PDA

View Full Version : Forms that synergise with Enhance Wildshape

Tinydwarfman
2010-05-15, 11:23 AM
So I happened upon this delightful spell in SpC today, Enhance Wildshape.
Here is the full text for it:
ENHANCE WILD SHAPE
Transmutation
Level: Druid 4
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 hour/level
You call upon the primordial energies of
nature to fi ll you with the raw power of
nature. A feral feeling grows within you,
seeking release.
This spell infuses your wild shape ability
with magical energy, magnifying
and enhancing its power. The type
of enhancement must be chosen at
the time the spell is cast and cannot
be changed once the spell is in effect.
The next time you activate your wild
shape ability (during the duration of
enhance wild shape), this spell enhances
your new form in the way you selected.
The enhancement to your wild shape
remains as long as you stay in that form
(or until the spell’s duration expires)
but does not apply to your next wild
shape form. If you do not activate your
wild shape ability during the duration
of enhance wild shape, the spell has no
effect.
You select one of the following
enhancements when you cast this
spell.
• Assume the form of a plant with your
next wild shape.
• Gain the extraordinary abilities of
the new form.
• The new form assumed is stronger
than normal and gains a +2 bonus
to Strength.
• The new form assumed is more agile
than normal and gains a +2 bonus to
Dexterity.
• The new form assumed is healthier
than normal and gains a +2 bonus to
Constitution.
A druid can be affected by more than
one enhance wild shape spell at a time,
but a different wild shape enhancement
must be chosen each time.

The really important part however, is this:
• Gain the extraordinary abilities of
the new form.

This sounds like it has the potential to be ridiculously broken with the right forms. Things like blindsight, tremorsense, scent, and etc. are all well and good, but are there must be some animal or plant forms that grant regeneration or some equally broken ability.

So, does anyone know of any animal or plants with some really good (Ex) abilities?

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-05-15, 12:36 PM
Its well known. I like it.

Not truly borked, but still quiet powerful on its own. Combine with Assume Supernatural Ability for true shenanigans. :smallwink:

Tinydwarfman
2010-05-15, 12:40 PM
Its well known. I like it.

Not truly borked, but still quiet powerful on its own. Combine with Assume Supernatural Ability for true shenanigans. :smallwink:

Indeed, after looking through the druid handbook again I saw it was highlighted on the list of spells. And I thought I was the first...

Still would appreciate any contributions though.

Eldariel
2010-05-15, 02:27 PM
Ironmaw [Fiend Folio] has real nasty Tendrils as an Ex (60' reach and all). Battlebriar Warbound Impaler [MM3] has a bunch of nice abilities including a Thicket of Blades-wannabe. Obviously various Regenerators and Fast Healers are fine (Tendriculous as the easiest off the top of my head for Regeneration), and Yellow Musk Creeper [Fiend Folio] has some really nasty abilities like consuming intelligence. Elder Viper Tree [Expedition to Demonweb Pits] has interesting abilities in Broken Branch and Viper Hiss, but it's a bit unclear if they're Special Attacks or something else since it lacks a listing of Special Attacks.

This is just from perusing my arena character's form list. I'm sure there are others. Master of Many Forms Bible (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=639448) should be convenient given it lists SQs for all the forms so just pick animals and plants there.

Dr Bwaa
2010-05-15, 07:06 PM
This is one of the key features of the Master of Many Forms, so the Bible (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19528526/updated_Master_of_Many_Forms_Bible__official_wild_ shape_rules) is the place to look. There are a huge number of great forms collected there. MMF also gets non-animal forms, so you'll have to disregard those, but there are some great ideas in there (scroll down past the MMF-specific stuff to the list of forms).

EDIT: Ninja'd by five hours. Serves me right for not refreshing the thing :smalltongue:

Gnaeus
2010-05-15, 07:15 PM
My personal favorite are the Desmodu bats. 120 foot blindSIGHT all day negates so many traps and ambushes it is unreal.

Akal Saris
2010-05-15, 11:43 PM
I mostly like it for getting early access to plant forms, and then combining that with the DR or regen that plants get.