PDA

View Full Version : The Purge of Balaerin

Visturon
2010-05-16, 01:30 AM
You each have been selected by your respective churches to go on a dangerous mission to help the world eliminate the last of the arcanists on the continent of Arianor.

You received a small card, much like a party invite that says in fine purple writing "SEVENTEEN AND A HALF POINT THREE" Though the significance of this is unknown you were told to take it to the High Temple and present it to one of the servants who await dignitaries.

The High Temple is a huge white structure at the top of the tiered City of Falling Water, at the back of the tower are 3 huge tunnels where the three rivers of the city enter from the high plains that are east of the city. Those rivers are the source of the water that feeds the endless fountains and waterfalls that cover the 4 tiers of the city before cascading out of the bottom tier on three sides to fall a thousand feet down into the MystMoor, a huge lake that is covered by perpetual mist from the falls. The whole city is built from a white stone that gives off a soft white light, giving it a hallowed and ghostly effect.

After entering the grand foyer of the High Temple and presenting your invitation you are guided to a side room where a number of others wait, everyone waiting here is either a priest or an influential lord. The room is fairly small and the walls lined with padded benches made of the same white seamless stone as the rest of the temple, there are no light sources in the room yet like everywhere in the High Temple the room is lit as if you stood outdoors under the noon day sun.

DueceEsMachine
2010-05-16, 10:43 PM
Conleth Harish

AC - 23
HP - 50/50

*As he is directed to the antechamber, Con keeps his expression serious, though not dour. Such a gathering of individuals was undoubtedly serious business, so there was no time for nicities. His eyes scan each face present, and he recognizes most of the priests, though the identity of the others escape him. By their dress he would assume them to be wealthy. They were well connected, likely influential. Nobles, most likely.*

*Stepping to one side of the doorway to await a summons, he looks around the white room, admiring the profound simplicity. It was unadorned, yet as beautiful as the rest of the Temple. Still. He could see places of shadow here and there. Even here, there was no perfection.*

Erutaron
2010-05-17, 12:41 AM
Dakrann, Cleric of St. Cuthbert
AC 15
HP 45

not feeling entirely proper off the battlefield, Dakrann is slightly nervous around any influential persons. he checks his armour over for stains and wear before entering the temple.

He enters into the waiting area and greets any of the priests and nobles he knows.

SilentNight
2010-05-17, 08:47 AM
Elan Kallamud
AC:20
HP:42/42
Elan looks around as he enters the chamber, he'd only been here a few times before and it always impressed him. He eyes the other attendees, taking their stock as he might a mark in the older days. He sits down with a clink from his chain-link shirt, made in the likeness of Olidammara's mask and looks about, waiting for the Priest King.

Visturon
2010-05-17, 07:52 PM
A young man wearing the white robes of a clerical initiate enters the room through the door opposite from where you entered. He hastily looks around and then holding up a slip of paper identical to the one each of you was given announces "Those selected by their churches, please come this way. I will need to see your invitation to verify you." He steps to the side of the door and the room he came from comes into view, it is a conference room of some sort with a long table lined with high backed chairs.

After a few minutes of waiting here the side door opens and a huge man walks in. He appears human but is well over seven feet tall and his shoulders are as wide as an orcs. He has a handsome face with a chiseled jaw but his eyes are abnormally dark, not sunken but rather like you were looking into a void. His hair is pulled back from his face and so black that in the light it seems to gleam purple. He wears cheerful purple robes decorated with the symbols of all the gods and across his back hangs a long horn that is so black that you cant even make out the images that are carved into it. "Greetings from the Priest King, and from the gods themselves." His deep voice booms in the chamber and has an almost musical quality to it, its very sound makes you relax and want to believe every word he says. "I believe you all know why you are here?" He looks around at each of you and continues on, "There are still many groups of vile arcanists out there, tapping peoples souls and bringing forth beings of pure destruction. We must end this! And that, my brothers... is what you have been chosen to do."

