PDA

View Full Version : SupersITP - IC, Issue #1

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raz_Fox
2010-05-16, 10:08 PM
Welcome to Trason City, true believers!

Trason City, situated on the East Coast, is one of the most prosperous and well-known cities in the nation. Its fame is not due to its prosperous economy, nor its prestigious academia. It is famous, because it was the hometown of The Captain. He was not the first one to exist, but he was the one that made superheroes famous. And more followed him, and others rose up to defeat him; superheroes and supervillains came out of hiding and into the public eye together, and nowhere else was this seen more boldly than it Trason.

That was fifty years ago. Most of The Captain's generation have retired already, but a new generation has risen to take their place. A generation, filled with people just like you.

Welcome to the big city, kid. Have fun.

A Guide to Trason:
Trason City can be split up into five distinct districts: The Old City, The Ivy District, New Trason, Steeltown, and Diamond Island. The last is often called The Hub, as well, being in the direct center of Trason Bay.

The Old City is a sprawling suburb on the north end of town, heavily forested and filled with parks, museums, small shopping centres and retirement homes. It was the original Trason city, and as the rest of the city grew out of it it became the old part of town, filled with old people and old money. It's one of the nicest parts of town to live in, but it isn't all sunshine and daisies - there are more thefts here than in any other part of town save New Trason, and problems in the Ivy District tend to spill out into the Old City.

The Ivy District is the hub of education, research and science for the entire state, sandwiched between the Old City and the Atlantic coastline. Trason University is here, as is the research branch of Decker Technologies. Science, learning, and art go on in the Ivy District, but mad and unethical science has grown to the point where some jaded students don't blink an eye when yet another experiment gone wrong rampages across campus.

New Trason is a mish-mash of immigrant quarter, worker's quarter, and commercial hub, stretching from the southern edge of the Old City to the western edge of Steeltown. This is the part of town that serves the lower-class, where stores are on every corner and families live in crowded apartment buildings. It's the most crime-ridden part of town, save Steeltown, but conversely it's one of the most welcoming and open parts of town, unlike the snobbish Old City or the busy Diamond Island. This is where you live when you're new in town, and this is where you go when you need to be close to work.

Steeltown is the industrial hub of Trason City, and the darkest and most crime-ridden part of the city. Gangs stalk the narrow streets between the factories, smoke fills the air, apartments serve as both places for workers to collapse between shifts and bases for the black market. It's hardly a nice place to live, but it's neccessary to keep the huge economy of Trason booming. These are the rarely-oiled gears of the city, the soot-covered bits that keep everything else nice and clean.

Diamond Island is in the dead center of Trason Bay, connected to the rest of the city via several huge bridges, as well as tunnel-highways beneath the bay. This is the Trason City the brochures boast about, where everything is made of light and polished, shining glass. Skyscrapers look down on the beautifully-kept streets, businessmen move from building to building, and tourists ooh and aah at the luxurious living conditions. It's relatively crime-free, but it's too expensive for most people to live in.

horngeek
2010-05-16, 10:16 PM
Susan Decker, CEO and primary owner of Decker Corporation, sighs, as she steps outside the function hall. "Well, that was an interesting party..."

As her limousine pulls up, she opens the door, before slipping in and doing up her seatbelt. "My house, please."

The driver nods, as Susan sits back in her seat, and the car pulls out.

IcemanJRC
2010-05-16, 10:16 PM
[The Ivy District]

A man of about 25 sits in a library, his wiry body of almost six feet sprawled out in a chair and an aged tome on his lap, he sleeps soundly as the lights exentuate his pale skin and jet black hair. Darren Knight is spending his night like every other, reading a book until the spirit that is latched to his soul drives him into doing something. That time approaches soon.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-16, 10:24 PM
[(Baby you can) Drive My Car]

Oh look! Susan's usual route home has been blocked by a large annoying crowd of protesters with signs! What with their hatred of... whatever it is they're protesting, it seems Susan will not be able to get home in time! Oh nooooooo!
Oh wait, there's another quick route, though it goes through Steeltown.

horngeek
2010-05-16, 10:29 PM
Susan sighs. "Looks like we'll have to go through Steeltown..."

The driver nods, and turns to the detour.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-05-16, 10:33 PM
[Steeltown]

A young woman walks through the back alleys, her eyes constantly shifting behind her sunglasses. She seems like she has never been to this area before. Which is true.

Krystal slowly makes her way through Steeltown, trying to find a cheap place to stay for a couple nights. She needs to start planning her new life here. Soon.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-16, 10:35 PM
[Yes I'm gonna be a star!]

Bum bum bum bum bum.
Oh look out! Oh no, too late, your driver just ran someone over. You murderer. Hopefully the 'there was nothing I could do! He just jumped in front of me!' excuse will hold out this time.

horngeek
2010-05-16, 10:36 PM
The driver flinches, as Susan... gets out, to check on the person herself.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-16, 10:48 PM
[Baby you can drive my car...]

Oh, the poor dude! He's all sprawled out and bro- oh wait, he's getting up. Wow... that's a... pretty large dude. And kinda ugly as well. All he's wearing is a pair of jeans, and the rest of him is covered in tattoos. He looks kind of mutilated as well. He grins at Susan. Well, grinning is all he can do, given his lips and cheeks seem to have been carved away, giving his lower face the appearance of a skull's. Several heavy chains are draped around him, hanging off the arms and tipped with heavy weights or blades.
If at any point Susan manages to tear her eyes away from the mutilated Giant, she'll spot that the ends of the street she's on are now being blocked by a line of people, who are steadily closing in. Among their number are some of the 'protesters.' I think Susan's keen mind can figure out what's going down.

http://swg.stratics.com/content/lore/personas/images/ackbar.gif

horngeek
2010-05-16, 10:54 PM
Susan sighs. "What do you want from me?"

She's keeping the fear out of her voice... quite admirably, but there is an undertone of it.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-16, 10:57 PM
[...and maybe I'll love you...]

The Grinning Man chuckles deep in his throat at Susan as he saunters towards the car. And starts to pick up the car by the front. Damn, he's strong. :smalleek:
Meanwhile, his buddies start to close in around Susan.

horngeek
2010-05-16, 10:58 PM
Susan scowls, and heads towards the guy. "Leave my driver out of this!"

The driver in question tries to get out of the car and RUN AWAY!

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-16, 11:05 PM
Someone tries to sap Susan over the head.
"Sorry, but that's not for you to decide."

The driver manages to escape the car, but probably falls over, due weird angle the car is at.
Car probably comes crashing down on top of driver.

horngeek
2010-05-16, 11:06 PM
Susan is sapped! And knocked out.

...the driver is crushed, and dies horribly.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-16, 11:15 PM
In her last conscious moments, Susan will see a bunch of red-clad gangsters with jerry cans pouring some liquid all over the car wreck and driver. In her state, it probably doesn't register what's happening. She doesn't see one of them throw a match into the wreck.

"C'mon boys, playtime is over. Back to the warehouse."
And they take her.

horngeek
2010-05-16, 11:17 PM
And, in fact, she is carried!

Unconsious.

<.<
>.>

They'll notice she's wearing a blue dress.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-05-16, 11:18 PM
[Steeltown]

Krystal hears the sound of the car being smashed down. She debates going over to investigate.

She decides to write it off as something falling over. And she resumes her walking.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-16, 11:26 PM
[Warehouse]

When Susan next awakes, she'll find herself sat in a chair in a small room. She's not wearing her blue dress anymore. She's not wearing much of anything, really. Just whatever underwear she had on. Across from her is a table. In the corner are a few bits and bobs, including crowbars, piping, a hose connected to a tap, and a metal barrel. The door is guarded by two men, one dark skinned, the other light, in identical outfits. Tanktops, jeans, sneakers, bandanas around their heads and faces. On the other side of the table is another chair, and on it is a man. A dark skinned man, older than Susan, heavily tattooed with a shaven head, and orange eyes. He has his hands clasped in front of him, elbows on table in a stereotypical brooding posture, and is watching Susan with a bored expression on his face.

horngeek
2010-05-16, 11:31 PM
<.<
>.>

Her underwear's white, if you're wondering.

Susan looks at him, as she wakes up. "...firstly, who are you?"

She shifts a little, noting that her arms are tied behind her back and looking at her body. "Since you've taken my dress, you want me to feel uncomfortable, I'd say."

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-16, 11:50 PM
"Your keen and analytical mind is famous, but it's quite something else to see it in person. It's quite a stunning character flaw." Says the man. His voice, contrary to what you might expect from such a big man, is soft and light.

horngeek
2010-05-16, 11:55 PM
Susan raises her eyebrows. "That is... the first time I've ever heard it described as a flaw. Care to explain?

Firstly, let's see what else I can tell. Tied to a chair, but only my arms... so, you don't want me running, but you're prepared if I do. And since I'm not gagged, you want me to talk, or we're somewhere where me calling out doesn't actually matter. Probably both. Same with not blindfolding me. There must be something you want me to see, I assume.

Since all your faces are covered... well, except for yours... you're the only one not worried about the possibility of the police."

And then she deadtimes. >.<

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-17, 12:12 AM
Oh right. She's tied to the chair. I forgot. Arms bound.
"Because your analyses can so often be read as rudeness or borderline arrogance by even those who really should know better."
He starts laying down a series of blue-prints down on the table, one next to the other.

horngeek
2010-05-17, 02:28 AM
:smalltongue: Yep. Thought she'd be bound in at least some way, but since you didn't mention it... I'll edit my earlier posts.

Susan shrugs, as well as she can with her arms tied to the chair. "I think of it as a curse or gift, depending on what the situation is. I have the belief that there are very few character traits that are purely 'flaws'. Or that are purely positive. I'm stong-willed, but that also means I can ignore opinions other than my own. Positive and negative, the world just tends to see the positive. And the analysis means I don't panic easily- such as now, for example.

Let me guess. You want me to built that, right?"

Susan has a look at the blueprints.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-17, 04:39 AM
"Just a prototype. We also want a million dollars by Saturday, or we send your company a head in a box, but that's out of your hands now."

The blueprints detail a roughly telephone booth sized device, with a space inside where a man stands, hooked up to a bunch of cables and breathing in a bunch of chemicals or something while the whole thing is charged up by an electromagnetic thingamajigger and transmitting waves or whatever. It's kinda complicated, but feasible. Well, feasible for Susan.

horngeek
2010-05-17, 05:01 AM
Susan looks at him. "What happens if I refuse to build this... 'prototype' for you?

For that matter, what's it meant to do?"

Susan's already trying to figure that out by the blueprint. :smalltongue:

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-17, 05:14 AM
Amplifier of some sort, but she can't tell what of. Presumably something to do with the man who has to sit in it.
"We torture you until you do. What else?"

horngeek
2010-05-17, 05:16 AM
"...what is it for?"

She looks at him. Looking cautious.

Creed
2010-05-17, 05:31 AM
Above the Trinity Sake Bar, New Trason

Alistaire sat watching the video coverage of Sthe above Susan Decker case.
I hate the press. They always twist everything around. he sys quietly to himself

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-17, 06:07 AM
"It's an amplifier. It gathers ζ-particles from the atmosphere and infuses them into the subject at point A, who can retransmit them out of here at point B."
Yay technobabble! And for the first time in her life, probably something Susan doesn't understand, since ζ-particles are only studied to in Eldritch Paraphysics, which is probably not a field Susan is familiar with.

horngeek
2010-05-17, 06:09 AM
Susan's eyes narrow. "And the end effect?

I assume it has something to do with magic, since I have no idea what those particles are."

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-17, 06:16 AM
"To start a cliche: That information's on a need-to-know basis..."
He smiles thinly. It doesn't reach his eyes.
"I'm sure you can guess the rest."

horngeek
2010-05-17, 06:21 AM
Susan sighs. "Yeah, see, I've always had a policy of never building something unless I know exactly what it can actually... well, do."

She looks at him. "Which I'm not going to abandon. I'm not building what could be, for all I know, something capable of blowing up the city. So, unless you're willing to tell me what it's going to actually do, we've got a problem."

She sighs again. "Great."

Seems more resigned than anything else.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-17, 06:27 AM
"Have we? Because see, I don't like problems. So, if you know what's what, you better make sure there is no more problem."
The two guards at the door shift slightly.

horngeek
2010-05-17, 06:47 AM
Susan looks at him. "I've never built something that I don't know the purpose of. I do that intentionally. And I'm not about to start now.

Before I can even give you an answer as to whether I'd build it or not, I need to know what it actually does. Not 'it works like this'. I need to know what its purpose is. If you don't want to tell me that... then, at present, I have to refuse to build this."

As before, she looks resigned. She knew how this was going to go... she'd just have to try to bear the pain.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-17, 07:02 AM
The man stands up, revealing exactly how tall he is. And he's quite tall. He saunters over to the corner, to where the various bits and bobs are located. He picks up a pair of iron bars, and then the hollow steel drum, hefting first one, then the other, as if weighing them.

"Yes... this'll work just fine."
He turns, and gives Susan another fake smile, as the two guards come and remove the table, bringing it to another corner.
"You may be an excellent scientist... but tell me... how well do you know your history?"

horngeek
2010-05-17, 07:06 AM
Susan looks at him. "Fair knowledge. More than the average person, but I'm not an expert in the field.

