PDA

View Full Version : Kage Walker, He of the Shadow hand. (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

Jair Barik
2010-05-16, 12:04 PM
Wulnis has requested that you meet him atop the roof of the house which caused you such grief all those years ago. He is not the most patient of men and is at times quite hard upon you but what he does he does for your own good. This you have come to accept. You have never known precisely why he has taken an interest in your life and career but he is a powerful ally and respected amongst the guild. The building is now quite delapedated and just as abondoned as it always was. The rooftop is a shambles and emerging out onto it you cannot see Wulnis. The evening is fast approaching and it is the coolest part of the day. The dying rays of the sun cast shadows across the city, the great towers stretching their dark others across the lower reaches. Wulnis has promised you that he will train you hard and train you fast so that you might enter into the guild. He has not elaborated on what this training will consist of but knowing him your life could very well be put into mortal peril.

"Quit gazing into the sun and pay attention. You have lessons to learn boy." Wulnis voice is cold and hard behind you, snapping as if you have done something wrong.

He has appeared behind you without you noticing (a trick that he is annoyingly fond of) and as far as you were aware you got here before him. He is unarmoured and has only a quaterstaff for a weapon.

Imbasel
2010-05-16, 12:10 PM
Kage shudders in surprise when his mentor arrived. He thought to himself " How does he do that? Maybe, one day he will teach me. I'll probably have to meet him on the mats though and fight him again, before I do." Kage bows in front of his mentor and says " I'm sorry. It has been a long time since I was here.. it brings up old memories. Anyway, enough of that why is it that I am here? Am I to receive my first contract?"

Jair Barik
2010-05-16, 12:27 PM
Wulnis throws back a laugh.

"Contract? No. Your work has certainly impressed the guild but they do not see you as ready for a contract yet. You are here for training so that you may someday be trusted with a contract. Takes things one step at a time boy and you will get a contract of your own quickly enough, but until then you will heed my lessons and follow my example! Understood?"

((OOC: Spoken thoughts can be done in italics without speach marks, OOC coments can be done like this))

Imbasel
2010-05-16, 12:29 PM
Kage replies back, in a slightly wounded tone " Understood sir, what would you have me do?"

Jair Barik
2010-05-16, 12:34 PM
Wulnis smiles.

"Do? Nothing at the moment. I would however have you learn. Lesson one. Balance." Wulnis strikes his staff downwards into the roof and you hear a beam splinter. The tiles become uneven and start to fall apart and slide away.

((DC 15 balance check please))

Imbasel
2010-05-16, 12:37 PM
Kage looks at Wulnis and swears, as the tiles on the building begin to fall. He smiles however, as he find his center of balance. He remains steady and looks at him, slightly surprised. He has a big grin on his face from staying up.

(( [roll0] ))

Jair Barik
2010-05-16, 12:44 PM
"Adequate."

Wulnis jumps down a hole in the roof and drops into the darkened room below.

((OOC: do you want to stick a link to your sheet into your sig for easy access?))

Imbasel
2010-05-16, 12:52 PM
Kage, gives a grim smile and peers down into the darkness below. With, one hand he reaches down and grabs the edge of the whole. He then drops down into the darkness trying to see where, his mentor is.

(( I don't know if I'm allowed to use both tumble and jump to reduce the height I fall down intentionally. If not please use just my tumble check
Jump [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Tumble [roll2] ))

Jair Barik
2010-05-16, 01:03 PM
You hit the floor and go into a roll that prevents you from being injured by the drop. The room is dark. Looking around you can't see Wulnis but a red beetle like creature roughly the size of a dog scitters towards you and slkams into you (7 damage) Wulnis steps out of nowhere on the other side of the creature (your go).

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Imbasel
2010-05-16, 01:19 PM
Kage, groans in pain as the beetle slams against him. He grabs his side in pain, and darkness surrounds him. He takes out his short sword, and with lightning fast movement jabs it towards the creature.

(( Child of Shadow, as a swift action grant's me total concealment as long as I move 10 feet or more each round. I will attack with my short sword, and then move back further into the darkness 20 feet away.

Attack Roll:

Damage Roll: [roll] 1d6+6

Roll to Confirm critical if I get it: [roll1]))

If I hit could you please roll damage for me its 1d6+6

Jair Barik
2010-05-16, 01:25 PM
the creatures carapace deflects your blow and it darts forwards to attack a second time as you slink into the shadows. This time though you easily dodge the blow, the creature hitting wide of its target.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] high=hits

(what maneuvers have you readied?)
(OOC:First attack and it rolls nat 20 followed by max damage. Be thankful it didn't confirm on its critical)

Imbasel
2010-05-16, 01:39 PM
Kage, smiles despite the blood pouring forth from his side. This was his fight his battle. His blade grows a sudden chill and it strikes out against the creature.

(( Readied are Clinging Shadow Stirke, Shadow Blade Technique, Blistering Flourish, Wolf Fang Strike. I will use Clinging Shadow strike on the creature.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]
Critical Roll if nat 19 or 20: [roll2]
Clinging Strike Damage if it hits: [roll3]
If it it must also succeed on a DC 12 Fortitude Save, or suffer a 20% miss chance on all melee and ranged attacks for 1 round.
I only have 1 hit point left so I hope this hits.))

Jair Barik
2010-05-16, 01:47 PM
Your blade strikes true and the creature is shrouded in shadows. It strikes out at you again in rage but misses leaving itself open to another attack. (your turn)

[roll0] fort save

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] high hits
[roll4] high hits (if fort save fails)

Imbasel
2010-05-16, 01:57 PM
Kage, laughs aloud enjoying the delight of battle, and his own skill with a blade. For a moment, his blade seems to shine bright red, and then it comes crashing down upon the beetle.

((Will use Blistering Flourish to attack the creature. If I succeed I will move 15 feet away into a dark corner, and will use my hide and move silently skills to hide in the dark. Also, since I forgot I will acivate Dodge granting me a +1 dodge bonus against the creature.

Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Damage Roll: [roll2]
Hide Check: [roll3]
Move Silently Check: [roll4]
Also it must succeed on a DC 12 Fortitude save or be dazzled for 1 minute.

Jair Barik
2010-05-16, 02:05 PM
You strike the creature cleaving its shell in two. It hits the ground and seems to evaporate into a fine mist. A burst of positive energy hits you from the shadows mending your wounds and Wulnis steps forwards.

"Impressive. Once you got your bearings you managed to hold your own. Next time try not to let your enemy get the drop on you so easily. It may interest you to know that we are not alone in here. Something is waiting for you downstairs. Happy hunting."

Wulnis leans against the wall and watches the stairs down, waiting to see what you do.

You gain 150xp

Imbasel
2010-05-16, 02:10 PM
Kage looks at Wulnis and says Could I get any information on what's downstairs? Or is it supposed to be a lovely wrapped up surprise?

Jair Barik
2010-05-16, 02:16 PM
Wulnis smiles.
"Less lip boy. Its true that you will be told what your going to be killing when your pulling contracts but remember just because the contract says one nobleman, that doesn't necessarily mean he won't have a retinue of guards sitting with him in his chamber when you burst in through the window expecting a nice easy kill."

Imbasel
2010-05-16, 02:27 PM
Kage nods saying Fair enough then, I'll come back up when I'm done. Kage is once again surrounded by darkness and he slowly keeps his short sword ready to fight if need be. He goes down the stairs slowly in the darkness looking all around him. When he reaches the bottom he listens closely into the black.

(( I will keep my stance up, and have also kept my short sword drawn. I will roll Hide and Move Silently to be stealthy down the stairs. The spot and listen checks at the bottom are if I can see or hear anything before I go down there.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

Jair Barik
2010-05-16, 02:35 PM
You creep down the stairs like the shadows you emulate. Before you reach the foot of the stairs you hear something chittering and moving about near the door out. Looking into the room you see what appears to be a rat whose body is on fire. Small gouts of smoke rise from its body filling the air about it. Looking around carefully you spot a second rate hiding in one corner.

[roll0] MS
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4] Spot
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7] listen
[roll8]

Imbasel
2010-05-16, 02:42 PM
Kage looks around confused thinking Why, the hell is a rat on fire, here? Something, or somebody else is here. Also, why is that rat hiding, it must be afraid of something

Kage, creeps along the wall slowly away from the hiding rat, looking for the original source of the fire, or if somebody is in the room.

(( I don't know if I need new move silently or hide rolls or a new spot check. If I do please roll for me. Also, whats the general layout of the room?))

Jair Barik
2010-05-16, 02:49 PM
You cannot see anyone else in the room but closer inspection reveals a small carrying box of metal in one corner. The front of this cage appears to be open.

The room is 30ft by 20ft, with the door out in the centre of the long wall and the stairs leading off of the far corner. A few other doors lead out too but these are closed. The room is relatively dark. One of the rats is directly by the door gnawing on the wood, the other is 20ft directly ahead of you in the corner. The box is at the furthest corner away from you.

Imbasel
2010-05-16, 03:00 PM
Kage, move slowly and silently and moves picks up one of his daggers. With a lightning fast throw he throws it at the rat at the floor, that's 10 feet away from him.

(( My idea basically is to kill a rat, and then toss it on the crate to see if there are any traps there. Also, I will move 10 feet closer to the rat that is in the corner, and then throw the knife. I will apply my dodge bonus to that rat in case it lives, or I miss.

Damage Roll: [roll1]
Sneak Attack Damage if applicable: [roll2]

Jair Barik
2010-05-16, 03:07 PM
You through your dagger but it hits the ground missing the rat. The rat notices however and moves towards you attempting to gnaw at you with its teeth, you easily dodge this pathetic effort though and come to no harm. A third rat emerges from the shadows that you hadn't noticed before and flames fly fromits mouth in your direction once it is about 10ft away, these scald you painfully (3 damage). The final rat also advances to about 10ft and its flames look dead on to hit you but it loses sight of you amid the shadows and misses.

((Your round, on all subsequent attacks roll 1d100 in addition to everything else))

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]

[roll4] [roll5] [roll6] high hits
[roll7] [roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11] [roll12]

Imbasel
2010-05-16, 03:15 PM
Kage, shouts as hot red fire, bathes his arms. He takes out his short sword, and flourishes it, and then runs towards the creature that attacked him and strikes hard and fast.

((Will Attack the rat that just hit him.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll2]

Jair Barik
2010-05-16, 03:30 PM
You rip the rat a new one with incredible gusto. Guts and smoky ichor flying out of its small form across the room. As you head towards it one of the rats makes a bite at you but misses, confused by your shadowy form. The same rat then proceeds to hit you though with a gout of flame (3 damage) and the third rat moves to take a bite but its attempt fails.

