View Full Version : [3.5] Template project: Bizarre template [Peach]

zagan
2010-05-15, 10:46 AM
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/1904/bizarrewolf.jpg
A Bizarre Dire Wolf Mount

Bizarre Template:
The Bizarre Template: can be add to any non-Aberration:
Size and type: Size remain unchanged, type change to Aberration

Hit Dice: All racial Hit dice (including those gain after the application of this template) become d8

Speed: See trait.

Armor class: See trait.

Base Attack Bonus: Bab change to 3/4 racial Hit dice

Attack: See trait.

Full attack: See trait.

Damage: See trait.

Special abilities: A Bizarre retains all the base creature special abilities, See trait.

Special qualities: A Bizarre lose all the trait from it’s previous type but otherwise retains all the base creature special qualities and gain Darkvision 60ft, Fast healing 1 and Alien mind, See trait

Base save Bonus: A Bizarre gain a good Will save, the other become poor

Skills: 2+Int per hit dice (x4 for the first)

Challenge Rating: +1

Level adjustement: +1

Alien Mind(Ex): A Bizarre mind work in very strange way, this provide some benefit, she gain + 4 racial bonus on Will save against mind-affecting effect, she also gain + 4 racial bonus on Bluff check, finally anyone attempting to read her though in any way must make a Will save (DC equal to 10 + half Bizarre creature hit dice + Wisdom modifier) or become confused for 1d4 round.

Trait(Ex, Sp, Ps or Su): A Bizarre gain two of the following trait chosen at the time this template is gained (unless otherwise note a Bizarre creature can’t have the same trait more than once):

Copy(Sp): A Bizarre can develop a weird magical reaction in it’s brain. She can use Silent image as the spell at will but only to create copy of himself and the image last for 1 minute without the need for the Bizarre to concentrate on it. The DC to resist the effect is equal to 10 + ½ Hit dice + Charisma modifier and as a caster level equal to the creature Hit dice

Energy Ray(Ps): A Bizarre mind can changed. Three time per day she can use Energy ray as the power but it’s always the same type of damage chosen when this trait is gained. The Manifester level is equal to the creature Hit dice. Special: This trait can be taken more than once allowing a Bizarre to use another type of damage but she is still limit to three use per day

Legs(Ex): A Bizarre can grows a pair legs in addition to any other limbs he may have. This augment his land speed by 10ft, and also give him +4 bonus to resist being Bull-rushed or Trip.

Magic sensor(Su): A Bizarre eyes (or if without eyes a portion of their skin on their face) can change color to a deep purple. This Bizarre creature is considered to always be using Detect magic as if he had concentrate for 3 round.

Minion(Sp): A Bizarre can create a link to the far realm and can use it to bring creature to his help. Three time per day she can use Summon monster I but you only need a standard action to use it and the summon creature is pseudonatural instead of Celestial or Fiendish. A Bizarre Caster level is equal to her hit dice for this purpose.

Organ(Ex): A Bizarre organ can be arrange differently than other creature of it’s kind, he gain Light fortification. (Crtical hit, sneak attack and similar ability have 25% chance of being negate)
Special: This trait can be taken more than once, each time raising the chance to negate a critical hit by 25% to a maximum of four time for 100%

Resilient(Ex): A Bizarre can seem to be really solid, he gain +2 hit point per hit dice.

Scent(Ex): A Bizarre can grows a nose (in addition to any one he may already have), he gain the Scent special quality.

Skin(Ex): A Bizarre can grow scale, fur, feather or simply harden patch of skin. It’s natural armor bonus improve by +2

Tentacles(Ex): A Bizarre can grow a tentacle that can be use a primary or secondary natural attack. Dealing 1d4 damage if medium, 1d3 if Small, 1d6 if large. Special: This trait can be taken twice.

*Note on cosmetic change: A Bizarre appareance wary widly depending on it's trait A bizarre with the copy and minion trait look almost perfectly normal.
Still their always something weird or out of place on them it can be anything from strange hair color to scales on their face.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Template Project (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8492255#post8492255)

Designer note:
This template is one of my favorite and i'm really happy with it.
It's also the one with the most feat.

