PDA

View Full Version : M&M 2e: Character Creation Psychic Foothold

bue52
2010-05-16, 10:38 AM
I was looking through the the Mutants and Masterminds powers, and I was wondering, is there a way I can have a super whose power is telekinesis, and one of the powers is to have a telekinetic foothold. Allow him to jump further (Like a spring board) or create a feather fall like effect. What feats or/and powers should I take?

Green Bean
2010-05-16, 10:58 AM
Take Telekinesis, Leaping, and Super Movement (Slow Fall). It's a very versatile system.

AlterForm
2010-05-16, 11:00 AM
Footholds, super-leaping, and slow-falling will all likely fall under Super-Movement, bought as sub-powers to a base power. Telekinesis will be the base power. Depending on whether you want footholds and telekinesis at the same time, you have two options.

Linking the powers (p112, Core Rules) allows you to use telekinesis at the same time as the other powers, literally; it lets you spend one action to use both powers at once. If the secondary powers are all movement-based, this is likely not worth it since you wind up paying for the powers in full but would have to use a standard(?) action to use the telekinesis/sub-power pair.

Taking the secondary powers as Alternate Powers (p108, Core Rules) allows you to "swap" the various powers in terms of which is active. That is, you could use Telekinesis one turn and then Telekinetic Footholds the second. However, unless you make a separate Alternate Power Array with a mixed point distribution (best explained on Ultimate Power p109), you won't be able to shuffle from one to the other and back on the same turn. Alternate Powers are the bread and butter of themed power sets.

Also:

"Footholds": Super-Movement (Air Walking)
Super-Leaping: Leaping
Slow-Falling: Super-Movement (Slow Fall)

bue52
2010-05-17, 04:24 AM
Oh okay, thanks.
Also, where'd u get the new pokemon art from?