And my knowledge of medieval torture devices is lacking. I never felt the need to find out the various methods they had of causing pain and suffering."

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-17, 07:46 AM
"Hah hah, no. Funny how people seem to default to the medieval period. But really, why bother with those ridiculous devices? The Vietnamese, for example, found all sorts of creative ways to cause pain, all with stuff they found in their metaphorical back yard."
He plants a hand on Susan's chest and attempts to push her over backwards. Note, this really hurts. And for some reason, the pain seems to last a few seconds more than it should.
The two mooks will start to drag her to a spot on the floor, where there is a circular slot which, from what Susan can tell, will accommodate the drum perfectly.

horngeek
2010-05-17, 07:49 AM
Susan grits her teeth, and only lets out a small grunt. As she's dragged to the slot, she looks at him. "You mentioned history, I assumed you were going to use a historical device.

Let me guess, I go in the drum?

And you don't seem to be worried about anyone else hearing me scream. So, either this warehouse has something stopping sound, we're a long way from anyone who might hear, or you've still got something planned to keep me quiet while you torture me."

...she's basically analysing the situation to take her mind off the pain.

Raz_Fox
2010-05-17, 07:58 AM
This is where her story begins.

Well, no. That's not quite true. But it's where she gets into the lives of everyone else. No one asks Coyote where he was born or what he did for a living before going into the trickster business, they're too busy having their lives turned upside down. Besides, stories don't begin. They just continue, because nothing ever ends.

But her story is picked up in the Steeltown district, where a police cordon has been placed around a ruined car, and Police Detective Kit Anser is looking for evidence. Evidently, someone introduced the car to the pavement. Multiple times.

Kit feels a strong gust of wind on the back of her neck, and she looks up to see Kid Zephyr, taking a look around. "This isn't your part of town, kid," she says. Kit likes the supers, but most in the force don't. Too much paperwork just to accomadate the glory-hogs.

"The entire city is my part of town, ma'am - I will go anywhere that truth and justice need defending, as well as successful businesswomen who are a credit to their gender, especially when no one's on the verge of making a horrifying monstrosity back in ol' Ivy. So, tell me, what are we looking at here? Murder, kidnapping, hostage situation, what?" KZ went for entire paragraphs without taking a breath - her stupendous speed wasn't simply in her legs.

"Hostage situation. We recieved a typical ransom note - don't send in any supers or she'll get hurt, give us a million dollars by Saturday or she dies. Problem is, we can't track down who sent it."

KZ taps her chin for a moment, thinking. She can't go zipping around Steeltown, because then she might get Miss Decker hurt. On the other hand, she needs to do something... "Thank you, officer! I'll do some investigation of my own, incognito."

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-17, 08:08 AM
[Steeltown Warehouse]

The man looks at Susan with mild amusement, with eyes that are now, for some reason, solid orange.
"Ah, but it is a historical device. A relic from the Vietnam War. Oh, and you're being quite rude. I think it's time we put a stop to that as well."
And so the drum comes down over Susan's head, trapping her in the pitch black drum. The only light come from the holes punched in the top which conveniently enough also allow her to breath.
Outside the drum, Apostle tightens his grip on the two metal bars and swings them together at the drum, like a baseball player hitting a home run.
"Bong!"
Imagine, for a second, cymbals. Not the little dinky ones that toy monkeys clap together. I mean the real ones. Each one as big as a hubcap, all shiny and brass as they come crashing together right next to your ear. It really hurts, doesn't it? Now imagine that, except all around you, echoing. You're sitting in a confined space. A space like that, why, the sound would last several seconds wouldn't it, bouncing around, drilling into your brain like a pair of sonic drills. And even before the first sound ends, another one comes, adding to the pain that's steadily invading your eardrums...
Apostle takes his third blow, then stops, and hands an iron bar each to his little lackeys.
"One hour, then put her in the tube."
He turns, opens the door to the sound-proofed room, and exits, not even looking back as the two men set about to assaulting the metal drum, participating in their task with gusto. He closes the door before a clang can escape.

Saint Nil
2010-05-17, 08:28 AM
The city was quiet, the smell of honey suckles filling the air, a lofty breeze making this an ideal day........if not for the smell of smoke filling the sky as the burning building slowly started to collapse on the inside.

Jason lived in the park, much to the dislike of many of the old money families who spent their time their. His neighbor Tom was a war veteran, and served his country well. Unfortunately, his children did not serve him so well, dumping him on the street when his pension checks weren't enough to counter balance his cost of living. He mostly told war stories to those who would listen, age being kind enough to make him unaware of his current situation.

Jason was lying down, until he felt the call that somewhere in New Trason something was happening. Leaving his "home", he ducked into a shadowy corner, and called upon the name of God.

In a burst of Golden light, the Samaritan flew to the scene. He quickly helped the children out of the building, as the Fire Department did their job and put out the fire. Seeing the media coming, the Samaritan took ot teh sky, but something stopped him dead in his tracks .

Something is horribly wrong.

He went where the premonition told him to go, whether that be to the crime itslef or wherever he was needed to stop it.

Raz_Fox
2010-05-17, 08:50 AM
Steeltown was one of those places where an unaccompanied lady could get into trouble, even in the morning. Especially someone like Isla Winters, the be-autiful college student. But desperate times called for desperate measures.

Now, Decker was kidnapped in Steeltown, and that in and of itself wasn't a lead. But there were only a few Steeltown gangs with the pull and gall to try something like this, and if there happened to be some supervillain pulling the strings here - well, using an abandoned warehouse to store a hostage was practically tradition.

Luckily, Isla found something within the first fifteen minutes. Unluckily - "Hey, you! What d'you think you're doing?"

Isla looked up from the warehouse door she was trying to unlock. "Health and Safety, sir. Got to make sure the warehouses here aren't violating safety concerns. Sorry, but the job's got to be done. And... I left my keys at home?"

Turns out that the thug who noticed her had friends, who happened to be on either side of the warehouse. About six of them. With hungry looks in their eyes. Brilliant detective work, Isla. You found something, at least.

This was why she hated Steeltown.

horngeek
2010-05-17, 09:14 AM
As Susan is tortured like this... she simply tries to shut it out.

For now... she's doing admirably well. Her abilities are in the mind to a large degree, and she has considerable willpower.

But it still hurts. She thrashes about a bit, but mainly just tries to think of something else.

Anything else. Not about how long she had left... it had to end eventually, right? There'd be a pause. If only a small one.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-17, 09:22 AM
Eventually... and this is a very long 'eventually' mind you, the clanging stops. Not that Susan would notice right away. Her ears are most likely ringing something fierce.
So she's taken to this mysterious 'tube.' Well, not so mysterious anymore. Susan finds it's just that. A seven foot vertical tube dug into the Earth, too narrow to sit or even squat in. All she can do is stand still, or possibly lean on one of the walls. And a rather heavy manhole cover is put into place above her, with only a trio of air holes to keep her company.
Hopefully she gets rescued before she feels the... uh... urge. Standing in your own waste must be so disheartening.

horngeek
2010-05-17, 09:43 AM
Susan sighs, and rests... as well as she can, anyway.

Which isn't that well. Apart from her ears still ringing, there isn't room to relax. "You still... haven't convinced me... you bastards."

{{I assume she's not tied to the chair anymore. :smalltongue:

Actually, it occurs to me that with Apostle's powers, simply tying her up extremely tightly could become a constant form of torture. :smalleek:}}

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-17, 09:48 AM
And nao... ve vait!
Unless ye be wanting Susan to be tortured moar.

horngeek
2010-05-17, 09:49 AM
Maybe in the morning. For now, I have to get to bed.

...if she hasn't been rescued in 5 hours RT, then she can be tortured some moar. :smalltongue:

Saint Nil
2010-05-17, 10:39 AM
Steeltown was one of those places where an unaccompanied lady could get into trouble, even in the morning. Especially someone like Isla Winters, the be-autiful college student. But desperate times called for desperate measures.

Now, Decker was kidnapped in Steeltown, and that in and of itself wasn't a lead. But there were only a few Steeltown gangs with the pull and gall to try something like this, and if there happened to be some supervillain pulling the strings here - well, using an abandoned warehouse to store a hostage was practically tradition.

Luckily, Isla found something within the first fifteen minutes. Unluckily - "Hey, you! What d'you think you're doing?"

Isla looked up from the warehouse door she was trying to unlock. "Health and Safety, sir. Got to make sure the warehouses here aren't violating safety concerns. Sorry, but the job's got to be done. And... I left my keys at home?"

Turns out that the thug who noticed her had friends, who happened to be on either side of the warehouse. About six of them. With hungry looks in their eyes. Brilliant detective work, Isla. You found something, at least.

This was why she hated Steeltown.

As Kid Zephyr is no doubt surrounded, she will she a golden blur crash in front of her. The Samaritan land, pavement crushing below him, as he backhands one goon with his shield. He will turn to KZ and give her a simile saying

"Need a hand, miss?"

If she says yes, they will fight crime!

Raz_Fox
2010-05-17, 10:55 AM
Isla grins, and takes the opportunity to insert the toe of her shoe into the groin of one of the distracted thugs. "Certainly, sir! Six to one isn't very sporting, after all."

Now, she really does try not to use her speed while not in costume, but nonchalantly dodging punches that seem to move at glacial speed is a-okay. She tries to stay out of the way, so Samaritan can focus on the thugs. "Keep it quiet, if you could, big guy. I don't really want to get in bigger trouble."

I will point out that she's currently not in the KZ costume, as she's trying not to get Susan in bigger trouble. Hijinks may ensue.

Saint Nil
2010-05-17, 11:04 AM
Samaritan is unaware she is anything but a normal girl, and continuesfly at enough speed to get behind the thugs to knock them out while trying to avoid hurting them too severely.

He will try to do it as quickly as possible, dropping such normal thugs in less than a few seconds. During this he will first take out any near Isla, thankful for her lack of injury, even if it is a bit unusual.

Young lady, what are you doing he......

As he speaks, Samaritan continues to feel the sense that he is needed somewhere near here, but is getting mixed signals.

I'm sorry, I am the Samaritan. Who are you?

Hopefully, she might be able to clear up his confusion.

Raz_Fox
2010-05-17, 11:18 AM
As the last thug falls unconscious, Isla grins at Samaritan. "My name - or at least, the one you may know me by - is Kid Zephyr! You're probably here for the same reason that I'm here, right?" She pauses for a half-second, looking him up and down, and then says, rather impatiently, "The kidnapped CEO? Susan Decker of Decker Technologies? The one who's probably here somewhere - because, after all, abandoned warehouses attract supervillains like flies, and I doubt anyone else would be able to pull off that kidnapping - you are here about that, right? Because we'd better move quickly."

Saint Nil
2010-05-17, 11:23 AM
.........I should have guessed.

Still a little shocked that this girl is the hero Kid Zephyr, Samaritan is immediantly refocused by the call, the smystical sense that tells him where to go. He looks towards the direction Susan is hidden, knowing now why he was sent here.

Thank you Kid Zephyr, I know you can keep up. Lets go save Susan Decker.

Samaritan will take to the air, and head towards the warehouse Decker is in.

TO avoid more conflict, Samaritan will offer to carry KZ. When he reaches the warehouse, he will crash through the roof, so KZ will need a different entry point id she runs.

Raz_Fox
2010-05-17, 11:28 AM
"Give me five ticks, and I'll be with you, big guy." And then she's gone. Out of Steeltown, across Trason Bay, back to her apartment in Ivy; she pulls the costume on, adjusts it, then runs back. Okay, so maybe it was more like ten ticks, but it's still fast enough.

"Right, ready. Were you planning on breaking down the door, sweeping in, rescuing the damsel and flying away? Because I'm no body-builder, but I think I can carry her out, if you can keep any guards that may be around off my back."

Saint Nil
2010-05-17, 11:34 AM
I think we can do that.:smallamused:

I'm more worried about if she needs a hospital.

The call begins to overwhelm him, as Samaritan yells for KZ to follow him as he speeds off to save Susan.

Raz_Fox
2010-05-17, 11:39 AM
"I can get her to a hospital easily. It's more important that we don't get in each other's way - otherwise, we get confusion, and that's never good. She runs for a bit, then points out: "You know, it'd be nice if you could give me, say, a warehouse number or something. Or does your angel-sense only work in vagueness? Actually, that's rather fitting - preserves the dramatic tension." KZ is racing alongside Samaritan - well, I say racing, I mean lightly jogging to preserve her energy. And she's still able to easily keep up with him.

Saint Nil
2010-05-17, 12:00 PM
Trust me, I'd love something more specific, but I'm given what I need.

At Samaritan flight speed, they reach the warehouse in a less than 10 seconds, with Samaritan being rather rude, bursting in without knocking, leaving a hole plenty large for KZ to slip through.

Creed
2010-05-17, 02:48 PM
Meanwhile somewhere else in Steeltown

I'll ask you one more time. What do you know about the Decker kidnapping?
"I don't know nothin' man!"
Alistaire pulled the Prismatic bolt from the hood of the man's jacket, the same hood that secured the man to the brick wall.
Go away. You disgust me. Consider yourself lucky to be alive.
The man ran off down the allyway and Alistaire set back off into the concrete and steel jungle, wondering how secretive this kidnapping could be if this many people had no idea what was going on.
Alistaire silently wondered if he had gotten in over his head with this one.
Then he shook the idea ot of his head and continued searching for likely suspects.

