PDA

View Full Version : Primal Earth: Dark Force Rising

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-17, 02:28 AM
Tonight was a night of destiny and fate, the sensation was thick in the air like a warm blanket the envelops all those brought together by the dark rumors of a savage force leaving entire villages desolate and abandoned in it's wake. At first it had seemed the fearsome bands of pygmy raiders might be responsible for these attacks, but their chieftains and witch doctors were adamant that they hadn't crossed out of their own territory in some time. With the most obvious of villains no longer able to be blamed...confusion had run rampant, confusion that allowed more people to be dragged screaming into the night jungle to never be heard from again.

Finally a radical answer had been proposed by the headsman of a gathering of the killoren people, a being named Vashnu who was much respected by his fellows and neighbors, for a band of the best hunters and mystics to be gathered and be sent in search of this dark problem. He had even offered to host this most important of gatherings in a place sacred to what the killoren consider to be their mother of life, a large stone platform that rests in the pool of a water fall with a thatch roof stretched over top of it for protection from rain and the discerning eyes of air-born predators. But the fateful gathering isn't until night falls, for the moment the leaders of the tribes assembled and their champions were gathered in the cleared out patches of jungle where the junglefolk constructed their grass huts, free to mingle and converse with one another until the appointed time. Keen eyes would spot the eagle-eyed sentries standing watch in the boughs of the trees, simple bows resting against their feet as these scouts would keep a wary gaze on the jungle for a threat animal or man.

But not all at this gathering where from such honored ranks as chieftain or prized hunter...the news of such a gathering had spread far and wide, causing many to come solely to see the happenings in person. It was a respite from the daily struggle to survive in the primal land they all inhabited, a chance to test strength and wit against one another in competition or to form ties with people not of their own kind. It was a first of it's kind, the first time so many important men and women had gathered in one place to discuss a mutual threat.

Already the sun has begun it's long journey into the depths of the earth, but still the day is hot and humid, the promise of rain thick upon the air but not falling from the swollen clouds above. It was a sort of sticky day, which had cast a pall of laziness on the impromptu camp's inhabitants as most tried not to exert themselves. Despite it's historic first, the meeting camp is an eclectic bunch of people from tall and somber neanderthals to the small forms of vicious pygmies with the people in-between running the gamut of shape and size. Here and there, one can even spy the odd shifter-kin or lizardman, certainly out of place but welcome by the killoren hosts so long as trouble wasn't caused with others.

CrypticOcean
2010-05-17, 02:59 AM
Tza-Tlaxtoc

Tza-Tlaxtoc had travelled a great distance to reach this meeting in the most sacred spot of the killoren people. Long had his warnings fallen on deaf ears, and so it did his heart well to know that at last, the people of this land knew of the direness of this unnatural threat that defiled the very sanctity of Nature. His shield rested at his feet, his spear's end resting on the ground as he held it loosely in one hand. His tail swayed quietly as those who surrounded him murmured low, causing the various baubles adorning his form to create hollow clinking noises. Unsure of the Scaleless Ones' customs, he did not speak. At the very least, he would wait until the floor was open.

He mused upon what had become of his people. He wondered how many were still alive...if there would still be a tribe to return to when he finally made his way back to the Darkvine Jungle. His posture was tall and proud, but his eyes betrayed his sorrow to any who could read the emotions of a beast like he. Although his mind was ablaze with a hundred questions, he was still alert. He would be respectful of the Scaleless Ones' ways, even if many of them had given him little reason to do so. After all, he would gain no allies by showing rudeness.

Erad
2010-05-18, 05:55 AM
Bambar

Bambar didn't know why he was sent here. All he was required to do is to guide his clan leader to the meeting. Now he understands the true reason for being here. He thinks that it is obviously, that he will be sent to solve the dark secrets with other skilled warrior. He is confident in himself, he doesn't think: he knows that he will succeed.

And for now, while everyone is still gathering he is hunting. He and his eagle friend kill animals with great skill, and with some kind of magic preserve it, protecting it from going bad. Some part of the meat Bambar prepares himself: even his rivals would agree that he is a great cook.

