PDA

View Full Version : Dio's dead :(

Ethdred
2010-05-17, 02:15 AM
I'm not sure if anyone's interested, but I've just found out that Ronnie James Dio died yesterday. A real shock to me - I didn't know he was ill. I saw him back with Sabbath a couple of years ago (which was an excellent gig) and was looking forward to seeing them again. Strange to think we'll never get the chance again, but glad I did get to see those songs live with him. I was never that into Dio the band, but loved his work with Sabbath - Live Evil was my introduction to the band. I'd only just got around to buying Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules on CD two weeks ago. Both fantastic albums. I've also recently starting getting into his work with Rainbow. His lyrics were always a bit silly, but he was obviously a catalyst for some great music. One of the pioneers of metal. He will be missed

Nameless
2010-05-17, 02:17 AM
Found out yesterday. Nameless is not a happy bunny.

faerwain
2010-05-17, 02:31 AM
WHAAAT?!?!

Damn. Forum filter prevents me to express my feelings. I never managed to see him(because I didn't get vacation for last year's Wacken:smallfurious:), but Lock up the Wolves was the very first music I started this year with, after celebrating New Year's Eve for the first time in my new town and home.

Another legend gone. But we should not mourn, but celebrate and be thankful for the years and impact he left, he was truly one of those who shaped the whole of Heavy Metal.

The music will live on.

Starscream
2010-05-17, 03:12 AM
Man, that stinks. No 80s metal playlist is complete without him.

Innis Cabal
2010-05-17, 03:34 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152694

There's already a thread :smallwink: