View Full Version : Adventure Time!

Otogi
2010-05-16, 10:42 PM
Come up grab your friends!
We'll go to very - distant lands!
With Jake the Dog and Finn the Human,
the fun will never end!
It's Adventure Time!

Anybody else love this show as much as I do?!

TSGames
2010-05-16, 11:21 PM
No. I find it disturbing that Cartoon Network is showing that to kids. It's one thing for the quality of Adult Swim to be on steady downhill ride; it's quite another for Adult Swim qualities to bleed over into their regular kid oriented animation shows. I am less than happy about it, and I think it's a terrible show due to it's poor animation, poorer writing, and the aforementioned targeting of children.

Otogi
2010-05-16, 11:26 PM
No. I find it disturbing that Cartoon Network is showing that to kids. It's one thing for the quality of Adult Swim to be on steady downhill ride; it's quite another for Adult Swim qualities to bleed over into their regular kid oriented animation shows. I am less than happy about it, and I think it's a terrible show due to it's poor animation, poorer writing, and the aforementioned targeting of children.

Wow, those are some harsh words for one of my favorite shows right now.

Sneak
2010-05-16, 11:27 PM
What? It's a legit show now? All I've seen is the original short. Which is pretty awesome.

RHOMBUS!

Maybe I should start watching...

TSGames
2010-05-16, 11:31 PM
Wow, those are some harsh words for one of my favorite shows right now.

If it makes you feel any better, it's better than 90% of Cartoon Network's original material that has aired on Adult Swim in the last 3 years(excluding "The Boondocks").

Otogi
2010-05-16, 11:33 PM
If it makes you feel any better, it's better than 90% of Cartoon Network's original material that has aired on Adult Swim in the last 3 years(excluding "The Boondocks").

I dunno, watching the last stilted episode gave me some doubts about that.

Piedmon_Sama
2010-05-16, 11:41 PM
I like it. It's got a good combination of ugly cute sensibility and the kind of stories that build into increasing absurdity from a single premise that make a good kid's cartoon.

thubby
2010-05-16, 11:48 PM
seems like one of those stoner shows.

The Demented One
2010-05-16, 11:49 PM
I enjoy this show so much.

Otogi
2010-05-16, 11:49 PM

Yeah, I thought that, too, but it's a lot better when you're actually able to focus on the show :smallwink:

Mando Knight
2010-05-17, 12:10 AM
I actually like the annoying ads. They kinda grow on you.
WHATTIMEISIT WHATTIMEISIT WHATTIMEISIT?!

AAAAAAAD-VENTURE TIME!

Temotei
2010-05-17, 12:14 AM
I personally love the show, but some of the content is questionable.

Then again, their parents should be paying attention to what they're watching.

"All that matters is that you believe in yourself..."
"NEVER!"

Otogi
2010-05-17, 12:34 AM
I personally love the show, but some of the content is questionable.

Then again, their parents should be paying attention to what they're watching.

"All that matters is that you believe in yourself..."
"NEVER!"

I believe that, too, but when I watch this show I always observed that anything that was crossing the line was only as bad as what I, the kids in my neighborhood and in pretty much all the neighborhood around were saying when they were around 6-10.

Jahkaivah
2010-05-17, 09:05 AM
So Finn and Jake, set out to find a new home!
It's gonna be tough, for a kid and a dog on their own....
Here's a little house, ah Finn's sticking his foot in.
That's a bad idea dude, because NOW THAT BIRD THINKS YOU'RE A JERK FINN. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RjnkAGLIy4&fmt=18)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/saxcsa/1272936153642.gif

It'sfineIt'sfineIt'sfine

I believe that, too, but when I watch this show I always observed that anything that was crossing the line was only as bad as what I, the kids in my neighborhood and in pretty much all the neighborhood around were saying when they were around 6-10.

It's also worth remembering some of the screwed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courage_the_Cowardly_Dog) up (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocko%27s_Modern_Life) stuff (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ren_%26_Stimpy_Show) we watched when we were younger.

The Glyphstone
2010-05-17, 09:20 AM
Hey, Courage the Cowardly Dog was awesome.

Jahkaivah
2010-05-17, 09:24 AM
Hey, Courage the Cowardly Dog was awesome.

I didn't say it wasn't.

some guy
2010-05-17, 09:27 AM
Love it. Showed it to a lot of friends. Not a single one didn't like it. We all talk like Lumpy Space People now.

Granted, I would raise an eyebrow if I had children who were watching a show that ended with the lines:
"Hey, naked kid. Do you want some free demon hearts?"
"Heck, yeah!"
But then I would remember the things I watched when I was a young one.

It doesn't have any preachy morals, it has fun, adventure, likeable charachters. I approve it of being a children's show and I love it for being awesome for adults.

some guy
2010-05-17, 09:32 AM
Oh! And don't forget all those references to D&D

-1st ed: Ice King: "Is it because I'm a magic user?"
-4th ed: "Is it evil?"/ "No! But it's not good either. It's errr neutral. [...] Then slay this unaligned ant!"

There's some more, but I can't remember those at this moment. In some shots you can see dice lying around in Finn and Jake's tree fort.

EDIT: In the "Wizard" episode there's the sleep spell. Also, there's an upcoming episode called "Dungeon masters". Awesome.

Cleverdan22
2010-05-17, 02:01 PM
I don't even understand how people can not like this show. The original short was amazing, and I've watched a few episodes of the new show, and they're brilliant. My friends and I have been talking like Lumpy Space Princess for a while now. Not too mention that Bender is Jake and Starfire is Princess Bubblegum.

Ponycow! (Though I like to think of it as Pwnycow, and the creators might have too.)

Lord Seth
2010-05-17, 02:16 PM
and the aforementioned targeting of children.What the heck is wrong with that? The fact it has some adult humor? That's nothing new. Plenty of kid's shows have done that.

Claudius Maximus
2010-05-17, 02:30 PM
This show is amazing, and it's probably my favorite thing on TV at the moment.

As for the tone, it may seem a bit darker than most of today's cartoons, but it's not half as bad as a lot of what's come before. I can remember stuff in Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes that were darker than anything in episodes like The Jiggler or Tree Trunks, and those were pretty much the creepiest episodes of this show.

The only part where I think they might have gone a bit overboard was in The Jiggler when
The Jiggler explodes with red liquid all over the place, and Finn, soaked in the red liquid and desperately holding its dessicated body, just starts screaming, and screaming.
I imagine that could be a bit disturbing to a kid.

pinwiz
2010-05-17, 02:41 PM
Not having access to a TV in my dorm, what's the premise of this show? Cuz if it's Courage-esque, then i may have to seek it out. :smallcool:

Tavar
2010-05-17, 02:54 PM
Adventure Time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtyJi3lExo0). This is the original short, enjoy.

Gamerlord
2010-05-17, 02:58 PM
I don't watch cartoon network anymore, everything there is mindless junk for 8 year olds.

Jahkaivah
2010-05-17, 03:06 PM
Not having access to a TV in my dorm, what's the premise of this show? Cuz if it's Courage-esque, then i may have to seek it out. :smallcool:

This pilot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtyJi3lExo0) sums up the sort show it is. And in case anyone hasn't seen it, Bravest Warriors (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypJOq2vYfe8&feature=related) is also cool, love those little arm-aliens.

Only Adventure Time has been adapted to a series, it's not really Courage-esque but the adapted series has alot more jokes targeting the older audiences and some stuff which is kinda messed up like in Slumber Party Panic when:

The candy people start eating the insides of their deceased friends and family thinking they are bashed up Piņatas.

Dogmantra
2010-05-17, 03:09 PM
So um... I'm going to express my opinion of this show in one word and the only thing I have actually done today:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78/De_ressurect/adventuretimewithatheistanddog.png
MATHEMATICAL!

Mauve Shirt
2010-05-17, 04:24 PM
I first saw the online ice king episode in freshman year, enjoyed it very much and showed it to all of my friends. The only episode of the proper TV series I've seen was the one with the cupcakes and the zombies. I was shocked that "7 minutes of heaven" made it into a kids' show. Also, they seemed to take the jokes that made the online episode so funny ("MATHEMATICAL!" and the like) and turned them into running gags, making them a lot less funny.

Jahkaivah
2010-05-17, 04:35 PM
I first saw the online ice king episode in freshman year, enjoyed it very much and showed it to all of my friends. The only episode of the proper TV series I've seen was the one with the cupcakes and the zombies. I was shocked that "7 minutes of heaven" made it into a kids' show. Also, they seemed to take the jokes that made the online episode so funny ("MATHEMATICAL!" and the like) and turned them into running gags, making them a lot less funny.