He may see KZ and Samaritan, 'cause they're being not very stealthy.

ApeofLight
2010-05-17, 03:11 PM
Trinity Sake Bar

A man dressed in a brownish gray traditional fighting gi walks into the bar. He looks around the room and dismisses most of the people there, most of them looked and felt weak.

The man rubs his nearly shaved head and walks over to a seat. He closes his eyes and waits for some one to approach. Once one does all he will say is to bring him some rice.

Creed
2010-05-17, 03:15 PM
Trinity Sake Bar

A man dressed in a brownish gray traditional fighting gi walks into the bar. He looks around the room and dismisses most of the people there, most of them looked and felt weak.

The man rubs his nearly shaved head and walks over to a seat. He closes his eyes and waits for some one to approach. Once one does all he will say is to bring him some rice.

Alistaire's phone rings.
Yes?
WHERE ARE YOU MICHAEL WE HAVE CUSTOMERS!
On my way, Mr. Inagi.
Alistaire sighed and walked up to a few thugs on motorcycles.
Yeah I need to borrow that.

----------------------------------------------
A few minutes later Alistaire runs in and goes in back. He changes into his uniform and goes out to the man waiting.
Sorry for the wait, rice is it? I'll be right out with it.

The man may notices the long, black tatoos covering the young man's body. Tatoo's similar to those reported by I-witnesses to belong to a person called Pryzm.

ApeofLight
2010-05-17, 03:19 PM
Once the rice arrives the man takes it and begins to eat the rice with chopsticks so well it seems he's done it all his life. " Can you tell me who the strongest person in this city is? " He asks when the rice is brought to him.

Creed
2010-05-17, 03:23 PM
Once the rice arrives the man takes it and begins to eat the rice with chopsticks so well it seems he's done it all his life. " Can you tell me who the strongest person in this city is? " He asks when the rice is brought to him.

Like, in a fight? the young man seems confused as to the context.

ApeofLight
2010-05-17, 03:28 PM
" Yes. " Is all the man says continuing to slowly eat his rice.

Beans
2010-05-17, 03:29 PM
[Shady Phone Booth in New Trason's Outskirts]
Vin Carlione walks into the booth. His greased-back black hair shines in the dim streetlights' glow.
He picks up the phone and reaches to dial...
No need to dial, Mr. Carlione.
He fails to stop a hissing intake of breath. The voice is strange, androgynous, and sounds distorted.
Don't be flustered. It's a little trick of mine.
"I'm not flustered." Vin internally rebukes his own slip. "You just startled me a little."
Of course. And now to business?
"Yeah, sure. What do you want, Komm?"
I am looking for... accomplices. And not, for the moment at least, accomplices of the... average sort.

"I see what you mean... I've got one or two I could call up for you."
Delightful. Our conversation ends, Mr. Carlione.
"Indeed it does..."
He puts the phone back on its hook and heads straight out of the booth. He'd rather not remain in it too long.

Creed
2010-05-17, 03:30 PM
" Yes. " Is all the man says continuing to slowly eat his rice.

The young man shrugs Lots of people try to prove that they are on the steets every day. This Decker kidnapping thing is just more proof of that. I'm not 100% sure, but whoever kidnapped the Decker CEO is probably claiming that title right now.

ApeofLight
2010-05-17, 03:34 PM
The man neatly finishes eating and puts his chopsticks laying on top of the bowl the rice came in. He takes a breath and opens his eyes looking at Michael. " I have no interest on who claims the tittle or not. I do not care about that. What I want to know is this. Who. Is. The. Strongest? " He says this all calmly but there is an edge to his words.

Creed
2010-05-17, 03:35 PM
The man neatly finishes eating and puts his chopsticks laying on top of the bowl the rice came in. He takes a breath and opens his eyes looking at Michael. " I have no interest on who claims the tittle or not. I do not care about that. What I want to know is this. Who. Is. The. Strongest? " He says this all calmly but there is an edge to his words.

Let me say it in plain english. I. don't. know.

ApeofLight
2010-05-17, 03:46 PM
The man sighs. " Waste of my time. " He says and stands up. He then calmly and coolly walks to the door without paying.

Creed
2010-05-17, 03:48 PM
The man sighs. " Waste of my time. " He says and stands up. He then calmly and coolly walks to the door without paying.

Alistaire storms out into the street after him.
Hey buddy! Food cost money you know!

ApeofLight
2010-05-17, 03:49 PM
The man doesn't stop but continues on walking. He barks out a short laugh. " HA, once you provide something worth paying for then I'll pay you. " He says and continues down the street.

Creed
2010-05-17, 03:53 PM
The man doesn't stop but continues on walking. He barks out a short laugh. " HA, once you provide something worth paying for then I'll pay you. " He says and continues down the street.

A cloud of red energy momentarily flashes around Alistaire, then he closes his eyes and it dissapears.
He walks inside and cleans the dead-beat's table, shoving a five into the cash register to cover the guy's meal.
Damn it. Someone's probably already found Decker by now.

Beans
2010-05-17, 04:00 PM
[Radio Time!]
Anybody whose radio is tuned to 91.5, Ivy Radio (popular in a geeky way), hears...

"Comin' at you live, it's 91.5, Ivy Radio! It's time for our movie review session with Miss Olivia Scerbain!"
Thank you, Tod.
Now, folks, it's time to hark back to the Batman series... and look at the worst one.
Batman and Robin.
Witty, funny review blah blah blah.

IcemanJRC
2010-05-17, 04:05 PM
Istening to his radio, Darren chuckles, grins and other sorts of response that would be elicited.
Maybe I could head down to the station one day, that'd make for a good way to kill time...
Ghost sits in his apartment alone with just a book and a radio because he's boring.

Creed
2010-05-17, 04:05 PM
[Radio Time!]
Anybody whose radio is tuned to 91.5, Ivy Radio (popular in a geeky way), hears...

Witty, funny review blah blah blah.

Alistaire only hears a slip of it as he walks down the hall to his apartment.
The sparse, bare, etcetera, apartment.
He goes into the bedroom and boots up a few laptops.
Welcome back, L. they said simultaneously. The generic start message.
Now let's see what we can learn about Susan Decker of Decker Tech., eh internet?

IcemanJRC
2010-05-17, 04:11 PM
Darren stands as a spirit, one of three he has sweep the city weekly, reports to him.
Seems that this missing Decker girl is drawing lots of interest. Let's go get some of our own info, shall we?
He pulls on his trench coat and begins travle to the Ivy Radio brodcasting station.

Beans
2010-05-17, 04:14 PM
[Ivy Radio Station]
Olivia Scerbain will be the first person he meets here. She's a young woman in her 20s; shortish brown hair, green eyes, average skin. She's fairly pretty---not gorgeous, just pretty in a normal sort of way. She wears glasses and casual clothes.
Er, hi, can I help you?

IcemanJRC
2010-05-17, 04:18 PM
Recognizing her voice he holds out his hand,
Hello Miss Scerbain. I am Darren, I've come down to the station to see if you have Amy information on the kidnapping of Susan Decker, CEO of the Decker Corporation.
He smiles politely.

horngeek
2010-05-17, 04:21 PM
Susan Decker. Age 24, father named Julian Decker, and was apparently the founder of Decker Tech. Noted for being one of the smartest human beings on the planet, and has advanced several areas of study considerably. Notably, she has moved away from the 'lethal weapons' that her father has designed, moving towards non-lethal weaponry, as well as some research on miniaturised power sources.

Also, the one million dollars seems far too small for someone such as her. Apparently, her assets put her in serious contention for the title of 'richest woman in the world'.

Beans
2010-05-17, 04:22 PM
[Ivy Radio]
She shakes it with an apologetic smile.
Sorry, but we're still searching for leads too. We really don't know much more about it than anyone else.

IcemanJRC
2010-05-17, 04:25 PM
[Ivy Radio]
She shakes it with an apologetic smile.
Sorry, but we're still searching for leads too. We really don't know much more about it than anyone else.

Hm... Thank you for your time, but I have one last question, would you like to search for leads with me in Steel City where she was kidnapped?
He raises one of his eyebrows in questioning and looks at you curiously.

Beans
2010-05-17, 04:26 PM
Hm... Thank you for your time, but I have one last question, would you like to search for leads with me in Steel City where she was kidnapped?
He raises one of his eyebrows in questioning and looks at you curiously.

Thanks for your offer, but no thank you.

Creed
2010-05-17, 04:33 PM
Susan Decker. Age 24, father named Julian Decker, and was apparently the founder of Decker Tech. Noted for being one of the smartest human beings on the planet, and has advanced several areas of study considerably. Notably, she has moved away from the 'lethal weapons' that her father has designed, moving towards non-lethal weaponry, as well as some research on miniaturised power sources.

Also, the one million dollars seems far too small for someone such as her. Apparently, her assets put her in serious contention for the title of 'richest woman in the world'.

Alistaire bites his thumb in a Death Note mocking manner (at least his knees aren't against his chest!).
How could someone that smart be kidnapped by an average thug? And why was a weapons company CEO not armed? And why is the ransom so low?
Alistaire slides his office chair over to a small black laptop. He had stolen it from the trunk of a patrol car about a month back. Time to see what the authorities knew. He opened up the police database and started going over the case so far.

IcemanJRC
2010-05-17, 04:34 PM
Thanks for your offer, but no thank you.

If your worried about your safety I can garuntee you won't get hurt, but whatever.
He turns and begins to walk away, obviously and casually phasing through the door.

Beans
2010-05-17, 04:36 PM
[Ivy Radio]
She doubletakes as he phases out.
((And brief-ish dedtiem.))

IcemanJRC
2010-05-17, 04:42 PM
Darren chuckles walks out of sight and phases back into the building, this time invisible, to watch Olivia's reaction, and just watch because he wants to.

Beans
2010-05-17, 04:50 PM
[Ivy Radio]
She's done for the day, so she returns to her apartment in...

[New Trason]
Rar, she goes here.

IcemanJRC
2010-05-17, 04:53 PM
[New Trason]

Ghost enjoys stalking radio personalities.

ThePhantom
2010-05-17, 04:53 PM
[The Ball]

At one of the relatively popular nightclubs in New Trason, the music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuhqoZvyntA) plays as Mister D. dances across the floor.

"Listen up dudes! Its almost time for Disco Night Fever!"

The dancers cheer as the clock moves closer to the time when the dance contest begins.

------

Elsewhere in New Trason

In the night of a jewelery store, Mister D. hums the music as he cut the cases open with a glass cutter.

Beans
2010-05-17, 04:55 PM
[The Ball]
Zeno (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8467633&postcount=35) V5 is tending the bar at The Ball; he likes the music, moving to it a little as he bartends.

[NT Apartment]
She goes into her apartment and sits on her couch.
Boring.

IcemanJRC
2010-05-17, 05:03 PM
[NT Apartment]

Ghost pipes out, in a voice not the same as when he first met her as Darren,
I thought you'd be a little more interesting.

Beans
2010-05-17, 05:04 PM
[NT]
Olivia jumps a little.
I have a gun and a permit for it.
Who the hell are you and what the hell are you doing in my apartment?

ThePhantom
2010-05-17, 05:14 PM
[The Ball]

Mister D. dances to the bar.

"So, Zeno dude, how the drinks going? Folks, like, paying their tab?"

------
[jewelery store]

And with a little flick, Mister D. puts the last of the jewelery into his afro.

"A little cash, and this swing king is out of here."

He struts over to the cashier station, and starts helping himself.

IcemanJRC
2010-05-17, 05:14 PM
[NT Apartment]
You'll have to do better then a gun to scare me, but as to who I am, I am someone who just wants to be friends. I won't hurt you.
He touches her shoulder and it should be slightly cold.

Beans
2010-05-17, 05:16 PM
[The Ball]
Everyone's paying up, Mister D. The synth-dude smiles with his silvery teeth.

[NT Apartment]
She sighs and scowls.
You've made a crappy first impression.
How the hell did you get into my apartment?

ThePhantom
2010-05-17, 05:20 PM
[The Ball]

Mister D. flashs a big grin at Zeno, as he spins onto a barstool.

"Just the way I like it. Also, dude, you have got to tell me how you get that fab smile, I can, like, see myself in your teeth, dude."

Beans
2010-05-17, 05:25 PM
[The Ball]
'S just how we synths are built, I guess. Though I bet you could get tooth-cover things like these if you got together with a jeweller, a dentist, and a welder. He shrugs.

IcemanJRC
2010-05-17, 05:26 PM
[NT Apartment]
I walked throught the door, sorry if I scared you.

Beans
2010-05-17, 05:28 PM
[NT Apartment]
I walked throught the door, sorry if I scared you.

... Through the door?
Like, ghost-style?
... Why are you still here, honestly?

ThePhantom
2010-05-17, 05:30 PM
[The Ball]

"I'll stick with my own teeth. No reason to throw off my natural groove."

-----
[jewelery store]

And after taking the money, Mister D. taps his sunglasses, and appears to fold up, disappearing inside them.

(deadtime)

IcemanJRC
2010-05-17, 05:31 PM
... Through the door?
Like, ghost-style?
... Why are you still here, honestly?