(your go)

[roll0]

[roll1] [roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5] [roll6]
[roll7] [roll8] [roll9]

Imbasel
2010-05-16, 03:40 PM
Kage, grimaces in pain as he body is surrounded by scalding heat again. He quickly draws a dagger and throws it at the rat that just threw flame. The blade moves perfectly through the air and moves to strike at the rats neck.

((Will move 15 feet away, and hop over the rail for the stairs if possible. Will then throw a dagger towards that rat that just hurt him. Will now apply dodge bonus to the one that just hit me with flames.

Damage Roll: [roll2]

Jair Barik
2010-05-16, 03:56 PM
Your dagger drops the rat and the final one tries in vain but fails to hit you with its flames.

(your go)

[roll0]
[roll1] [roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5] [roll6]

Imbasel
2010-05-16, 04:51 PM
Kage scowls at the flame throwing rat. He creeps back into the darkness and hides. He goes back to the first dagger he threw and picks it up. He smiles and throws it at the last rat for a final blow.

((. Will move to the first dagger thrown and pick it up presuming it's not next to the last rat. Then I will move within 10 feet of the other rat and throw the dagger for a sneak attack

Attack roll: [roll0]
Crit to confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Sneak attack: [roll3]
Hide check: [roll4]
Move Silently: [roll5]
Wow, horrible rolls.

Jair Barik
2010-05-16, 05:10 PM
Thankfully the rats attempts to bite you to death are just as ineffective as your own attempts to kill it.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

((How are you trying to get sneak attack? You can't hide in plane sight without the ability))

Imbasel
2010-05-16, 05:22 PM
Kage swears violently as his dagger misses. He runs forth with his short sword and slashes at the rats neck for a killing blow.

((. I did a sneak attack because I thought hiding in the darkness in the room might work, my bad for not double checking first

Crit confirm: [roll1]
Damage roll: [roll2]

Jair Barik
2010-05-17, 03:17 AM
Your final blow finishes the last of the rats leaving three still burning corpses scattered about the room.

Imbasel
2010-05-17, 10:00 AM
Kage pauses for a moment surveying the room around him. So much for a feared assassin, he was almost killed by rats. With a quicky motion he pulls his dagger out of the rats corpse and grabs the other one. He then looks at the box on the other side of the room. He walks to within 10 feet of it and gently tosses his dagger to it, to see if there is a motion trap. He then goes to it, and quickly begins picking the lock, with his thieves tools sighing, all the while.

(( Search Check for traps: [roll0]
Disable device if trap found: [roll]1d20+6/roll]
Open Lock check if there is a lock: [roll1]

Jair Barik
2010-05-17, 10:10 AM
The box is neither trapped nor locked. It appears to be a carrying case the kind of which you have seen animal trainers carrying smaller pets and creatures. Unlike many though this one has no windows, only a small air vent, and the cage door is completely solid with only a pull away slit of metal for viewing the contents of the box. The inside has some animal droppings and the metal is in several places slightly burnt.

Imbasel
2010-05-17, 10:41 AM
Kage shakes his head at the cage before him. I've heard of a trial, by fire before, but this takes it to a whole new level.. Kage picks up his dagger and tucks it into his belt smiling. He quickly walk up the stairs and says to Wulnis Well, I've heard the expression made out of hot stuff before. I didn't think I would ever find it however.

Jair Barik
2010-05-17, 10:53 AM
Your words are wasted unfortunately as it appears Wulnis is not here anymore. The upper flow is completely empty. A sharp banging sound rises up from downstairs. Somebody is knocking heavily at the door. There are windows on all of the floors but these are at the moment boarded up quite poorly.

Imbasel
2010-05-17, 11:07 AM
Kage walk upstairs expecting Wulnis to be there, only to find nothing. I hate it when he does that. I'll just have to go back to the, guild then.. All thoughts of this were banished as Kage heard a loud banging behind the door. Crouching down he immersed himself in darkness. Quickly drawing both daggers he moves silently to the top of the stairs.

((. Will wait on the top of the stairs crouched down so I can see the door. Will ready an action to throw a dagger if somebody comes up the stairs, and they seem hostile.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Jair Barik
2010-05-17, 11:12 AM
The knocking continues and then a tough sounding man shouts through the door.

"This is the city guard! Somebody has reported a case of the illegal trafficing of magical creatures through this residence! Open up or we will enter by force!"

Imbasel
2010-05-17, 11:24 AM
Kage rolled his eyes, of course the city guard would show up. No point, in killing them however. That would just lead to bodies and more guards. Quickly moving back into the other room he grabbed his grappling hook. With a well practiced throw he throws it through the whole he had jumped through. Quickly, climbing it wreathed in shadows he was back on the roof, crouched low, after putting it into his bacpack.

(( I will use the grappling hook to leave, also what time is it? Could I also please have a description of the area around the rooftop.

Use Rope to throw hook: [roll0]
Climb up rope: [roll1]

Jair Barik
2010-05-17, 11:29 AM
With a little effort you make it onto the roof. Down below you can see at least two heavily armoured and four lightly armoured guards at the door. They appear to be preparing to break it down. The evening light shines on the building and the nearest rooftop from here is a ten foot jump. Straight ahead. There are however no obvious rooftops to progress to from that building as the surrounding houses are taller than it. On the other side of the house is a building that is only a 15ft jump away. This would take you directly over the guards but the houses adjoining this building are nice and close together. Finally there is another houes directly back to back with this one . It is the same route you ran all those years ago but since then it appears the house owner has set up spikes along the rooftop to deter birds. After that though it would appear to be a clean run though the buildings further on are in a sorry state.

Imbasel
2010-05-17, 11:48 AM
Kage looks at the situation, before him and it does not look good. There were too many guards for him to take out. One surely, two perhaps. There is no way however he could take out all six of them. Looking at the building 15 feet ahead of him he gets an idea. He readies his grappling hook ready to throw it to the other side once, the guards enter.

((. Kage will throw the grappling hook to the building 15 feet away once the guards enter the building. He will then grab it and hang onto it upside down crawling to the other side. He will do this if there's no more then 1 guard outside. If there's more then one guard he will jump to the building 10 feet away and then use his silk rope to climb down into an alleyway. He will then slowly move along for 10 minutes using the less known streets and then going back to the guild.

Use rope check to throw hook: [roll0]
climb check across line: [roll1]
If needed will take a 10 on jump check to other building if he can't use the hook for a 15 which should just allow me to clear it.
Climb check down building using silk rope: [roll2]

Jair Barik
2010-05-17, 11:53 AM
The guards bash down the door and all but one of them enters leaving one of the heavily armoured guards outside. You slowly creep along the rooftop and manage to latch your grappling hook to the otherbuilding, securing it on this side as well alowing you to cross to the other roof. You make it onto the other roof but then the guard calls out.

"There he is! On the rooftops! Get him!"

Imbasel
2010-05-17, 12:05 PM
Kage swears and grabs his hook and puts it on his waist. Racing he goes from building to building until the guards are out of sight, jumping from roof to roof.

(( my stance is still up so hopefully that will help me. I will run until out of sight and then use my rope to slip down to the ground. Then I will go back to the guild after making sure nobody is following me.

Balance check across roofs if needed: [roll0]
jump checks across roof if needed: [roll1]
climb check down building using rope: [roll2]
spot check to see if being followed near guild: [roll3]

Jair Barik
2010-05-17, 12:12 PM
((Are you leaving the rope behind?))

Imbasel
2010-05-17, 12:16 PM
(( I will take back both the rope and grappling hook after I use them))

Jair Barik
2010-05-17, 12:22 PM
By the time you have managed to get the rope detatched safely from this side the first of the lightly armoured guards has made it to the rooftop. It doesn't appear as though the heavy armoured guard has any means of hitting you from the ground as he only has a halberd.

Imbasel
2010-05-17, 12:31 PM
Kage withdraws one of his daggers and with a lightning fast throw throws it. It spins perfectly towards, the guard hopefully killing him.

((. If the dagger drops the guard Kage will run on the rooftops as mentioned before. I will wall apply my dodge bonus against him so my effective ac is 17

Crit confirm: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]

Jair Barik
2010-05-17, 04:32 PM
The dagger hits the man in the chest and he recoils in pain but he appears to still be standing. He collapses to the ground but calls out for help from his allies. As you speed across the rooftops you hear the thud of a crossbow bolt hitting the ground behind you. Two of the guards have pulled out crossbows and are taking long shots at you from their positions on the rough but a third is spriniting across the roofs himself in hot pursuit. Thankfully your lead on him is pretty good and he appears to have spent some time jumping the first gap.

Imbasel
2010-05-17, 04:37 PM
Kage continues to run along quickly, and see's a man in hot pursuit. He frowns and runs faster, outrunning the wind itself.

((Will use double movement to go at 60 feet per round, and will now apply dodge bonus to the man chasing me.))

Jair Barik
2010-05-17, 04:46 PM
You are outrunning the man but as you move further and further on your are slowly running out of roof. Sooner or later the line of buildings will end or the next building along will be taller than this one. As you move there are a number of side alleys adjacent to the buildings you move over. A few times there are adjacent roofs on the other side of the building which you could head over and in some cases there are balconies or even cloth shades that sit just over the edge of the building that you could potentially drop down onto.

Imbasel
2010-05-17, 04:54 PM
Kage, looks at one of the cloth shades Aww, what the hell, life couldn't get any worse anyway. With that he takes a moment to prepare himself, and leaps. He expertly lands upon the cloth and goes off it. He then goes onto the ground mingling with the crowd, making his way to the guild.

((Tumble check to go onto one of the cloth shades, to reduce fall damage if applicable, and the hide to hide among the crowd

Tumble: [roll0]
Hide Check: [roll1]

Jair Barik
2010-05-17, 05:02 PM
You hit several shades on the way down each cushioning your fall. You quickly disappear into the crowd and are lost from sight. This sort of thing is commonplace round this parts, people in the eighth quarter hardly care for the guard anyway. When you finally make it back to the guild house it is getting dark. Wulnis is standing outside waiting for you.

"Three dead cinder rats, a wounded guardsman and a decent enough escape. Good enough. Next time though the guards shouldn't even know you had been there. If that was an assasination they could likely scry you using the dagger you left in the last one. Still, early days."

Imbasel
2010-05-17, 05:04 PM
Kage nods and says I will keep that in mind, master. Obviously, leaving behind my blade in a guard, wasn't desirable. However, after fighting the rats I didn't want to gamble with my chances of surviving a fight. What, would you have me do now?

Jair Barik
2010-05-17, 05:16 PM
Wulnis ushers you inside. A few of the guys are sitting around some of them gambling a few eating. The don't pay you much notice. Three of them are playing darts using knives.