Mathematical appears pretty much only in that episode, and used once when it was appropriate, otherwise Finn's catch phrases have been toned down a fair bit.

Yulian
2010-05-18, 01:10 PM
The first full ep I caught after the online pilot was the businessmen one.

I have to say, I liked it, right off. The whole world is just gleefully distorted and weird in an actually childlike way. I mean how real weird little children sometimes perceive the world.

Then I caught the one with George Takei as Ricardio, the heart guy. I think the show fits right in, stylistically, with Chowder and Flapjack.

Come on, we can all picture Flap and Jake yelling at each other:

"ADVENTURE!"
"Did you say...adventure?"
"I sure did little sailor kid!"
"ADVENTURE!"

- Yulian

Lycan 01
2010-05-19, 01:32 PM
I keep missing this show, and it makes me sad. :smallfrown:

Almost everyone who's seen it says its awesome, but I always forget to watch it when it comes on. From what I've heard and seen from the commercials, it actually looks entertaining.

And as far as disturbing stuff goes, stop and think about what we watched as children. Cow and Chicken had nudity, violence, and the naked Devil as a main character. Heck, Satan was a main character in The Powerpuff Girls, too. And then of course, there was Courage the Cowardly Dog, which was and still is my favorite CN show...

Duuuuude, I want them to make a Courage box set sooo bad. :smallsigh:

And lets not forget Invader Zim, even if it wasn't a CN show. Don't get me wrong, it was awesome. But... It just didn't seem like something some kids could handle, nor something their parents would condone. I mean, my parents actually banned me from watching that show after they sat and watched a few minutes of it with me, months after I'd started watching it. :smalleek:

Edit: @^ - Flapjack is great, too. :smallcool: But you can't tell me there aren't some disturbing scenes and aspects to that show... :smalltongue:

Icewalker
2010-05-19, 03:04 PM
Having seen two episodes, I would say that this show is awesome, hilarious, fantastic, and terrible for children. :smalltongue:

I mean, there's shows and movies which are good for kids and also have some adult humor. The Muppets did this wonderfully. But this isn't good for kids with adult jokes which will go over their heads, it's just absurd. In a way which we can find hilarious, but I think might be more troubling for small children...

It's awesome though. I need to see more of it.

Otogi
2010-05-19, 03:05 PM
Having seen two episodes, I would say that this show is awesome, hilarious, fantastic, and terrible for children. :smalltongue:

I mean, there's shows and movies which are good for kids and also have some adult humor. The Muppets did this wonderfully. But this isn't good for kids with adult jokes which will go over their heads, it's just absurd. In a way which we can find hilarious, but I think might be more troubling for small children...

It's awesome though. I need to see more of it.

Like how, bro?

Icewalker
2010-05-19, 03:08 PM
Well, take the ending of the one with the elephant, Tree Trunks. Seemed a tad horrifying, likely too much so for some kids. More the attitudes and morals of the show are not at all representative of what society wants to teach children, and generally for good reason, as others have noted...

Depends on the age and impressionability of the kids, which is why I think it's more like an Adult Swim show, better aimed at older teenagers.

Otogi
2010-05-19, 03:17 PM
Well, take the ending of the one with the elephant, Tree Trunks. Seemed a tad horrifying, likely too much so for some kids. More the attitudes and morals of the show are not at all representative of what society wants to teach children, and generally for good reason, as others have noted...

Depends on the age and impressionability of the kids, which is why I think it's more like an Adult Swim show, better aimed at older teenagers.

But she was alright, right? I mean she was happy...RIGHT?! RIGHT!?!?

Yeah, I can see your point, but the even though each episode has it's own way to rip on an aesop, aren't there underlining themes like loyalty, understanding, trying your best and overall friendship.

And, as much as like Adult swim, I'm...scared about what might happen to Adventure Time. I still remember what happened when Ren and Stimpy was released as an adult program on Spike. *shutters*

Lord Seth
2010-05-19, 03:21 PM
Courage the Cowardly Dog was far more "bad" for children than Adventure Time is.

Dr. Bath
2010-05-19, 03:33 PM
Adventure time re-enforces positive attributes (friendship, imagination, being charitable, friendliness etc) without forcing morales down your throat. How is this a bad show for kids aged about 7-12 (and older obviously)?

I really can't see anything particularly objectionable about it at all. Tree Trunks disappears to another dimension? So what? She seems happy about it, and realised her dream.

