PDA

View Full Version : Batman Versus Elan

Tokeloshe
2006-06-07, 07:20 AM
Discuss.

Altair_the_Vexed
2006-06-07, 08:00 AM
Batman and Elan have no need to fight each other.

KayJay
2006-06-07, 08:06 AM
Discuss.
... you first? There really needs to be a minimum of effort needed in these vs threads :/

Tokeloshe
2006-06-07, 08:07 AM
Altair

That's easy enough to explain:

Upon noting his lack of funds, Nale decides to rob Gotham City's largest bank, and with the aid of his magic manages to get away just before Elan arrives with his share of the treasure he has just recently gained from completing the campaign detailed in OotS.

Batman, due to his lack of a sense of humour, has not read OotS, and therefore views Elan's juggling bags of gold as more or less being clear evidence of Elan being the bank robber. The fact that a puppet with a banjo was left at the crime scene is entirely incidental.

Tokeloshe
2006-06-07, 08:25 AM
Okay, here it goes, using the scenario I provided:

Batman finds Elan busy partying on the wrong side of town and having a great time. Due to the powers exibhited by Elan's brother, Batman decides to take the stealthy approach and try to knock Elan out before he can cast any spells, but Elan's luck is such that Batman misses.

Elan then starts singing the original Batman theme from the 60's. Batman's secret weakness is exposed, as he just can't seem to stop... dancing really terribly.

Faced with this dire predicament, Batman manages to throw a batarang that knocks Elan's instrument out of his hands. Elan, scolds batman for being a very bad man and starts playing the Batman theme on his kazoo. Batman's head explodes.

Winner: Elan.

Dark_Stalion
2006-06-07, 09:08 AM
The bard is mightier than the bat.

Alfryd
2006-06-07, 09:28 AM
Elan would whoop his ass, as any event sufficiently bizarre to entail their encounter would also dictate Elan's victory through sheer unlikelihood.

KayJay
2006-06-07, 09:36 AM
Batman moves first and attacks, rolls a critical 1 and fumbles. The batarang explodes in his hand and elan wins through flukey D&D house rules.

Holy_Knight
2006-06-07, 02:23 PM
Everyone knows this would result in a team up.

Elan: "Hey, it's perfect! I have lots of experience as a herald to a Knight!"

-later-

"Detet, detect, detect, detect the perpetrator of the crime!"

"Scare, scare, scare, scare, the petty criminal!"

"Devise, devise, devise, devise, a cunning plan!"

"Defeat, defeat, defeat, defeat, the being who's ridiculously more powerful than you are!"

etc. etc.

McHarty
2006-06-07, 03:47 PM
Batman looses...

It's simple, Batman tries to outwit the vilains plus he uses force and agility to beat them up, once he figured their plans.

But he never faced such a foe as Elan. His mind seems so blank that he must be hinding an intelligence score greater that whatever he knows. And if he(Elan) always answer so directly to any question he's(Elan) been asked, this surely means that he(Elan) knows what Batman knows and he(Elan) is countering his(Batman's) plans...

So Batman ends up in a loop of thinking and dies of a sever meningitis or some neural damage...

Elan is just not aware of anything...
The innocent is blessed.

TreesOfDeath
2006-06-07, 04:35 PM
Elan uses his bardiac music to parazlyze Batman and make him do those dances from the 60's verison cause the music is that dam catchy. Winner: Elan

Gnorosch
2006-06-07, 04:45 PM
By trying to outwit Elan, Batman loses all his sanity points and end up as a gibbering madman in Gotham Asylum. Some reader will afterwards point out that D&D actually do not use sanity points, which will then be solved by using madness checks from Ravenloft.

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-06-07, 04:47 PM
You forget: Batman has handled puppets before-- Arnold Wesker, aka the Ventriloquist, and Scarface. All he'd have to do is destroy Banjo in some dramatic, violent manner, and shatter Elan's already questionable mind.

Or maybe he'd diagnose Elan's condition and mix together a cocktail of ritalin and lithium, in a handy patch to wear on the back of his neck (like he did for The Creeper).

Dawnstrider_Moogle
2006-06-07, 05:29 PM
It occurs to me that Batman vs. Elan is like Batman vs. Joker - Joker's thinking process is just so bizarrely different than anyone else's that figuring out his next move is almost beyond Batman's rational processes. So would it be with Elan.