DueceEsMachine
2010-05-17, 09:46 PM
Conleth Harish

AC - 23
HP - 50/50

*Moving as directed by the acolyte, Con waits patiently after handing over his invitation, taking note of the others who move forward as well. While watching them passively, the imposing figure of the King Priest enters, rendering him immobile. In all his years, he had only seen the man from a distance, and in such close quarters, the Divine power flowing through him was palpable.*

*Taking a moment to swallow hard, trying to force his many uprooted organs back down his throat, he hangs on the beings words nodding agreement before his mind has considered the ramifications.*
"Your Gr...."
*He catches the words as they begin to come out - before he can remember proper manners - and blushes a deep red, embarrased at his lack of discipline. It was not his place to speak first. Cort was right - he needed to pay more attention to his lessons...*

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-17, 09:54 PM
Garten Orithen

AC: 19
HP: 66/66

Garten walked towards the large temple with the waterfalls. Garten had to narrow his eyes due to the brightness of the temple. "Bloody humans and their need to be grand in everything they do, the structure will probably fall from one well placed catapult stone or some simple explosives in the basement..." Garten stops as an overly pushy believer of Rao tries to hand him a pamphlet about his god, "Here onlooker, become enlightened and full of inner peace..." The pamphlet hander had no more time to say anything because Garten had his hand in a crushing grasp. "My name is Garten Orithen, Soldier of Hextor, and I fight so that you may be able to have your little preachy sermons about peace and porsperity." Garten lets go of the mans hand, "remember that we are the ones that keep everything moving whereas you merely can't see the forest for the trees." and with that Garten walks into the temple.

Garten walks straight past everyone and anyone that attempts to stop him are merely pushed aside and given a wave of his invitation. Garten walks into the room just after the man had spoke. "My sincerest apologize for my lateness, sir. I was tarried by a man outside and many of the people within." Garten says as he takes knee to apologize before moving into his seat, "Let me introduce myself. Garten Orithen, Soldier of Hextor."

Visturon
2010-05-17, 10:47 PM
The large man chuckles quietly as though to some personal joke. "I see there is some confusion, I am the ArchSentinel, I relay the word of the Priest King to the people and am in charge of his military matters." He walks around to the end of the table and with a soft push the massive chair slides a good seven feet back and he proceeds to stand where it had been. "Soldier Orithen, I hope that when the time comes for politics you can be a little more patient and allow your comrades to do the talking and a little more prompt when battle calls." He looks around at everyone gathered, six men of faith as different as the gods they serve.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-17, 10:58 PM
Gregor
AC: 23
hp: 36

Gregor walks into the room, thoughtfully munching on a loose meat sandwich from a food vendor outside. His tabard has a few mustard stains on it.

"Greetings and salutations tightwads. I'd say I'm sorry for being late, but my order has a thing about lying."

Gregor looks at the six men assembled, and grabs the homeless man who has apparently taken his seat, and drags him out by the ear. He returns to his loose meat sandwich.

"Now I will take a seat, but I notice that my seat lacks a stick, and the rest of you seem to have them, so you have me at a disadvantage. So you're the Arch . . . Sentinel! I am so glad to meat you finally, get it? MEAT!? SANDWICH!?"

He points at the loose meat sandwich. He smiles and wipes his mouth with his sleeve.

"Now do we have any beer? Padre needs to wash down that sandwich. Where are the fem-clerics?"

SilentNight
2010-05-18, 08:48 AM
Elan enters just behind Gregor and laughs at the man's behavior. "Worry about that later brother," he says, patting the man on the shoulder, Now is the time for business, and afterwards we can have all the pleasure we desire." He gives a slight bow of deference to the Archsentinel and takes a seat near the door, providing easy escape if needed.

DueceEsMachine
2010-05-18, 08:50 AM
Conleth Harish

AC - 23
HP - 50/50

*With a sidelong look at Garten, he snorts, shaking his head at the dwarven mans escuses.*
"Arriving on time is a matter of principle. By now you should know that your legs are incapable of moving at any decent speed, and should have left a bit earlier. While still an inconveneince, at least your counter-part there is honest."

*He shakes his head and looks back to the ArchSentinel, hoping to continue the gathering.*
"Your Grace - while there are undoubtedly groups operating in secret, I have been led to beleive that the majority of these foul Arcanists are holed up in their city - that last bastion of sin, and to speak truly, it would take an army to raze it openly. Even if that were the plan, it would undoubtedly cost countless lives of the faithful, and victory would yet be unnassured. Perhaps it would be best if we were given more details on the Divine plan we are to help execute?"

Visturon
2010-05-18, 08:56 AM
"It becomes blatantly obvious now that at least some of you were selected so that you could be sent away, most likely they are hoping you are slain," the ArchSentinel speaks with a loathing that makes it seem he is about to kill the offenders himself, and yet his musical voice makes you feel a peace that is at odds with his words. "This mission will be interesting to say least... I hope you all understand that while out there you represent the Priest King himself and if i hear you are traipsing around the land showing the kind of blatant disrespect i see here today i will have you executed as heretics to the cause."

"You have all been selected for this for a variety of reasons, some of which i cannot fathom, and thereby you will need to remain as a single unit and work together. If the gods you serve can place aside their differences to work as a team I trust that their followers will do the same." While saying this he gives the cleric of Hextor and that of Heironeous a hard look. "The first mission lies within the Empire and should be fairly simple, you will travel South to the city of Parthelus. There you will investigate rumors of an arcanist clutch and if possible, deal with it. If for some reason you cannot do so yourselves then you must send word back to get reinforcements." He pulls a small scroll from his large sleeve and tosses it to the middle of the table. "That contains orders for a carriage to Parthelus. Do any of you have any reasonable questions?"

Sovjohn
2010-05-18, 11:13 AM
Damven Justforge
HP:66/66
Damven had entered the room first and was waiting the others, since his clan had made it absolutely clear that the cleric of Copperforge Temple should not keep anyone waiting, since this would show disrespect. He had sat in the corner, and was rather discreet while waiting, tidying his beard rather idly. It would not take much effort to recognize where he came from, however; the armor, quite beautiful and bearing ornate decorations, along with the warhammer of equally exquisite craftsmanship, practically screamed "A Cleric of Moradin is present".

However, Damven's mind was more anxious than usual, although this fact was not exactly evident through his calm composure. It was his very first day away from the temple, and on the mission to further Moradin's influence... It would take a while for him to properly adjust to the new surroundings. He remained quietly confident, of course, as all dwarves do in such occasions.

Sovjohn
2010-05-18, 11:31 AM
Damven Justforge

Damven watched the entrances of all the clerics after him, as well as the ArchSentinel speaking, in silence so far. Still wishing not to screw things up on his first day on temple duty outside the temple itself, he chose to observe things and speak when the time was right.

He found the clerics present pleasant in general, even the elves, something usually strange since most elves he had seen were moody and gloomy for no apparent reason, and he was positively elated to see another dwarf in the room! Then he noticed that the dwarf had the sign of Hextor on him, and decided to proceed cautiously with this one.

He always held in high regard every dwarf he ever saw anywhere, but Hextor was supposed to be less than "Moradin/Mya-compatible", for lack of a better description, than other gods. He was determined, however, to get to know everyone better before passing judgement around - after all, maybe other clerics were being cautious about him serving Moradin, as well. Time would tell.

When the ArchSentinel finished, he stood up from the chair he had occupied thus far, with his shining armor in its full glory due to the unnaturally bright room, and gently enquired:

"Although I would beg to differ about the whole "sent away to be slain" concept, your Grace, since I definitely know my temple does not operate under these principles, allow me a question: Do we have a designated contact in Parthelus, an envoy of the Priest King perhaps? Or are we supposed to meet with contacts from our own churches?

..."Not that we would be hard-pressed to find contacts from all the churches we represent" - he thought immediately with a knowledgeable smile - "We do surely cover all aspects of divinity, judging from the varied clerics I see in here..."

Visturon
2010-05-18, 12:08 PM
The ArchSentinel's gentle smile is returning with now that he has been address by a few who seem to know their place in the hierarchy of the joined churches. "There is no set contact for you in Parthelus, and the only temple there is that of the mighty Kord, whose followers would undoubtedly have you prove yourself physically to stay among them." He smiles that chuckling smile again as though someone had just whispered a joke in his ear. "There are minor priests from most orders in the city, but they would be of little use to you except as firsthand accounts of the rumors there. The local lord is a man named Skagarth, and he has been a supporter of our agents in the past, he may be able to aid you."

He finally turns to Conleth, "You speak of Haven i believe? You are right, as we stand our victory against that city would deal a crushing blow to us. Enough perhaps, that those arcanists and their allies who remain outside of the city might be able to then change the tide of our war..." He trails off, his dark eyes are focused on a spot on the far wall and he has a half smile as though watching some future event laid out before him. He suddenly snaps back to this world and his eyes have a new intensity, one that is rather disconcerting, "That is why we need you, your mission is to seek out these groups that attempt to gather and strengthen outside of Haven and destroy them, or drive them before you back to the cursed city from whence they come."

DueceEsMachine
2010-05-18, 12:19 PM
Conleth Harish

AC - 23
HP - 50/50

*When the quiet member of the meeting speaks up, Con looks his way and smiles - he got right to the point - a trait that any should admire.*
"You took the words from my mouth on more than one account, sir. While some of us may not be the most... acceptable on every level, our superiors must have seen something worth-while in each of us, simply for the fact that no righteous church would wish to see this endeavor fail."

*Turning his full attention to the ArchSentinel, he nods in agreement*
"Indeed, your wisdom and knowledge in this matter exceeds any of ours - if we are to deal with the scattered groups of Lawbreakers, then I for one say it shall be so."

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-18, 03:06 PM
Garten Orithen

HP: 19
AC: 66

Garten sat silently in his seat and gave a quick look at all of the representatives of the religions. The only time any noise was made by him was a small chuckle at the antics of the heironian, most of the heironinan's would have started by yelling some sort of proclamation and calling him "unholy" or "vile nave". His humor quickly ran out when he was admonished by the Cuthbertian elf, he noted it but said nothing in response. He caught the eyes of the other dwarf who had on the regalia of the racial diety, he held no disrespect to him for staying in with his clan.

"Before we go of dealing with scattered groups of lawbreakers, should we not be informed of what we are going up against? Any information on the actions of the arcanists in Parthelus, because knowledge is one more weapon that we need to bring to utilize to exterminate our united enemy." Garten says calmly as he rubs the fist of Hextor absent mindedly.

Visturon
2010-05-18, 03:19 PM
"You are absolutely right, knowledge is a great force multiplier. The only problem is that i have given you almost all the information I have. We have reports from a long ways off of groups of potential mages and of suspicious and secretive individuals traveling from all over, I traced the reports on a map and all the reports seem to have these individuals heading to Parthelus, and not one seems to be different. So i sent word to Master Garth, the head of the temple of Kord, and he said there are a lot of travelers coming to town and few seem to stay... and even fewer are seen leaving." He looks around at you all as though expecting something. Then he heaves the massive long horn off his back and lays it before him on the table. "Can any of you tell me what that might signify?"

Erutaron
2010-05-18, 04:21 PM
I see deception Dakrann says finally breaking his silence,
Mages are deceptive people, they can move seen or unseen, and even then you can't trust what is seen.

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-18, 05:25 PM
Garten Orithen

HP: 66/66
AC: 19

"It has nothing to do with deception, they are disappearing and not in the magic way I am geussing. We have no idea whether there is a corolation between the amount of arcanists and the disappearances yet, we should go because of the arcanists and if we solve the other probelm while we are there then so be it." Garten says as he let's go of the Fist of Hextor and interlaces his fingers on his lap.

