PDA

View Full Version : Eh, why not... Batman vs. Doc Savage

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-06-08, 05:56 PM
Now, the question is, does anyone but me have the slightest idea who Doc Savage is...

Kish
2006-06-08, 06:18 PM
Hm, is this thread now the Vorpal Tribble vs. the Vorpal Tribble?

loranna
2006-06-08, 06:29 PM
The Man of Bronze would beat the Dark Knight every time. He is both stronger and smarter, has better gadgets and much better sidekicks.

Holy_Knight
2006-06-08, 07:02 PM
I want to say I've heard of Doc Savage before, but I can't remember anything about him.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-06-08, 07:26 PM
Hm, is this thread now the Vorpal Tribble vs. the Vorpal Tribble?
Better believe it.

and much better sidekicks.
Amen!

I want to say I've heard of Doc Savage before, but I can't remember anything about him.
He was a popular 1930-40's pulp fiction character. Had a series consisting of several hundred books. My dad had like a hundred which I read from 10-13 or so. Probably my favorite "superhero" though technically there wasn't anything exactly supernatural about any of his abilities. His father raised him from the cradle to be a 'superman'. He hired top teams of scientists to educate him and invent new exercises and techniques to strength a person's body and mind. By the time he was twenty he could outcompete nigh any olympic athlete and had doctorates in most fields of study, but his main one was surgery and medicine, hence his title of Doctor (Doc), in which he surpassed any human that had ever lived. He often had to use this talent to treat his sidekicks. And because he had such a keen understanding of the human body he learned to teach his own body even more efficiently and invented devices to test himself till his senses for example surpassed that of many animals.

His sidekicks were basically all men who were geniuses in their chosen field (chemistry, law, architecture, electronics and archaeology) and all extremely wealthy, and were bored to tears with their life and joined Doc to spice up their life. Most if not all had also served in one of the world wars I believe, so they also happened to be very combat capable.

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-06-09, 04:20 AM
Nope--I know Vandal Savage, and Michael Savage, but not Doc Savage.

Sounds like he and Batman would get along swimmingly, though. Maybe a sort of Grey Ghost thing, except he'd be a real hero and not some washed-up actor from a TV series. Batman, totally stumped on a case, convinces Savage to come out of retirement for one last big hurrah....

CelestialStick
2006-06-09, 03:08 PM
Now, the question is, does anyone but me have the slightest idea who Doc Savage is...

Yup, the Man of Bronze. He was actually the inspiration for Superman, the Man of Steel, whom they made even stronger. :D As Batman is just a guy in a rubber suit, I'd give it to Doc Savage. ;)

DraxtonSmitz
2006-06-09, 04:02 PM
Macho Man Randy Savage would drop the atomic elbow on ALL of them at once and win.

CelestialStick
2006-06-09, 04:08 PM
Macho Man Randy Savage would drop the atomic elbow on ALL of them at once and win.
Who?