CelestialStick
2006-06-09, 04:58 PM
Okay, here it goes, using the scenario I provided:

Batman finds Elan busy partying on the wrong side of town and having a great time. Due to the powers exibhited by Elan's brother, Batman decides to take the stealthy approach and try to knock Elan out before he can cast any spells, but Elan's luck is such that Batman misses.

Elan then starts singing the original Batman theme from the 60's. Batman's secret weakness is exposed, as he just can't seem to stop... dancing really terribly.

Faced with this dire predicament, Batman manages to throw a batarang that knocks Elan's instrument out of his hands. Elan, scolds batman for being a very bad man and starts playing the Batman theme on his kazoo. Batman's head explodes.

Winner: Elan.
ROFL!

Everyone knows this would result in a team up.

Elan: "Hey, it's perfect! I have lots of experience as a herald to a Knight!"

-later-

"Detet, detect, detect, detect the perpetrator of the crime!"

"Scare, scare, scare, scare, the petty criminal!"

"Devise, devise, devise, devise, a cunning plan!"

"Defeat, defeat, defeat, defeat, the being who's ridiculously more powerful than you are!"

etc. etc.

ROFLMAO! I especially liked the final one.

Don't forget also

Hide, hide, hide the obvious secret identity as Bruce Wayne!

DOOM2099
2006-06-09, 05:36 PM
Prep, prep, prep, prep for battle against your enemies

Hype, hype,hype, hype the character beyond all belief

CelestialStick
2006-06-09, 06:04 PM
Prep, prep, prep, prep for battle against your enemies

Hype, hype,hype, hype the character beyond all belief
LOL. Now who would do that with Batman? :D

Corolinth
2006-06-09, 06:37 PM
Supreme intelligence and ingenuity matched up against an intelligence so dim-witted it warps the cosmos.

Krytha
2006-06-09, 08:40 PM
Elan wins. Just by talking, he is capable of warping batman's brain.

Ulicus
2006-06-09, 09:57 PM
Batman vs Elan

Result:

With preparation time, Batman just confuses himself. Elan wins.

Mainly because he asks the DM what Batman is doing in OotS:

"Shouldn't Batman be in our Superhero rpg?"

"poof!"

No more Batman.

ElfLad
2006-06-09, 11:07 PM
Elan, as a bard, does the impossible. He seduces the new lesbian Batwoman. and Catwoman. and Poison Ivy.

Batman is obviously no match for him.

Gamefreakguy
2006-06-09, 11:33 PM
"Dodge dodge dodge, dodge the fast-flying baterang-" *slice*

Lol, jk. I agree, as said before, Batman is supremely outwitted. Or so under-witted in intelligence scores that it goes through negative up to infinity.

CelestialStick
2006-06-10, 01:22 AM
Elan, as a bard, does the impossible. He seduces the new lesbian Batwoman. and Catwoman. and Poison Ivy.

Batman is obviously no match for him.
LOL. And Batgirls I and II. :D

rothion
2006-06-10, 04:03 PM
elan would totally win because shes so much better.

bluish_wolf
2006-06-10, 07:41 PM
elan would totally win because shes so much better.

Since when was Elan's gender in question?

fwiffo
2006-06-10, 09:17 PM
Since when was Elan's gender in question?

Since #9 (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=9).:)

TorJin
2006-06-10, 10:51 PM
I think the conflict would result in the entrance of a second boy wonder:

Enter Chickadee, also known as the mild-mannered and dim-witted Elan.

HabbakukUnknown
2006-06-11, 05:54 PM
Since #9 (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=9).:)

that made me chuckle, so it did. as did

The bard is mightier than the bat.

TurboNewb
2006-06-13, 05:12 AM
But Batman would recognize that Elan is really dumb, and would come up with the plan to just kick his ass with no preparation time. "Elan is so dumb he wins" is NOT a valid argument people. Morons.

Zzarchov
2006-06-13, 05:40 AM
WHICH batman?

If its Adam West then I'd say..maybe.. But George Clooney admits he played batman as a gay superhero..and Elan is very attractive apparently, but since he's not stealing adam wests water, he would be safe, while clooney batman would fall prey.

CelestialStick
2006-06-17, 11:42 PM
WHICH batman?

If its Adam West then I'd say..maybe.. But George Clooney admits he played batman as a gay superhero..and Elan is very attractive apparently, but since he's not stealing adam wests water, he would be safe, while clooney batman would fall prey.
Actually, Adam West's Batman was pretty gay too, back before that was acceptable on tv. So now adays that Batman too would probably succumb to Elan's charms. ;D