Visturon
2010-05-18, 06:07 PM
"You both are perceptive, if close minded. I have a feeling all those travelers disappearing are the very arcanists that we are looking for, or at least a good number of them are. Which means that either they are still in Parthelus, or they are using some magical means to go elsewhere." He picks up the massive horn and holding it out before him mouths a strange word, the horn reforms and seems to twist as it becomes a sword, as long as a grown man is tall with a blade nearly a foot wide. It is as black as the horn it was and looks more like stone than metal. "So all you need to do is find where they are hiding..." He carves an X into the table. "Cordon it off..." He carves a circle around his X. "And deliver the final blow..." He raises the sword up and drives it into the table, right through the X. With this he looks around smiling at his little dramatic display, "Any more questions of me?"

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-18, 06:59 PM
"You both are perceptive, if close minded. I have a feeling all those travelers disappearing are the very arcanists that we are looking for, or at least a good number of them are. Which means that either they are still in Parthelus, or they are using some magical means to go elsewhere." He picks up the massive horn and holding it out before him mouths a strange word, the horn reforms and seems to twist as it becomes a sword, as long as a grown man is tall with a blade nearly a foot wide. It is as black as the horn it was and looks more like stone than metal. "So all you need to do is find where they are hiding..." He carves an X into the table. "Cordon it off..." He carves a circle around his X. "And deliver the final blow..." He raises the sword up and drives it into the table, right through the X. With this he looks around smiling at his little dramatic display, "Any more questions of me?"

Garten Orithen

AC:19

"Close minded, no, realistic, yes, because at this point we have no clue whether the disappearances have anything to do with them. If you have no information proving otherwise than we are making assumptions and those don't lead to anything, well anything good at least." Garten says to the ArchSentinel.

After the ArchSentinel breaks the table they were sitting at. Garten just shakes his head, "Bloody humans and their need to be grand in everything they do..." Garten mutters under his breath and then continues to speak, "Well done sir, you manage to break a perfectly useable table and use a powerful magic item to do it with. I don't understand what that was meant to prove, now before you break anything else can we get on the move?" Garten says in an annoyed tone rather than an angry one as he wipes some of the splinters off of his armor and then get's up from his chair

SilentNight
2010-05-18, 07:02 PM
Elan Kallamud
Seeing that the gathering was more of a question and answer session than a lecture from the ArchSentinel, Elan's countenance becomes more serious and he rises from his seat to approach the table. He remains quiet and absorbs the other's questions, interjecting with a small "No shame in being unseen," to Dakrann's comment.
He nods at the ArchSentinel's theory that the travellers arriving were in fact the mages, seeing the logic in it. After the ArchSentinel's display, he speaks up with a final question, "Obviously we're meant to squash them out, but would you wish us to take one, possibly the leader hostage for information?"

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-18, 09:28 PM
Gregor

Gregor pulls his hair in anguish. "MY LOOSE MEAT SANDWICH!!! You monster!! What did my beautiful ever do to you?!? Now it's covered in woodchips!! Wood chips!! I'm not a termite!! I can't eat that!WHY!?"

He begins pounding his fists on the ArchSentinel's armour, despairing that his sandwich is lost. Tears flow.

He then pauses and grabs at the man's pauldrons:

"Who in their right mind carries a foot-wide sword? What is next, a wandblade?"

He then pulls a corned beef sandwich out of his belt pouch.

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-18, 09:36 PM
He then pulls a corned beef sandwich out of his belt pouch.

"So that is why your belt pouch was dripping, I was beginning to worry about you Heironian." Garten says with a slight chuckle to himself afterwards

Visturon
2010-05-19, 09:40 AM
The ArchSentinel completely ignores the miserable sot of a cleric of Heironeous, and pulls the sword free from the table, then he grasps something under his robes and murmurs a series of incomprehensible words. The table suddenly fixes itself, the split closing up and the splinters returning to their places. "A prisoner?" He pauses thoughtfully for a second. "I would say that if the opportunity should present itself then a prisoner could provide us some important information, but dont worry about going out of your way to capture one of the vile arcanists. They are known for being deceptive and clever, and I wouldnt want one to get free and slit your throats in the night." The ArchSentinel swings the huge sword up onto his shoulder and as it comes to rest it is once more a horn. "If there are no further questions, I have duties to attend to and im sure there are preparations the lot of you must make."