Extra Bizarre trait [Template]
You are more bizarre than most other bizarre creature
Prerequisite
Bizarre template
Benefit
You can select on additional trait offered by your Bizarre template
Special
You can take this feat up to twice

Truly Alien Mind [Template]
Your mind work in a way even you have trouble understanding
Prerequisite
Bizarre template
Benefit
Your bonus on Will save against mind-affecting effect and on Bluff check become +8 instead of +4.
In addition any creature that failled the will save when attempting to read your mind take 1d4 point of wisdom damage and even if the save is succesful she take 1 point of wisdom damage

Solid Copy [Template]
Sometimes you can manage to create a solid copy of yourself
Prerequisite
Bizarre template, Copy trait, Int 15
Benefit
Once per day when using your Copy ability you can instead create a real copy of yourself. This copy has half your hit point and can’t use any of your Spell, Power, Spell-like, Psi-like or Supernatural ability, she has the same gear as you but can’t use any item with limit use per day or with limit number of charge (including scroll) and her item dissipate immediately if it’s no longer in contact with her body, she can’t spend or gain any xp. She is entirely under your control and act with the same initiative as you, like a normal copy she only last 1 minute.

Extra energy ray [Template]
You can use your ray more often than most
Prerequisite
Bizarre template, Energy ray trait
Benefit
You can use your energy ray ability three more time per day

Thick leg [Template]
Your leg surnumeraire allow you to move more swiftly
Prerequisite
Bizarre template, Leg trait
Benefit
You can ignore the penality to move speed for moving into difficult terrain and you can even make five-foot step normally

Sharp eyes [Template]
Your eyes can see thing that other can’t even perceive
Prerequisite
Bizarre template, Magic sensor trait
Benefit
Once per day as a swift action you can lose the benefit of your magic sensor ability to gain the benefit of See invisibility for one minute.

Strong Minion [Template]
The creature you can call to your aid are stronger than most
Prerequisite
Bizarre template, Minion trait
Benefit
The creature you summoned with your Minion ability gain a +4 circumstances bonus to Strength, Dexterity and Constitution.

Healing Organ [Template]
Sometimes when you body defend itself he also use the energy from the attack to heal you
Prerequisite
Bizarre template, Organ trait
Benefit
When a creature critical hit or sneak attack failled because of the fortification provide by your Organ ability you heal an amount of damage equal to the damage you would have taken.

Manifest resilience [Template]
Your body is even stronger than most
Prerequisite
Bizarre template, Resilient trait
Benefit
For all purpose treat your constitution score as if he was 2 point higher, this give you one more hit point per hit dice, a +1 bonus on all consitution skill check and ability check, a +1 bonus on fortitude save and a +1 bonus on any constitution based save DC

Enhance Scent [Template]
Your sense of smell is so accute that you always know when someone is near you
Prerequisite
Bizarre template, Scent trait
Benefit
You gain Blindsense with a range of 10ft

Strong Skin [Template]
Your skin is so resistant that you can ignore the more minor wound
Prerequisite
Bizarre template, Skin trait
Benefit
You gain damage reduction 2 agaist Bludgeoning, piercing or slashing damage chosen when you first gained this feat

Extend Tentacle [Template]
Your tentacle are longer than most other
Prerequisite
Bizarre template, Tentacle trait
Benefit
Add 5 feet to your natural reach when your use the tentacle you gain from the Bizarre template
Special
If you have the Tentacle trait twice both tentacle benefit from this feat

One more feat by sidhe3141

Improved Copy [Template]
Your copy ability is more useful than normal.
Prerequisites: Bizarre template, copy ability.
Benefit: Your copy ability is based on mirror image instead of silent image.

sidhe3141
2010-06-15, 10:13 PM
Enhance Energy Ray [Template]
You may make your energy ray attack more powerful than normal.
Prerequisites: Bizarre template, energy ray ability, power point reserve of at least 1.
Benefit: You may augment your energy ray ability.

Improved Copy [Template]

Four-Point Balance Style [Template] [Tactical]
You have trained in martial arts focused on using your extra legs.
Prerequisites: Bizarre template, legs ability, Improved Unarmed Strike.
Benefit: You gain access to the following tactical maneuvers:
Mirror-Strike Stance: When flanked, if you have not moved for at least two rounds after becoming flanked, you may make unarmed attacks against both of your flankers as though you were making one attack. You must designate one flanker who is treated as though subject to an off-hand attack.
Spinning Top Method: If you have remained in your target's threatened area for at least the last two rounds, you may make a full attack consisting of four unarmed strikes at no penalty. If all four attacks hit, you may push your target back 5 feet and take a 5-foot step.
Blade-Juggling Technique: If you cannot move due to being surrounded by foes, you may perform a full attack that provokes attacks of opportunity consisting of six attacks with either any one-handed manufactured weapon you are wielding or basic unarmed strikes. If you have been surrounded for the last two rounds, you may combine this with Mirror-Strike Stance to make such a full attack against each foe within your reach, but afterward will be exhausted and slowed (as the spell) until you rest.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-06-16, 06:48 AM
...Zagan, could you possibly mind combining all of these into a single thread? You've pushed many threads back quite a bit by making an individual thread for each and every template, which is sort of unfair to others also seeking criticism. It also actually makes it HARDER for me to critique them all, as I'm unlikely to hunt down every thread...

