PDA

View Full Version : need a spell

Thefurmonger
2010-05-14, 09:21 PM
Hey all,

I'm currently running a LvL 1 Cleric in the Arena and have had some good luck with him thus far.

However I have found a major weakness of the build and that is when facing anyone that can hide and snipe.

They can wait out my buffs and when they get around a 35 hide check I cant find them.

it's worth noting that they use Camo netting so they dont actually need cover.

And yes I know that when sniping they get a -20 to hide, however as we all know hide is fairly easy to pump up.

Anywho, I need a 1st or 0 lvl spell, or a CHEEP item that might help me take care of this problem.

Thank you.

Oh, and if you are intrested you can see the character Here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=184783)

Boci
2010-05-14, 09:31 PM
If they've got magical gear, detect magic should help narrow down their general location.

OldTrees
2010-05-14, 09:35 PM
create water and look for puddles?
+2 favorable (looking for something specific)
+2(or more) favorable (it is harder to hide an effect[the puddle] than a person)

you would still have a 50% miss chance though.

Yorrin
2010-05-14, 09:40 PM
1. Cast Create Water over the floor of the area
2. Add oil- which quickly spread over the surface of the water due to the two not mixing terribly well.
3. Light and drop a match
4. Laugh manically as the cammo netting burns.
5. ???
6. Profit

Darrin
2010-05-14, 10:23 PM
Anywho, I need a 1st or 0 lvl spell, or a CHEEP item that might help me take care of this problem.

First, try using listen checks instead of spot. I think it's only a DC 20 to locate an invisible creature via hearing... maybe the same for a very-well-hidden creature?

Hmm...spellwise, you may be out of luck. The best I can come up with is Sanctuary + Detect Magic, but that would take 3 rounds to pinpoint a square, assuming the target isn't moving and is using a magic item/effect.

Cheap items though, you may be in luck. Torch Bug Paste, Complete Scoundrel p. 120, 25 GP. Throw as a splash weapon, anyone adjacent to the target square is coated with a non-magical faerie fire effect for one hour, which negates pretty much all forms of concealment. It can be washed off as a full-round action, but only if the target has at least 1 gallon of water (standard waterskin is only 1/2 gallon). It doesn't explicitly prevent hiding, but ask the DM if he'll allow faerie fire to have a similar effect as glitterdust, such as a -40 penalty to hide checks, or something similar... -20 penalty might be more reasonable for a 1st level spell.

Ormagoden
2010-05-14, 10:26 PM
If they've got magical gear, detect magic should help narrow down their general location.

+ This, ALOT