PDA

View Full Version : addictive substances

K2
2010-05-16, 07:35 PM
Hey, just a quick question. Does anyone here know if there are any rules concerning drugs in D&D? A player in our game wants to....try and build a loyal network of thugs in the city we are in. He seems to think that drugs would be a good way to do it, and he asked me if I know how that stuff worked in the game. I don't, so I am asking here.

Thanks

aivanther
2010-05-16, 07:37 PM
Doesn't BVoD have some? Just a sec, my book fu is weak, and I'll check.

Touchy
2010-05-16, 07:40 PM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/campaigns/sanity.htm#drugsandSanity Some minor rules for drugs, but their tied to sanity though.

arguskos
Lords of Darkness and the Book of Vile Darkness have rules and drugs for this sort of thing. I highly suggest you start there.

CockroachTeaParty
Yes, the Book of Vile Darkness has drug rules. Interestingly, so does Sharn: City of Towers.

They function very similar to poison and disease. When the drug is taken, the user often gets some kind of benefit (and possibly some penalties). Then, a fortitude save must be made to avoid becoming addicted. Addicts take penalties if they can't get their fix, and different drugs have different levels of addictiveness.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-05-16, 07:41 PM
Book of Vile Darkness. 3.0, but IIRC it's from the tail end and has some 3.5 stuff, and will probably be allowed anyway.

Edit: Double ninja'd. Oh well.

K2
2010-05-16, 08:35 PM
sweet guys, thanks for the help