He doesn't speak with others much, no he waits until a band of veteran warriors will gather.

DragoonWraith
2010-05-18, 01:14 PM
Krimgûl
Krimgûl lurked in the shadows of the forest surrounding the gathering, not revealing himself yet. He saw the sentries, though they took care to not be completely obvious; they did not see him, though he slipped in and out of the trees all along the perimeter of the camp.

He had been given no specific directions, yet it was clear that this was where he had been sent. Clearly before him were warriors considered great in their own ways; they who went without spirits, ultimately, left him unimpressed, but no Hunter could miss the obvious strength and skill inherent in their very movements. He was quite confident that he even picked out mannerisms that spoke of considerable magics, and knew well these were perhaps most dangerous.

He saw also many tribes mixing that would not normally mix. Diminutive brutes, leaf-clad forest-dwellers, scaled warriors, the ones his people knew as the Spiritless, though all these, he thought, were without the spirits his people walked with. So. The Troquhai had no elaborate social rituals, and bluntness and self-service were their way, so it was good that the predominant emotion present tonight was one of two that Krimgûl recognized. Fear had driven together these, and it was clear in many of the elders' faces that this was a desperate measure. Yes, he was to join with them, and despite their better judgement they would accept, he thought.

The words of Mognût returned to him as he prepared for this journey, taking up the packs carrying all manner of knick-knacks: Take these things, for they are valued by those you will find. Do not spurn them, as they can be offered for things you will need - and though we do not need these things, you need them to get what you do need. So he carried the silly beads and the extraneous hides, their not insignificant weight lifted comfortably by his strong muscles. Krimgûl knew nothing of this, having always easily fended for himself and his duty-bound mate, and brought back more besides to sacrifice to the spirits. So had every Throquhai.

He viewed these, and picked out their Hunters, and saw among them those who the Throquhai knew not: those who could not fend for themselves, who depended on the champions. At these he scoffed. But he had been warned that things among these people would be more complicated, and he must go carefully, especially in introductions. He therefore decided to wait until the ceremony began before joining the champions on the table.

Isosceles
2010-05-18, 07:06 PM
Zan'chi

The snake wriggles on the dark rock. Zan'chi hit it, driving the butt of his club down with a sharp jab onto the small, fragile head. Under the force of the blow, the skull shatters; blood splatters against the rock. The snake twitches, then slips down onto the dark soil. The pygmy wastes no time, dropping down on his haunches, back bent, peering with narrowed eyes at the bloodied stone. Before his expert gaze, the stone gives up its secrets. The blood, it is as an arrow. Zan'chi sniffs, casting his white eyes upwards to the grey clouds overhead. The arrow is straight and flies true. It portends well. He looks down again; he is in the middle of the camp, squatting over his prophecy-rock. There are many eyes on him – human, neanderthal, beast-men. The elder pygmy's dark lips part into a disconcerting grin of cracked teeth. He nods at his onlookers, satisfied.

"The signs are good." The crowd, disconcerted, disperses.

Gorgondantess
2010-05-18, 07:24 PM
Deinaan strode through those gathered there, standing several inches above just about any other Killoren there. He wore a necklace of jade and other intricately carved stones, a symbol of high ranking amongst his people, and he wore it awkwardly. The world was a haze around him, and it took him some time to find his quarry.
Finally, he stood before Vashnu, greeting him with a smile and a bow. "Vashnu... It's been far too long."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-19, 01:53 PM
The killoren looks at his fellow with a look of empty indifference, though Deinaan can detect a hint of smile tugging at his lips. He was only average size, for one of those folk, but he brought an impressive sense of command with him. Here was a man who had fought and survived for many years, though not unscathed from the white scar lines tracing across his arms. A dyed breastplate hangs over his chest and back, the feathers of colorful jungle animals dangling from the bottom of each 'plate'. Vashnu also carries a stone cudgel with both hands, painstakingly chipped and molded until one could make out the worn image of a great tree along the side of it.

