PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Wayne V. Peter Parker

CelestialStick
2006-06-15, 07:30 PM
I personlly think this is a tough one. Combat-wise, Bruce is stronger than a no-power Peter, and in recent decades has developed impressive marital arts skills. (The old Batman didn't have any such thing.) They are both brilliant, but Bruce has vast resources with which to make practical applications of his brilliance (like Bat-thermal-underwear :D). Peter is unlucky, but frankly seems much better adjusted, despite being indirectly responsible for the death that turned him into a vigilante, than Bruce Wayne. As I understand it too, Peter is married to Mary Jane finally, whereas Bruce doesn't seem able to maintain any sort of relationship.

So, I guess I'd give the combat edge to Bruce, but the personal edge to Peter.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-06-15, 07:33 PM
In a fight? Bruce wins this one.

If we're talking about happiness and mental stability, Peter wins.

If we're talking about monetary success, Bruce wins hands-down no-contest.

Caillach
2006-06-15, 08:08 PM
totally Bruce.

HabbakukUnknown
2006-06-15, 09:22 PM
dunno, Peter Parker still has powers which Bruce Wayne doesn't

sun_tzu
2006-06-16, 02:48 AM
Bruce kicks Peter's sorry behind into the next ice age...but still manages to be less well-adjusted. Which is just sad when your opponent is Peter Parker.

Lord Herman
2006-06-16, 03:17 AM
Bruce Wayne is a ninja. Ergo, Bruce Wayne wins.

edit: now, if Peter Parker was a pirate, that would change things...

CelestialStick
2006-06-16, 03:59 AM
Bruce kicks Peter's sorry behind into the next ice age...but still manages to be less well-adjusted. Which is just sad when your opponent is Peter Parker.

Ah, the sadness of the Batman.

You know, back in my day, Batman wasn't so dark and twisted. In those days it was Petter Parker who was the saddest sack, at least among the most popular superheroes.

Bruce Wayne is a ninja. Ergo, Bruce Wayne wins.

edit: now, if Peter Parker was a pirate, that would change things...
Argh, matey!--Pirate Peter Parker?! :D

Now back in my day there were pirates, but no ninjas. Nobody had heard of ninjas back then. Then the ninjas discovered they could earn a higher rate of return by licensing their secret name than by actually doing assassinations, and the whole ninja insanity began. ;)

Edit: Actually the ninja insanity is just a subset of the whole marital-arts insanity that started with Bruce Lee movies and the tv show that they spun of off his movies in the US while totally cutting Bruce Lee out of it--Kung Fu.