Wulnis brings you over to the main table where a plate of food is waiting for each of you. He tucks into his own but before he starts eating asks a question.

"Tell me. What would you have done differently if today I had told you to kill a man living in that house. If I told you he should be dead within a weeks time. What would you have done?"

Imbasel
2010-05-17, 05:26 PM
Kage sits back and pauses for a moment and looks at Wulnis in the eye's while slowing eating. He swallows his first piece of food and says Here is a short list of things I would do. First, and foremost I would find out his schedule. I would find out who he contacts, and what his daily lifestyle is like. After, that I would do my own research to find out the mans abilities and see where his weaknesses were. If he had guards, while they would be a problem they would be relatively easy to take out, if I knew what they could do.

Once, I knew everything about the man I would commence with the actual assassination. I would sneak into his house when he was gone and put a contact poison on his doorknob to his room. The poison would work slowly, and make the man fall unconscious. Then it would be a simple knife to the throat and he would be dead. This is of course, only one possiblity and would change, once I knew more about the person. Also, their social status will make a difference. Somebody living in that section of the city will most likely not be a noble of some sort, or somebody important. If, it was somebody important then I would have to devise of some tragic accident for the poor fellow. Unless, of course the contract didn't specify subtly.

Kage looks at Wulnis and says That is of course just one way there are hundreds of other permutations, and knowing more about the target, would change things.

Jair Barik
2010-05-17, 05:43 PM
Wulnis nods.

"Inetersting choice but what if he notices that he is feeling groggy before the poison fully takes hold? He could call out his guards or for a doctor or some such. Why not slip in whilst he is asleep and go from there? Of course I once new a master assassin we called Grish the Conflagarant. Would walk into a room and blow the place to pieces in a storm of fire. No subtelty but very effective. A thousand ways to kill a man each with its own flaws. Now tell me. What do you do if somebody has tipped off the guards before hand and the city watch know your going to strike. They send round a group of men who come in to investigate and catch you red handed in the middle of the act. What then?"

Imbasel
2010-05-17, 06:12 PM
Kage pauses and says At that point the need for subtlety would be gone. I would kill the target and then light of smoke sticks and make my escape.

Jair Barik
2010-05-18, 02:59 AM
"And if whenyou got back to the guild you found the man who had set you up and he sits directly in front of you as you are eating. What do you do then?"

Imbasel
2010-05-18, 09:38 AM
Kage smiles grimly Well, that would depend on who it was. If it was someone more powerful I would remember and take action when I was more powerful. It would be something of equal lethality. If less powerful, it would be a lovely accident. Of course if it was a test I would appreciate it, and relish the challenge.

Jair Barik
2010-05-18, 10:21 AM
"Good. My personal favourite is always to congratulate them on a good attempt but that next time they should try harder. Death within the guild is not uncommon bt try to keep it out of sight. Also the most important rule is never pay for a job on another assassin. If you can't kill them yourself then you certainly don't deserve to be here so don't try getting somebody else to do it for you."

Imbasel
2010-05-18, 10:25 AM
Kage smiles rolling his shoulders around and then says What should I do now master. My bones are hurting and I'm covered in burns.

(( Sorry, if this seems to be annoying but were the rats worth any xp?

Jair Barik
2010-05-18, 11:16 AM
Wulnis draws out a wand and taps you with it healing your wounds.

"Go get some sleep and think on what you have learned. This is only the start of your training."

(you gain 900xp pushing you into level 2. This will happen when you rest. Please make a note of what changes you make with the level up in a spoiler in your next post)

Imbasel
2010-05-18, 11:58 AM
(( Thanks for the experiance. I'm away from my books right now so I can't update my sheet until I get home. Is it ok, if we continue as long as it is just rping? Also, how should I do hp.

Jair Barik
2010-05-18, 12:35 PM
(HP are averaged. So for this level it will be half the value of your highest HD+1+con modifier. Level after it will be half HD+con then half+1+con and so on. Happy to continue RPing for the time being. The rats were CR 1 each but I weakened them slightly adding in the guards to even up the reduced strength of the rats without killing you)

Imbasel
2010-05-18, 12:42 PM
. Thank you master for the grainy and healing. I shall not forget it.. With a bow to his master he wearily trudges to his small bed. His head rests for but a moment, and he falls asleep.

((. Will sleep until morning. If nothing wakes me I will go out into the mess hall.))

Jair Barik
2010-05-18, 01:33 PM
Heading down to the messhall in the morning you see it is, as it often is, emptier than it was last night. One of the assassins has just returned from his nights work with a fe gashes in his armour and wounds in his skin. One of the older assassins is sitting at the table. A man by the name of Tevius Klark. Tevius has the general appearance of an assassin, face mask, dark cloak and clothing, more knives than you'd expect necessary about his person and so on, but a number of features distinguish him from the normal lot. First and foremose his clothes are a mix of dark and tan brown, a combination he swears by stating that in the middle of the desert or running through streets of white stone buildings nothing makes you more obvious than a full set of black clothing. Secondly he has a large hooped earing in his right ear, the ring has a number of ornaments and trophies attatched to it and has been in his flesh so long the two appear almost bonded to one another.

As you come down he turns and addresses you.
"'Bout time you got up. Wulnis had a word with me last night. Wants me to show you some stuff, teach you a few things, maybe get you killed from the sound of it."

Imbasel
2010-05-18, 02:38 PM
Kage groans as he saw Tevius, walk towards him. That of course, could be nothing good. And of course it, wasn't. Kage bows slightly in front of the assassin, and says Figures, we would get started in the morning. What is it that Wulnis wants me to do. I'll accept whatever challenge you give to me. Whatever, it is I will do it to the best of my skills.

((character sheet updated http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=208051))

Jair Barik
2010-05-18, 04:08 PM
((OOC:You get an extra stance as well at level 2))

"He wants me to teach you some special things that some guys forget in our trade. Don't worry about the morning light baking your brains though. We will be going underground for these lessons."

Imbasel
2010-05-18, 04:16 PM
Kage nods his head and says When do these, lessons start? I am ready to go when you are.

(( Updated my sheet to Step of the Wind for my new stance))

Jair Barik
2010-05-18, 04:53 PM
"Soon as your ready we can head out to the right spot and go into the sewers. I'll warn you now though that its not the most pleasent smell in the world."

Imbasel
2010-05-18, 05:03 PM
Kage, gives a brisk nod and says I am ready now to continue my training. I hope the sewers don't stink, as much as my puns, however.

(( My maneuvers readied are Burning Blade, Blistering Flourish, Clinging Shadow Strike, and Mighty Throw.))

Jair Barik
2010-05-19, 03:58 AM
"Good."

Tevius leads you out of the guildhouse and through the streets, eventually coming to a blind alley in which there is a manhole cover. The alley is empty and looking around carefully to make sure that nobody is watching Tevius slides it off and climbs down into the sewers.

"Follow my lead and make sure to close the cover behind you." he calls back up.

As he descends Tevius strikes something against the wall of the pipe illuminating the ladder inside.

Imbasel
2010-05-19, 06:29 AM
Kage smiles grimly as the assassin goes down the manhole. Quickly, following him he goes slightly, down the ladder. He grabs the cover and slides it back into place with a loud thud. He climbs down the ladder and stands at the base of it.

Jair Barik
2010-05-19, 06:40 AM
The ladder goes down pretty deep. At the bottom is a narrow tunnel about ankle deep in slimey sewage. Both of you have to stoop herre and fighting would be difficult.

"Okay then. Time for us to get started. You will go ahead and I will follow to make sure nothing 'too' bad happens to you. First off we will be heading down that way then through the first chamber.and carrying on till the next chamber I will be watching you to see how you do, understood?"

Tevius points down the sewer. The pipe appears to continue on into the darkness further than you can make out.

Imbasel
2010-05-19, 08:47 AM
Kage smiled and says Alright, then I love a challenge.. Kage withdraws his short sword and wraps himself in darkness. He trudges through the water slowly.

((. Will use my child of the shadows stance moving at 15 feet per round.

Hide check: [roll0]
Move Silently check: [roll1]
Spot check: [roll2]
Listen check: [roll3]

Jair Barik
2010-05-19, 09:52 AM
Stepping through the sludge with Tevius drifting behind you like a second shadow you eventually come to the first chamber about 20ft wide and 40ft long. A few steps lead down into a pool of sewage that spans the length of the room. At the far side of the room a similar set of steps lead back out and into another pipe akin to that you entered through. A thin foot wide ledge runs along one of the walls and a few smaller pipes potrude out of the other dripping sludge into the pool. Is is unclear where this then leaves the room but it doesn't seem as though the 'water' is rising at all.

Imbasel
2010-05-19, 10:30 AM
Kage slowly edges towards the edge of the room. Slowly, he goes to the ledge and begins making his way to the other side

(( Balance check: [roll0]

Jair Barik
2010-05-19, 10:54 AM
You cross to the other side of the room and Tevius follows you. The passage leads on further into the darkness ahead.

Imbasel
2010-05-19, 11:07 AM
Kage starts to creep into the impending darkness. His short sword twirls in his fingers.

((

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1] ))

Jair Barik
2010-05-19, 11:14 AM
Your eyes have trouble adjusting to the dark and were it not for the illumination provided by whatever it was that Tevius has light you may have fallen into the second chamber. it takes a little while to get there but the second chamber is cylnidrical in shape and seems to lack any floor. A number of small ledges protrude from the edges of the chamber lower down, two of which are within jumping reach, one to your left and one to your right. You can't really see how far the chamber goes down, or any obvious exit but water is dripping in from above, a thick metal grate directly above you.

Imbasel
2010-05-19, 11:59 AM
Kage smiles and reaches into his backpack. Pulling out his silk rope, he quickly ties it of to the grate. He then let's go of the rope letting it gp downwards. Grabbing it he slowly climbs his way, down the rope, to the bottom.

(( I will take on 10 for my climb and use rope check to tie to the grate for a 20 and 15 respectively.))

Jair Barik
2010-05-19, 05:00 PM
Descending the rope you eventually come to the ground. You didn't see any exits during your descent but now you are at the bottom of the pit there is another passage just large enough for you to travel leading off of here as well as several smaller passages that aren't big enough to allow you passage.

Imbasel
2010-05-19, 05:43 PM
Kage, wipes his brow with his hand. He feels the moisture, gather and thinks Lovely now I am going to have to take a shower. Nothing screams, I'm not impersonating a noble, like the sweat from hard work. Oh well.. He looks back at the rope, now hanging in the air and says to Tevius Are we coming back through here? Just asking, because that rope cost me a pretty penny unless.. Kage goes to the rope and starts pulling on it. After he pulls on it, he slowly starts to make his way through, the encroaching darkness. The lone passage he can walk through beckons to him and, he heeds its call.