"If only it could have been under better omens." the older male says solemnly, though a twinkle has come into his eyes as if remembering something fond, "Come speak with about the old times, after the gathering when such a dark cloud does not hang over us. You are always welcome in my home, friend."

Someone called the warrior chief's attention then and he gave Deinaan a pat on the shoulder before moving to see what had needed his attention. The evening seemed to pass quickly then, the sun seeking it's bed as more people filtered out of the jungle to form an even larger mob of those not invited to this meeting. They couldn't resist it though, such a large group also promised safety to those within it throughout the course of the night. But the 'festivities' wouldn't last forever and soon enough a horn call signaled that the time had come. The chiefs, their advisers, and the champions began to filter their way through the crowd up to the meeting stone for the dire meeting of clans and people. As they left the heat and light of the fires, the number of biting insects died down to, giving a pseudo-feeling of comfort even as the humid air began to cool ever so slightly.

Not that the clearing so far below, and the higher the visitors climb the farther away it seems to get, slowing down in activity as the killoren hosts drag out crude drums and other unrecognizable instruments from their camouflaged huts to be gathered around one of largest of the fires. As the foliage finally obscures the clearing, an intricate tribal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz1YUaKRsTE&feature=related) tune can be heard wafting up from below as the delegates gathered before the crashing waterfall and took their seats around the edge of the rock. But there was little room for others besides the chieftains, their chosen champions forced to gather in the circle of waist high stones that blocked the path leading up to the meeting place. Here there were no scouts seen, but it didn't mean they weren't there...Just like some of those in the circled stones hadn't been selected by a chieftain to attend, but the four were left there in silence as the soft murmurs of discussion mix with the music from down below.

Erad
2010-05-22, 04:18 AM
Bambar walks around randomly, waiting for when it will be announced that he is sent on a mission. Yet, while elders are just talking, great hunter has nothing to do. He is bored, which happens quite rarely. He also sees that he is only human champion. Anyway, if they will be sent together, it's time to meet them better. He chooses a champion randomly and greets him or her.

"I am Bambar Eagleeye, great hunter"

And waits for reply.

Let it be the one who answers first

DragoonWraith
2010-05-22, 01:11 PM
Krimgûl
Krimgûl crept through the forest alongside the champions, the spirits cloaking him in their dark embrace, hiding him from the sentries and the champions themselves. Hearing Brambar's declaration, he displaced himself as the beasts do, moving from the hiding of the jungle to the circle in plain sight with no intervening movement. Having caught their attention, he announced, "I am Krimgûl," and at this he breathes a plume of fire, thirty feet long, into the sky, "Hunter of the Throquhai, Gatherer of Sacrifice, who walks with the Spirits, who stalked the mad mage Nebraluk, who rescued the wayward spirit Sha'eernyrok, who was sent by High Shaman Mognût to find this gathering and to hunt with you."

In the glare of the flare, his appearance can be seen - as large a man, maybe, but hunched over, arms too long and legs perhaps not enough, body small, almost emaciated, head large, jaw, eyes, and nose exaggerated, and all covered in dark tattoos. His hands, in particular, end with dark, glowing blue claws, and his head is adorned with a pair of ram's horns.

Erad
2010-05-22, 02:31 PM
"My honor to meet you, Krimgûl", says Bambar.
He looks... well ordinary, for a human. He is pretty tall and thin and very nimble and fast. He wears leather armor and wields two weapons: a bow and a dagger. Dagger's blade look red, like it's being forged. Strangely, hunter doesn't seem to feel heat. On his back there is a bow, from which comes the strange feeling of cold, so uncommon in those parts.

He bows a little.

"I believe same reasons bring us here. Are you also worried of those strange attacks? Does your clan also suffer from it?"

DragoonWraith
2010-05-22, 03:35 PM
Krimgûl
"We of the Throquhai suffer nothing. The Spirits have called for this mission, and I have gone, though I know not why. What attacks have their been?" Krimgûl was out of his element. He expected resistance, fear, perhaps. He expected the need for defiance and aggressive confidence. Simple acceptance was truly strange; the man was either a fool or the situation was far more desperate than Krimgûl had expected... then again, would the Spirits send him if not?

