PDA

View Full Version : Urgent King Of Smack Build For Tomorrow

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-14, 10:10 PM
I am going to play on a ECL 13 arena game tomorrow; and that will probably be my only oportunity to play a king of smack build but the thing is that I will only have access to the SRD bookwise for the build. And some of the feats needed for the build are not in the SRD. Does someone have good substitution for those feats

Psywar+IS build (quickest to improved rapidstrike)

1 Psw1 Track, Overchannel
2 Psw2 Talented
3 Psw3 Combat Expertise
4 Psw4
5 Psw5 Dodge
6 Psw6 Improved Natural Attack (claw)
7 Psw7
8 Psw8 Metamorphic Transfer
9 IS1* Karmic Strike
10 IS2
11 IS3
12 IS4 Rapidstrike (claw)
13 IS5
<snip>

Thinking on probably Combat Reflexes and maybe an expanded knowledge (most probable Astral Construct or If I can schism; I haven't crunched the numbers to see if that is possible at ML 12)

Notable Building rules
32 point buy
SRD only
1 trait
1 flaw

Thanks in advance also

The Glyphstone
2010-05-14, 10:11 PM
Uh, did you mean not in the SRD? Psionics aren't core either.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-14, 10:13 PM
Uh, did you mean not in the SRD? Psionics aren't core either.

Yeah I mean only in the SRD.... dunno why I put core in there, need to edit.

Ormagoden
2010-05-14, 10:13 PM
*Cough*
Google (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19866038/The_king_of_smack)
*Cough*

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-14, 10:14 PM
*Cough*
Goggle (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19866038/The_king_of_smack)
*Cough*

I have that thread opened in another tab, what I need is a feat found in the SRD to substitute Karmic Strike and Improeved rapidstrike on the build

Ormagoden
2010-05-14, 10:17 PM
I have that thread opened in another tab, what I need is a feat found in the SRD to substitute Karmic Strike and Improeved rapidstrike on the build

Ignore me! I should READ THINGS!

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-14, 10:18 PM
Ignore me! I should READ THINGS!

You can atone with a suggestion:smalltongue:

Ormagoden
2010-05-14, 10:24 PM
Are you simply looking for suggestions to fill those slots? That's all?

Power attack + improved sunder if you want to end any melee's favorite weapon.

Mobility + spring attack (since you already have dodge)

Improved initiative (because it's better if you go first)

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-14, 10:28 PM
Are you simply looking for suggestions to fill those slots? That's all?

Power attack + improved sunder if you want to end any melee's favorite weapon.

Mobility + spring attack (since you already have dodge)

Improved initiative (because it's better if you go first)

Yes, the thing is that I am low on time to get a proper build and since I probably won't have another time to try a king of smack.

Back to your suggesstions:

I swear I saw power attack on the build.... anyway think I'll get Power Attack and improved initiative.

Also Is dodge a pre-requ for karmic strike? if yes then I guess I have another feat free.

Lycanthromancer
2010-05-14, 11:00 PM
Well, there's always metamorphosis/hydra hijinks for your psicrystal (yay psychoactive skin), Mounted Combat, Spirited Charge and Ride-by Attack, and an animated lance or two.

Damage multipliers are teh <3.

Pluto
2010-05-14, 11:38 PM
Psywar+IS build (quickest to improved rapidstrike)
???

More Psychic Warrior means more PP, more Expanded Knowledge and higher ML.
I'm not sure why you're racing to Rapidstrike.

Schism, Metamorphosis, Quicken Power, Extend Power, Psicrystal Affinity, Psicrystal Containment and Psionic Meditation are all worthwhile.

Combat Expertise and Dodge aren't worth the feats (and probably not the Int, either)

Eldariel
2010-05-15, 04:28 AM
Combat Expertise and Dodge aren't worth the feats (and probably not the Int, either)

They're there for Karmic Strike. But yeah, with that gone, get rid of 'em.

But I'll mostly echo Pluto here: EK: Metamorphosis/Schism is pretty darn good. Though I'm not sure how you could fit it in there as you need 5th level powers for that, and a feat which you don't get on level 13. I'd definitely go straight Psy War on this level since that means you get a 5th level power.

Psicrystal Affinity and Containment are easy additions, as said. Even just simple Vigor/Share Pain is going to increase your durability immensely, and an extra Psionic Focus doesn't hurt either. And without Linked Power, you'll want some other metapsionics.

It's core so Combat Expertise -> Improved Trip isn't horrible, especially with Power Attack. You could also get INA: Bite a bit earlier.