PDA

View Full Version : Tainted boost (3.5)

Balor01
2010-05-17, 02:34 AM
I am thinking of offering my players a chance to make themselves stronger, yet at the same time becoming more evil and less stable.
Since my players do not care regarding their allignments changing from good to evil, I was thinking of maybe something like 5% everyday chance to go berserk or something similar, while becoming stronger.

Much like in Warcraft, the Chaos Orcs become supersoldiers after drinking Mannoroth's blood, but also became "demonic" and went away from orcs' old dream of independence from demons.

Any mechanical suggestions?

Divide by Zero
2010-05-17, 02:39 AM
Heroes of Horror has rules for Taint. Might want to see if that's the kind of thing you want.

Balor01
2010-05-17, 04:01 AM
Yeah, i was thinking of that, but I would ask for some suggestion regarding bonuses and penalties? Say, like, if PCs drink from the fountain, they get fiendish template and 5% chance to go berserk per day.

Are there any such established transformations?

Cogidubnus
2010-05-17, 05:17 AM
Maybe it would be worth looking at the Dark Sun rules for taint
{Scrubbed}
would work, at least for casters. Some similar variation for powering combat prowess wouldn't be too hard to devise.

PersonMan
2010-05-17, 05:29 AM
You could give them "Good Points", which they can pay for special bonuses and the like. The less they have, the more Evil they get.

Volthawk
2010-05-17, 10:34 AM
Maybe more Vile feats? Deformity feats would work, I think.

Balor01
2010-05-17, 11:55 AM
Maybe more Vile feats? Deformity feats would work, I think.
Yes! Good call. I'll check them out.