((Ok, I don't know if this is possible, but hopefully it will work. I want to try and do a rope trick like in LOTR the Two Towers, where they tug on the rope, and it falls down.

Use Rope Check: [roll0]

EDIT: And natural 1, figures. If, I can take 10 on it by spending more time for a total of 15 to get it down, then great. If not then, once I start making money besides getting a dagger I'll need silk rope too.

Jair Barik
2010-05-20, 03:22 AM
For the time being Tevius doesn't answer you. You eventually manage to get your rope down and then continue on through the passage. Strangely this passage gradually becomes less and less like a sewer until finally it ends in a hewn stone door as the passage squares off and becomes larger. You assume you have also been travelling at a slight angle as the floor has now dried out.

Imbasel
2010-05-20, 05:06 AM
Kage moves along the dark hallway solely seeing everything. The hewn stone seemed to leap out to him saying . Something is down here, or perhaps someone. Nothing like this is natural, so my bet is some dwarfs, built this or some other creature. That would also, explain the small passageways, earlier.

((Will continue among the passageway until I see or hear something.
Spot check: [roll0]
Listen check: [roll1]
Move Silently check: [roll2]
Hide check: [roll3]

EDIT: The results for my move silently and hide checks, should be 5 higher each, because I have a +8 modifier not a + 3.))

Jair Barik
2010-05-20, 06:47 AM
((The passage has ended at a stone door as stated in my last post, when I said small passages earlier I meant really small, as in too small for a halfling to go through.))

Imbasel
2010-05-20, 07:34 AM
Kage grimly opens the door slowly, and winces as he hear it creaks.

(( sorry about the confusion, the post said stone down so I thought it was stone all the way))

Jair Barik
2010-05-20, 07:58 AM
Attempting to push the door open you hear a click before you can finish and darts spray out of the wall beside you. Three manage to pierce your armour (11 damage) as you are stabbed by the flying projectiles.

[roll0]

[roll1] [roll2]
[roll3] [roll4]
[roll5] [roll6]
[roll7] [roll8]

((OOC: oops. Corrected that. How I miss spelt door as down is completely beyond me.))

Imbasel
2010-05-20, 09:02 AM
Kage swears violently as his body, is pierced by darts. He shakes his head thinking Well, that was brilliant. Go all the way into a dark sewar and I just pop open the first door I see.. Carefully running his hands over the door he searches for more traps

(( Ok that was stupid of me.

Search check for more traps: [roll0]
Open Lock if door didn't unlock: [roll1]
Disable device if there are more traps: [roll2]

Jair Barik
2010-05-20, 09:20 AM
Checking over the door you find it is not locked but that the hinges are rigged to trigger a volley of darts from the walls whenever they are moved. Taking your tools to these though you manage to disconnect the mechanism that links the two together so that openning the door should hopefully no longer trigger the trap.

Imbasel
2010-05-20, 09:26 AM
Kage carefully walk through the door. Clutching his side, to stop the blood he has his sword ready to strike.

Jair Barik
2010-05-20, 09:35 AM
The door opens into a room twenty foot wide by about eighty foot long. Bar a patch of red flooring at this end and the opposite end of the room (each a 5ft wide strip) the floor is covered in a pattern of alternating black and white tiles each 5ft by 5ft. The room is illuminated by a strange yellow glow and the walls have thin slits running across their length, each slit about half way across the length of a given tile. This slits appear to run from the bottom of the wall all the way to the top of the wall. The roof is also decorated with a number of coloured panels in a variety of colours, green, red and blue. Each roof tile is 5ft by 5ft.

At the opposite end of the room on the red flooring is a pedestal upon which rests a bag.

"All you need to do is go fetch that bag and then come back here."

Imbasel
2010-05-20, 10:14 AM
Kage looks at the black and white tiles and shrugs off, his backpack. Quickly, he grabs his grappling hook. All, right time to see what the pretty colors do.. He then quickly throws it so it touches one tile per color.He then repeats this for the tiles on the floor, and watches for a reaction.

(( Will take a 10 on use rope check for a 15 to throw the grappling hook))

Jair Barik
2010-05-20, 10:46 AM
As the grappling hook hits the first yellow tile on the roof it is already too late. Before even making contact with the roof a large blade of metal the full height of the room wizzes out of the slit in the wall and slices through the rope before disappearing into the slot in the other wall. The grappling hook hits the floor a few feet ahead and another blade flies out the next slit smashing into the hook and sending it spiralling across the floor. For about thirty seconds the hook is bounced across the floor of the room as blade after blade flies out of a slit smashing into it and sending it skidding along the floor. Eventually it comes to rest at the far side of the room as twisted and mangled piece of metal sitting far out of your reach.

Imbasel
2010-05-20, 12:39 PM
Kage shakes his head as the blades come out. He holds the rope in his hand, as the rope goes limp. Slowly reeling it back he places it next to him. Carefully, while watching the sides and ceiling he puts one foot on a white tile. He keeps the rest of his body back. If nothig happens he does the same to the black tile.

Jair Barik
2010-05-20, 12:50 PM
The moment your foot touches the tile a blade flies out the wall and through the air just in front of your foot.

((OOC: If you do do a thread journaling this please send me a link. I'd very much like to read it :smallwink:))

Imbasel
2010-05-20, 12:54 PM
(( Did the blade come out when I touched the black, or white or both? Also, I will begin the journal tonight. It will be in 3rd person for each adventure. Also, for each adventure I will give an in gone run down on what happened. Like personal thoughts and how room was structured., and how overall combat went. I hope you find it enjoyable, and hoedully it will make running the game easier.

Jair Barik
2010-05-20, 01:22 PM
The blades fly out for both the black and the white tiles.

Imbasel
2010-05-20, 03:56 PM
Kage's body shakes. Why, is it that his prize is so close and yet so far. Dammit, there has got to be a way to stop this trap. Kage, searches around himself, looking for any type of hidden latch or lever nearby, since there must be some way, to stop this.

(( Just to let you know the first campaign journal should be up by 9 EST.

Search Check for lever or the like near me: [roll0]
Disable Device to disable it, if one is found,: [roll1]

Jair Barik
2010-05-20, 04:50 PM
You find no means of disabelling the trap however there is a small secret compartment in the floor. This opens to reveal a small rolled up piece of parchment tied with a sticky looking string.

Imbasel
2010-05-20, 05:08 PM
Slowly, Kage sheathes his short sword. Pulling out his remaining dagger, he cuts the sticky looking string. Then he looks at the parchment to see what it says.

Jair Barik
2010-05-20, 05:16 PM
Cutting the string leaves a slight green smere on the paper. Most likely it was poison. Avoiding touching this you read the note.

The path of the sun,
Is not the one,
The path of red,
Is for the dead,
Follow blue,
The path is true.

Imbasel
2010-05-20, 05:20 PM
Kage, reads the note and chuckles. He turns around and raises his eyebrows,with an expression of seriously? He takes a moment to memorize the note. Then, carefully putting it down and wiping the smear of his blade on the floor he begins to walk on the first tile/

(I presume that the blue tiles are directly overhead of some of the black and white. If so I will only step on tiles that are beneath the blue. For right, now I will just step on one tile and see what happens))

Jair Barik
2010-05-20, 05:22 PM
Sure enough amid the random combinations of tiles on the roof there is three paths of tiles that if followed would lead to the other side of the room. One in red, one in blue and one yellow. Stepping on the first tile beneath the blue path nothing happens.

Imbasel
2010-05-20, 05:25 PM
Smiling Kage, continues to go on the blue tiles. Easily, moving to each one he walks on the red floor of the other side of the room. With a smile, he examines the bag, checking to make sure there aren't any other hidden features.

(( Ok, spot check to see anything outward about the bag, and a search check in that area, to see if there is something else special about the bag. Also, to see if there is a pressure plate or the like in the area. If so, then I will disable it, if possible.

Spot Check: [roll0]
Search Check: [roll1]
Disable Device Check: [roll2]

Jair Barik
2010-05-20, 05:33 PM
There is indeed a pressure plate beneath the bag. You promptly go about disabling it. Otherwise there does not appear to be anything untoward about the bag. From its appearance you would guess that it has coins inside of it.

Imbasel
2010-05-20, 05:37 PM
Smiling Kage, goes back the way he came on the blue tiles, bag in hand. He waits on the other red zone on the other side. With, a grin that could charm anyone he says I got your bag, are you happy?

Jair Barik
2010-05-20, 05:44 PM
Tevius smiles slightly beneath his cloak.
"Ecstatic. You get to keep that. Consider it your first payment for a job well done. Some of the students they bring down here don't come back up. Remember one time there was a guy with a nice sturdy helmet. Lets just say that watching that hook of yours reminded me a bit of the guys head. Now your next job is to get back out."

With that said Tevius slinks back the way you came heading onwards into the shadows of the sewers.

Imbasel
2010-05-20, 05:49 PM
With, a casual salute Kage waves off Tevius. Smiling, he puts the bag, of coins into his backpack. However, not before, his face lights up as he opens it and sees the gold within. Getting, his gear ready to go, Kage goes back to the door he disabled earlier. Then he slowly makes his way, back to the rope he tied off earlier.

(( How much money is in the bag. Also, it's funny my character seems to have a lucky (and unlucky) factor. He seems to get hurt very quickly straight to 2hp, but then dodges the rest. Also, will do a spot check to make sure the door remained as I had it earlier. If it's different then here is a disable device check.

Spot check: [roll0]
Disable Device Check: [roll1]

Jair Barik
2010-05-20, 06:04 PM
The bag contains about 50 platiunum pieces. The door doesn't appear to have changed since you left it.

Imbasel
2010-05-20, 06:26 PM
Kage, walks through the door and makes his way, back through the passageway, from whence he came. He goes back to the large cylnidrical chamber, he climbed down from. Looking around, he tries to find the ledges, that he decided to not use last time.

(( Wow, 500 gold worth, thanks.

Spot check to find ledges: [roll0] ))

Jair Barik
2010-05-20, 06:28 PM
It doesn't appear as though there are any ledges around that would be readily accesible to reach from here. Tevius is nowhere to be seen either, he seems to have vanished for the time being.

Imbasel
2010-05-20, 06:31 PM
Kage groans and shakes his head Great, now I'm stuck here in a middle of a pit. I knew, I should have left that rope up. Kage, searches around the room slowly on the side of the chamber.

(( Search check the chamber to try and find something to help me get up

Search: [roll0]
EDIT: Ok, horrible roll, can I take a 20 to search the bottom of the chamber if I'm not rushed.))