Were you watching the same Muppets as me? Because the Muppet Shop was far more 'Adult' (oh how I loathe that term...) than adventure time.

Jeez people! Adventure Time is fantastic for everyone. If you think it doesn't represent how a child's imagination works go read Axe Cop (http://axecop.com/) which is literally written by a 5 year old boy.

Otogi
2010-05-19, 03:38 PM
Adventure time re-enforces positive attributes (friendship, imagination, being charitable, friendliness etc) without forcing morales down your throat. How is this a bad show for kids aged about 7-12 (and older obviously)?

I really can't see anything particularly objectionable about it at all. Tree Trunks disappears to another dimension? So what? She seems happy about it, and realised her dream.

Were you watching the same Muppets as me? Because the Muppet Shop was far more 'Adult' (oh how I loathe that term...) than adventure time.

Jeez people! Adventure Time is fantastic for everyone. If you think it doesn't represent how a child's imagination works go read Axe Cop (http://axecop.com/) which is literally written by a 5 year old boy.

Holy Crap, Axe-Cop has an awesome life!

Areswargod139
2010-05-19, 06:10 PM
As someone who regularly works with children (real life hint: I'm either a substitute teacher or a sweatshop overlord, you pick!) I think Adventure Time is one of the most imaginative and well animated shows (yes the character designs are simplistic, but look at the fluid animation!) since Invader Zim. And as for Adventure Time being too mature for children, again, see: Invader Zim.

Dr.Epic
2010-05-19, 06:16 PM
Saw some episodes and thought they were good. I plan to watch more of it.

lord pringle
2010-05-19, 06:29 PM
am I th only one who thought of erfworld when Finn mastered dustomancy.

Icewalker
2010-05-19, 07:49 PM
I will say, I don't think it's some terrible thing for kids. Just seems a bit much. I may be overreacting (and have only seen two episodes, so not too much to back it up). I should study child psychology more, it's interesting stuff. Love the show though, one way or another.

Yulian
2010-05-20, 05:23 AM
I will say, I don't think it's some terrible thing for kids. Just seems a bit much. I may be overreacting (and have only seen two episodes, so not too much to back it up). I should study child psychology more, it's interesting stuff. Love the show though, one way or another.

Well, look at we had for kids before the 80s. Crazed puppet shows, Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes...all manner of weirdness. In the 80s we had bizarre, fantastical shows with additional violence. Children have strange and malleable minds. Notice how many people say they were scared by the strangest things when they were young, things that were never meant to be frightening.

I just don't see the problem and, as Dr. Bath noted, it has some positive messages buried in there.

Oh, and as a loyal reader of Axe Cop, it is made of pure win. And don't worry about kids. Episode 10 starts with the line "It was night, so Axe Cop put on his cat suit and went out to kill bad guys in their sleep.".

- Yulian

Dr.Epic
2010-05-20, 08:07 AM
One thing I love about the show is that the guy who voices Bender from Futurama also voices Jake.

MCerberus
2010-05-21, 01:33 AM
It's a nightmarish hellscape where everything that can appear to be wholesome or sane turns into something far worse than can be imagined. Just like Rocko, Zim, and Flapjack. I approve.

In the most recent episode I just couldn't help but laughing at the very end where the protagonists are mind controlled by the psychic worm-king. My favorite moment has to be from the "pilot"... Mars Lincoln.

Xyk
2010-05-22, 12:37 AM

It works on multiple levels. I imagine that as a stoner, it would be given added hilarity, but even as a child, there is a certain innocence to it. This is exemplified when Finn shouts "Youth culture forever!" and the imaginative things it stimulates in children. Honestly, between Adventure Time, Flapjack, and Phineas and Ferb, I feel like children's television is making enormous strides. The most important thing to do for a child is to stimulate his/her imagination and mental activity. These shows do that spectacularly.

Honestly the pilot was sooo much better than the series, which is uncommon. The pilot was legitimately hilarious: "Penn (as his name was at the time), your brain has been transported back in time...and to Mars!" is one of my favorite lines in comedy history.

I also find it humorous that Jake's girlfriend speaks what seems to be Japanese in addition to being a half rainbow/half unicorn.

Otogi
2010-05-22, 12:47 AM
It works on multiple levels. I imagine that as a stoner, it would be given added hilarity, but even as a child, there is a certain innocence to it. This is exemplified when Finn shouts "Youth culture forever!" and the imaginative things it stimulates in children. Honestly, between Adventure Time, Flapjack, and Phineas and Ferb, I feel like children's television is making enormous strides. The most important thing to do for a child is to stimulate his/her imagination and mental activity. These shows do that spectacularly.