Erad
2010-05-22, 03:44 PM
"Someone, or better to say something, has been attacking settlements in a wild rage. Humans, pigmeys, other people from around. Something is attacking us all. As far as I know elders are planning to send me and others to find out what is behind those attacks. And what brings you here?.. And what are you?"

Gorgondantess
2010-05-22, 03:56 PM
Deinaan stands aloof, at the edge of the group. He's a perfect specimen of a killoren, tall, lean, smooth, with perfectly chiseled muscles. However, the color scheme is all off: his skin is pale and colorless, and his hair and eyes are inky black.
When introductions are passed around, he tries to remain impassive, but the tiniest twitch can be seen. He merely says "My name is Deinaan", then returns to his detachment.

DragoonWraith
2010-05-22, 04:04 PM
Krimgûl
Krimgûl had been prepared for this; Mognût had specifically warned him that he was traveling far and the name of the Throquhai may not be known here. "I am told that you Spiritless, who call yourselves hyûm'n, may know the Throquhai as shifters, for we change ourselves readily. The Spirits called on Mognût to send the greatest of the Hunters to join with the group he would find here, and I am that Hunter. I know not why the Spirits have asked this; that is Mognût's job to ask. I trust that he was satisfied with their answers, for I was not sent lightly. I have traveled far, many days and I move quickly; attacks have not reached the Throquhai."

Erad
2010-05-22, 04:16 PM
Now you could see that Bambar became strangely pale.

"I have never seen... Throquhai before. It is always interesting to meet a new... face. Yes, it is. I am hunter myself and it's always good to meet another one, especially from another tribe. And I am familiar with spirits myself... Well, not really familiar, but I do carry their blessings."

DragoonWraith
2010-05-22, 06:39 PM
Krimgûl
Krimgûl briefly narrowed his eyes in suspicion at Brambar's claim of the spirits' blessings. He doubted this, at least in the way that the Throquhai would mean the phrase, but did not question it.

Isosceles
2010-05-22, 08:43 PM
Zan'chi

As Bambar finishes speaking, he voices the suspicion that is on Krimgul's mind as well. The diminutive old man bursts into high-pitched laughter. "You are blessed by the spirits, human? The spirits want nothing with humans – that is why you have no eyes and no ears, but much mouth!" He pulls himself together; the laughter ceases. The pygmy stands upright, back straight and proud. "This I say as Zan'chi the Darkener, of the Chi'ji'ap Clan. Zan'chi knows of the spirits, and he knows that they do not bless humans!"

Erad
2010-05-23, 03:46 AM
"And yet I do bear their blessings!", says Bambar, "The night after I saved Deathclaw, they came to me in my dreams and sent me my deadly weapons. The bow brings cold and the blade burns. Who could send those if not spirits? Who could bless me for rescuing the one in dire need?"

Gorgondantess
2010-05-24, 01:26 AM
Deinaan stamps the butt of his spear against the ground, and looks at Zan'Chi, seeming more hurt than angry. "That human is not only blessed by the spirits, but more than you ever were or will be. The dark beings you worhip in the night cannot be given that title with impunity."
He sits down on a log with a sigh, and tugs on his necklace absentmindedly. He then remembers that he's around people, and waves a hand at Bambar. "Not to insinuate that you're particularly blessed by the spirits, of course."

DragoonWraith
2010-05-24, 10:42 AM
Krimgûl
Krimgûl looked at Deinaan. These he was a bit more familiar with, having seen Pygmies only rarely and Humans only once before, a glimpse at a caravan in a clearing that he had ignored for they looked weak and therefore unappealing to the spirits.

But the Killoren he knew somewhat. They worshiped spirits very much not like his own. If his were beasts and hunters, theirs were plants and growing things. Theirs did not move. "Your spirits are complacent, sedate. They do not come with you. Even now, you must be without them. My spirits hunt with me, they stalk the ways and rend flesh in my claws. And it seems the Hunt is what you need now."

