PDA

View Full Version : So... do you think Enor and Ganji... (speculation)

Almaseti
2010-05-16, 03:34 AM
are going to get paid now?

I mean, I doubt the Empress is going to eat Elan, V or Haley, and they didn't even catch the right guy, and the Order has no idea where Nale is so they didn't even capture a source of useful information. I suppose V could use the scrying s/he's developed to look for Nale, discover the Linear Guild is screwing around with the other Gate and they decide to go kick their asses, but I think everyone is much more worried about Xykon than the Linear Guild right now and wouldn't want to risk letting him succeed.

So yeah, no yummies for them.

Herald Alberich
2010-05-16, 04:46 AM
As Elan said (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0720.html), Nale is dead as far as the Order knows. Unless they wise up to their genre once more (the nemesis isn't dead until and unless you see the body), V doesn't have any reason to cast any divinations to try and find a dead man.

Edit: In regards to the actual question, probably not. If the Empire is feeling generous, Enor and Gannji could be compensated for the time and resources they spent, but I highly doubt they'll be paid in full.

dehro
2010-05-16, 05:01 AM
I suppose that's entirely up to tarquin..after all he's the one who issued the bounty. they did produce the next best thing, but still not what he was looking for, so probably not

Morquard
2010-05-16, 05:17 AM
It's possible

It was a genuine error to make, Elan looks like Nale, Sabine was just described as "looks like a human female" and the elf was "unspecified", and nowhere did it say "Watch out, Nale has a good twin brother, don't bring him"

So it was not like the two tried to cheat the EoB or anything. So yes, maybe they get paid at least part of the bounty, maybe even full, that depends on what reputation the EoB wants to uphold.

"I brought them their bounty - then they claimed it was not the real one but his twin brother and didn't pay me! Don't do business with the EoB they'll screw you over!" is not the best of propaganda either.

The Pilgrim
2010-05-16, 05:37 AM
If Tarquin is clever he'll pay them something, because the "Twins" excuse still smells fishy and can bring bad propaganda.

Swordpriest
2010-05-16, 08:22 AM
In any case, Tarquin is probably lawful. Wouldn't that make him more likely to honor the contract, especially since the bounty hunters brought in Elan in good faith?

The Pilgrim
2010-05-16, 09:18 AM
In any case, Tarquin is probably lawful. Wouldn't that make him more likely to honor the contract, especially since the bounty hunters brought in Elan in good faith?

Not really. Sticking to lawfulness, they didn't bring Nale, so they aren't deservered a dime.

Hardcore
2010-05-16, 10:00 AM
They will of course be fed to the dragon

Gift Jeraff
2010-05-16, 11:58 AM
As Elan said (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0720.html), Nale is dead as far as the Order knows. Unless they wise up to their genre once more (the nemesis isn't dead until and unless you see the body

I'm guessing Tarquin will remind his son of this storytelling rule. Also, I'm thinking Gannji and Enor won't be paid, and as such will hold a grudge against the Order and become recurring antagonists (possibly teaming up with someone else*).

*The Thieves' Guild hiring them would make the most sense to me, though I could also see the Linear Guild or whoever scried on the Order in #698.

Fallbot
2010-05-16, 12:34 PM
I get the impression Tarquin is the kind of classy evil that would pay them anyway, or at least compensate them for the time and teleport scrolls. I'm not really basing this on anything, I just get that kind of vibe.

Ron Miel
2010-05-16, 12:55 PM
No, they won't be paid the bounty for capturing Nale. They didn't do so.

Speculation ... They will become allies of tOOTS, for money. Tarquin will pay them an amount equal to double the promised bounty, if they help defeat Xykon.

Herald Alberich
2010-05-16, 01:23 PM
Like I said, if I were Tarquin, I'd ask for a bill of expenses (some poison, two Teleport scrolls, a healing spell/potion, and maybe time spent), and compensate them, without any profit involved. Loss = gain.

But I'm not LE. So, we'll see.

Dark Matter
2010-05-16, 03:10 PM
Not really. Sticking to lawfulness, they didn't bring Nale, so they aren't deservered a dime.Agreed. And if you want to be technical, they were told Elan <> Nale before they tried to bring him in.

Almaseti
2010-05-16, 07:05 PM
Tarquin does seem pretty happy to be reunited with Elan, so he might give them something.

The Pilgrim
2010-05-16, 07:10 PM
He may aslo be happy to feed the two guys who know too much to the Dragon.

Through, the fact that they both got names leads me to think they will have some more screen time than that.

Magdela
2010-05-16, 07:34 PM
I think they will pay them more, just to keep their mouths shut+for reuniting father with other son.

Ron Miel
2010-05-16, 08:36 PM
Through, the fact that they both got names leads me to think they will have some more screen time than that.

I'm still waiting for the return of Jaemin (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0295.html).

Needle
2010-05-16, 09:34 PM

He IS (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0050.html) Lawful :smallwink:

The Pilgrim
2010-05-16, 09:52 PM
I'm still waiting for the return of Jaemin (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0295.html).