Honestly the pilot was sooo much better than the series, which is uncommon. The pilot was legitimately hilarious: "Penn (as his name was at the time), your brain has been transported back in time...and to Mars!" is one of my favorite lines in comedy history.

I also find it humorous that Jake's girlfriend speaks what seems to be Japanese in addition to being a half rainbow/half unicorn.

That's not true, Xyk! She speaks Korean.

Fri
2010-05-22, 12:47 AM
I love this show. Kinda reminds me on Chalk Zone, which I like. It's like a crazier, more dangerous version of chalk zone. It's like chalk zone meet axe cop.

I'm weak against adventure.... A show where the premise is every episode is an adventure? I'm SOLD!

Xyk
2010-05-22, 12:52 AM
That's not true, Xyk! She speaks Korean.

Close enough. They're pretty much the same thing. :smalltongue:

Froogleyboy
2010-05-22, 12:54 AM

Can't say I agree. I've yet to see this while high, but it seems like it would terrify stoners. Being high dosen't just make things seem funnier, people. Watch Courage once while high and you will freak.the.hell.out

Otogi
2010-05-22, 01:28 AM
Close enough. They're pretty much the same thing. :smalltongue:

WHAT?! Sorry, it's hard to read on my computer. But now that I have read that, and considering that Japan took many elements from Korea, there may be some truth in that. Not a lot, granted, but it's an interesting tidbit nonetheless.

Dogmantra
2010-05-22, 03:42 AM
That's not true, Xyk!

She speaks in unintelligible hoots in the short, if I recall correctly. So nyah.

Dr.Epic
2010-05-22, 07:46 AM

No. You're thinking of everything on Adult Swim.

Dr. Bath
2010-05-22, 08:37 AM
She speaks in unintelligible hoots in the short, if I recall correctly. So nyah.

Nah she's just crying there. Or occasionally cooing I guess? I heard that she speaks a different far eastern language each episode she appears in but don't know enough Korean, Japanese, Mandarin etc to know for sure.

And the series is just as good as the pilot, if not better. You crazy Xyk.

Dogmantra
2010-05-22, 08:38 AM
Nah she's just crying there. Or occasionally cooing I guess?

How do you know she's not speaking, huh?

You racist against Rainicorns? You a big ol' racist?

Otogi
2010-05-22, 12:35 PM

As someone who has a degree in Rainicorn Studies and had briefly taught at Queens University, I can safely say that...yeah, that's racist, Dr. Bath. That's not cool, bro.

MCerberus
2010-05-22, 12:44 PM
According to multiple wikis of various respectability, Lady Rainicorn can speak French, Korean, and Japanese.

The short is up on Youtube. Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtyJi3lExo0)

Dr. Bath
2010-05-22, 07:50 PM

I only remember the bit where she's crying and Penn tells a joke and she cries more. The noise is definitely crying. STOP DISRESPECTING MY AND LADY RAINICORNS FEELINGS. a bloo bloo :smallfrown:

Dr.Epic
2010-05-22, 08:43 PM
Anyone know when it's on? I mean from aside the new episodes. What's its regular schedule?

MCerberus
2010-05-22, 08:44 PM
According to my satellite tuner, only monday/thursday night for a new episode and a "second chance".

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-22, 09:14 PM
I love any shows were the characters have liquid arms.

Otogi
2010-05-22, 09:16 PM
I love any shows were the characters have liquid arms.

...how many count?

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-22, 09:17 PM
2 so far, but I remain hopeful. *waves arms*

Dr.Epic
2010-05-24, 07:27 PM
Just saw the new episode with the village of thieves. Anyone else thinks the little girl kind of resembles a more insane little kid version of Haley? Also, why did she have a shotgun in her tent? That made me LOL!:smallbiggrin:

Xyk
2010-05-25, 12:03 AM
Just saw the new episode with the village of thieves. Anyone else thinks the little girl kind of resembles a more insane little kid version of Haley? Also, why did she have a shotgun in her tent? That made me LOL!:smallbiggrin:

I saw that episode. I found it hilarious in that nobody really thinks about a city of thieves. Literally everyone is a thief. There are no true victims. Also every time they would run by a thief, they punched him/her. I wish my imagination was still as vibrant as Pendleton Ward's.