Exactly my style, and I'm still here to see if your sure you don't want to take me up on my offer. It still stands.

Beans
2010-05-17, 05:31 PM
[NT Apartment]
My answer still stands: NO.
Goodbye.
Angry!

IcemanJRC
2010-05-17, 05:38 PM
[NT Apartment]
My answer still stands: NO.
Goodbye.
Angry!

He chuckles,
Fiesty, I can respect that. But if you ever get curious about the case, or me, just ask for Darren Knight at the university and someone will get me for you.
You can tell that he left the room, not neccasarily the premises, but the room.

Beans
2010-05-17, 05:40 PM
[NT]
She glares so hard he can almost feel it; she waits until she thinks he is fully gone before showering.

IcemanJRC
2010-05-17, 05:47 PM
He would never have watched her shower, that would not be in his best interests any way.

[Steel Town]
Ghost is stalking around Steel Town, looking for leads to the Susan Decker case, fully visible and tangible.
That girl was certainly interesting...

In his head pipes a voice,
You shouldn't antagonize her.
I thought you didn't like to talk to me...
This is an exception. I have come to discuss your plan of action in finding the Decker girl.
Don't have one yet...
Your pitiful.

Ghost continues to walk and squabble with Artanis.

Beans
2010-05-17, 05:52 PM
((Yeah, sure. :smalltongue:))
[NT]
She finishes showering.

---
Alastaire will eventually get a phone call.

Creed
2010-05-17, 05:54 PM
((Yeah, sure. :smalltongue:))
[NT]
She finishes showering.

---
Alastaire will eventually get a phone call.

Alistaire picks up, not recognizing the number on caller ID.
He says in a slightly slurred voice, like he's been drinking
'ello? Anybodies there?

Beans
2010-05-17, 05:56 PM
[NT]
"Pryz? It's Vic.
Got a potential job for ya. Weirdo called Der Telesomething.
... You been drinkin'?"

Creed
2010-05-17, 05:58 PM
[NT]
"Pryz? It's Vic.
Got a potential job for ya. Weirdo called Der Telesomething.
... You been drinkin'?"

No. Just worried someone had caught up with me. Can never be too careful. What does Dr. Telephone want?

Beans
2010-05-17, 05:59 PM
[NT]
"He... she... it says it wants help with a job. Bank security box belonging to the University."

Creed
2010-05-17, 06:00 PM
[NT]
"He... she... it says it wants help with a job. Bank security box belonging to the University."

The phone is silent for a second I'm in. But I want to meet to meet...it. Set up a meeting and get back to me.

Beans
2010-05-17, 06:01 PM
[NT]
"Alright. Tonight good for you?"

Creed
2010-05-17, 06:02 PM
[NT]
"Alright. Tonight good for you?"

Don't know why it wouldn't be. Have it choose a location.

Beans
2010-05-17, 06:03 PM
[NT]
There is a pause, and then it sounds like Vic's got another phone on his other ear with somebody speaking into it.
"On top of the old Heisman building."

IcemanJRC
2010-05-17, 06:04 PM
[Steel City Warehouse(Where everyone's at...)]

Ghost approaches a warehouse with a large hole in the wall and peers inside.

Shut up Artanis, this is important.

His spiritual companion silences himself and Ghost observes the happenings of the warehouse, invisibly.

Creed
2010-05-17, 06:05 PM
[NT]
There is a pause, and then it sounds like Vic's got another phone on his other ear with somebody speaking into it.
"On top of the old Heisman building."

I'll be there. Alistaire hangs up and starts closing down computers.

Beans
2010-05-17, 06:07 PM
When he heads to the building (on the edge of Steel Town nearest to NT)...
[Steel Town, Heisman Building]
Vic is there in his usual suit, as is... something in the shadows. A tall figure... top-hatted?
Eye-like things glint glassily.

Creed
2010-05-17, 06:10 PM
[Steel Town, Heisman Building]
Alistaire shows up in his usual outfit with a messenger bag.
To have some semblance of secrecy, he has a black, featureless mask on.

Falgorn
2010-05-17, 06:13 PM
Random Highway Somewhere
Jack Agostini rides his motorcycle across the highway, his intent being on going to the closest place where he can get some good money for the day. A villain's work is never done.
He changes the radio station to one of reggae, a music he's familiar with, and rolls down the highway at high speeds.
(You know what would be funny, Creed and Beans, if they robbed the same place.
Awkwardness.)

Beans
2010-05-17, 06:14 PM
[HB, ST]
"So, Pryzm, this is..."
I am Der Telekomm Konduktor. The figure shifts; the eye-like things (lenses?) glint.
So, what do you want me to tell you about the deal?

The voice is distorted and androgynous.
((Sure. They're probably not going for the same thing anyway. DTK wants this case of metal.))

Creed
2010-05-17, 06:15 PM
[HB, ST]
"So, Pryzm, this is..."
I am Der Telekomm Konduktor. The figure shifts; the eye-like things (lenses?) glint.
So, what do you want me to tell you about the deal?

1: What the hell are we stealing.
2: From where.
3: How fast do you want it done.

Beans
2010-05-17, 06:22 PM
1: What the hell are we stealing.
2: From where.
3: How fast do you want it done.

We are stealing a small case from Ivy University's deposit security box, number 335, in the Duralok Bank in New Transon. And I would like it done quickly.

Creed
2010-05-17, 06:25 PM
We are stealing a small case from Ivy University's deposit security box, number 335, in the Duralok Bank in New Transon. And I would like it done quickly.

One last question. What's in it for me? I don't just break into banks for fun. OK, I do, but that's beside the point.

Beans
2010-05-17, 06:28 PM
[NT]
Money from the bank itself.
Would that suffice?

Creed
2010-05-17, 06:32 PM
[NT]
Money from the bank itself.
Would that suffice?

I'm in. Let's go. Alistaire starts to walk away and turns back to Vic.
First thing's first. Vic, is this guy legit? Any credentials? Ever seen them peg a guy?

Beans
2010-05-17, 06:34 PM
[NT]
"This... person... Komm... he---she---it's legit alright. Security cameras and microphones just don't catch 'em. Not afraid to kill, but not trigger-happy."

DTK leaps over the side of the building, landing on those ridiculous platform boots with a faint toomph.
Shock absorbers?

Creed
2010-05-17, 06:35 PM
[NT]
"This... person... Komm... he---she---it's legit alright. Security cameras and microphones just don't catch 'em. Not afraid to kill, but not trigger-happy."

Alistaire nods, satisfied. He then turns to DTK
When? Tonight? damnit they jumped off.
Alistaire gets a run up and jumps as well, pulling a purple disk from midair and floats down slowly with it in his hand.

Beans
2010-05-17, 06:40 PM
[NT]
Tonight. Comes from over the edge of the building. Not a very tall building at all.

Creed
2010-05-17, 06:43 PM
[NT]
Tonight. Comes from over the edge of the building. Not a very tall building at all.

See above.
Alistaire takes off his mask upon landing and puts it in his messenger bag. It then occurs to DTK than he couldn't be older than 17 or 18. His hand comes out with a pistol, which he slides into his pocket.
Let's go. I should be able to deal with the guards. You deal with the tech security, if you're as good as Vic says, that should be no problem.

Beans
2010-05-17, 06:44 PM
They head toward the bank...

((Falgy?))

horngeek
2010-05-17, 07:31 PM
Meanwhile... Susan is still trying to get some rest.

{{And I assume she isn't tied to the chair anymore, right?}}

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-17, 08:04 PM
Of course not! Such a thing would be redundant. Tube room, and indeed, all the side rooms of the warehouse are soundproofed.
Meanwhile, the Samaritan has bust down a wall, and appears in the main space of the warehouse. One of the subdivisions, anyway. Roughly the size of an assembly hall. A warehouse this size would fit around three of these subdivisions. Nothing much in it. Crates and stuff, probably weapons or drugs or both. Gang stuff.
"What the Hell?"
"Heroes!"
"Dammit, why they always gotta burst into our $&@%!?"
"Don't matter, let's get 'em."

There are roughly ten thugs, some on the ground level, some on catwalks of various elevation. The thugs above open fire with handguns, and the thugs below heft crowbars and baseball bats as they come towards the two heroes.

horngeek
2010-05-17, 08:06 PM
Susan looks at how she actually is tied, now.
yes, she's seeing how possible an escape is.

Saint Nil
2010-05-17, 08:10 PM
(can I assume you don't care what I do to your average thugs KK?)

The Samaritan will cover himself with his shield as the bullets come towards him, flying towards the goons. BAseball bats come towards him only to snap as Samaritan grabs a thug and tosses him into another one.

Zephyr, find Susan before it is too late and get her out of here!!

Hopefully she will run away.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-17, 08:15 PM
Mooks may be godmodded of course. Elite Mooks, Enforcers, The Grinning Man and of course Apostle should he intercede shall not.

Susan's not tied, but the narrow tube does a well enough job of keeping her arms by her sides, or above her, as the case may be. The walls are slick enough that she can move her arms from one position to another, albeit awkwardly, and only one at a time.

Saint Nil
2010-05-17, 08:16 PM
Samaritan flys to the rafters, and grabs the goons there by their shirts, flying at the ground at high speed to pull away at the last second. This is normally enough to deal with basic thugs. For any foes who havn't run away (as only a few men are dumb enough to fight superheroes), Samaritan will grab one and ask him who put them up to this, and why did they kidnap Susan Decker.

He doesn't expect much, as muscle tends to be on a need to know basis, and they rarely need to know.

horngeek
2010-05-17, 08:17 PM
Susan raises both arms above her head, slowly, before checking if she can reach the top.

Hmmm... seven feet, you said? ...I forget if a woman of average size can actually reach that. >.<

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-17, 08:23 PM
She can, but it's unlikely that she'll be able to lift it. It's very heavy. Takes two mooks to move it around.

The mook spits at Samaritan's face.
"We don't know what you talkin' about, man. But even if we did know, we ain't tellin' you a thing. We ain't tellin' you a goddamn thing."
Oooh. Blasphemy. The other mooks have similar reactions.

horngeek
2010-05-17, 08:25 PM
She tries a bit, before slumping in frustration. "...at least I can move a bit in here... and at least he's not actually torturing me at the moment."

...Susan, that's really tempting fate, there.

IcemanJRC
2010-05-17, 08:27 PM
She can, but it's unlikely that she'll be able to lift it. It's very heavy. Takes two mooks to move it around.

The mook spits at Samaritan's face.
"We don't know what you talkin' about, man. But even if we did know, we ain't tellin' you a thing. We ain't tellin' you a goddamn thing."
Oooh. Blasphemy. The other mooks have similar reactions.

Tell the nice man what he wants to know.
Ghost whispers coldly and darkly into the mooks ear,
If you don't, I'll haunt you until you go insane and kill your self, then, I'll rend your soul in two.
He's lying, obviously.

Saint Nil
2010-05-17, 08:28 PM
Samaritan is unamused, and the mook is now unconscious. He seems to have hit a nerve.:smallannoyed:

The mess is soon cleaned up, each gang member stripped of their weapons, and placed into a nice, big box. Samaritan uses his strength to poke in the air holes, and craves the word VILLAIN into the top. The police can take care of the rest. Looking around the room, Samaritan trusts that KZ has found Decker and will release her. Samaritan now begins to investigate, making sure that KZ hasn't fallen into any traps, while looking for the brains behind the operation, as he obviously wants to prevent anything like this happening again.

Before he begins looking, he turns to his new commenter.

Sorry about that, but this men tend to have more meat in their arms than heads. I've been called Samaritan, you are?

Samaritan hopes he has found an ally, though he is worried about such tactics.

Raz_Fox
2010-05-17, 08:55 PM
Zip. Zip. Zip. Zip. Zip.

"Not here. Not here. Not here either. Oooh, unconscious mook. Not here, though.

AHA! What do we have here but holes in the floor? Very holey holes in the floor, like airholes. On a really - extraordinarily - heavy plate in the floor. SAM! If you wouldn't mind, I could use a hand over here!"

The alternative was punching through the plate, and that would hurt. At several hundred punches a second, it'd still get through, but it would hurt like jingo.

horngeek
2010-05-17, 08:57 PM
Susan hears the voices through the holes... "Hello? Who is it?"

IcemanJRC
2010-05-17, 09:01 PM
Susan hears the voices through the holes... "Hello? Who is it?"

Ghost followed Samaritan to the area and is observing Susan, he phased through the concrete, he's still invisible.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-17, 09:01 PM
You know what else hurts? SHOTGUN BLAST TO THE BACK!

Also, Samaritan and Ghost boy may find themselves suddenly occupied, as they start to hear hideous muffled laughter!

Raz_Fox
2010-05-17, 09:02 PM
"Aha! I was absolutely right! Oh, sorry, the name's Kid Zephyr! I'm here with the Samaritan to bust you out of the place, but despite my awesome powers I find myself unable to lift this, and there'll be sparks and bits of metal flying all over the place if I try to punch through several inches of solid metal. But enough of that - are you hurt? Do you need immediate medical assistance? I swear, if they've hurt you, I shall not rest until you find vengeance!"