Gorgondantess
2010-05-25, 01:08 AM
Deinaan blinks a couple times, then sighs. "Yes. Your hunters are needed in the darker times."
He slumps down, and shakes his head.
Did you read my backstory? That pretty much hit the nail on the head.

CrypticOcean
2010-05-25, 02:36 AM
Tza-Tlaxtoc

Tza-Tlaxtoc had watched as these Champions bickered like children, attempting to argue who the Spirits favoured more, who was more in-tune with them, who knew the ways of the spirt best. He could hold his silence no longer. The customs of these creatures at this point hardly seemed to differ, although their philosophies certainly did. He struck the end of his spear upon the ground with great force, aiming to strike silence into those who should be allies.

"Enough! It is foolishness to pretend to understand the ways of the Spirits, for their ways are beyond our comprehension. All we can do is hope that our reverence can appease them, and that our strength can prove to them that we are worthy of survival. It matters not who claims to walk with them, for we all walk amongst them." he said sternly, surveying the group before him. He believed now he understood why his people stayed seperate from the Scaleless Ones. Yet, even his kind had succumbed to hubris...

He drew himself up to his full, impressive height, his tone softening.

"We all stand gathered here not to discuss our standing with the Spirits, but of the Darkness that has begun to plague your people, the very same Darkness which has defied Nature itself, and has reduced many of my people into abominations." he paused for a moment, gathering his thoughts, "I know that you Scaleless Ones do not make a habit of trusting my kind, for we walk amongst the Treading Gods and bear their armour upon our flesh. Our goals now, however, are aligned. The Black Mountains contain an Evil the likes of which this world shall fall to if we who gathered here do not take a stand."

He bowed his head and said a prayer to the Spirits and the Treading Gods, for he felt he would need their combined strength to protect him from the Evil his words had described.

"I am Tza-Tlaxtoc, Shaman of the Dark Scale Tribe, and the Great Tribes of the Darkvine Jungle. Or what little remains of the Great Tribes that have not yet given into the power of the Black Mountain. I do not pretend to know the form of this Evil, but I have seen with my own eyes what it has done to my people. They do not respect Nature any longer. They wish to dominate and rule it, believing that all is their own to claim. Their power is great, but foul and corrupt, it is not of this world, nor of the Spirit World. The Former Chieftain of the Dark Scale Tribe is to blame, and I believe if we can find him, we will be one step closer to ending the Darkness that plagues us all." he said, looking to each of the gathered in turn, his sympathy for their cause clear in his voice.

"What say you all? Shall we put our bickering and differences aside for a short while, at least until we can put an end to the suffering our tribes endure?"

He awaited for their answer, almost certain that at least one of them would refute his claims. He understood that much of what he said would be difficult to believe. He could only hope that they took the threat seriously enough to see the truth in his words.

DragoonWraith
2010-05-25, 12:07 PM
Krimgûl
"You may find it is foolishness to pretend Krimgûl doesn't understand the ways of the Spirits. I know the Spirits want me here, to help you on your war against this Dark, but know too that I am here because they send me, not you, and I will not be spoken down to."

Did you read my backstory? That pretty much hit the nail on the head.
Yeah, of course. Though of course Krimgûl doesn't know anything about what you've done, only about the differences between your spirits and his. I wouldn't have known about your spirits without reading your backstory, and I certainly wouldn't tell you how your own spirits behave.

Erad
2010-05-25, 12:44 PM
Bambar

"I seek no quarrel with anyone", said Bambar, "we will have to fight together and need to be friends. And I don't think we need to quarrel about who is blessed more by spirits."