Jair Barik
2010-05-20, 06:38 PM
A thorough search of the bottom of the pit reveals that one section of the wall is rougher than the others and so you could concevibly attempt to climb it. More interesting though is that there is a secret door on another part of the wall, a section of stone that appears as though it would easily slide away.

Imbasel
2010-05-20, 06:42 PM
Kage, turns his head thinking Interesting, another hidden door. Perhaps a quick way out? Still, I learned from last time I am not going through this door until I check it. Once, the door is checked (and possibly detrapped) Kage, with a mighty grunt moves it open.

((Ok, now I'm paranoid about doors in this chamber :smalltongue: Don't worry I wont do this for every door. I just figure if its secret it must have a good reason.

Search for traps: [roll]1d20+2[/roll[
Disable Device if needed: [roll0]

EDIT: Messed up my search check please roll for me if you could if there is a trap. Not that it would matter much because of my disable device roll.)

Jair Barik
2010-05-21, 02:57 AM
Kage finds no traps on the door. It seems completely safe.

((OOC: You follow the ToH mindset well. If one or two things are trapped assume that every door, pedestal, item, window, table, square inch of flooring and rat is also trapped. The journal seems fine))

Imbasel
2010-05-21, 05:12 AM
Smiling, at the door now before him Kage opens it and walks through.

Jair Barik
2010-05-21, 07:54 AM
The door leads into a narrow passage that goes for about twenty feet before ending in a ladder that leads upwards into the dark.

Imbasel
2010-05-21, 08:32 AM
Kage smiles and walks to the ladder briefly checking it for traps he smiles. Then he climbs up, it and moves the lid aside. Quickly, putting it back he goes back to the guild, looking for Wulnis.

(( Glad you like the journal

Search check for traps on ladder and lid: [roll0]
Disable Device: [roll1]

Jair Barik
2010-05-21, 09:10 AM
The ladder does not seem to be trapped but upon reaching the top of it you are surprised that there is no manhole cover. Instead the ladder simply leads up to a small crawl space, a narrow passage that you would have to crawl along. You can't tell how far along it goes but there appears to be grates in the floor at occasional intervals.

Imbasel
2010-05-21, 09:52 AM
Kage begins to crawl along in the small passage, his face becoming sweaty. Kage peers down the grates, as he passes by, trying to see what lays beyond the grate.

(( Spot check: [roll0] ))

Jair Barik
2010-05-21, 10:50 AM
Its dark but you can just make out a sewer beneath you. Not the sort of sewers that you've been trawling around but a proper sewer pipe. Hopefully that means that there is a ladder nearby. As you watch though a large bronze snake clanks down the passage, sparks flickering from its body into the water. Because the sewers lead so many places they are guarded by all sorts of strange constructs and automatons. Many of these are very dangerous and lethal to even hardened adventurers.

Imbasel
2010-05-21, 11:59 AM
Kage continues along the passagway slowly. He stops at each grate looking for a ladder, within sight. If not he goes back to the grate he saw the snake in.

Jair Barik
2010-05-21, 12:10 PM
Two grates along you can make out a small pool of light nearby that has a ladder running down into it. A man in heavy looking armour (or more likely some strange animated suit) walks beneath you in the oppositie direction of the ladder. The grate is rusted but it looks as though a firm shove would knock it loose or alternatively you could attempt to remove the screws holding it in place.

Imbasel
2010-05-21, 12:45 PM
Kage holds, his breath when he sees the man. He releases it after slowly counting to 60. Then he slowly unscrews the grate hopefully silently. He then moves it forward in the passageway and drops. He then drops and rolls gracefully on the floor. He then makes his way up to the ladder and climbs out of the sewers.

(( So I'm not sure which skill I need to use to unscrew the locks. I'm going to use Disable Device. I will take a 10 on tumble for a 20 to let me ignore falling damage. Alsoy shadow stance is still up.

Disable Device: [roll]1d20+7/roll]
Hide when I land in hallway: [roll0]
Move Silently in hallway: [roll1]

EDIT: Could you please, roll my disable device check with a +7 modifier?))

Jair Barik
2010-05-21, 01:12 PM
You go about unscrewing the grate and manage to fall down into the tunnel below. You do not go unheared though and the armour turns round spotting you. It begins to charge at you but you have already made it to the ladder and are climbing up out of the sewers. Beneath you you can hear the cold metallic sound of the creature moving and possibly speaking, but it doesn't appear to be able to climb up the ladder. Reaching the top of the ladder you emerge into a deserted back alley in the city. Looking out of the alley you know roughly where abouts you are in town and how to get back to the guildhall.

Imbasel
2010-05-21, 01:40 PM
Smiling, Kage walks back to the guildhouse. Within the city, he notices the petty troubles of the people, around him. He snorts thinking These, people don't know the true heart of this city. If, they knew the true darkness, they would cower in fear. When Kage arrives at the guild, he smiles at those around him. He goes to the first person he sees and asks Have, you seen Wulnis?

Jair Barik
2010-05-21, 03:25 PM
The assassin you questioned looks down upon you, his eyes judging your worth and telling you that he is wondering what makes you think you are important enough to address him. A lot of the assassins are like this to new recruits.

"Probably on a job. Might not be though. Haven't seen him around. If your going to bug somebody go ask Tevius, he got back a couple of minutes ago and he joined at the same time as Wulnis so I figure they know each other or something. Now run along before I decide I really don't like you."

Imbasel
2010-05-21, 04:08 PM
Kage gives, a curt nod of thanks to the assassin. He then, goes into the mess to see, if Tevius is there. He says to the older assassin so, how did I do? Also, where's Wulnis, is he on a job?

Jair Barik
2010-05-21, 04:35 PM
You find Tevius in the mess sitting down to eat.

"Did fine. Made a mistake, learnt the hard way but then didn't repeat on it. Lesson learnt if you ask me. Just remember that some of these nobles, not all of them mind, are as paranoid as they are rich. Extra security measures and all that lot of claimed the lives of more than a few of us in the past, even some deaders. As for Wulnis I believe he is currently out of town on 'important business.' He hasn't given me any further instructions for your training other than todays little exercise so either he's planning on being back for tomorrow or you have a bit of time off for practice and stuff. Might want to rest up a bit too, those are some nasty wounds you've got there."

Imbasel
2010-05-21, 04:44 PM
Kage smiles at Tevius, as the man. He says Thanks, for all of the advice. I'll rest up later, since I have money burning in my pocket. Is there somebody here that would sell, me armor weapons and such, to some lowly initiate like me?

Jair Barik
2010-05-21, 04:49 PM
Tevius shakes his head.

"Maybe within the high hall or one of the great houses but not in this place no. You could probably get something from one of the markets in the other quarters, though I'd clean yourself up a bit and put on something a bit more discreet before heading out there. They are a fair bit more suspicious of unusual men dressed in black walking around with darts sticking out of them there."

Imbasel
2010-05-21, 05:02 PM
Kage nods his, thanks and goes back to his quarters. He quickly strips, and pours cold water over himself cleaning him of blood. He then spends an hour cleaning his weapons and armor, so they appear to be pristine. He then robes himself in regular travelers clothing, and staps his short sword to his side. Grabbing, his bacpack and coins he leaves the guild. He then walks at a casual pace to the closest market within another quarter. Once he arrives, he begins to look for a armor/weapons shop or just a armor shop.

(( I will only carry the sword if such weapons are allowed to be carried in the city. Also, my tavelers clothing should just be standard clothing as found in the Players Handbook which I'm guessing is fairly common in the city.

Jair Barik
2010-05-21, 05:11 PM
Nobody pays you paticular attention. Weapons are an accepted fact of life here and adventurers often bring in good trade. There are numerous places you can buy weapons or armour either within the market or in small shops.

((OOC: Assuming you don't wish to roleplay this I'm happy for you to post a list of what you intend to buy and will say yay or nay if any items aren't available.))

Imbasel
2010-05-21, 05:16 PM
Kage face brightens as he sees the first shop he steps into the armor shop, and begins looking at the various pieces of armor.

(( Is it ok if I roleplay it, if it's not too much of a hassle, for you. If you would prefer I can just make a list.

Jair Barik
2010-05-21, 05:25 PM
You enter the shop. It appears to be a smiths. There is a forge and anvil as well as numerous weapons and other metal works including full plate and chainmail but nothing with leather or such. The smith is at his forge but nods to aknowledge your entry.

((OOC: Happy to RP things. Some players dislike RPing shopping though :smalltongue:))

Imbasel
2010-05-21, 05:38 PM
Kage walks up several feet away from the smith. Admiring his work for a moment he then says Good day, my good sir. I am in the market and, was looking for the best quality armor possible. Naturally, the first thing I did was to come to this shop. I was wondering If I could purchase your finest set of chain shirt?. Kage looks at the man, showing great interest and appreciation for the work he does.

(( Thanks, for letting me RP, I love it. It also, gives me a better feel for the world. Also, by finest quality I mean masterwork.

Jair Barik
2010-05-21, 05:55 PM
The man puts down his hammer and looks you over.

"Not much call for chain shirts round these parts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3KBuQHHKx0). That said I may be able to sort you out with something. I have a few good quality shirts but they won't do much good if they don't fit properly. May as well be wearing something found off of the streets if your not willing to do things properly. If I can take some measurements. 250 gold and you can pick it up in two days time."

Imbasel
2010-05-21, 06:04 PM
Kage pauses for a moment thinking. He then makes his decision saying That is agreeable to me, and sounds like a very fair price. Do you want me to pay half now and half then, or would you prefer something else?. Kage then waits for the mans response, and once he gives it let's the man take the proper measurements.

(( That was a great video.))

Jair Barik
2010-05-21, 06:06 PM
"I'm not an unreasonable man. Twenty now as a deposit and then the rest when you come back. I can always change it to fit somebody else if you decide not to come back here."

Assuming you agree the smith then takes your measurement in preperation for his work.

Imbasel
2010-05-21, 06:12 PM
Kage holds up his hands, and let's the man take his measurements. Agreeing to the mans request, he gives him 2 platnium pieces. He then thanks, the man for his time and goes back into the market. He then spends some time trying to find shops that are of a darker sort.

(( Kage is looking for shops that would sell grappling hooks, crossbows, climbing tools, as well as a masterwork thieves kit if that is possible. If I have to go to different shops, let me know and I will RP away.

Jair Barik
2010-05-22, 03:20 AM
You manage to find everything else you are looking for at an explorers stall in the market with the exception of the thieves tools. Nowhere seems to be selling them here and it is more likely that you would find somebody back in your own quarter.