There are some things that are in the blood. KZ's melodramatic tone of voice is passed down directly from her father. Somehow, she still manages to make it sound dramatic at speeds that the human ear wasn't really meant to listen at.

And then OW PAIN TIME. In the time it took for the shotgun shot to hit her back she was already starting to move, her nervous system instinctively putting as much of the coat between her and the assailant as possible.

KZ's back is bruised, and quite possibly bloody, but you don't go out onto the streets without some good protection. Heaven only knows what Captain Nemesis put into that coat.

However, the impact still tosses her off the grate, sending her sprawling to the ground. "...Anyone get the number for that truck?"

IcemanJRC
2010-05-17, 09:07 PM
Ghost whispers to Samaritan,
Hey Sammy, I'm Ghost I'm here to help. Just tell me what you need.

horngeek
2010-05-17, 09:07 PM
"I'm-"

Then KZ is hit by a shotgun blast to the back, and Susan can only listen to the ensuring fight.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-17, 09:16 PM
Luckily, pain from a shotgun blast only lasts so lo- oh wait, it's not going away. Hey, is it intensifying? Why yes it is! This can't be good.
"The Incredible Kid Zephyr, speedster extraordinaire. Guess you couldn't dodge that, huh?
Apostle pumps the shotgun, ejecting the shell and loading another one. He points it at KZ.

Meanwhile, besides the hideous laughter, there is also the sound of several crates being knocked aside! Oh dear, this must be the Quirky Miniboss Squad!
The first is a face you know well. I mean, you the player, not you the Samaritan (and Ghost Boy). They've never seen this dude before. It's the Grinning Man, and surprise surprise, he's grinning at them as he shrugs his shoulders, getting rid of some loose debris.
The source of the Hideous Laughter, on the other side of the warehouse from the Grinning Man, appears to be a woman in a bright orange and black catsuit, with cargo pants on top. What you can see of her face behind the black domino mask appears to have been horribly burnt some time in the past, as it doesn't look very silky smooth now. She also has no hair. Bald as an egg. She continues her maniacal laugh, and at this point one can notice she's got a giant tank on her back, with two tubes leading up to the vaguely pistol-like objects she's holding in her hands.
I bet they're Supersoakers! :smallsmile:

Raz_Fox
2010-05-17, 09:34 PM
"...'S bad form. Seriously - if... you're the kind of guy who puts his captive in an abandoned warehouse, f'r crying out loud, you don't shoot first, quip later...

But I digress. Before you kill me... seriously, was that your plan? Because you are like, the lamest villain ever." And she laughs, because it's either laugh or scream at this point. "Bad... form."

But she's ready for the next shot, and though it's going to hurt like the fires of hell itself to concentrate that hard, she knows what she's going to do: namely, dodge the shot. Yes, every single bit of it.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-17, 09:43 PM
Well, there goes the next shot, and there goes KZ dodging it.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-05-17, 10:58 PM
[Steeltown]

Krystal sits on the bed of the room she rented. Cheap little hotel, but it's better than the park bench she was on last week.

She reaches into her backpack and pulled out something she had been working on for a while now. She held it in her hands for a moment, smiling. This was gonna be her key to getting by here. She'd show her parents.

A few minutes later, Krystal walks out of her room, locking the door behind her. She's dressed in loose work boots, dark sweat pants, a dark hoodie with the hood up, a winter hat, and large sunglasses. Odd looking, but she was fine with that. Looks weren't the purpose of these clothes.

After about twenty minutes of walking through the alleys, Krystal hears the sound she had been waiting for. She sprints to the source, and finds a few thugs holding a woman at gun point. Seems like they're going for all of her possessions. Also seems like none of them have noticed Krystal. She smiles.

A moment later, Krystal calmly walks towards them in her newly made costume. One of the thugs notices her. He looks confused at first, then he aims his gun at her. Stop right there! You move and I'm gonna blow your head off!

Krystal stops walking. The other thugs stare at her now. One grabs a hold of the woman and presses his gun to her head. Krystal regrets not simply sniping them from a distance. Guess she'll have to put more thought into the next one.

Guys, I think you should give the woman back her items and just go away. Kay? She smiles at them.

Woman, who the hell do you think you are? The thug lowers his gun a little as he talks. And Krystal sees the opening.

She quickly swings her right arm in an arc, making a fist as she does. Crystal form from her knuckles, and the swing of them arm sends them right at the thug, hitting him in the chest. Not enough to kill him. She didn't want to do that. Just hurt him and scare him. And make him drop his gun.

Name's Crystalline. Anybody else want a piece of me?

The other thug with a gun drops the woman and points the gun at Crystalline. And she responds with another crystal, lodging it in his hand. His gun falls.

The last thug grips his bat and charge her. Crystalline flexes her wrist forward, causing a blade-like crystal to come from her arm. The thug swings for her head. She blocks with her crystal. The force of the impact stunned her for a moment. She didn't think she'd feel that much of the hit.

The thug takes her moment of being stunned and swings for her legs. She goes to dodge, but reacts a little slow, and her left shin gets hit. She lets out a yell of pain. She responds by swinging her crystal at his arm. It cuts, and he drops the bat. Then she swings her right foot at his face, effectively breaking his nose.

Finally, the thugs decide it's time to go. They take off, leaving their weapons.

Crystalline takes a deep breath, then looks to the woman. She seems to still be in shock. You okay? The woman nods. Good. The woman looks at Crystalline's leg. Don't worry. I'll be fine. You should probably get home. Quickly. The woman nods again, then takes off.

Crystalline leans against a wall for a moment, taking a breather as her leg heals. Thank you fast healing. Once she feels she can walk, she goes back to where she left her other clothes. She quickly puts them back on over her costume, replaces her small mask with the sunglasses, and heads back to her room.

That was enough adventure for one night.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-17, 11:05 PM
[Steeltown]

"That has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen anyone do. Ever."
Says someone, watching the hotel that the new wannabe hero had just entered.
"I like her already."
And with a flurry of cloak, Longbow is on the next rooftop. And the next. And the next. And then he's gone.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-05-17, 11:09 PM
[Steeltown]

Once back in her room, Krystal quickly changes back to her normal clothes. She spends a moment, looking over her costume, looking for any possible repairs. Nope. It's good.

She tucks it away in her bag. Then she sprawls out on her bed and stares at the ceiling, running through what happened. She thinks she did good on the banter. Probably should've done a sneak attack, but it still worked out.

She rolls onto her side, smiling. Yeah, this is gonna work. This is gonna be fun.

ApeofLight
2010-05-17, 11:15 PM
[Alley in New Transon]

Ryouku Dengen walks down the street being shadowed by what seems like a few gang members. He makes a turn down into a dark alley where his path is blocked by a few gang members. There headbands are that of a red and black combo and oddly enough most of them are some sort of Asian. The one that seems to be there leader steps forward. Spiked hair, chain necklace, dark sunglasses, superior attitude, the whole speel.

" Hey. We've heard that you're looking for a fight against the strongest people in town, yeah? We'll here we are. The New Transon Yakuza gang. No one can beat us! "

" One minute "

" What? "

" One minute is all I need to take you all down. "

" Oh, yeah! We'll see about that! Get him! " The gang leader yells and charges Ryouku.

" Viper strike. " Ryouku strikes out at the gang leaders neck apparently hitting some nerve and instantly dropping him to the ground.

He does a back kick into one of the charging thugs, breaking a one of his ribs, it making an audible crack as it does break. Before he can even hit the ground a baseball bat wielding goon has a broken nose and hitting the ground with him. The next one to go down got dealt a nearly deadly chop to the throat partially collapsing his air way. The next to last thug gets hit with a side kick and ends up slumped against one of the alleys walls with a bit of blood trickling down his neck. And what happens to the last one? Ryouku looks at the last Yakuza standing, takes a stance and does a palm thrust at him. No actual contact is made but the gang member stumbles backward grabbing his chest and falling over onto the ground.

Total time: 58 seconds

Ryouku Dengen looks at the bloody lot around him and dismisses them and walks off. " Not worth my time. "

Saint Nil
2010-05-18, 07:53 AM
Luckily, pain from a shotgun blast only lasts so lo- oh wait, it's not going away. Hey, is it intensifying? Why yes it is! This can't be good.
"The Incredible Kid Zephyr, speedster extraordinaire. Guess you couldn't dodge that, huh?
Apostle pumps the shotgun, ejecting the shell and loading another one. He points it at KZ.

Meanwhile, besides the hideous laughter, there is also the sound of several crates being knocked aside! Oh dear, this must be the Quirky Miniboss Squad!
The first is a face you know well. I mean, you the player, not you the Samaritan (and Ghost Boy). They've never seen this dude before. It's the Grinning Man, and surprise surprise, he's grinning at them as he shrugs his shoulders, getting rid of some loose debris.
The source of the Hideous Laughter, on the other side of the warehouse from the Grinning Man, appears to be a woman in a bright orange and black catsuit, with cargo pants on top. What you can see of her face behind the black domino mask appears to have been horribly burnt some time in the past, as it doesn't look very silky smooth now. She also has no hair. Bald as an egg. She continues her maniacal laugh, and at this point one can notice she's got a giant tank on her back, with two tubes leading up to the vaguely pistol-like objects she's holding in her hands.
I bet they're Supersoakers! :smallsmile:

Samaritan looks at his new ally, and then turns to the group of villains, unware if KZ needed him more right now, or if he should help Ghost take out these crooks. Looking at Ghost, Samaritan gives him a nod, and flys straight at the Grinning Man, hoping to deal with the problem as quickly as possible so that he can go help Kid Zephyr before it is too late.If his plan works, he will grab teh Grinning Man and fly him into the air and then use him as a ram to take out the catsuited woman.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-18, 08:04 AM
Samaritan gets about as far as lifting TGM into the air. Then he suddenly becomes heavy. Like, really heavy. Heavy as a... really... heavy... thing. Simple fact, Samaritan can't lift him anymore, and in fact, is probably dropping him. Or, he would be dropping him, if The Grinning Man weren't attempting to grab and pile-drive his face into the floor.
The Catsuited Woman, still cackling maniacally, starts shooting giant gouts of flame from her pistols at Ghost Knight.

Saint Nil
2010-05-18, 08:08 AM
Unfortunately for Samaritan, he succeeds his grapple, and both plummet towards the ground. Unfortunately for the Grinning Man, Samaritan is trying to move his body towards the ground and is now flying really fast towards the ground. Gravity and momentum should do the rest.

Grim ranger
2010-05-18, 08:20 AM
Suddenly, a gunshot is heard. And not just a shot of some energy-pistol or miniature flamethrower, but a solid blam of heavy-caliber handgun going off. The shot goes wide of it's intended mark, the woman in cat suit, and impacts against the wall nearest to her.

There is a new figure clad in something resembling modernized light armour and long, black coat (which is just in progress of billowing dramatically) on the doorway. And he is aiming a pistol at the Cat-like villain with one hand... and priming another one with other. Yes, it is the amazing (or maybe not so amazing, but at least usually effective) Executioner!

"I believe you guys are muscling in my home turf. Did criminals run out in your parts?" he asks with rather dry voice, dulled further by steel mask he is wearing.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-18, 08:34 AM
The Catsuited Woman howls, twirls to the side and crouches, aiming her flamethrowers at the Executor. It should be noted the flames are far more focused, and much longer ranged than they should be.

Indeed it would, if Grinning Man were not just as durable, or maybe slightly less so than Samaritan. He recovers quickly, and attempts to hurl the goody-two shoes into a nearby pile of crates.

Saint Nil
2010-05-18, 08:39 AM
As the Grinning man goes to grab Samaritan, he flys up, and looks at the Executioner.

I don't like your tactics. I don't like your reckless regard for life. But I don't like an innocent women suffering more. For now I have no choice to trust you.

Samaritan will fly at those crates and knock them over to cover his escape, assuming he is able to avoid the Grinning man's attack.

(now then, normal man with guns vs superhumans? Should prove to be a CMoA)

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-18, 08:47 AM
((Except the supervillains are scaled for a four hero throwdown... >.> :smalltongue:))

Grinning Man swipes at Samaritan, but misses, and he is able to escape.

Grim ranger
2010-05-18, 08:49 AM
"You might not like them, but I usually get results! But enough of that... It seems we have some work to do. You do your heroing stuff and leave more...dirty aspect of the work to me"

Sprinting forwards and trying to keep his aim as level as possible, he aims both of his guns at the Grinning Man and presses the triggers as fast as he manages, burning through the 15-round clips in about seven seconds.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-18, 08:53 AM
The bullets rip into the Grinning Man, peppering his frame and embedding themselves into his flesh. Apparently, however, he doesn't feel it. He just sort of grins (harhar) and does a slow walk forward.

Catsuit Girl continues shooting her flamethrowers at Executor, because apparently her last burst of fire disappeared or something.

Grim ranger
2010-05-18, 09:05 AM
Click click click. That sound doesn't promise anything too good for Executioner, as bullets running out in critical moment can be quite a nuisance for a hero who specializes in fighting without any powers at all.

On top of it, his coat has just caught fire from one of those flamethrower...things one of the villains carries. And the other one is seemingly unpetrubed after being shot nearly 30 times. This guy must be on some heavy-duty painkillers.

Luckily, fighting without powers ensures that if one survives after doing it for years, one also comes up with good backup plans. And in this case, very fast reload was the backup plan. And putting out the fire as soon as he could, of course.