zagan
2010-06-16, 08:39 AM
Enhance Energy Ray [Template]
You may make your energy ray attack more powerful than normal.
Prerequisites: Bizarre template, energy ray ability, power point reserve of at least 1.
Benefit: You may augment your energy ray ability.

This one is not need Psi-like ability are automaticaly augmented.

Improved Copy [Template]

Simple but usefull.

Four-Point Balance Style [Template] [Tactical]
You have trained in martial arts focused on using your extra legs.
Prerequisites: Bizarre template, legs ability, Improved Unarmed Strike.
Benefit: You gain access to the following tactical maneuvers:
Mirror-Strike Stance: When flanked, if you have not moved for at least two rounds after becoming flanked, you may make unarmed attacks against both of your flankers as though you were making one attack. You must designate one flanker who is treated as though subject to an off-hand attack.

I don't understand what you mean here.

Spinning Top Method: If you have remained in your target's threatened area for at least the last two rounds, you may make a full attack consisting of four unarmed strikes at no penalty. If all four attacks hit, you may push your target back 5 feet and take a 5-foot step.

Nice.

Blade-Juggling Technique: If you cannot move due to being surrounded by foes, you may perform a full attack that provokes attacks of opportunity consisting of six attacks with either any one-handed manufactured weapon you are wielding or basic unarmed strikes. If you have been surrounded for the last two rounds, you may combine this with Mirror-Strike Stance to make such a full attack against each foe within your reach, but afterward will be exhausted and slowed (as the spell) until you rest.

Very nice this one.

...Zagan, could you possibly mind combining all of these into a single thread? You've pushed many threads back quite a bit by making an individual thread for each and every template, which is sort of unfair to others also seeking criticism. It also actually makes it HARDER for me to critique them all, as I'm unlikely to hunt down every thread...

Yeah well I don't know what to say about that, I've post a thread in this very forum asking on how to present my project and it was suggested to made a thread for each one. That way people can comment only the one that interest them. When first posting (a month ago) I've staggered the posting of the thread over nearly a week as to not have all the thread at the same time in the forum.
But sidhe3141 chose to comment on all of them simmultaneously so yeah it take lot of place.
I appologized for that.
While I would love to hear your comment, the template are currently seeing play so I'm unlikely to change them unless I've discovered (or someone point out) a broken combo with it.
Still thanks for your interest.

sidhe3141
2010-06-18, 08:23 PM
This one is not need Psi-like ability are automaticaly augmented.

Oh, yeah. *forehead slap*

Simple but usefull.

I don't understand what you mean here.

Basically, if you stand still long enough while flanked, you punch one of them while kicking the one behind you.

Nice.

Very nice this one.

Yeah well I don't know what to say about that, I've post a thread in this very forum asking on how to present my project and it was suggested to made a thread for each one. That way people can comment only the one that interest them. When first posting (a month ago) I've staggered the posting of the thread over nearly a week as to not have all the thread at the same time in the forum.
But sidhe3141 chose to comment on all of them simmultaneously so yeah it take lot of place.
I appologized for that.
While I would love to hear your comment, the template are currently seeing play so I'm unlikely to change them unless I've discovered (or someone point out) a broken combo with it.
Still thanks for your interest.

Heh, my bad. I thought they could use bumps (looking close to the one-month mark), and the idea bug just bit...

zagan
2010-06-19, 06:22 AM
Basically, if you stand still long enough while flanked, you punch one of them while kicking the one behind you.

No I understand that but I'm confused with the off hand part.

Heh, my bad. I thought they could use bumps (looking close to the one-month mark), and the idea bug just bit...

I'm gratfull for the help.

sidhe3141
2010-06-22, 07:26 PM
No I understand that but I'm confused with the off hand part.

I'm gratfull for the help.

The one behind you is treated as though you were making an off-hand attack against it.