PDA

View Full Version : World League Forumball

Orzel
2010-05-15, 11:49 PM
Welcome to World League Forumball.
Where you are the owner of your own forumball team.
Build the perfect team and win the Championship trophy

Rules (which can be changed, we are the owners):

1) There are 7 stars on a Forumball team. Although there are more total players on the team, only the stars matter as long as they are healthy. Each type of star has their own strengths and weaknesses. Each owner is given a 200,000 gold salary cap and a 50,000 gold salary floor to be spent on stars and jinxes.

Star |Win strength| Salary | Cost to injure
Legend| 10 |35,000| 10,000
MVP|5 |25,000 | 5,000
All-star |4| 20,000| 5,000
Veteran |3| 10,000 | 2,000
Position| 1| 4,000| 5,000
Rookie |0|2,000| 6,000

2) Each team starts the season with a number of wins equal the the sum of their stars' win strength.

3) There are X number of weeks in the season. How many weeks there will be and how long they are are up to the owners. When the season ends, the playoffs begins and the top 8 teams move to the playoffs. When the playoffs end, a champion is crowned.

4) Each week, each owner gets to cheer or jeer a type of star for free. Each team gains 1 win for each star to the type that gains the most cheers for the week. Each team gain 1 win if their team does not have any of the type that gains the most jeers for the week.

5) An owner may sacrifice a certain amount of gold to the Altar of Jinxes to injure a star on any team. Injured players do not count towards their team for cheers and jeers.

6) When the playoff start, the top 8 enter the playoffs. The 1st seed vs. the 8th seed, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6 and 4 vs. 5. The first team to reach 4 wins eliminates their opponent and moves on. During the playoffs, only the votes of teams who made it to the playoff but not eliminated count.

7) Owners may trade stars and money between themselves as long as they still remain within the salary cap and floor. All trades occur after the week in progress. All trades are public.

8) Owners who are inactive for 3 game weeks have their teams disbanded and their stars are auctions to the highest bidder.

Who's interested?

Orzel
2010-05-19, 10:54 AM
Okay. Who will challenge the Orzel City Minotaurs?!

Zar Peter
2010-05-19, 11:02 AM
I'm a bit confused about the rules but I think we will solve this when the game starts...

Austria Vienna Vikings

Orzel
2010-05-19, 06:14 PM
What is your question?

I'll be the Commissioner and solve disputes. To be fair, I'll restrict my team to 100,000, won't injure, and won't vote during the regular season.

Now fear the Minotaurs and Allstars Wil, Phil, and Gil Wall
AKA the Wall of PAIN!
All-stars:3
Veterans: 2
Rookies: 2
Total win strength: 18

Zar Peter
2010-05-20, 01:06 AM
How do the teams play against each other? Only based on win strenght or are there other implications?

When do they play? Schedule?

.... more questions to come when I think more

RedScholarGypsy
2010-05-20, 07:28 AM
Yum, Game Theory. I'll be in.:smallbiggrin:

Orzel
2010-05-20, 07:56 AM
Currently there's no schedule or h2h play before the playoffs. But that could change.

Saint Nil
2010-06-10, 02:15 PM
Its interesting, so I'll join.

Mt. Zion Angels

Already picked my team, but I'll wait to reveal it until the season starts.:smallwink:

How do the teams play against each other? Only based on win strenght or are there other implications?

When do they play? Schedule?

.... more questions to come when I think more

As far as I understand, the weeks only purpose is to allow the cheers and jeers. Then at the end we tally up that total combined with the wins from the start of the season, and that decides who goes to what seed.

As for playoffs, we either win through cheers and jeers again, or combined cheers and jeers with out beginning total.

Please correct me if I'm wrong Orzel.

Can we gain more money to use on jinxs, or is the 50,000 we get from the beginning the only money we receive?