Ejecting the spent clips from both of his guns, Executioner throws the weapons high and draws another pair of clips, throwing them airborne as well. Dodging another gout of flame headed at his face with quick roll to the side, he rolls up to one knee and catches the falling pistols. Then as the clips come down almost right after he just positions the guns under them and slams them against each other between the guns, completing the usually too awesome to use reload technique.

After this stunning maneuver he does the usual thing: shooting. At both villains. Simultaneously. Using two guns is funny like that.

And yes, he is still on fire. At least a little.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-18, 09:11 AM
Executor may noticed that the fire he dodged is looping around and attempting to burn him from behind. And the fire that's already on him is turning into fire snakes which are biting him. At least, until he shoots at Catsuit Girl, forcing her to duck. The fire snakes resume being normal fire. Probably still gets hit in the back.
Then something really bad happens as he most likely gets pulled off his feet, falling towards Grinning Man's waiting fist. Density/Gravity control is a bitch like that.

Grim ranger
2010-05-18, 09:28 AM
It may have taken him a second or two to notice the fire thing... kevlar and steel plates taking at least some of the damage. But now his coat being on fire is really starting to irritate him.

Being pulled off his feet does disturb his aim for a moment, so Executioner does what any sensible man would do in the same situation: drop his pistols (which most likely get drawn towards the Grinning Man as well as him)... And then draw out a shotgun from under his coat. Twisting in "mid-fall" so that his feet point at the Grinning Man, he aims the shotgun as well as he can and presses the trigger.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-18, 10:19 AM
Boom. Shotgun to the chest. Was he firing a slug, or shot? Anyway, the effects are not felt for now, as Grinning Man attempts to turn his punch to a grab and introduce Executor's face to his other fist. Given he was strong enough to crush a man with a car, this may sting a little.

Grim ranger
2010-05-18, 10:33 AM
He was firing a solid, man-stopper slug that would usually throw any kind of criminal over with double flip. It seems that the tactic does not work on this seemingly invincible, annoyingly grinning guy. And on top of it this guy seems to want to try his grip against a steel mask. Judging by his performance thus far he could even win in theory, so Executor is not feeling like allowing that to happen.

Edging his face as far from the guy's hand as he reasonably can whilst about standing on him, he tries to edge the shotgun to point directly at his face so it could be seen if this villain would survive a shot through the head.

(1 hour deadtime now)

Mina Kobold
2010-05-18, 11:24 AM
[An Alley In Steeltown]

In the alleys of Steeltown wandered someone, or something, wearing a suit and mask more fit for a carnival among Victorian nobility than such filthy streets in the otherwise magnificent city.

Heading toward the warehouse that had seen so much activity tonight the masked person was confronted by what one so often hear about in Steeltown, a simple mugger.

Han' over yer moneh, freak!

Instead of reacting to this, the masked person just continued past the man who repeated his demand several times before attempting to stab the masked person.

Terror hummed a burial melody as he walked into the yellow light of a streetlight on the very same road as the warehouse he had been heading for, a fresh bloodstain on his old jacket.

[New Trason]

In her apartment in New Trason, Talia Kenetina is doing what she would normally do at these hours, sleeping on her couch.

(What? We can't all be involved in the Decker case, or even have heard about it yet :smalltongue:)

Earl of Purple
2010-05-18, 12:16 PM
Bank

Gregory is queing up to take out some money. He's wearing a pair of loose joggers and a red t-shirt. Even heroes with telekinesis have to eat, y'know. He's hoping the bank isn't robbed whilst he's here, as he doesn't have his costume on, even under his clothes. I mean, how could he fit a purple dinner jacket under that t-shirt? It's longer and looser. He also doesn't have his tophat; that would require a bag.

Raz_Fox
2010-05-18, 04:01 PM
Good thing: KZ isn't dead at this point.

Bad thing: She can't concentrate enough to keep using super-speed, being in massive amounts of pain and all.

So she just kinda collapses. "G'head. Shoot. You'll be dead. In hours." If she wasn't digging her fingers into the floor at this point, she would have shrugged.

IcemanJRC
2010-05-18, 04:20 PM
Ghost has been intangible, performing a ritual mid combat to summon a warrior spirit to help out. Having completed his ritual, a large spectral man that stands as tall as the Grinning Man and wears dramatically stylized armor with blades and stuff, hefts a sword onto his shoulder and charges the grinning man. Ghost glides over to Executioner and holds puts a hand on his shoulder, probably making them both intangible if it works right. He's never tried to use it on another person, but it works in the comics so why not here.

(Someone else can decide if it works.)

Creed
2010-05-18, 04:23 PM
Alistaire is walking, very slowly it appears, with DTK to the bank to rob it of all it's monehs.

Raistlin1040
2010-05-18, 04:52 PM
The Ivy District
Orin crumpled the newspaper up in his hand. He was not a monster, of that he was sure, and he hadn't kidnapped or killed anyone. He threw the wadded up paper in a recycling bin, and stood up, dusting off his clothes. He ducked down an alleyway and rifled through dirty garbage bin that had been dragged from the streets. Orin reached inside and pulled out his costume, a bit wet but in decent enough shape. Quickly changing, he heard a scream within his mind. Feed us, Orin. Feeeeeeeed us. He gripped his temples. Soon, little plants, soon. He whispered quickly. Breaking into a jog, the man ran from the alley, eager to escape the tortured cries of the flesh-hungry weeds.

Saint Nil
2010-05-18, 04:55 PM
Good thing: KZ isn't dead at this point.

Bad thing: She can't concentrate enough to keep using super-speed, being in massive amounts of pain and all.

So she just kinda collapses. "G'head. Shoot. You'll be dead. In hours." If she wasn't digging her fingers into the floor at this point, she would have shrugged.

As the man begins to pull the trigger, Samaritan jumps in front of Kid Zephyr, the bullet ringing harmlessly off his shield. Soon the man is knocked out, and Samaritan rushed to the side of Kid Zephyr.

Oh no. I need to get you to a hospital immediately.

HE gently picks her up, and calmly asks where is Susan. With any luck, he can rescue them both while Ghost and the Executioner take care of the goons.

Falgorn
2010-05-18, 05:15 PM
Jack "Rumblebee" is riding his motorcycle across the road, not yet in his signature suit, but soon to transform. He parks his bike in an alleyway, and, moments later, he's in full costume. He hops back on his bike, heading for the bank that DTK and Alistaire happen to be walking to.

Beans
2010-05-18, 06:55 PM
((ARGH NOW FALGY IS OFF WHEN CREED IS ON))
DTK is heading stealthily toward the bank...

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-18, 07:31 PM
Oooh. Shotgun to the face. Grinning Man can't survive that. Fortunately for him, and possibly Executor's immortal soul, Ghost dude turns him intangible before he can get off the shot. Grinning Man growls and takes a few swipes at the intangible people.

Actually the man does not get knocked out, due to being godmod proof. Also, because he's Apostle, and takes shields tomthe face better than most. He gets up from where he was knocked over, and fires several rounds of buckshot at Samaritan's back. Even if they bounce harmlessly off his skin or whatever, they should hurt more than buckshot has any business hurting.

The Spectral Knight is suddenly the target of several blasts of flame, which will twist around in midair, intent on enveloping Spectral Knight in a mini whirlwind of fire. Oh look. Maniacal laughter is back.

Creed
2010-05-18, 07:58 PM
((ARGH NOW FALGY IS OFF WHEN CREED IS ON))
DTK is heading stealthily toward the bank...

Alistaire is as well. Sllloooooowwwwwllllllyyyyy.

IcemanJRC
2010-05-18, 08:18 PM
Oooh. Shotgun to the face. Grinning Man can't survive that. Fortunately for him, and possibly Executor's immortal soul, Ghost dude turns him intangible before he can get off the shot. Grinning Man growls and takes a few swipes at the intangible people.

Actually the man does not get knocked out, due to being godmod proof. Also, because he's Apostle, and takes shields tomthe face better than most. He gets up from where he was knocked over, and fires several rounds of buckshot at Samaritan's back. Even if they bounce harmlessly off his skin or whatever, they should hurt more than buckshot has any business hurting.

The Spectral Knight is suddenly the target of several blasts of flame, which will twist around in midair, intent on enveloping Spectral Knight in a mini whirlwind of fire. Oh look. Maniacal laughter is back.
If it's normal fire it will slow him down a bit, if it's magic it'll probably cause some damage, but the knight is a generic ghost, he's not incredible tough as super heroes go because he's generic, but he's still a ghost. The ghost continues making swipes at the Grinning Man, with a greatsword.(He's a ghost, but he is semi tangible, so he can fight people and not suffer as much damage as regular people. He's kinda like a mook.)

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-18, 08:26 PM
It's normal fire from a flamethrower, but the pyrokinesis is somewhat magically based, if that counts for anything. The whirlwind of fire is probably messing with Fright Knight's sight, so dodging the sword blow is easy on the part of the Grinning Man, though having a shotgun shellnin his chest is slowing them down. He swings his arm around, attempting to bash him with the weights and heavy blades dangling from the chains wrapped around his arms. These are definitely magical. The spells in question probably don't affect the ghost, as they're to do with pain, which ghosts don't feel, but perhaps the generic magicness of it will help.

ApeofLight
2010-05-18, 08:37 PM
[New Transon, Night Club]

What appears to be a night club is in full strength right now. With enough flashing lights to cause a seizure in a few people (including some of the ravers) and the music blasting so loud it can be heard as a pulsing throb nearly a block away. Those there is something a little off about this night club.

It seems perfectly normal at first glance. Crazy ravers waiting there turn to get into the apparently named Ight club and them crazily dressed enough to be taken for ravers too. If you look though, every now and then some one that doesn't look like a raver slips past the line of people heading for what looks like a cellar entrance into the night club. It doesn't lead to the Ight club though.

I'll give you a hint. It starts with F and rhymes with night club.

IcemanJRC
2010-05-18, 08:39 PM
It's normal fire from a flamethrower, but the pyrokinesis is somewhat magically based, if that counts for anything. The whirlwind of fire is probably messing with Fright Knight's sight, so dodging the sword blow is easy on the part of the Grinning Man, though having a shotgun shellnin his chest is slowing them down. He swings his arm around, attempting to bash him with the weights and heavy blades dangling from the chains wrapped around his arms. These are definitely magical. The spells in question probably don't affect the ghost, as they're to do with pain, which ghosts don't feel, but perhaps the generic magicness of it will help.

Yea, mister Knight is taking a beating, he's dishing out some powerful blows as well though. The magicalness doesn't matter because they're physical attacks, they work normally. The knight is wearing armor though. He flings his greatsword or whatever I called it earlier at the Grinnig Man with titanic force, while Ghost trys to drop Executioner into a favorable position.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-18, 08:48 PM
[Steel Town]

The sword gets deflected by an unseen force, embedding itself into a wall, as Grinning Man attempts to lift Specter Fighter up and throw him into a more different pile of crates than the one Samaritan went through. Sure, he might get burned a little, but judging from his arms, that's something that's happened alot.

[New Trason, Night Club]

A man in a trenchcoat, fedora and heavy sunglasses attempts to gain entry into the cellar based Fight Club.

IcemanJRC
2010-05-18, 08:51 PM
[Steel Town]

The sword gets deflected by an unseen force, embedding itself into a wall, as Grinning Man attempts to lift Specter Fighter up and throw him into a more different pile of crates than the one Samaritan went through. Sure, he might get burned a little, but judging from his arms, that's something that's happened alot.

[New Trason, Night Club]

A man in a trenchcoat, fedora and heavy sunglasses attempts to gain entry into the cellar based Fight Club.

[Steel Town]
It is difficult to lift and throw ghosts because they fly... So he uses his ghost flying to stop like a yard away from the boxes and then charges the Grinning Man with his spikey bladey armor.

ApeofLight
2010-05-18, 08:55 PM
[Ight Club]

The man is easily gains entrance. Well, getting in is easy but at the bottom of the stairs he has to walk down there's a nice big steel door with two guys standing at the entrance.

The big burly one holds out a hand to stop the man and the obviously shorter one pipes up. " Hey, man. Entrance fee, ten bucks. Haven't seen you before, you know the rules? Can't let you in without knowing the rules buddy. " He talks quickly in a nasally kind of voice, seems kind of like your average "brain" of the door manning operations.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-18, 09:11 PM
[Fight Club]

The man forks over the money.
"What are the rules?"

[Steeltown]
Ow spikey bladey armor. Depending on how long the spikey blades are, they either do nothing but make Grinning Man bleed a little, or they start severing important things. Like, things which could make him die. Which is bad, because then we're one less recurring villain. And that's no fun at all.
Grinning Man attempts to pound Ghost Knight into the dirt.

ApeofLight
2010-05-18, 09:20 PM
[Ight Club]

The man holds up two fingers. " Two things. First do not talk about this place. especially to cops or supers. Two, winner gets to take half of the entrance fee earnings. Now go have yerself a good time ser. " He says gesturing to the door that the big burly one opens up for him.