Ok

...the fact that they both have names and not a generic clone redshirt trooper outlook.

BTW:
Jaemin is, in fact, Daigo. That's his full name, Daigo Jaemin. Could be, they look exaclty the same, don't them? :smalltongue:

Remember, you first heard it here. :smallbiggrin:

Nimrod's Son
2010-05-17, 04:12 AM
...except we know Daigo's last name starts with "Da-". (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0589.html)

dehro
2010-05-17, 05:00 AM
I think they will pay them more, just to keep their mouths shut+for reuniting father with other son.

why? I mean...who would give a fig about him having 1,2 or more sons and them being reunited?..is there a plot point I'm missing? so far it doesn't seem to matter very much to anyone but elan himself and his dad.

The Pilgrim
2010-05-17, 08:58 AM
why? I mean...who would give a fig about him having 1,2 or more sons and them being reunited?..is there a plot point I'm missing? so far it doesn't seem to matter very much to anyone but elan himself and his dad.

Uh, in a place where crowns change heads in a yearly basis, anyone interested in overcoming the Empire of Blood would be interested in know that the head of the military has a weak point in the form of a capturable idiot son he maybe cares about.

dehro
2010-05-17, 10:24 AM
Uh, in a place where crowns change heads in a yearly basis, anyone interested in overcoming the Empire of Blood would be interested in know that the head of the military has a weak point in the form of a capturable idiot son he maybe cares about.for all we know, tarquin is the head of a MERCENARY army...that just happens to be important in this particular moment, for that particular nation.
my point however is that there is nothing, plotwise, so far, to tell us that indeed what you say is true..we might find something of the kind in the next pannel, yes..but so far? nope. you're basically making up an entire plot sequence on a "what would be cool because I thought of it" base..out of thin air and there is not a sliver of anything to support it. we could equally say "he might be looking for nale to kill him for having nicked the goatee look he wanted to use but will take it now out on elan by giving him an absurd sidequest task"
granted, my idea is a bit more ridiculous, but is about as valid as yours, in terms of what it's based on as far as our knowledge so far of the characters goes...
if you see what I mean.

Optimystik
2010-05-17, 11:35 AM
I was hoping this thread would lead in an entirely different direction (though of course we can't crack the two of them together now...)

slayerx
2010-05-17, 11:51 AM
Uh, in a place where crowns change heads in a yearly basis, anyone interested in overcoming the Empire of Blood would be interested in know that the head of the military has a weak point in the form of a capturable idiot son he maybe cares about.

Whose to say... just because he's happy to see Elan does not mean he's willing to negotiate (by which i mean sacrifice his army and the empire) for Elan's safe return

Sanguine
2010-05-17, 12:15 PM
Well I think strip 724 answers this question.

The Pilgrim
2010-05-17, 12:20 PM
for all we know, tarquin is the head of a MERCENARY army...that just happens to be important in this particular moment, for that particular nation.

So? Changes the fact that anyone willing to bring down the EoB would find it useful to abduct the General's son?

my point however is that there is nothing, plotwise, so far, to tell us that indeed what you say is true..we might find something of the kind in the next pannel, yes..but so far? nope. you're basically making up an entire plot sequence on a "what would be cool because I thought of it" base..out of thin air and there is not a sliver of anything to support it.

It's not my idea alone. And I don't think it would be cool. As I said I don't think it's gonna happen. (EDIT: In fact, it didn't)

But, have you cared to read the "speculation" next to this thread's title? It may lead you to realize that much of this forum is for... speculation. :smallbiggrin:

And if you have problems accepting the right of other people to speculate, you should rethink if a forum desgined to speculate about a webcomic is the right place for you to be.

we could equally say "he might be looking for nale to kill him for having nicked the goatee look he wanted to use but will take it now out on elan by giving him an absurd sidequest task"
granted, my idea is a bit more ridiculous, but is about as valid as yours, in terms of what it's based on as far as our knowledge so far of the characters goes...

At least, you seem to understand the diference between ridiculous speculation and reasonable speculation.

The Pilgrim
2010-05-17, 12:29 PM
Whose to say... just because he's happy to see Elan does not mean he's willing to negotiate (by which i mean sacrifice his army and the empire) for Elan's safe return

Perhaps. We shall see where all this father-son thing leads to.

dehro
2010-05-17, 12:31 PM
I'm all for speculation..do so myself a fair bit...
that said, my opinion is that your speculation is based on...well..precious little.
I kinda try and speculate in a direction that is given me by what I have read or know so far..instead of just going in any direction at all..which was my perception/reaction when I read your speculation.
again..just my opinion..don't take offense please because I really don't mean to put down your idea out of any sort of malice..I just don't "see it"

Herald Alberich
2010-05-17, 01:33 PM
Well I think strip 724 answers this question.

Indeed. Ahem ... HA! I was right! Thermal detonator tomato soup notwithstanding.