CrypticOcean
2010-05-27, 02:23 AM
Tza-Tlaxtoc

"If you believe that I have belittled you, then you are sorely mistaken. I also did not claim that I am the reason for your being here. I would say that no one has heeded my warnings thus far, so how could I expect you to be here because of my will, Krimgul?" said Tza in an even tone, "I will not argue anything concerning the spirits any further. I have said what I feel, and that is all I can do. If you disagree, those are your thoughts to bear, for I do not wish to hear them. I find that debate about the spirits tends to last far too long for my liking. Although I am glad to hear that some prefer not to carry on such arguements."

He hoped that this Krimgul would not prove to be a problem. Truly, he was blessed by the spirits, but to claim to truly know them was something that Tza-Tlaxtoc could not believe. One could only ever to pretend to know the spirits, and their luck with them would only last as long as the spirits desired it to. It had little to do with understanding, and more with the whims of these powerful beings.

His primary concern was dealing with the Black Mountains, nothing else mattered until the moment this task was finished.

My apologies for not using the appropriate "u" for Krimgul. I do not know how to form such a fancy letter.

DragoonWraith
2010-05-27, 10:09 AM
Krimgûl
Krimgûl glared at the lizard, but said nothing. He felt furious, but bewildered. Everything he said only made the stupid scaled one talk more nonsense, and he wanted no more of it.

Krimgûl won't be any problem unless he gets very direct and specific instruction from said spirits that he should become one. He doesn't care for Tza (or anyone else, for that matter, save perhaps those he left behind), but he's on a mission and won't abandon it.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-27, 06:30 PM
The discussion among the champions seemed to echo the talk of the tribal leaders above, the occasional heated words drifting down from above that only seem to stoke the ire of those waiting to be seen by this coalition of tribes. But the talks don't seem to be going particularly well. Thunder rumbles off in the distance, as if nature threatened to wash the warring people away with a mighty storm, but the rains were some time off. Hopefully this business would be finished by that time!

But with all of the arguing about the spirits, their favor, and the dark menace that Tza-Tlaxtoc had brought news off. It brings a chill to the air to hear about the troubles that the scaled ones seemed to be having with this same menace. Just how far had it spread? Just what was it? The unknown is a terrifying force by the simple nature that it was unknown, and right now the dark depths of the jungle seemed as if it could be harboring any kind of menace seeking warm flesh and blood.

The night-time symphony of animals and insects began to die down, leaving an eerie silence in it's wake as all the sound that is left is the rustling of leaves and the creaking of trees in the stiff breeze coming from the north.

All of a sudden there was noise once more, but not the sort normally associated with the night-time jungle. A heavy thrumming noise, faint at first but growing stronger, can be heard from the tree-tops above from the direction of the killoren encampment below. But as it finally came close enough for worry to begin to edge at the back of your minds, it's driven home with startling clarity.

A piercing scream sounds from the camp of many tribes below, quickly silenced by the thick bushes and ferns around your little gathering, but others quickly joined it as a bright orange light barely filters through the underbrush from the way you had come.

DragoonWraith
2010-05-27, 07:33 PM
Krimgûl
[roll0]
As requested. Not sure how Krimgûl will respond yet... probably better in response to someone else.

Gorgondantess
2010-05-28, 11:12 PM
[roll0]
Nice.:smallbiggrin:
Upon hearing the screams, Deinaan looks up, and furrows his brows, processing for a moment, oblivious to all around him. A good minute later, he leaps up, grabs his spear, and runs down to see what the commotion was.

DragoonWraith
2010-05-28, 11:47 PM
Krimgûl
While Deinaan is contemplating, I guess.

"It would seem that your peoples who cannot Hunt have become Hunted, and are even now being offered. Since the spirits compel me to join you, and those who sacrifice your brethren are those you stand against, it would seem that I am to help stop them? Or shall we leave them to their fate?"

Erad
2010-05-29, 05:42 AM
"We aren't abandoning our men", yelled Bambar and took out his bow and put an arrow on it, "Let them come! Deathclaw, I need your help!"