Once he steps inside he'll probably find it surprising that the actually night club upstairs can't be heard down here. What he does hear is a person getting taken to the ground and cheering with a bit of bet talking mixed in.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-18, 09:29 PM
[Fight Club]

Well, that first rule was not a good rule at all. What so you can't talk about this place? What about writing? Or email? Or sign language? Or sending a map to the police station with a red circle on the spot where this place was and a giant red arrow and giant red letters saying ILLEGAL FIGHT CLUB HERE?
Also, it's wretched business sense. How were they supposed to get more customers, if everyone who came in was sworn to secrecy.
Nevertheless, the man enters, intent on the action in the center. It's not as if he's broken the first rule already, in a way.

ApeofLight
2010-05-18, 09:35 PM
[Ight club]

Now your just being obnoxious. You're not supposed to tell them in anyway. Tell your friends, or better yet, bring them to the fight.

Anyways back to the fight. A man goes and leans against an alcove as a couple of guys rush in to move the unconscious guy and probably give him first aid.

There seems to be two different things going on. One way seems to lead you into the pit like arena and another into the bleachers that hardly no one is sitting on either cheering, booing or placing bets on the next fight.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-18, 09:43 PM
[Ight Club]

The man heads towards the bleacher area, keeping an eye on the winner. This particular Fight Club was going to go down anyway, but if he manages to catch the real target, that would be even better.

ApeofLight
2010-05-18, 09:47 PM
[Ight club]

A booky scoots over to the man as he sits down. " Hey, buddy buddy. You going to get in on some bets. Next fight is twenty to one on the underdog. You want in or you just here to watch? " He says.

Seems like there's another minute or two as the next fight gets ready.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-18, 09:52 PM
[Ight Club]

"Just here to watch for now. Perhaps later."
He continues looking at the winner, or indeed, any other participants in the fighting, hoping the universe will bless him with a description of some sort.

ApeofLight
2010-05-18, 10:04 PM
Well out comes the winner. A big, huge, burly, muscled black man in a white tank top. " Bring it on! " He yells and the crowd cheers him on.

Then the next competitor comes out. He's wearing a traditional style gi that's turned to a brownish gray with the belt holding it together a redish brown color.

The competitor looks at the man and blinks once. " Three moves to take you down. " The muscle head scowls and charges him to the cheer of the crowds. Ryouku simply steps out of the way letting the muscle head punch the ground and step back his hand in much pain.

" One " The black man growls and goes to grab him with one of his big meaty hands. Ryouku drops down grabbing the arm in question and flipping him into the wall. The man slumps to the ground fuming as he gets back up.

" Two " The man that was the winner in the begging growls and goes to throw a punch but fakes it and does a sweeping kick instead. Ryouku simply jumps over him and does a series of strikes to his back. The meat head freezes up in a paralysis and falls over.

" Three. " The man says looking around at the booing crowd.

An Enemy Spy
2010-05-18, 10:15 PM
Question: I'm fairly new to this part of the forum and I would like to be a part of this. What exactly is the protocol for joining this thing?

ApeofLight
2010-05-18, 10:22 PM
((Just check out this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151938&page=17). Skim it over a bit and read the first post.))

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-18, 10:23 PM
An Enemy Spy: ((This is not the thread you're looking for... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8519331#post8519331)))

[Ight Club]

The Man at the trenchcoat looks at the man in the gi. Seems like this might be the man he's looking for. Certainly, he doesn't look, or for that matter fight, like your typical club rabble.

ApeofLight
2010-05-18, 10:30 PM
A man comes running out of one of the other tunnels with a briefcase in his hand. He hands it over to the man in the gi. He takes it opens it and takes out a few wads of cash before just tossing it onto the ground and heading for the pit exit.

There are a bunch of the people standing in the bleachers throwing down there tickets upset about the outcome of the fight. Others are booing and hissing the leaving fighter for putting on such a poor show.

Looks like the fighting is done for the day.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-05-18, 10:59 PM
[Steeltown]

Krystal feels that she's doing pretty good around here. She's already stopped a couple crimes. She even saw herself mentioned in a small article in the local newspaper. Not by name, of course. She wasn't that known yet. But, she'd get there.

Now sure, there were some downsides to her current situation. The major one being her dwindling supply of money. She had to get a job soon.

Krystal's seated on her bed, legs crossed, a bunch of newspapers spread out in front of her. She'd been sifting through them, looking for possible jobs. She needed to find one that'd let her wear her hat and sunglasses.

She grabbed a paper from the unread pile and started skimming through it. She was almost at the end when an offer caught her eye. It was for a restaurant. Looked like they needed somebody to do dishes and bus tables. Also looked like it wasn't to far from where she was staying.

She dialed the phone number and waited. She spoke with the manager. Good, the position was still open. And he was fine with her wearing the hat and glasses. Awesome.

She quickly got dressed and headed out. She carried her costume in her backpack. She still wanted to have it with her. Just in case.

She arrived at the restaurant. A little diner called Joe's. After a brief interview, she started her first shift.

As she set to work on the enormous pile of dishes, she smiled to herself. Things were starting to get better now. Things will be good.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-18, 11:02 PM
[Ight Club]

The man in the Trenchcoat follows the man in the gi keeping a careful eye on him.

ApeofLight
2010-05-18, 11:05 PM
[Ight Club]

The man takes the exit out getting a nod from the doormen. They liked him, they got a bonus because he didn't take his full share of earnings.

The man starts to walk down the streets taking alleys and out of the way streets.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-18, 11:17 PM
[Ight Club]

The Man in the coat takes to the rooftops to follow Mr. Gi, and sheds said coat to reveal that he is... Longbow! Two! Like you didn't know already.
Meanwhile, outside the Fight Club slash Night Club, several large, unmarked vans appear. Looks like the police have arrived! To shut this place down! Aaaw. Of course, they're too late to stop Mr. Gi.

ApeofLight
2010-05-18, 11:22 PM
Ah man! It's the cops, cheese it!

Thats what goes through the mind of about all the ravers there as the music dies and everybody starts to book it. Along with a dozen or so people coming from out of the cellar before it gets locked and bolted shut.

On the other hand Ryouku is walking down the streets calmly and seemingly unsuspecting. He eventually arrives at a run down hotel and goes inside.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-18, 11:41 PM
Oops! Looks like they cordoned off the area! And brought a ram! And that sort of stuff!
Various police crackdown stuff that Kid Kris cannot be bothered to roleplay happens. Most likely it ends with this particular club closed, and the ringleaders arrested.

Just before he gets into the hotel, he probably gets interrupted by a VOICE FROM ABOVE!
No, not that voice.
"You know, you don't look much like the usual fightclub rabble I see. More disciplined, less tattoos."
Should the dude look up, he'll see Longbow II crouched on the side of the alley, seemingly defying gravity, with a bow and arrow pointing at Ryouku's face.

ApeofLight
2010-05-18, 11:47 PM
Dang, the ringleaders are no where to be found! But they are able to catch most of the fighters, betters and ravers. The ravers will probably get off easily enough except for the few that have drugs on them.

The man stops and looks at Longbow II from the corner of his eye. " I am looking for the strongest opponent, one worthy of my time and effort. Unless you want to find out if you are one or not you should put down your weapon. "

An Enemy Spy
2010-05-18, 11:50 PM
Aight, so I put my guy down on the OOC thread. Do I await your magic seal of approval now?
Sorry for putting this on the IC thread. I wasn't sure if you had looked at the OOC one yet

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-18, 11:53 PM
Longbow II looks at Ryouku squarely.
"And you're just going to hospitalize and cripple everyone in your way until you find someone 'worthy' of you?"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-05-18, 11:54 PM
((I think you'd be fine just throwing him in somewhere. I think.))

[Joe's Diner - Steeltown]

Krystal gets through her first shift without any problems. She even had a little bit of fun.

She grabs her backpack and heads back to the hotel she's staying at.

Along the way, she'll keep her eyes and ears open for any signs of trouble.

ApeofLight
2010-05-18, 11:55 PM
" If needs be yes. " He says calmly turning to face Longbow.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-19, 12:01 AM
"I see..."
He fires the tazer arrow at Ryouku.

ApeofLight
2010-05-19, 12:02 AM
He steps off to the side the arrow flying past him. " If you make one more move I will attack and defeat you. " Ryouku says calmly his hands still at his side.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-19, 12:17 AM
Oh look! He moved! And fired a net arrow at Ryouku's face.

Saint Nil
2010-05-19, 11:00 AM
Actually the man does not get knocked out, due to being godmod proof. Also, because he's Apostle, and takes shields to the face better than most. He gets up from where he was knocked over, and fires several rounds of buckshot at Samaritan's back. Even if they bounce harmlessly off his skin or whatever, they should hurt more than buckshot has any business hurting.

Well, thats disappointing. Samaritan lets a cry of pain escape, geeling like his skin was cut by shards of glass, and Samaritan normally is able to brush off anything that small. It felt more like he was Jason White than the Samaritan.

Laying KZ on the ground, Samaritan turns around, his shield ready to block anymore attacks.

Who are you?

ApeofLight
2010-05-19, 11:38 AM
Ryouku dive rolls forward letting the arrow hit the ground and not him. He then springs up and jumps towards the building closest to Longbow and kicks off of that to get to where Longbow is. Ryouku is planning on grabbing either Longbow's bow or Longbow himself and deliver a punch right to his face.

Mina Kobold
2010-05-19, 12:03 PM
[Warehouse, Steeltown]

Something with glowing purple eyes, far too perfect circles to be natural, crawls up to the edge of the hole made by Samaritan.
It sits there for a moment, crouching like a morbid parody of a human before letting itself slip down into the shadows of the boxes, it's glowing eyes slowly fading away in the darkness

---------

[New Trason]

Talia Kenetina just woke up and is eating her milk with a spoonful of cereal poured in while sleepily reading the newspaper. Moving a lock of blue hair out of her eyes she reads the first headline

Susan Decker, ugh, more celebrity gossi-Waitaminute! A kidnapping!

Immediately awake she grabs her ski mask and jacket and changes into her catsuit, thus High-Ground was on her way to the rescue!

Steeltown, was that north or south? Ugh, so sleepy.

If she can find the place (Probably not)

Raz_Fox
2010-05-19, 03:42 PM
((Is everyone and their dog going to mess around with the Decker kidnapping? Yeesh.))

KZ would like to quip that he is the lamest villain ever. However, as she is currently in quite a bit of paiiiiiin, she contents herself with biting down on her lip and moaning.

Beans
2010-05-19, 04:22 PM
[NT]
DTK is still progressing silently bankward. Toward le bank. Yes.

Falgorn
2010-05-19, 05:28 PM
Rumblebee parks his motorcycle outside the bank, picking up and loading his yellow and black AK-47. He plops a cigarette in his mouth, lights it, and opens up the doors to the bank.
"Ladies, Gentlemen, it is a pleasure to see you again. No, this time I am not saving you, but I am taking your money." He shifts his eyes over to the banker behind the counter. "Miss, I'd like to make a withdrawal. Just fill up the bag with bills. And no dye pack. That stuff is near impossible to wash out.
You can go ahead and push the silent alarm button, though. I want the police to get outsmarted again." He lets out a loud laugh, waiting for the bills to fill his burlap sack. He warily glances at some of the people in the queue. His bees swarm around him, cautiously, waiting for his order to strike.

Beans
2010-05-19, 05:33 PM
From any cellphone that is turned on, there comes a voice.
May I request that you not hit the button just yet?
Androgynous, distorted, cultured, and slightly accented with German.
Good day to you, fellow felon. Aha ha. Would you be so kind as to leave some money for my colleague---who will arrive shortly, by the way---since I promised him payment?

Creed
2010-05-19, 06:26 PM
About this time Alistaire should be pulling on a mask and walking
ip to le bank.

Falgorn
2010-05-19, 07:34 PM
"Hmm? You wan' a lil' bit of this cash-o-lah? Den' come on, but hurry! My bees do like de smell of money!" Rumblebee yells, his Toboggan accent noticeable. As the burlap sack is filled, it drops to the floor. Rumblebee waits...his gun pointed at the door, waiting for two people to arrive.

Beans
2010-05-19, 07:36 PM
The bathroom door opens---the bathroom door?!---and out steps the strange, strange figure of Der Telekomm Konduktor; the long coat, the top hat, the goggles and filter mask.
You surely can't carry off a whole bank's worth of money by yourself anyway.
Nor do I desire money myself. I seek only a case within a lockbox here.

If one were to look at the bathroom, there would be a few big, cheap foamcore ceiling tiles on the floor.
... Came in that way, huh?
Musta planned this...

Creed
2010-05-19, 07:41 PM
The bathroom door opens---the bathroom door?!---and out steps the strange, strange figure of Der Telekomm Konduktor; the long coat, the top hat, the goggles and filter mask.
You surely can't carry off a whole bank's worth of money by yourself anyway.
Nor do I desire money myself. I seek only a case within a lockbox here.

If one were to look at the bathroom, there would be a few big, cheap foamcore ceiling tiles on the floor.
... Came in that way, huh?
Musta planned this...

Alistaire comes in through the door, his hoodie zipped up.
I do intend on taking some money however. But just whatever is in the vault. The chump-change up here is all yours, pal.

Falgorn
2010-05-19, 07:48 PM
"Hey, woah, woah now. I can't just let y'all wander into a bank that I'm robbing. It's like coming to a party uninvited. And that's just rude. So I suggest you all just scurry on, before we have a problem." Rumblebee says, obviously not making this robbery easy for them.

