29 PM
Are Half-Celestials even subtyped? The SRD doesn't mention it.

Irreverent Fool
2010-05-14, 05:14 PM
The sample Half-Celestial Human in the Monster Manual is a (Medium Outsider, Augmented Humanoid, Native), so it doesn't look like they have the [Good] subtype. Even if they did, they wouldn't lose it with an alignment change.

Shouldn't a Half-Celestial Human still have the (human) subtype?

obnoxious
sig

Sarquion
2010-05-15, 07:32 AM
Ok thanks guys for yours posts!

hamishspence
2010-05-16, 03:59 PM
Given that celestials can fall and retain their Good subtype (the book Elder Evils has a CE planetar with the Good subtype)- it seems likely that the same would apply to half-celestials.

That said, they don't even have a Good subtype to retain while still being Evil.