Initiative: [roll0] :smallfrown:

CrypticOcean
2010-05-30, 01:09 PM
Intiative-[roll0]

Tza-Tlaxtoc

Tza-Tlaxtoc was not one to hesitate when he heard death fall upon the defenseless of the tribe. True, this was not his own tribe, but so long as their interests were aligned, he would treat them as one of his own. With his spear and shield in hand, he silently rushed to the defense of his temporary tribesmen, ready to die to further his cause.

DragoonWraith
2010-05-30, 02:40 PM
Krimgûl
Krimgûl follows them silently, grimly determined to save these weaklings despite is own judgment that it was exactly what they deserved. After all, the spirits knew better than he.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-31, 12:22 PM
The scene when Deinaan barrels past the last obstructing layer of fronds that separate the chosen champions from gathering below is one of chaos. Human, pygmy, neanderthal, and killoren people scramble about desperately as hulking scaled forms begin to separate individuals from the 'herd' and bear them down to the ground. Some find a swift end at the edge of crimson claws while others are quickly and expertly bound with lengths of rope to leave them helpless in the dirt. Smaller scaled forms, which resemble Tza-Tlaxtoc if it weren't for their crimson claws and frills that run down their spines, hurry in then to grab these captives and begin to drag them back out into the jungle.

Arrows whiz down from above from the killoren sentries but there is less of them then there were when the trail had first been ascended and the reason why is clear right away. That deep humming zoomed by overhead as a black and yellow hornet thrums through the air, with scaled human-like figure on it's back, to jab one of the scouts with it's large stinger.

"Aghhh!" the killoren screamed as too-thin legs grasped hold of the struggling man and take off once more, and (to your sight) at least one more hornet buzzes about in the canopy.

But it wasn't just hornets helping out these devilish creatures, a beetle larger then a horse with a spiny carapace crashes through one of the grass huts with it's massive horn like protrusion, rooting out the people that had been cowering within it and the hunter who jabs at it with a flint spear. Another such massive beetle trundles in front of the path with a line of captives already tied to one of it's rear legs, the lizardman perched atop it's back carrying a long spear and an ivory horn carved with demoniac features...

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ahif44.png

Jungle counts as difficult terrain.
Cleared Ground nothing special about it.
Giant Wasp with accompanying rider.
Giant Beetle and accompanying rider. (The brown squares, cause the closest to brown is Sienna or 'Dark Red')
Lizardman

Assume each of you is entering from square (19,11).

DragoonWraith
2010-05-31, 12:32 PM
Krimgûl
Seeing the lizard men, Krimgûl growls, and gallops on all fours in an oddly loping gait, ramming headfirst into the nearest Lizardman.

Charging to (13, 10) and hitting the Lizardman at (12, 10) with Amon's Ram attack:

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

AW, just missed the critical hit.

Following the attack, Krimgûl unleashes a primal screech, and then licks his fangs in front of his foes.

CrypticOcean
2010-06-02, 06:15 PM
Tza-Tlaxtoc

Tza-Tlaxtoc watches as his brethren fall upon the united tribes, binding, killing, and dominating all who dare to defy them. For now, Tza held his ground. He lifted his spear into the air, pointing its fanged head into the sky above the Wasp Rider. His eyes blaze with power as dark clouds gather overhead, as powerful breeze seems to flow around him.

"Spirits of Storm and Fury! I beseech you! Bring forth the primal fury of the skies upon these defilers!"

A crackling bolt of lightning dances up his spear and launches into the dark skies above. The bolt instantly slams down upon the Giant Wasp and its Rider, a loud thunderclap resounding throughout the battlefield.

Remaining in starting square. Casting Call Lightning onto the Giant Wasp and Lizardfolk Rider in 8-9, 14-15. Reflex 17 for half damage.

[roll0]

Erad
2010-06-04, 08:48 AM
Bambar quickly follows the others, while taking his bow from the back. He also whistles and an eagle descends from somewhere.

Hunter quickly looks around, then finds a target. His target is Giant Wasp, the same one that was attacked by Tza-Tlaxtoc.

If it's already dead, he shoots the second giant insect.

Eagle flies forward on the flying monster and attacks it.

