PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Faced Killer Help

jguy
2010-05-16, 11:33 PM
I was designing a Ghost Faced Killer PC for a evil campaign in the future and I could use some help. I know it isn't the most powerful Prestige Class in the game for martial characters but it really fits the theme.

I have him written out to 16 but I feel like he could be stream lined a little better and I was wondering if there were some items/feats that he MUST have of whatnot. Oh and Tome of Battle is a real big if for the build should anyone suggest it then it'd have to give a big bonus to the build.

Right now the build stands at Rogue 5/Fighter2/GFK10

The feats are: Improved Initiative(required) Power Attack (same) Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Leap Attack, Quick Draw, Leap of the Heavens, and Death Blow (themed feat for the party but not required)

Race: Changeling

Alignment: Lawful Evil

I could really use the help. Any items you suggest don't really have a cost cap since I don't know what level we are starting out and I will try to get the important stuff early.

Please Help

realbombchu
2010-05-17, 12:42 AM
I made a Ghost-Faced Killer class "fix" a while back. I changed it to five levels instead. Would you like to see it? Also, I personally would use hexblade, not fighter. Maybe I'm wrong though.

The Cat Goddess
2010-05-17, 01:07 AM
Every time I see "Race: Changeling" and a Melee build, I immediately think "Warshaper".

Yeah, it's a rut... but it's a very strong rut. Being immune to Crits & Sneak Attack, getting Reach and +4 Str, +4 Con & Fast Healing 2.

Sure it's only +3 BAB over 4 levels (the 5th level is pretty-much wasted for a Changeling), but that's not bad considering that the +4 Str more than makes up for it.

jguy
2010-05-17, 01:16 AM
Heh, never thought of Warshaper for this build but it certainly would work. I would also love to see your Ghost Faced Killer fix there realbombchu

jguy
2010-05-17, 04:00 AM
are their any items that can either give me short invis or make someone lose their dex to AC consistently? I don't play rogue types much

Human Paragon 3
2010-05-17, 10:39 AM
Hexblade is a great entry into GFK. You can debuff the hell out of them before delivering your killing blow.

realbombchu
2010-05-17, 12:21 PM
My 5-level Ghost-Faced Killer

1) Frightful attack 1/day, ghost step 1/day
2) Ghost step 2/day, sneak attack +1d6
3) Frightful attack 2/day, ghost step 3/day, ghost step (ethereal)
4) Ghost step 4/day, sneak attack +1d6
5) Frightful attack 3/day, frightful cleave, ghost sight, ghost step 5/day

Change entry requirements to any nongood and sneak attack +1d6
Hit die becomes d12.
I usually add Balance and Disable Device to the class skills too.

realbombchu
2010-05-17, 12:26 PM
Also change the saving throw vs. frightful attack to 10 + 1/2 character level + Charisma modifier.

jguy
2010-05-17, 07:08 PM
That's pretty good. I gotta see if my DM would allow that fix. It would be nice to get all the class features in half the time

realbombchu
2010-05-17, 09:46 PM
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. The whole class revolves around one special attack, so it's not worth half your career. If you explain it that way, I think your GM will agree to let you use my fix.