PDA

View Full Version : Mystic Theurge(3.5)

Baltor
2010-05-14, 11:54 PM
I am in the process of making my first mystic theurge. I am already aware of the <s>cheese</s> build that allows a cleric 3/wizard 1 into the class. What I am interested in is either a way to allow Wizard 3/ cleric 1 in (preferred) or give me full spell progression with cleric. If you can think of a way to get full spell progression with the wizard and only partial with the cleric that would be the best I could possibly hope for. I know this is cheese, but I get a feeling a Gouda storm is heading my way. I just want to be prepared.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-14, 11:58 PM
Wizard 2 / Cleric 1

Earth Spell feat, or Sanctum spell gets both classes to level 2 spellcasting.

Baltor
2010-05-15, 12:06 AM
Thanks, that was fast. What is the source for those two? Are they feats? Is there a way to get the wizard back to full sp.

Assassin89
2010-05-15, 12:17 AM
Sanctum spell is a metamagic feat in Complete Arcane.
Earth Spell is a general feat in Races of Stone.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-15, 12:18 AM
Earth Spell: Races of Stone

sanctum spell: Complete divine, I think.

Don't know of any way to get wizard back up to full.

Alternately, you could go:

Savage Bard (UA) 1 / Wizard 4 / Ur Priest 1 / Mystic Theurge 9 / Wizard +5

Kosjsjach
2010-05-15, 12:28 AM
My preferred method is with an Illumian with the "Improved Sigil (Krau)" feat. The feat lets you select two spells (in this case, one from each list), which are thereafter cast as one level higher (as the Heighten Spell feat). This, in effect, gives you 2nd-level spells from both Wizard and Cleric.

The basic build would look like Clr2/Wiz1/MT# (with the first 3 levels shuffled however you desire: Clr1/Wiz2, etc.).

As an added bonus, the Krau sigil gives you +2 to your Caster Level (no higher than your HD), so your CL is always topped off.

It locks you into a specific race, but IMO it's the most elegant way to gain early entry to Mystic Theurge.

EDIT: The race and feat are both found in the Races of Destiny book.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-15, 12:51 AM
there are ways to get back the caster levels with kobold and sorceror, as well. And practiced spellcaster can get them back, although you won't have the spells of a wizard at the highest level, just a caster level.