The stall in question sells a wide variety of adventuring gear and weapons. You have seen other stalls that sell most of what you needed but not a crossbow until here. You notice that the trader is distinctly elven.

Imbasel
2010-05-22, 05:42 AM
Kage, walks into the stall, with a wry grin on his face. Besides the trap mishap earlier,, this was becoming the perfect day. Kage ,walks up to the elf and says in Elven Good, day sir. I'm in the market, for explorers equipement, do you think you could help me out? Kage, looks around in the shop before the elf responds, trying to see what else he has.

Jair Barik
2010-05-22, 05:47 AM
The elf smiles and greets you.

<Ah you speak Elvish! It is interesting to meet a fellow speaker of the tongue. If you wish though I do know common as well, quite fluently in fact. I have a range of equipment for explorers and the like. Is there anything in particular that you need?"

Imbasel
2010-05-22, 06:24 AM
Kage replies in Elvish I would actually, prefer to speak in Elvish. It's a beautiful language, that expresses meaning, far better then Common. Also, it gives me a chance to practice my elvish. Here's what I am looking for friend. I'm looking for a heavy crossbow with 30 bolts. Also, by chance do you have a grappling hook and a climbers kit do go with it?

Jair Barik
2010-05-22, 06:37 AM
The elf looks across his wares and picks out the items one by one.

<Lets see.... A climbers kit, 80 gold. A grappling hook 1 gold. Thity bolts, 6 gold. And a crossbow... I can sell you a standard crossbow for 57 gold or a highquality one crafted by master wood workers for 360 gold.>

Imbasel
2010-05-22, 07:04 AM
Kage, grimaces as he hears the price. He slowly takes out his money pouch, and withdraws his money pouch. He then counts out 15 platnium and says Will, this do? Also, keep the change you've been very helpful.

((By standard crossbow I presume he means a heavy crossbow))

Jair Barik
2010-05-22, 07:28 AM
((Correct))

The man takes your money and thanks you, handing over the goods.

Imbasel
2010-05-22, 07:52 AM
Kage smiles as he walks back to the guild. It was certainly a long, day and he needed rest. Weerily, he plops himself down on a bench in the mess hall. Slowly, sipping his soup he relaxes after a hard days work.

Jair Barik
2010-05-22, 09:16 AM
((OOC: So resting for the night?))

Imbasel
2010-05-22, 11:27 AM
Kage stumbles into his room and closes his eyes on the pillow, as soon as his head hits it.

(( Will now sleep for the night, also how many hp do I heal, as I sleep?))

Jair Barik
2010-05-22, 11:44 AM
((1 HP per HD. So 2. Double that if you take a full days rest.))

When you wake up in the orning you find that nobody is downstairs waiting for you today. Neither Tevius nor Wulnis is in the main room or the mess but as usual one or two of the other guys are hanging around either resting up, gambling their earnings, planning a job or waiting for a new assignment.

Imbasel
2010-05-22, 12:06 PM
Kage wakes up, and his muscles seem to burn afire. He rolls, over back into his pillow thinking Time, to go back to sleep. I feel like Ive been stabbed. Oh wait, I was.

(( If it's okay with you, I'm going to take a full days rest to get back 4hp))

Jair Barik
2010-05-22, 12:46 PM
((Thats fine))

The next day Wulnis and Tevius are still not around. Nobody seems to have seen Wulnis and apparently Tevius is on a job in one of the other quarters. You do however overhear rumours that Gaunt Reznik (the pale faced aptly named guild representative) has been mentioning you. He is not around at the moment either though, apparently at the High Hall.

Imbasel
2010-05-22, 01:25 PM
Kage, gets up rolling his shoulders. His body was still a bit stiff, but it felt much better then yesterday. Quickly, throwing on his shirt he goes to the mess. There he hears that Gaunt Reznik, had mentioned him earlier. While eating his breakfast he says to anyone who will listen Does anybody, know why Gaunt, was talking about me?

(( Also, have 2, or just a day and a half days passed since I ordered the breastplate made?))

Jair Barik
2010-05-22, 01:44 PM
(1 and a half, so it will be ready by midday, possibly earlier)

One of the assassins looks round and shrugs his shoulders.

"Who knows. Gaunt asks about people all the time. Checking up on wether or not people are disobeying guild regulations, deciding on who gets special jobs, deciding if he needs one of us whacked. All sorts of things. If I were you I'd be asking myself if I'd been doing anything that wasn't good for the guild or likely to piss old Reznik off."

Imbasel
2010-05-22, 02:38 PM
Kage shakes his head, at the man talking. He says I can't think , of anything I've done wrong besides being devishly handsome that is. Also, my brains a bit fuzzy since I just woke up, what's the High Hall again, and do you know what he's doing there?. Kage waits for an answer and thanks the man. He then waits until midday for Guant to return. He relaxes in the mess.

Jair Barik
2010-05-22, 03:48 PM
The High Hall is a name that often comes up when people are talking about the higher ranking members of officials but you have never actually heard anyone describe what it is or what itsfunction was.

"The High Hall is the High Hall. Who knows what goes on there. Only those deemed important enough are allowed to go there, let alone know where it is. Me? I could namea couple of guild houses and hides in the city, heck I even know where one of the Great Houses is located, but the High Hall? Not for the likes of us I'm afraid."

You have heard about the Great Houses before too. There are seven one in each of the main quarters. Some of the better assassins are given the opportunity to go on permanent retainer to one of the cities Religions factions. The exact work varies but it is well paid. In some cases the assassin becomes the bodyguard, in others he continues doing what he does best. it varies depending on the outlook of the faction and the current politics within it.

Imbasel
2010-05-22, 03:59 PM
Kage nods to the man and says Thanks, friend you've helped me out.. With that, Kage waits near the entrance until midday to see if Guant returns.

Jair Barik
2010-05-22, 04:40 PM
By midday Gaunt has till not returned. Nor do you see Wulnis or Tevius for that matter.

Imbasel
2010-05-22, 04:47 PM
Sighing, Kage goes back to his room. Quickly, putting on his travelers clothing on he picks up his short sword. Attaching his money bag, and sword to his belt he makes his way to see the smith. Upon arriving he says Good afternoon, master smith? Is my chain shirt completed yet?

Jair Barik
2010-05-22, 04:51 PM
The smith happily recognises you from before.

"Indeed it is. Would have done it sooner had I not got other jobs to be doing. I'll just fetch it for you."

The smith rummages around behind the shops counter and pulls out a neatly tied package that clinks as he carries it.

"There you go. A fines shirt of armour if I do say so myself."

Imbasel
2010-05-22, 04:55 PM
Smiling Kage hands the man 23 pieces of platnium, and says It was more then worth the wait. It is an exquisite piece of armor. Could you help me try it on?

Jair Barik
2010-05-22, 05:08 PM
The smith helps you to get you new armour on. It fits perfectly and the joins are well made. As such it is significantly easier to move around in it and fight in it.

Imbasel
2010-05-22, 05:38 PM
Kage smiles as the armor fits, snugly upon him. Streching his arms he, tests his range of motion. Happy to find that it is, not impeding him he smiles. Tipping his head towards the man he gives thanks. He then makes his way back to the guildhouse, making sure nobody follows him.

(( Spot check to make sure nobody is following me. [roll0]

Jair Barik
2010-05-22, 05:39 PM
You don't notice anyone on your trip back and your journey is uneventful.

Imbasel
2010-05-22, 05:42 PM
Kage goes back to the mess. Armor gleaming, he slowly eats a chicken soup. Then once, he's finished he goes to his room. Putting his armor carefully next to the bed, he enters the land of dreams.

(( I should recieve 2 hp correct for sleeping through the rest of the day and early next morning?))

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 03:13 AM
(correct)

The next morning you see gaunt waiting downstairs. He is thin pale, perhaps even sickly in appearance, with long black hair and spectacles. His clothing is not so much a cloak as a robe and as far as you can tell he doesn't have any armour or weapons on him.

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 09:21 AM
Kage, sighs and makes his way over to Gaunt. Forcing a smile on his face he says Is it true you wanted to see me?

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 09:50 AM
Gaunt looks over and apraises you head to toe.

"hmmm? Yes. Yes indeed. I understand you are being trained to join our ranks by Wulnis yes? Well though you are not yet a fully fledged assassin that does not mean you don't have to work. Obviously you cannot do any contracts if you are not truly a member yet but I have an assignment for you, yes. Do this for us and you will certainly be viewed in a favourable light, any stains upon your character from your choice of company may well be overlooked when we decide wether or not to accept you into our number."

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 09:56 AM
Kage, nods in understanding and says What do you mean, by my choice of company exactly. The only person I know well, at all is Wulnis. Regardless, I will take whatever assignment for you that you give me. I relish the challenge.

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 10:07 AM
Gaunt adjusts his spectacles.

"Hmmm yes. Now then, the task I have for you involves a man who has been causing a spot of trouble for us. He doesn't need to be 'dealt with' ind I just want you to go check the situation out. Evaluate wether or not he is a threat and such. About a month back he broke into the house of one of our former clients. It has since been sold off as the client in question has vanished a long time ago but we are curious as to what he wanted from there. We know he left town almost immediatley after the break in but rumour has it that he is back, and that he is hanging around in the inner ring of the Mothril quarter. His appearance is rather cliched for the thieving type, black cloak, all sorts of pockets on his clothing, two swords, people never seem to see his face... the usual. Understand?"

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 11:16 AM
Kage, pauses thinking and then says So, this is just a standard surveillance, job then? Find him, follow him and ask around to see what he's up to. What should I do, if he discovers I'm tracking him? Also, do you want me to check out the house, as well?

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 11:49 AM
Gaunt shakes his head.

"The house is a dead end, all of the property and goods have been sold off now as its owner is presumed long dead. Yes, surveillance is the sort of thing I was thinking of. Follow him, ask about him, maybe even speak to him. Find out if the man is a credible threat to us or to any of our benefactors. We want to know what he is up to."

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 12:04 PM
Ok, just 3 more questions. First, does he have any unique abilities I should be aware of. Where were some of his old handouts, and how often should I report in?

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 12:10 PM
"Report back in when you have something noteworthy to report. If we do not see you for lets say... two whole days I 'might' send somebody to look for you. We are unaware of any 'powers' he might have but he was able to break into a well protected noble mans house and escape virtually undetected. We are certain however that his entrance was through mundane means as we found some evidence of his passage. As for haunts we don't know where he stayed last time but we know he is currently renting a room at the Salamander Inn within the inner ring of the Mothril quarter."