Beans
2010-05-19, 07:51 PM
Just wander in?
My dear hymenopteran fellow, I have been planning to purloin a case from this establishment for several weeks.
I must request that you allow me to proceed with my intentions---which, by the way, don't hamper you at all.
In fact, since we may be around here longer than you, who do you think is at greater risk of encountering the police?

Creed
2010-05-19, 07:52 PM
"Hey, woah, woah now. I can't just let y'all wander into a bank that I'm robbing. It's like coming to a party uninvited. And that's just rude. So I suggest you all just scurry on, before we have a problem." Rumblebee says, obviously not making this robbery easy for them.

Listen, pal. Obviously you don't know who I am. I look like an ordinary street rat. Street clothes, street gun, street look, right age, all that. I'm not. I'm way higher than that. But if you want I can prove we're big time. Alistaire loads his pistol and points it at the nearest bank visitor's head.
The sad thing is I don't need the gun. It's my cover. I don't need to be flashing my powers around like you and your bees. C'mon, you're dressed like an effing bee for Christ sake, you aren't that sneaky. If anything, you're horribly cliche'. His hoodie seems to...puff is the best word to describe it, slightly.

Falgorn
2010-05-19, 08:01 PM
Listen, pal. Obviously you don't know who I am. I look like an ordinary street rat. Street clothes, street gun, street look, right age, all that. I'm not. I'm way higher than that. But of you want I can prove we're big time. Alistaire loads his pistol and points it at the nearest bank visitor's head.
The sad thing is I don't need the gun. It's my cover. I don't need to be flashing my powers around like you and your bees. C'mon, you're dressed like an effing bee for Christ sake, you aren't that sneaky. If anything, you're horribly cliche'. His hoodie seems to...puff is the best word to describe it, slightly.

Ignoring DTK for a moment, Rumblebee speaks. "I don't care who you are, cause I'm better than you. You call me horribly cliche? Have you ever seen anyone else rob a bank dressed as an African honey bee?" He turns back to DTK.
"You can go ahead and take your box. Your partner, though, he's the one that's gonna wait for the cops."

Creed
2010-05-19, 08:04 PM
Ignoring DTK for a moment, Rumblebee speaks. "I don't care who you are, cause I'm better than you. You call me horribly cliche? Have you ever seen anyone else rob a bank dressed as an African honey bee?" He turns back to DTK.
"You can go ahead and take your box. Your partner, though, he's the one that's gonna wait for the cops."

Alistaire shrugs and looks at DTK.
Can I just go pop the vault now? I don't feel like dealing with macho-man today.

Oh by the way, Bee-man, I got an electric flyswatter with your name on it if you want it.

Beans
2010-05-19, 08:04 PM
Oh, Pryzm, you silly boy, you've gone and angered our fellow criminal.

Nobody needs to wait for any cops.
He---she---it strolls up to the counter, swings itself over it, and goes into the back, spinning its cane deftly.
PWRANCK.
Clunk.
Here we are.
Pryzm, come get your payment. Vault's all yours.

Vault's probably open.

Cane has a punchy thingy.

Creed
2010-05-19, 08:07 PM
Oh, Pryzm, you silly boy, you've gone and angered our fellow criminal.

Nobody needs to wait for any cops.
He---she---it strolls up to the counter, swings itself over it, and goes into the back, spinning its cane deftly.
PWRANCK.
Clunk.
Here we are.
Pryzm, come get your payment. Vault's all yours.

Good. Alistaire walks back, hoping the PWRANCK was a vault.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-05-19, 09:18 PM
[Super Sleep Motel - Steeltown]

Krystal shuts the door to her room behind her. She tosses her hat and sunglasses on the armchair, then plops down on her bed.

This was harder than she thought it would be. Not just the part about getting a job. She knew living on her own would get rough.

No, it was the part about being a hero. That was tougher than she thought.

There was just so much crime around here. She couldn't keep up with everything in just this section, let alone the whole city.

She sighs a little, then sits up. Well, you started it. Might as well stick with it.

She grabs her hat and glasses again, then heads out. She needed to find a quiet area. One she could use to practice in.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-19, 10:10 PM
"I'm just a man with a rather powerful shotgun, and you're interfering with my business. Now, from the sounds of things it looks like my henchmen out there are busy tearing apart the rest of the supers that came here, so I strongly suggest you leave before they do."
He starts loading several larger slugs into the shotgun. Possibly large enough to harm Samaritan?

---------

Longbow flips up to a higher position, and fires another rather large net point blank at Ryouku.

ApeofLight
2010-05-19, 10:13 PM
Ryouku swings off to the side the net catching his arm and starting to drag him down. Luckily he catches a window but he's a bit busy getting the net off his arm.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-19, 10:38 PM
Longbow attempts to finish it off with a second taser arrow.

ApeofLight
2010-05-19, 10:41 PM
Ryouku grits his teeth. He lets go and starts to fall again as the arrow flies at him. As he does this he swings the net around his hand over his head getting the arrow all tangled up in the net. So unless the net was made of metal or something very conductive...

The Asian man is finally able to shake the net off his hand and starts to quickly climb up after Longbow.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-05-19, 10:49 PM
[Empty Warehouse - Steeltown]

Krystal sets down her bag, takes off the sunglasses, and looks around. It was a very large warehouse. Probably used to belong to some kind of steel mill. Or something. Plenty of random machinery lying around. And, to her liking, it all looks like nobody has touched it in years.

After a little while of searching, she finds a good are to do some working out. There's several steel bars mounted to the wall. Like tools used to hang from them.

She hangs her jacket from one, then grabs one with both hands and tries to do a pull up.

Still trying.

Nope, nothing doing.

Guess we'll start with sit ups, then.

----------------------------------------------------

[Frost Laboratories Headquarters - Diamond Island]

Bianca sits at her desk, a glass in her hand, a smile on her face.

She had just heard of Susan Decker's kidnapping.

Her only regret is that it wasn't her that did it.

She holds her left hand out in front of her and stares at it. Robotics under fake skin. Ah, the wonders of modern technology.

She finishes her drink.

Saint Nil
2010-05-20, 10:43 AM
"I'm just a man with a rather powerful shotgun, and you're interfering with my business. Now, from the sounds of things it looks like my henchmen out there are busy tearing apart the rest of the supers that came here, so I strongly suggest you leave before they do."
He starts loading several larger slugs into the shotgun. Possibly large enough to harm Samaritan?

With a smug smile, Samaritan knows that bullets aren't going to do much, but he has no idea how this man hurt him with buckshot, so he isn't going to get to cocky. However, he has two damsels to save, so its time for a risky move.

I suppose I will. Samaritan heaves his shield like a discus at Apostle, more than enough to go through a normal man, obviously not enough to do more than knock apostle on his end.

Apostle can dodge, though the point is to distract him rather than hurt him.

While Apostle is busy with a large chuck of gold/divine energy/ Orichalcum / what-ever, Samaritan is going to use that time to hopefully grab KZ and fly towards the "tube" as fast as he can, assuming Susan hasn't been silent in all of this. Exposing his back he will rip the top off, grab Susan, and fly off as fast as he can (which is fast enough to cover the entire city in less than 30 seconds, though doing this is the equivalent of a normal person sprinting)

Obviously this is assuming Apostle isn't able to attack him during any of this.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-20, 10:56 AM
Samaritan manages to succeed, and escapes with the damsel(s). However, when Apostle gets back up, he looks... not that mad? He juggles the shield around with one hand. Or attempts to, anyway.
"Hmmm... just as planned. And If I play my cards right, I might not have to taste of prison food for a day after all... but let's not get ahead of ourselves. There's still supers outside, the Executor among them, from the sounds of it, and the gent will want to comeback for his shield."

Meanwhile, Longbow II is flipping back up over the lip of the building, onto the roof to avoid the martial artist coming after him.

Saint Nil
2010-05-20, 11:04 AM
The first thing Samaritan does is fly both girls to Decker's own private company. No doubt this multi-national corporation has full medical staff that Susan trusts.

Mina Kobold
2010-05-20, 11:13 AM
From the shadows of the deepest corners of this maze of goods is a pair of purple eyes watching Apostle, their owner wondering if it will be spotted.

ApeofLight
2010-05-20, 11:58 AM
Longbow is soon followed by the martial artist onto the top of the building.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-05-20, 03:06 PM
[Empty Warehouse - Steeltown]

Krystal leans against the wall, breathing heavily. Her workout session went well, she thinks. She feels exhausted, so she must have done something right.

After a moment, she grabs her jacket, bag, and hat, and heads outside. She's gotta get to work now.

-----------------------------------------------------------

[Frost Laboratories Headquarters - Diamond Island]

Bianca logs off of the system. She grabs her jacket and heads toward the door of her office. She needed to get back home and start on the plans. With Susan gone, Decker Corporation should be easy to topple. And she wanted her hand to be the one to do it.

Earl of Purple
2010-05-20, 04:06 PM
Bank

Gregory had left the bank with his money just before the villains arrive. When he saw a man in a bumblebee costume use the front entrance whilst holding an assault rifle, he got home using the ultimate shortcut (flight) and changed into the PurpEarl costume. This, obviously, took some time; hopefully the robbery is still occuring.

So, a man wearing the clothes of an Edwardian gentleman all in purple, complete with a top-hat with PurpEarl written on the ribbon, lands outside and calmly stolls in. "Stop, vile villain! I am PurpEarl, and I politely request that you cease and desist your current course of action, or I will be forced to intervein!" He doesn't seem to realise yet that there's three villains present and he is outnumbered.

horngeek
2010-05-20, 04:18 PM
Susan holds on to Samaritan during the flight.

He'll notice two things.

Firstly, she's only in her undies. Secondly, she isn't physically harmed, except for a few scrapes and bruises. "Thanks..."

Saint Nil
2010-05-20, 07:09 PM
Gladly, Ms.Decker. Try not to talk, yo need rest.

*looks at KZ*
As do you, young miss. We can't drop you in any normal hospital, so if you would give us a hand Ms.Decker? From your track record, I assume you will allow us a measure of privacy as she is attended to. We would hate for everyone to learn her identity.

Samaritan will fly her towards her own estate, and see about getting her and Kid Zephyr medical attention. She might appear fine, but you can never trust appearances. Naturally, he will try to keep her out of the public eye, and the sun's glare around him should hopefully cover up any redness in his face.

horngeek
2010-05-20, 07:14 PM
"My personal maid knows some first aid... and I've got something to build, now."

Eventually, they arrive at her estate, and a woman with brown hair comes hurrying up. "Ma'am, you all right?"

Susan nods. "Eardrums still sore, though. Please don't shout. Kid Zephyr needs attention more. Also, can you boot up the systems?"

The woman nods. "All right. Come this way, please, Samaritan, Kid Zephyr."

Susan heads down to the basement, while the woman leads the two heroes to a room, where KZ can be set down on the couch. She then starts to give some medical attention to the injured superheroine. "...thank you for rescuing Miss Decker, by the way."

Saint Nil
2010-05-20, 07:27 PM
Think nothing of it, it was the right thing to do. We heroes go where we are needed.
As for Ms. Decker..do you know what she meant by "I've got something to build"?

horngeek
2010-05-20, 07:29 PM
"...I'm not sure. Possibly something that she's thought up, but that she hadn't gotten around to building..."

They're interrupted by a voice on the intercom. "Samaritan, would you mind coming down? Got something to show you."

Saint Nil
2010-05-20, 07:31 PM
...Excuse me.

With a look at KZ on the couch, he leaves her in the maids care as he descends the stairs to (assuming) Decker's lab

You needed me, Ms.Decker?

Creed
2010-05-20, 07:35 PM
Bank

Gregory had left the bank with his money just before the villains arrive. When he saw a man in a bumblebee costume use the front entrance whilst holding an assault rifle, he got home using the ultimate shortcut (flight) and changed into the PurpEarl costume. This, obviously, took some time; hopefully the robbery is still occuring.

So, a man wearing the clothes of an Edwardian gentleman all in purple, complete with a top-hat with PurpEarl written on the ribbon, lands outside and calmly stolls in. "Stop, vile villain! I am PurpEarl, and I politely request that you cease and desist your current course of action, or I will be forced to intervein!" He doesn't seem to realise yet that there's three villains present and he is outnumbered.

At that moment Alistaire walks out of the back, a pistol in his hand and his bag stuffed with money.
Well what do we have here, a cape? Ooooh you picked the wrong robbery to stop, buddy. He laughs as his clothes seem top puff a little.

horngeek
2010-05-20, 07:38 PM
Susan nods as he comes in, having changed into a form-fitting blue suit. "Yeah. I had a project that was... well, just an amusement of mine. Basically, it's a personal armor."

She indicates one of the screens, where a wireframe image of the suit is on there. "It runs off one of the miniaturised power sources that we've been developing, and it's got some of our non-lethal weapons designs built in. It's also capable of high-speed flight, and increased lifting capacity.

...I had it ready to assemble, just to see how well it works, but I never intended for it to be used in an actual situation.

I'm going to use it anyway."

She steps onto a central area, with several robotic arms around it, and steps onto two printed footprints on the floor. "Was there anyone else at the warehouse when you left?"