PDA

View Full Version : Lost in the Feywild. (Character concept)

R. Shackleford
2010-05-17, 04:33 AM
Hey all. 4e player here. This is a fluff thing, so it shouldn't matter too much.

I'm playing a Half-Elf Bard. He's more Half-Eladrin, but we don't have those, so I just reflavored him. I'm working on his background right now...

He's the son of an Eladrin noble (I said he was marquis, it sounded Eladrin-y), who'd had a fling with a human woman or something. Mom's out of the picture, but he lives with his father and Half-Sister, in a city that's predominantly Eladrin. So there's that for angle right there. Eventually he decides to leave because he doesn't belong, and he ends up working as a sellsword when he joins the party, and generally lives to kill stuff for the awesome stories he can tell afterward.

But while I was picking through one of the books, I read about the Feywild. So I thought to myself, what if he ended up stuck there for a time? I thought, what if his sister used some kind of Fey thing to send him there for an undisclosed period of time? What happens when a person is stranded in the Feywild? What would they need to survive? Could a lone PC (well, before becoming an adventurer) survive for long? Does long term exposure have any effects on a person?

hamishspence
2010-05-17, 04:39 AM
Manual of the Planes covers the Feywild in more detail- it's fairly dangerous, but if a person finds one of the "points of light" in there where survival is easier- such as an eladrin city- they might be able to fill a role.

The rituals used to get to the Feywild (and the Shadowfell) are lower in level than other rituals- so he could have been brought over by a quite low-level character, and left there for a while.

There's nothing about long-term exposure affecting mortals. And mortal races like the goblins (which don't have the fey origin) do dwell there.