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 04:14 PM
Kage nods his head and says Well, then I'm off to the Mothril quarter, then. I may rent a room there, so don't be surprised if I don't come right back. Kage, goes back to his room and gathers all of his weapons. Strapping his crossbow and bolts to his back, of his new armor he smiles. he then straps both his short sword, and longsword to his left side. He then slings his backpack over his back and makes his way to the Mothril quarter. Once, he arrives he begins walking down the streets looking for a man matching the description Gaunt gave him.

(( Will make a disguise check at the guild, for minor details ( I'm thinking dying my hair color blond))

Disguise check: [roll0]
Spot check for the man matching the description: [roll1] ))

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 04:35 PM
Gaunt bids you farewell and leaves on guild business. Your disguise is quite good, you expect only those who you work with to recognise you. Reaching the quarter you do stand out to some extent but thankfully there are other adventurers here so the nobility and guards don't pay you too much notice. You are aware to avoid pick pockets on your way to the inner ring (Mothril is God of trickery of course) but don't notice anyone matching your given description. You don't seem to be having much luck wandering the streets but after a while of trawling through the alleys you are aware that you are being followed. A wide grinning man in a dirty red and yellow outfit is following you, and not particularly subtley. If he had a stick and hit he could be very easily mistaken for a court jester, he carries a small bag about his waste and appears unnarmed.

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 04:45 PM
Kage, walks along the streets, looking for the man. After, hours of no luck, it wasn't looking to be a good start. However, he did notice somebody following him. After, doubling back a couple times the jester remained on his tail. Smiling at the challenge Kage, walks slightly into an alleyway. He then wreathes himself in the shadows waiting, for the jester to come.

(( Will activate my child of shadow stance as a swift action. If, I'm far enough away and out of sight I will attempt to hide in the alleyway from him, and then will wait to see what he does. Also, I will apply my dodge feat to him in case he tries anything. That will raise my AC to 19 against him.

Hide Check:[roll0]
Move Silently Check: [roll1]

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 04:48 PM
The man follows you to the alley and looks around confused. He starts sniffing the air vigorously and walking down the alley. He looks at the ground, the walls and even up at the sky. He then smiles and stands in the alleys outh and begins whistling a tune to himself.

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 05:14 PM
Kage, suddenly moves with lightning fast speed. Stopping a mere foot away, from the man he says You wanted me?

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 05:24 PM
The man smiles a half disturbing lop sided grin.

"Perhaps, maybe, indeed fellow seeker of our unified grail, our chalice of uncertainty and mortal desire. Toiling years pass with unfathomable results, our cards are dealt and hands are played as we strive through imperfection, gracefully accepting failure and looking onwards into our darkest demise and certain death. Who seeks, who watches, who weilds and who stands upon the brink of the end? Could it be you Kage? Perhaps. But what does the future hold for one such as you whose life is so full of death, whose presence seems to invite the cold warm embrace of the sands. Perhaps the card may tell you."

The man draws out a deck of cards from his pouch. Catching a glimpse of their fronts, they appear to be a regular deck of tarrot cards.

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 05:31 PM
Kage, pauses for a moment thinking What, is wrong with this man? His words, make some sense however. Perhaps I should, humor him. There is nothing to be lost by it.

I wish to know what the cards will tell me. Should I draw, or should you?

(( Is that deck of cards what I think it is))

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 05:41 PM
The man smiles and dramatically shuffles the deck then draws a card.

"The fool. Predictable yes though the art is not as many would expect. The fool is important and must see his journey start to end for the other cards to make sense. Are you a fool Kage? What kind? A fool of fool or a fool of cards?"

he flips the card round so you can see it. Though the border is as expected, the name reads The fool and the pose is as in most decks the character in the picture is clearly you.

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 05:44 PM
Kage replies with wonderment on his face saying I am a fool, of cards, what are you?

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 05:59 PM
"A fool of fools oh mighty prince. But the cards have more to say..."

The man proceeds to draw another five cards that he reveals one by one.

"The hermit. Great silence, a hiding man who is on the retreat. The magician, puppet master in a game where even he is puppet, the power he posesses is mighty indeed but it is not the power of the body, oh no. The chariot! And look who rides it for he within the chariot has great will power and success but also the desire for conquest. The Death! He who rides the horse though is not a morbid omen but a symbol of change but is it for better or worse? And last we have the tower and he who is being thrown from it. What does this card mean? A revelation? A realization of truth? Downfall or ruin? And no more the deck is spent though so much of it remains."

Each card is like the fool a normal card except for the person it pictures. The hermit pictures a figure you recognise as Tevius. The magician is a young man in priestly robes with a smile upon his face but you do not recognise him. Similarly you don't know the man riding in the chariot, he is bald with black eyes, two spectral figures seem to float at his shoulders. Riding the horse in the death card is a man robes in black, his face obscured by his clothes. One hand clutches a sword at his side. Finally the tower pictures Wulnis. It is unmistakenably him.

The man appears to be suffering a nose bleed.

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 06:04 PM
Kage, reaches out to the man as his nose starts bleeding. He thinks Is, this man some type of prophet. Perhaps, the cards are what enable him to prophisize. He speaks in riddles, and why and I the one who must decipher them?

Are, you ok sir? Do, you need to sit down?

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 06:08 PM
"Shadows and death shadows and death shadows and death shadows and death when the third comes the tower will be the door, omen of its namesake the tower is the door! Shadows and death are in your future Walker! Shadows and death!"

The mans nose bleed is getting progressively worse. He goes limp in your eyes and blood starts dripping blood from his eyes and ears. Avoiding getting anything on you he begins coughing up black red liquid.

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 06:10 PM
Kage, backs away from the dying man. He steps back in the shadows avoiding the blood from him.How the hell does he know my name?

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 06:17 PM
"I am the first Kage. The third is the omen of the tower."

With that the man collapses over into a heap on the floor and stops coughing or moving at all. A small pool of blood is slowly forming around his body.

((OOC:Not freaking you out too much am I, it has been commented in the past that I can get some pretty good macarbre going if I put my mid to it :smallwink:))

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 06:22 PM
Slowly, avoiding the blood on the man. Kage, drags him deeper into the alleyway. There he searches the man, while he tries to make sense of what he said.

(( Ok, a little freaked out, not too much. I'm going to need to think about what the riddle is. Something tells me its going to be important. Oh, and I'll take a 20 to search the man.))

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 06:26 PM
The man has an empty vial on his person with its cork in the same pocket. His puch contains all his now blood soaked tarrot cards, none of them resemble anyone you know in fact all the pictures look perfectly normal (or as normal as Tarot cards get). He also has a dagger in his bag and 12 copper pieces and three silver.

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 06:31 PM
Quickly, Kage wrings out the blood in the pouch. Once all the blood drains, he puts all of the items into his backpack, somewhere the residual blood won't soak through. Then he quickly, drags the man deep into the alleyway, and props him besides some bags. Quickly he mutters May, you find peace in your death, and let the gods bless, you.

Then leaving the alleyway, he begins to search for the in, that the man he is tracking is supposed to be staying at. He walks away from the alleyway quickly, pondering the mans words as he died.

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 06:35 PM
After a little searching you find the inn as you enter a receptionist cheerfully greets you, this is clearly a lot higher class than anywehre you have been before.

"Greetings sir! Have you a reservation or are you only intending to stay for a short spell of time?" she is a peppy young woman but you cannot tell if it is her actual personality or feigned for show. As she speaks to you a man passes by you and leaves through the door. You may have taken note of him anyway as he matches the description of the man your looking for but even more disturbing is that he is the Death. He does not simply bear a resemblance to the man on the card, he IS the man from the Death card.

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 06:39 PM
Time seems to stand still, as Death walks by. Kage, absorbs him in memorizing everything he sees upon the man. He then turns his attention to the cute girl and says I am only here for a short stay I'm afraid. Lowering his voice to a whisper like a knife he says How much for the room closest to the man that just passed?

(( Ok, kind of freaked now))

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 06:45 PM
The woman frowns slightly then smiles.

"Things don't really work like that round here I'm afraid. A room is two gold for the night and if a third coin mistakenly crossed the table then the man whose arriving later today will have to be in room nine instead of room sixteen"

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 06:49 PM
Kage smiles and gives her a platnium piece and whispers in her ear And 4 extra gold, will make sure that nobody finds out about this arrangement. Louder he says, leaning back Here is the gold, could I have my room key please?

(( Giving her 10 gp, 6gp for 2 nights. The other 4 is for her, which since most people don't make more then a silver a day is a good sum.

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 06:51 PM
She quite happily hands you your key and directs you to where you can find it on the second floor. It is at the end of the corridor with no room opposite so it is quite clear that the mans room must be that directly next to your own.

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 06:53 PM
Kage, takes his key and opens up the door. He then shrugs off his backpack, near the door. He then presses his ear against the wall to see if he can hear, the man.

((
Listen Check: [roll0] ))

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 06:59 PM
You cannot hear anything in the mans room but considering you just saw him leaving the inn this makes sense. How long he will be gone for though you cannot tell.

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 07:03 PM
With, not much time left Kage, quickly goes to the mans door. He then checks the hallway for anybody else. Once, nobody is within sight, he pulls out his thieves tools. Quickly, checking for traps the man might have set up, he then unlocks the door.

(( If this guy is a rouge he might have set up a trap for the door so search check the door for traps, then will disable a device if needed. If not will use my open lock check.

Search Check: [roll0]
Disable Device if needed: [roll1]
Open Lock: [roll2]

EDIT: Wow, ok bad open lock result. Is it possible, for me to try again and if so could you please roll for me at a +8 modifier?

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 07:04 PM
Though your initial effort fails you try again to greater success and the door clicks open. The lock is not particularly challenging, it is more to keep out unwanted guests than to act as an actual security measure. Entering the mans room you notice a number of things. His bed is neatly made and his clothes laid out in a delicate fashion. There is a window that has been left ajar, directly beneath it is a roof of another building. His closet is closed and he has a backpack sitting in one corner. A pair of dirty boots sit by his bed and a second black cloak hangs on the back of the door. Most perculiarly an alchemical apparatus is sitting in one corner of the room distilling some strange liquid. Several coloured vials sit by it alongside a variety of coloured chalks and a few scrolls.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 07:05 PM
Quickly, Kage memorizes the layout of the room. He then goes through and reads the scrolls quickly, seeing what they have to say.

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 07:21 PM
The scrolls are written in ancient draconic. Each of them contains words of raw magical energy, untapped and waiting to be released at the command of their reader.

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 07:24 PM
Kage, also peers closely at the liquid brewing, and tries to see if there are any notes about it nearby. He also then checks the bottom of the boots to see what they are covered in. Finally, he goes through and checks what is in the backpack, and then puts everything back in the exact position where it was. All the while he keeps his ears honed to listen to anybody coming. He then leaves the room, and locks the door again. He then goes back, to his room, and listens for the mans return.