Bow attack: [roll0] Piercing attack if hit: [roll1]
Frost Attack: [roll2]

Have only giant eagle stats, not normal one, so please roll it's attack for me.

Gorgondantess
2010-06-14, 11:57 PM
As soon as Deinaan bursts into the scenery, he draws his spear, then closes his eyes, concentrating. Finally, he opens his eyes, and they glow with dark light; black shadows wrap around his body, distending, warping; his legs become equine, like a goat's, and black, flickering horns sprout from his head. The spear warps and twists, the head becoming almost non-euclidean and headache inducing, as his whole body becomes one black silhouette.
Heavily refluffed alter self into satyr; I gain a 1d6 headbutt, +4 NA (bringing my AC total to 20), 40 ft. move speed and alertness.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-15, 03:01 PM
Deinaan's shapeshifting remains un-noticed, for the moment, with the attacking war party still too busy with tying off those captives they have managed to snatch before having to track the others into the jungle. Tza's conjuration of lightning did not go so missed as the bolt strikes clean through the fierce looking wasp and it's rider.

The dark-scaled shape on the wasp's back tumbles to the ground with smoke rising from it's body and the charred hole blasted through it's chest, leaving the incensed wasp directionless with only it's own aggressive instincts to go on. It weaves from side to side in the air, as if to dodge further bolts before it zips closer and dives down with a loud hum, driving it's barb-less stinger at the lizardman shaman's torso before continuing on past him without bothering to see if it had hit it's mark with Bambar's eagle in fast pursuit.

But Krimgul's aggressive and powerful assault carries the shifter right into the middle of the fight, catching the two hundred pound bulk of the scaled being he had singled out square in the chest. He'd feel his curled horns crack a rib or too, even as the big reptile brings it's club down in a hard but clumsy swing that bounces ineffectively off the primal shifter's shoulders. Before Krimgul can respond though, he can only watch as the big beetle that had been standing placidly rears up and twists towards the battling duo.

At the urging of it's rider it begins to rumble forward, bowling the two over as it lowers it's massive horn and begins to charge towards the two still remaining back on the path. Most everything turns into flailing insectoid limbs and dust for Krimgul, but after the beetle passes over he can see the crumbled body of his prey as the captives leashed to the beetle are dragged past him.

Another lizardman who had been close by takes advantage of the shifter's prone position to launch a heavy net towards him, trying to pin him down against the ground beneath the net.

Bambar takes a quick lead on the injured wasp, quickly loosing an arrow after it, but his response is too hasty and the shaft flies wide of it's target.

Unable to update the map at the map at the moment, but I'll record the new coordinates for any enemies that move closer away from you guys.

Giant Wasp: -16 life
Wasp Rider: Dead
Lizardman Attacked by Krimgul: -9 HP

Attacked Lizardman misses Krimgul

The stag beetle closest to the group moves to charge towards Erad and Tzaz and tramples Krimgul and his target along the way. DC 19 for half of 15. It stops on 17-11, 18-11, 17-12, and 18-12.

The one from 12,10 coming to help him throws a net at Krimgul (15 ((Total)) to hit touch AC).
Wasp dive bombs Tza. 16 to hit for 8 damage and a DC 14 Fort. save vs. the Wasp's venom.

DragoonWraith
2010-06-16, 01:10 PM
Krimgûl
Krimgûl fights with the net that has him trapped.

[roll0]

[roll1]

There's no one in melee range with Krimgûl, right?

Gorgondantess
2010-06-17, 02:53 PM
As the giant beetle comes skidding to a halt before him, Deinaan quickly snaps out with his spear at the rider, then leaps back into the clearing.
Attacking the giant beetle's rider.
[roll0] attack
Damage:[roll1]+[roll2]

Erad
2010-06-21, 12:48 PM
Bambar quickly notices the stag beetle who is running towards him. He quickly raises his bow, puts a new arrow on the string and after a moment releases it.
Eagle Deathclaw wishing to protect his master attacks the insect from the height.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: Arrow [roll1] Cold [roll2]

Again I ask to roll eagle for me.