PDA

View Full Version : Healing Feat

Mr. Anon Omys
2010-05-15, 10:23 PM
Is there a feat that allows you to heal by being immersed in flames, or by being burned in any way? Just an idea.

AslanCross
2010-05-15, 10:47 PM
None. There's not even a feat that allows you to gain energy resistance if you didn't already have it. Even Fire-subtype creatures aren't healed by fire; they're just immune to it.

Lycanthromancer
2010-05-15, 10:55 PM
Add a few metamagic feats to healing spells to make them qualify, add Flash Frot, then Energy Substitution to give them the [fire] descriptor?

2xMachina
2010-05-16, 05:46 AM
Well, there's a Soulmeld...

Gives you energy resistance. If bound to a slot, any energy damage resisted is fast healing 1 for X rounds. (Not sure if immunity works though)

I don't remember the name though....

So, 2 feats should let you do it. Shape Soulmeld, Open Chakra.

olentu
2010-05-16, 06:02 AM
Well, there's a Soulmeld...

Gives you energy resistance. If bound to a slot, any energy damage resisted is fast healing 1 for X rounds. (Not sure if immunity works though)

I don't remember the name though....

So, 2 feats should let you do it. Shape Soulmeld, Open Chakra.

Phoenix belt I believe. Though being a belt it might take more then just the one open chakra and it also might require essentia which I can not recall if any of shape soulmend or the open chakras gives.

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-16, 06:10 AM
Phoenix belt I believe. Though being a belt it might take more then just the one open chakra and it also might require essentia which I can not recall if any of shape soulmend or the open chakras gives.

Why would it require more than one chakra? What other chakra would a belt bind to other than the Waist chakra? The Open Chakra feats don't require anything other than character level and a high Con score, so that can't be what you meant :smallwink:

Which you can't get until level eighteen, so maybe the Pheonix Belt isn't such a great plan.

Pheonix Belt's fast healing also doesn't require essentia. The fire resistance does, but fire resistance is easy to get.

Gorbash
2010-05-16, 06:22 AM
None. There's not even a feat that allows you to gain energy resistance if you didn't already have it. Even Fire-subtype creatures aren't healed by fire; they're just immune to it.

There is, actually.

Healing Flames in Races of Faerun. Works only if you're a Fire Genasi or Tanarukk, though.

olentu
2010-05-16, 06:34 AM
Why would it require more than one chakra? What other chakra would a belt bind to other than the Waist chakra? The Open Chakra feats don't require anything other than character level and a high Con score, so that can't be what you meant :smallwink:

Which you can't get until level eighteen, so maybe the Pheonix Belt isn't such a great plan.

Pheonix Belt's fast healing also doesn't require essentia. The fire resistance does, but fire resistance is easy to get.

Probably because I could not remember the feats and so decided to leave open the possibility that I was remembering them incorrectly in so much that it was possible that they were a chain rather then separate feats. I would not want to spread misinformation in cases like this where I am rather sure I do not remember things completely. I could have looked but I am not quite sure where that copy of magic of incarnum has gone and so decided to instead hedge my bets.

AslanCross
2010-05-16, 06:40 AM
There is, actually.

Healing Flames in Races of Faerun. Works only if you're a Fire Genasi or Tanarukk, though.

Ah, I stand corrected. Though that still requires some kind of innate fire resistance to begin with. These things really aren't the kind of thing one could get without having existing resistance or immunities to begin with.

Gorbash
2010-05-16, 06:48 AM
Well, of course, that's the only way it makes sense. Although I'd expand the race restriction to everything with Fire subtype/innate Fire resistance.

Not sure if it's worth taking as a feat, but if players like, who am I to object.

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-16, 06:52 AM
Probably because I could not remember the feats and so decided to leave open the possibility that I was remembering them incorrectly in so much that it was possible that they were a chain rather then separate feats. I would not want to spread misinformation in cases like this where I am rather sure I do not remember things completely. I could have looked but I am not quite sure where that copy of magic of incarnum has gone and so decided to instead hedge my bets.

Psh!

You should always just pretend you know what you're talking about! That way people can call you out if you're wrong. Much easier than looking for the books. :smallbiggrin:

(Luckily I have a cupboard with all my D&D books in alphabetical order right next to me...)

Rainbownaga
2010-05-16, 06:55 AM
Ah, I stand corrected. Though that still requires some kind of innate fire resistance to begin with. These things really aren't the kind of thing one could get without having existing resistance or immunities to begin with.

There's also the fiendish heritage line, which grants acid and fire resistance.

Edit: Also you can take the 1st level stance that gives fire resistance/immunity based on tumble ranks.

Vizzerdrix
2010-05-16, 07:18 AM
Troll Blooded grants a weak fast healing. But sunlight will mess you up.

Escheton
2010-05-16, 07:35 AM

source?';.

Greenish
2010-05-16, 07:46 AM
source?';.Dragon Mag #319. Also here (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Troll_Blooded).

[Edit]: A warforged would be immune to the fatigue, but still benefit from the regeneration.

Darrin
2010-05-16, 08:18 AM

Actually, it grants a rather strong Regeneration 1. Other than the sunlight thing, that is.

There's a Dragonblood Cleric substitution level in Races of the Dragon (p. 107), 9th level, that gives you Energy Sustenance. As an immediate action, spend a turn attempt to convert 3 [energy-type] damage to heal 1 HP.

Runestar
2010-05-16, 08:47 AM
Dragon Mag #319. Also here (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Troll_Blooded).

[Edit]: A warforged would be immune to the fatigue, but still benefit from the regeneration.

Isn't the feat human-only or something along that line? Plus, barring feats, there is no way a warforged can take it at 1st lv, since it also has toughness as a prereq.

Greenish
2010-05-16, 08:52 AM
Isn't the feat human-only or something along that line?Region-specific.

Plus, barring feats, there is no way a warforged can take it at 1st lv, since it also has toughness as a prereq.I assume you mean flaws. Yes, obviously.

I merely noted that warforged would be immune to the drawback, but capable of enjoying the benefits.