(( Listen check to see if anybody is coming: [roll0]
Search to see if there are nearby notes: [roll1] ))

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 07:31 PM
There doesn't appear to be any notes nearby. The boots are caked in sewer grime and sand and the backpack does not contain what you espect a nobleman to carry about on his person. Amongst other things it has a length of rope, a grappling hook, thieves tools, climbers kit, caltrops, a drill, two bags of a sticky looking gunk, a half dozen small yellow stones, a few bouncy balls, three vials of what appears to be acid and a pair of gloves that on closer expection containing concealed daggers.

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 07:34 PM
Kage, puts everything back exactly where it was. He quickly puts some of the liquid from the apparatus in the vial he aqquired earlier, taking but a small amount. He then locks the room and shuts the door. He then goes back to his room, and pulls out a chair. Pulling all of his gear together he puts the chair in front of the window waiting and watching.

Jair Barik
2010-05-23, 07:37 PM
The view lets you see a few things. The roof of the building beneath you, the street leading up to the inn and looking further away a tall and imposing tower that blocks out most of the rest of your view. these towers are common within the inner rings belonging to wealthy nobles and respected members of the clergy. After much waiting you see the man returning to the inn coming from further into the center of the city.

Imbasel
2010-05-23, 07:39 PM
(( Exactly, where is further from inside the city, whats in the center? Also, I edited my post before you posted, and I am guessing I successfully managed to get the liquid?)

Jair Barik
2010-05-24, 03:24 AM
((Yes you got some liquid. Further into the city either means deeper into this band or perhaps even to the centre of the city itself, the large temple strcuture from which the city is ruled over))

Imbasel
2010-05-25, 09:04 AM
((. Sorry I was sick, yesterday so I couldn't post. Also roughly what time is it in the city?))

Jair Barik
2010-05-25, 09:05 AM
((not a problem))

It is coming into the late afternoon now. Things are starting to settle down and the city is slowly beggining to darken.

Jair Barik
2010-05-26, 04:34 AM
*bumped*
If your still feeling ill then I'm happy to wait till your feeling better before continuing.

Imbasel
2010-05-26, 02:34 PM
Kage, quickly grabs his things. Making sure his armor, and weapons are strapped on he grabs the vial. Tucking it into his backpack, he makes his way back to the guild, hopefully before nightfall. On his way he mulls over the mans words, and then keeps an eye for anybody following him.

((Sorry, I'm slowly recovering and it being 100 degrees is not helping lower my temperature. I will most likely only be able to post more often, going back to the regular amount by friday, since the meds will hopefully have cured me then.

Hide Check in the crowds: [roll0]
Spot Check: [roll1] ))

Jair Barik
2010-05-26, 04:16 PM
Returning to the guild you find that Gaunt is waiting in the mess. You don't notice anyone following you which, considering your recent stalker, is a big relief. You didn't pass the man in the inn but you briefly saw him headed into the taverns dining room as you went out.

Imbasel
2010-05-26, 05:49 PM
Kage, like a shadow creeps up to Gaunt he says I have some rather important news. I don't know how long he is going to be eating so I have to make it fast. Should I give my report, here or somewhere private?

Jair Barik
2010-05-26, 05:51 PM
gaunt turns to face you and looks into your eyes with his own glassy stare.
"Hmm? Report now. If there is any possibility he may be on the move I'll want you back there soon as possible. Speak quickly."

Imbasel
2010-05-26, 06:47 PM
Kage, pauses for a moment and withdraws the vial. Filled with strange liquid he hands it to Gaunt. He then says I went to the inn, as you instructed. I managed to get a room, next to the mark. After, finding him to have left for further into the city. I saw him returning so it could possibly be from the center. I went into the room, and saw several things. He had his clothes on his bed delicately laid. What interested me more, however was an alchemical apparatus. It was brewing that black liquid that I handed to you. Next to it, were several other vials, and scrolls. I checked the scrolls and saw they were of magical of sort. What they, do I could not hazard a guess. His boots were caked with sewer grime so I believe he was using them to sneak around. He also had length of rope, a grappling hook, thieves tools, climbers kit, caltrops, a drill, two bags of a sticky looking gunk, a half dozen small yellow stones, a few bouncy balls, three vials of what appears to be acid and a pair of gloves that on closer expection containing concealed daggers.

In my personal opinion he is planning something. Exactly, what I do not know. However, he would not go through all that trouble unless it was important.

Jair Barik
2010-05-27, 03:22 AM
Gaunt swirls the vial around a little then puts it in a pocket.

"Hmmm. Interesting. We cannot be certain of his exact intention so for the time being shadow him. I will inform the centre ring guards that they should be on the look out and report him if he is seen. For the time being though I won't be sending anyone else to help watch him. Last thing you want to do is spook a mouse as it heads into a trap. You may leave."

Imbasel
2010-05-27, 03:19 PM
Kage nods and makes his leave. He then walks quickly, to go back to the inn, and walks in. He surveys the room quickly trying to see if his mark is there.

((

Spot Check: [roll0] ))

Jair Barik
2010-05-27, 03:31 PM
Looking around the inn your quarry is neither in the dining hall, the reception area or any of the other 'public' or communal parts of the inn.

Imbasel
2010-05-28, 08:40 AM
Crap, I hope he didn't leave when I was gone. Best, check his room then. Kage, quickly walks up the stairs and goes to his room. Unlocking it, he shuts it swiftly. He then locks it from the inside, and presses his ear against the wall. His ears almost seem to grow bigger as he attempts, to hear what is on the other side of the wall.

((

Listen Check: [roll0] ))

Jair Barik
2010-05-28, 11:13 AM
You can't here anything in the other room really. By this time the sun has gone down and it is dark out side.

Imbasel
2010-05-28, 02:04 PM
Kage, walks downstairs with his gear. Giving a bright smile at the girl who gave him the key earlier, he says Do you know where the man, whose room I'm next to is? I have a business arrangment to make with him.

Jair Barik
2010-05-28, 02:13 PM
She smiles remembering you from earlier.
"I believe he headed up to his room earlier in the evening after dinner."

Imbasel
2010-05-28, 02:24 PM
Kage, nods and says Thanks, you dear. I appreciate it. He thinks Well, I guess there is only one way for me to find out if he is still here. Kage, opens up his window and leans over to the right to look at the mans window next to him. He checks quickly, to see if the man is inside.

Jair Barik
2010-06-01, 07:02 AM
((oops didn't see your post, sorry))

Looking across the man appears to have his light on but you cannot really see into the room from this angle.

Imbasel
2010-06-03, 03:34 PM
Kage, pulls out a chair and looks into the city as night falls. His window is open, about a quarter and he waits until about 11 o'clock to see if the man will make his exit.

(( Sorry I haven't been here I'm recovering from strep throat ))

Jair Barik
2010-06-03, 04:38 PM
By 11 his light has gone out and still no sign of him planning on leaving.

Imbasel
2010-06-07, 03:04 PM
Kage, stares out the window and will stay there until sleep overtakes him.

Jair Barik
2010-06-07, 04:39 PM
You aren't sure when you fell asleep but your awoken by the sunlight shining through upon your face through the window. The sun is all ready in the sky but it doesn't sit high yet, it is still rising, early morning.

Imbasel
2010-06-08, 09:04 PM
Kage, wearily, runs his hands through his hair. Moving the chair back in place. He throws himself on the bed exhausted from staying up late. Kage, relaxes in his room just staring at the ceiling for a while, trying to think of what to do.

Jair Barik
2010-06-09, 04:08 AM
After a little while the lady from the reception knocks on your door and brings you up some brekfast.

Imbasel
2010-06-09, 06:54 PM
Kage smiles opening the door. He takes the breakfest eagerly, and smiles his stomach growling. He says Is the guy next door still in?

Jair Barik
2010-06-10, 03:30 AM
"I believe so yes. I haven't seen him leave thats for sure."

Imbasel
2010-06-16, 06:50 AM
Kage, nods and slowly munches on his breakfest. After, eating it he goes downstairs in the common room,waiting for the guy to come down.

Jair Barik
2010-06-16, 07:13 AM
It doesn't take him too long. He has a bag strapped over one shoulder and doesn't seem to be planning on sticking around here too long. As he comes down the stairs he appears to be headed straight for the door out.

Imbasel
2010-06-18, 09:22 PM
Kage, heads out the door quickly, and hides among the throngs of people following his mark.

((Hide Check in Crowd: [roll0]
Spot Check: [roll1] ))

Jair Barik
2010-06-19, 03:58 AM
Your mark is heading back towards the centre of the city. You easily manage to tail him through the crowds but eventually he comes to a halt standing looking up at one of the towers before him.

Jair Barik
2010-07-05, 05:20 AM
bumpity bump

Imbasel
2010-08-05, 04:02 PM
Kage comes and stops watching the man, to see what he does, and follows him.

OOC: Sorry for dropping this game, RL reared its ugly head, but things are better now.

Jair Barik
2010-08-05, 04:22 PM
The man stands for a minute or so then turns and walks off down an alley between two buildings.

(OOC:Its fine. I'm happy to continue)

Imbasel
2010-08-05, 04:36 PM
Kage moves along silently like a shadow in the night. Blending in with the crowd he follows the man into the alley, using the cans and covers for stealth.

((Move Silently Check: [roll0]
Hide Check: [roll1]
Also I will be using Child of Shadow Stance))

Jair Barik
2010-08-05, 04:38 PM
The alley continues on and then turns right, there don't appear to be any other passages off of it and nobody else looks like they are going down it.

Imbasel
2010-08-05, 04:41 PM
Kage carefully creeps along and then peers around the corner to see if he can spot the man, without him seeing him.

(( Spot Check: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1] ))

Jair Barik
2010-08-05, 04:47 PM
The man is not there. You look down a blind alley covered in junk a debris, there is no exit to it and the walls of the surrounding buildings a tall and steep.

Imbasel
2010-08-05, 10:35 PM
Kage walks over to the debris, and the tall building. Peering into it he begins rummaging through it to see if there is some type of manhole, or secret entrance nearby.

((Search Check: [roll0] ))

Jair Barik
2010-08-06, 04:28 AM
There is a closed manhole cover that is not concealed.

Imbasel
2010-08-06, 09:35 AM
Opening the manhole, Kage, quickly goes down into the darkness below.

Jair Barik
2010-08-06, 10:47 AM
The sewers here are just as dark and unwholesome as they were back in the poorer districts. Its pitch black down here but thankfully there is only one open path available at the bottom of the ladder, the other being blocked by an iron grate.

Imbasel
2010-08-06, 11:01 AM
Kage creeps along carefully in the tunnel following the path.