SilentNight
2010-05-19, 09:45 AM
Elan Kallamud
Elan bows in deference to the ArchSentinel as the man withdraws. "Now then," he says suddenly brightening up, "Shall we to the tavern before we leave, I'm buying."

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-19, 09:51 AM
Gregor

*cough**cough*"I do have one question sentinel of arches. Out plan appears to hinge on the arcanists not having associates of a craven nature. Ones willing to sell themselves over to the church for a modest price, being alive being the most important I'd believe. Working with the arcanists might prove less of a deadly option for both parts. you cannot tell me we could not find use for the non-demon trafficking ones?"

Visturon
2010-05-19, 11:06 AM
"I have no doubt that they have compatriots of the craven sort, but the Priest King does not buy loyalty, especially that of those who the gods have demanded be slain. If it suits your fancy, though i doubt YOUR god would approve, then you may use their craven nature to help you destroy them." He once again wears that strange half smile. As he turns and walks from the room, he says over his shoulder, "Do not forget the note for your passage." The thick wooden door thuds shut behind him and the group of you are now alone in the room with the long table.

Sovjohn
2010-05-19, 01:37 PM
Damven Justforge

Damven watched the ArchSentinel leave after some questions were posed, and then picked up the note and put it in his robes. He looked around to the other clerics, wore his best friendly smile, and said:

"This was enlightening, eh lads? Since we will apparently be together in this for some time to come, I think the suggestion Elan here made was a proper one. Let's head to the tavern and get to know each other a bit better - We are on the same group after all. And, by Moradin's beard, I'd like to know if anyone, apart from Garten here who I'm sure will be sober, can handle a bit of fine ale without dropping on the floor counting the tiles on the ceiling! I'll buy the second round!"

Hoping the others were in a mood to follow suit, he begun to move from the door, still smiling; his smile became a tad more mischievous once he mentioned the words 'fine ale'.

SilentNight
2010-05-19, 04:29 PM
Elan Kallamud
Elan raises an approving eye and the Cleric of Moradin's seconding of his suggestion. He liked dwarves when they were in a celebratory mood, though he found their business manners too direct and gruff if admirable in their focus. The trouble was getting them in the mood you wanted at any given time. Right now he was right pleased though. "Hear hear," he says with a clap, "let us went," as he makes his way towards the door.

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-19, 05:20 PM
"...and now he wastes magic." Garten mutters to himself as the ArchSentinel mends the table. He was glad when he left and it was also interesting that everyone seemed to become. "To right my brother dwarf and I expect the same from you." Garten says with the same tone as before but it is obvious that he is more relaxed than when he was during the meeting, "I believe there is much to talk about between all of us. I am new to this region and would therefore not have a tavern of preference, would anyone have a local in mind?" Garten says stroking his beard as he waits for an answer.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-19, 07:08 PM
"I'm always up for drinks!"

SilentNight
2010-05-19, 08:30 PM
Elan Kallamud
"The Coroner and Cabbage is a favorite of mine, nice duality about the name," Elan proclaims, "any objections?"

Erutaron
2010-05-20, 05:01 AM
None from me speaks Dakrann

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-20, 03:09 PM
None from me speaks Dakrann

""A dwarf who does not drink with his fellows is not a dwarf to trust" an old saying that I rembered from my days in my clan but I think it holds true here." Garten says in response to the refusal.

Sovjohn
2010-05-21, 09:53 AM
Damven Justforge

"Coroner & Cabbage, hmm? They've got a decent ale variety, I'll give you that. Of course, the Endless Tankard in the dwarven district is beyond competition, but it's quite further away from here. Coroner & Cabbage will do! Let's go!"

He glanced back to make sure everyone was coming, and then moved outside the door with a steady pace, silently thinking if he can beat his previous record in a drinking game.

