PDA

View Full Version : Rakasha Gish!

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-16, 08:42 AM
For a campaing a friend is trying to start, I got approved Olecamo's awesome Rakasha Monster Class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7956421&postcount=32) and well I want to see if anyone can give me some general advice on how to play one.

While Olescamo's comments alludes it to be a good arcane skill monkey I think it is much more suited for a gish (Good BAB, all good saves, decent HD) and coupled with the natural casting it makes a solid chasis for a gish, which is what I am trying to make.

Right now my plan is going Rakasha 10/Ab Champ5/Eldritch Knight 5 (or preferably another FULL BAB 10/10 casting PRG class) which gives me BAB 20 Sorcerer casting 17 (no 9th level spells though) and CL 20

We are going to start at level 1 and this is supposed to go up to 20th level but I don't know if we wll actually get to that point

Are there any important flaws on my game plan? does anybody have some advice for me?

Thanks in advance

Starbuck_II
2010-05-16, 09:17 AM
Hmm, it has no armor, but does have all martial weapons.
Good base speed.
It can enter Warshaper Prc?
I agree, it isn't a bad Gish.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-16, 09:23 AM
Hmm, it has no armor, but does have all martial weapons.

CHA as natural armor is good (plus when I take Abjurant champ levels even the lowly shield is a great deffense) and the bite let's me threaten even when wielding a reach weapon

Good base speed.

Battle jump maybe?

It can enter Warshaper Prc?

Does the change shape fits the pre-requisite?

I agree, it isn't a bad Gish.

Yep

Goldfly
2010-05-16, 09:43 AM
Does the change shape fits the pre-requisite?

Under the Warshaper prerequisites, it specifically includes the Raksasha's Change Shape ability.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-16, 12:17 PM
Are there any prestige class appart from Abjurant champion that has full bab and offerrs 10/10 spellcasting?

Ferrin
2010-05-16, 12:21 PM
You might want to take one level of Spellsword from CW for the 10% arcane spell failure, then take 4 levels in a mid bab full caster class. Will cost you one BAB though, but you allready have 4 attacks by then. Will get you 9th level spells that way.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-16, 12:31 PM
You might want to take one level of Spellsword from CW for the 10% arcane spell failure, then take 4 levels in a mid bab full caster class. Will cost you one BAB though, but you allready have 4 attacks by then. Will get you 9th level spells that way.

What class do you suggest? sacred exorcist sounds like the best option but I am nor sure how I can explain that IG

Ferrin
2010-05-16, 12:44 PM
Fatespinner from Complete Arcane would be my first choice, it has a poor bab, but that doesnt matter as much compared to the abilities it gives you. After all, what is a +2 attack bonus compared to the abilities it grants?

Unseen Seer from Complete Mage is another good choice, 3/4 bab, full caster progression and 6 skill points/level.

*.*.*.*
2010-05-16, 01:21 PM
Unseen Seer from Complete Mage is another good choice, 3/4 bab, full caster progression and 6 skill points/level.

Take a one level dip into Dragon slayer if you need another point of bab

This may help:
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7230.0

Ferrin
2010-05-16, 01:25 PM
Take a one level dip into Dragon slayer if you need another point of bab

This may help:
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7230.0

Problem is that you'd still lose 1 or 2 bab after taking the dragonslayer, and the spellsword is easier to enter. If you want 18/20 caster levels that is