Dr.Epic
2010-06-11, 11:31 PM
It's also worth remembering some of the screwed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courage_the_Cowardly_Dog) up (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocko%27s_Modern_Life) stuff (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ren_%26_Stimpy_Show) we watched when we were younger.

And let's not forget all the politically incorrect stuff the previous generations grew up on.

As for the show, I love fantasy elements and comedy to it.

PallElendro
2010-06-12, 11:53 AM
Hey, punk, I got the thread first.

Otogi
2010-06-12, 12:10 PM
Hey, punk, I got the thread first.

Nah-uh, I totally got here first, right guys?

Jahkaivah
2010-06-12, 12:16 PM
Goddamnit Otogi quit abusing Time Travel like that! :smallmad:

Otogi
2010-06-12, 12:23 PM
Goddamnit Otogi quit abusing Time Travel like that! :smallmad:

What? It's a stable loop.

Obrysii
2010-06-12, 12:51 PM
Just caught a few episodes yesterday.

I love that Bender's VA is Jake. That makes the whole thing significantly more watchable at first, followed by the fact I can't quite get the flavor of it. Who's it aimed for? The writing seems too solid to for kids.

Otogi
2010-06-12, 01:09 PM
Just caught a few episodes yesterday.

I love that Bender's VA is Jake. That makes the whole thing significantly more watchable at first, followed by the fact I can't quite get the flavor of it. Who's it aimed for? The writing seems too solid to for kids.

What? Kid shows can't have good writing?

Obrysii
2010-06-12, 01:22 PM
What? Kid shows can't have good writing?

Essentially. The logic follows this line of thinking:

1) Good writers cost more
2) It's a children's show, where kids will not appreciate high quality writing
3) Therefore, it is best to use less costly writers

Dr.Epic
2010-06-12, 02:08 PM
I love that Bender's VA is Jake.

That's one of my favorite things about the show.

MCerberus
2010-06-12, 02:14 PM
Essentially. The logic follows this line of thinking:

1) Good writers cost more
2) It's a children's show, where kids will not appreciate high quality writing
3) Therefore, it is best to use less costly writers

Who said it was just for kids? Cartoon Network seems to thrive on its cartoons reaching out into the 18-24s and supports whatever gets views. This is opposed Nickelodeon and Invader Zim, where the plug was pulled because the show appealed to older than their target.

I would link to that one place that describes this kind of stuff in detail but fear at the time wasting it would cause.

Obrysii
2010-06-12, 02:30 PM
Largely when it airs, and the fact there's kids in the commercials yelling "ADVENTURE TIME!!"

At least in the central time zone, it airs at 4pm - perfect for after school viewing.

Fri
2010-06-12, 03:21 PM
is there a place where I can watch it online from outside US ?

Yulian
2010-06-13, 08:06 PM
is there a place where I can watch it online from outside US ?

No luck unless you wanna hit some sgtreaming sites or just download it from a fileshare site.

I guess it's too new, the CN site isn't rebroadcasting these yet.

As for the target audience, it's pretty clear by now that many cartoons attract one well outside the initial targeted demographic. I'm in my 30s and think it's one of the better shows CN has put out in their usual block.

The writing, in particular, is lobbing a lot of jokes over kids' heads. I mean, "My Two Favorite People" definitely threw a few double entendres in there. "Wizard" had the delightfully macabre scene of the oldest wizard, once replaced, going out with Bufo and starting to climb into a coffin out back, uncommented-on.

Heck, look at the title cards.

- Yulian

Em Blackleaf
2010-06-13, 09:54 PM
I love Adventure Time sooo much. Like, as much as I love my friends and family and boyfriend and pet and house and stuff.

It's okay, because all of those people (I bet the inanimate objects as well) love it that much, soo... It's a mutual "SHUTUPIMWATCHINGADVENTURETIME" when the show comes on. :smalltongue:

Anyway, the show is a perfect combination of whimsy, absurdity and thinly-veiled adult humor, all with a dream-like, imagination like quality. So, I loves it. :smallbiggrin:

Xondoure
2010-06-14, 02:06 AM
Most. RIGHTEOUS. Show. Ever.

Dr.Epic
2010-06-14, 06:29 AM
Most. RIGHTEOUS. Show. Ever.

Mathematical!

Em Blackleaf
2010-06-15, 01:49 AM
Mathematical!
Shmowzow! filler

Dr.Epic