PDA

View Full Version : Batman Vs. McGuyver

chibibar
2006-06-02, 05:09 PM
Now here is something... :)

We have Batman who can beat almost anyone (one on one in my book) with proper planning

but then we have McGuyver who can make anything out of anything with about 2 minutes of planning... when fighting against each other... who would win?

Edit: I think McGuyver might win this one with a stick, a chewing-gum and a piece of string.

sun_tzu
2006-06-02, 05:20 PM
For all of Macgyver's coolness, Batman's modern incarnation has all his intelligence and way more fighting skills. Batman wins - but, if BOTH have enough time to prepare, the battle will be a memorable event.

Dags
2006-06-02, 05:25 PM
But, you forget that Mac can use said Chewing Gun to make himself a kinetic energy absorbtion suit. Then he can beat Batman's arse with the stick and tie him up with the string.

charik
2006-06-02, 08:47 PM
The Man who Possesses Every Gadget vs The Man who can Improvise Every Gadget? I think Sun Tzu understands the art of war: Batman wins any improvised fight because Mac has to spend some time on his Craft(gadget) skill check.

Holy_Knight
2006-06-02, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I will hand this to Batman, even though MacGyver is a very worthy opponent. Here's something even better, though: What if they teamed up? They'd be unstoppable! :D

DarthTurtle
2006-06-03, 12:09 AM
Batman wins if he has access to his resources. McGuyver wins if he has access to any resources.
McGuyver wins.

sun_tzu
2006-06-03, 04:40 AM
Yeah, I will hand this to Batman, even though MacGyver is a very worthy opponent. Here's something even better, though: What if they teamed up? They'd be unstoppable! :D

I'd watch/read that.

Gnorosch
2006-06-03, 04:55 AM
When they only have a short time, McGuyver wins, because he can build an orbital control laser using a spoon, a wire and a broken window. Batman would have to place an order in his factories first, which would take slightly longer.

Medium term, Batman would have an advantage because he simply can produce gadets faster.

On a really long term plan, the match would be even, because both would have built all gadets they might need - while Batman might have more, McGuyver could improve anything on the fly. (Assuming they are not fighting in a stadium but in a labyrinth or something)

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-06-03, 04:57 AM
Both have appeared on The Simpsons. Not together, of course.

This begs the question: which is scarier, a Joker trap or being held captive in the apartment of a couple of crazed middle-aged spinster fans? ;D

Rex_Hondo
2006-06-04, 03:58 AM

Hah, I can see that. Bruce Wayne meets MacGyver at a Phoenix Foundation fund raiser. Mac and Bats have to team up to defeat the unholy alliance of the Joker and Murdock.

chibibar
2006-06-06, 04:56 PM
I think it would be scary to see MacGuyver and Batman team up.

MacGuyver can make stuff using "household" items... can you imagine what he can do with Batman's stuff?

Maryring
2006-06-06, 05:57 PM
Unfortunately, the answer is yes.

Korith
2006-06-06, 06:43 PM
Unfortunately, the answer is yes.
Oh? And here I was thinking that it was absolutely, most definately maybe