Visturon
2010-05-22, 02:43 PM
The Coroner & Cabbage is a good sized inn on the middle class tier of the city, it makes its own ale and imports dwarven and giant ale. The tavern is the real reason the inn is prosperous, that and the innkeep's 5 daughters who are well known to frequent the guest rooms after hours and are happy to dance and show themselves off in the common room most of the night. The first two floors are made of the same iridescent stone as most of the city so the rooms are never dark, though they only provide a dim light. The common room is primarily lit by the 5 large hearths that are set into 3 of the walls. Being morning the room is only sparsely populated, with a few regulars eating early lunches and the innkeep going over some records at a table by the bar. One burly looking half orc stands near the door looking around moodily.

A cute short little brunette waitress leads you to a table near one of the fire places and asks what everyone will be drinking.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-22, 05:28 PM
"A loose meat sandwich and one of those daughters this place is so famous for."

Sovjohn
2010-05-22, 05:53 PM
Damven Justforge

"Heh...Bit early for dancing and spectacles, matey. Good day to you, fair lady, we shouldn't keep you here much... Since the first round's on that fair lad over here..." Damven says to Gregor and to the waitress in quick succession, while pointing fully to Elan when completing his phrase "...we'd best make it count! Please bring us a round of your ale, and a round of the best dwarven ale you've got, as well - I need to show the lads here which ale dominates the land the most. Plus a large platter of varied sandwiches and meat, for whoever wants to eat over here!"

He then shoos away the waitress with a kind nod and a smile, adding:

"First ale round 's on Elan here, second on me, we 'll all pay for the food. Feel free to bring more ale or spirits over here if you feel like it. And now...let's see who we've got here!

I'll start... I'm Damven Justforge, cleric of Moradin the Creator, and come from the Moradin's Temple of Copperforge in the Dwarven Caverns of this very city. We don't usually send dwarven clerics outside the temple or the Caverns, but I''ve been selected, like many before me, to spread Moradin's word for the next few months, representing the temple while doing so. As long as you are fond of a heroes' feast now and then, you'll probably end up in my good books. Don't be deceived by height and such, I can take a good and proper beating any time of the day. If you wanna compete with a dwarf, I'd recommend a drinking game, although not today, it's far too early to start that now. Pleased to meet ye all, and may the Creator watch over us, hahahah!"

...he finishes his introduction mini-speech with a burst of typical dwarven laughter, impossible to mistake for a laughter of any other race, looking pleased and expectant of the ale to come.

SilentNight
2010-05-22, 07:01 PM
Elan Kallamud
Elan chuckles at Damven's ending and then gestures listlessly with his hand. "I'll be next then," he says. "I'm Elan Kallamud, humble servant of the Laughing Rogue, I've been in this city my entire life, so longer than a good lot of you. I like to have a good time, many an employee here can attest to my penchant for frivolity. When it comes to a task though I can be counted on, and I expect everyone among you to keep your focus at all times when we're out there, inferior as they are arcanists are not to be trifled with," his face suddenly serious he gives a pointed look to Gregor.
"I was sent by my church just because I'm a mission-minded man, and I possess a certain set of discreet skills and perspective they thought no one else would. Seems they were right." He lets the possible jibe hang in the air for a second before bursting out into laughter as well.

Visturon
2010-05-22, 07:24 PM
The waitress doesn't even seem to acknowledge the comment about the innkeep's daughters though her face seems to get a light tint of pink to it. She takes the order from Damven, saying it back to herself softly to commit it to memory and leaves as she is dismissed.

A group of young men dressed like minor lords walk into the room talking boisterously and making quite a racket. They take a table not far from yours and start hollering for a waitress.

DueceEsMachine
2010-05-22, 08:02 PM
Conleth Harish

AC - 23
HP - 50/50

*Though he had spent much of the previous while silently brooding, Con smiles and stands, raising his glass as it is handed to him, clearing his throat.*
"My apologies for my distant demeanor - I often lose myself in some of the theorhetical and philisophical aspects of our purpose here. By this I mean in general and specific, as the situation was just now."

