PDA

View Full Version : Rogue of Vecna help

jguy
2010-05-15, 06:09 PM
I am making a Cleric of Vecna based on divination and gathering information on player's and powerful NPC's (like royalty) to blackmail and gain influence over. He is taking the leadership feat at 6th level and I plan on giving him a rogue that is based around infiltration and more one-on-one info gathering while still being decent in combat.

I plan on making his race a Changeling and having 3 or so levels of rogue but that is about it. Are there any prestige classes for rogues that would be good for him? Or any Rogue/Cleric theurge classes that he could takes to give him some casting backup?

Eldariel
2010-05-15, 06:19 PM
I plan on making his race a Changeling and having 3 or so levels of rogue but that is about it. Are there any prestige classes for rogues that would be good for him? Or any Rogue/Cleric theurge classes that he could takes to give him some casting backup?

It's Vecna. Have you considered Rogue/Wizard? 'cause Rogue 1/Wizard 4/Unseen Seer 10 is an incredible Rogue, a fine Wizard and a great hand-to-hand "talker".

Though, Rogue 1/Cloistered Cleric 4/Shadowbane Stalker 3 (refluff as necessary)/whateverthat "Divine Trickster"-like class is works if you want a Cleric. The "Divine Trickster" I'm thinking of has +2d6 SA and divine casting as prerequisite and advances SA and divine casting like Arcane Trickster.

BobVosh
2010-05-15, 06:38 PM
Unseen seer and divine trickster are both fine choice.

If you don't like them I would recommend chameleon. Infiltrate by being any class you need. Also works well with rogue or factotum.

jguy
2010-05-15, 06:43 PM
I'll have to look into that unseen seer and divine trickers classes. Chameleon class never occurred to me til now

jguy
2010-05-15, 08:35 PM
I could not find the "Divine Trickster" except that one class for gnomes clerics with The Killing Joke. Location please?

Greenish
2010-05-15, 08:50 PM
I could not find the "Divine Trickster" except that one class for gnomes clerics with The Killing Joke. Location please?Here (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/5M5QGsJ5mpbLfAHduZG.html). Complete Scoundrel probably has something similar, can't recall.

Tyrandar
2010-05-15, 09:03 PM
Second Divine Trickster, unless you're going for supreme optimization, in which case a Rogue/Wizard hybrid would serve you pretty well.

Lord Loss
2010-05-16, 12:43 PM
Thirding Divine Trickster.