*He waves a hand absently, trying to keep his mind on track*
"Erm. Where was I? Ah, yes. It seems all of you are upstanding men of the cloth - no matter the color and cut they might be. I must admit that I am a little baffled at my selection, unless the future need of legal council has been determined."
*He chuckles a bit at his own joke, trailing off as the humor is probably lost on the others.*

I am throroughly versed in St. Cuthberts laws, as well as more... conventional laws. I am also quite learned in Arcane matters, so I suppose that my knowledge may prove fortuitous. So - well met, I suppose, and cheers to the lot of us."

Erutaron
2010-05-22, 10:06 PM
Dakrann, Cleric of St. Cuthbert

AC 15
HP 45

I too serve the noble saint. I pray that with two of his servants amongst our group, we will not stray far from the law.

He also orders an ale

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-22, 11:12 PM
Garten Orithen

Garten sits listening to all of his allies, judging there abilities by what the said and how they were said. He found the Dwarf to be pleasant company although he did seem to revel in the problems with the race. The 2 Cuthbertians were seemingly varied in their nature, one was quiet and seemingly spoke only when he chose and the other seemed to be out of his element. The cleric of the Laughing Rogue seemed to fill in too man of the stereotypes of that group, he can not be trusted anymore than a regular cleric of a thief. The only person that he didn't mind at all was the Heironian, in fact he was funny and said what was important no matter the consequences.

At a pause he takes a deep breath in and then begins his story. "My story goes back to Krakikdan Hold, my birth place and the dwarven hold of Clan Orithen. We are a strong clan with a strong heritage in that of war but our enemies have become many over the years. The orcs from the southern valley, the goblins that are like rats and the beasts of the Underdark they were all turned back but our numbers began to grow smaller. We could ne're take them all so my great great grand father made a deal with a cleric of Hextor. The Church of Hextor would be able to set up one of their fortresses in the mountain pass near by and the dwarves shall aid them in its making but they will need to help us with our defenses. Now Grim Keep, the stronghold-like Church of Hextor and Krakikdan Hold stand strong against all of their enemies." Garten takes a pause to nod his head in pride of his heritage,

"I am one of tradition, I was chosen of the clan to be sent to Grim Keep in an exchange for one of their members. I had the choice at one point in my stay to go back to my clan, I refused. I began the training to become a proper Soldier of Hextor quickly and rose to my rank as such quickly. My rise has stalled and I requested that I be given an assignment to allow for elevation for rank. Hextor applauded my effort and gave me this task and now I sit here."

Visturon
2010-05-23, 01:20 PM
The waitress brings out a platter of meats, cheeses, bread, and other sandwich materials and slams it down in the center of the table and heads over to the table full of rowdy lordlings.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-23, 05:51 PM
The waitress brings out a platter of meats, cheeses, bread, and other sandwich materials and slams it down in the center of the table and heads over to the table full of rowdy lordlings.

"Well she's not getting a tip."

DueceEsMachine
2010-05-24, 09:15 AM
Conleth Harish

AC - 23
HP - 50/50

*picking up a stray peice of meat from the platter, he shrugs and gives it a smell before taking a bite.*
"Well, I suppose she could be one of the daughters previously mentioned - that could be the reason for her behavior. Few people enjoy their exploits being brought into full light. It ruins all the fun for them. Or she could just be upset about something else altogether. In the end it doesn't matter much."

*Sitting back in his chair with his drink, he watches the nobles for a moment and shakes his head*
"It is at moments like this that I woefully regret my utter lack of interest in lineage an politics of the nobility. Do any of you gentlemen know anything about them?"

Erutaron
2010-05-26, 12:38 AM
I'm not sure, replies Dakrann let me try to get a better look at them

knowledge: nobility
[roll0]

I might as well take 20 on it

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-29, 02:07 PM
Gregor takes a fistful of meats and stuffs them into his mouth.