ANOTHER SUPERMAN!!!

DUHN DUNM DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KayJay
2006-05-30, 08:22 AM
Uh... what?

CelestialStick
2006-05-30, 08:28 AM
Uh... what?

LOL. The correct answer is "no" because well, they're like Superman, you know, so they wouldn't fight at all. ;)

Ing
2006-05-30, 01:44 PM
hehe, i meant this as a joke seeing as we're having all the super hero battles...and Superman shows up to win every single one, therefore why nto give him a worthy nemesis! himself

the debate can be, early superman v modern, any of the pre crisis multi-supermen, electric superman v normal superman. or even 1940s cartoon (slap a jap) superman vs super friends superman. movie superman vs TV superman. JL superman Vs animated superman. chose one and prove your point.

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-05-30, 02:21 PM
Well, in Superman 3 we saw Dark Superman and Good Clark Kent fight one another in an auto junkyard, courtesy of being split in two by black kryptonite. In Smallville this was referenced to by having Clark exposed to black K and split into his human self and his alien self above the waist only, and having the two selves pummel each other until they rejoined as a more whole and coherent Clark.

And I think there was a comic book story with a brainwashed Metallo disguised as a Superman clone, fighting our Superman.

And of course, there's Bizarro.

So are we talking the good and evil halves of Big Blue, or another Kryptonian with equal powers and strength?

CelestialStick
2006-05-30, 02:29 PM
Well, in Superman 3 we saw Dark Superman and Good Clark Kent fight one another in an auto junkyard, courtesy of being split in two by black kryptonite. In Smallville this was referenced to by having Clark exposed to black K and split into his human self and his alien self above the waist only, and having the two selves pummel each other until they rejoined as a more whole and coherent Clark.

And I think there was a comic book story with a brainwashed Metallo disguised as a Superman clone, fighting our Superman.

And of course, there's Bizarro.

So are we talking the good and evil halves of Big Blue, or another Kryptonian with equal powers and strength?

I kind of liked the scene were Superman got split into the good Clark Kent and the evil Superman, and the good Clark Kent won. I don't recall any black kryptonite though. I remember only red kryptonite that made him not-so-good.

I remember that Smallville had black kryptonite, but for the life of me I don't recall Clark fighting himself or anything. I just recall that heating up green kryptonite with his heat vision created the black kryptonite. I also recall some silver kryptonite, but not what happened with it. My memory definitely isn't as good as it used to be.

Holy_Knight
2006-05-30, 02:38 PM
Didn't the silver kryptonite make him go paranoid and hallucinate things? There was definitely an episode where some kind of kryptonite did that.

Also, I too don't remember any black kryptonite in Superman 3. I thought it was more a metaphysical thing, where Clark was trying to overcome his new evil personality and go back to the way he had been before.

Now, for the original topic:

Superman vs. Electric Red/Blue Superman/men

Superman uses his "I'm not a completely ridiculous idea" power, sending Electric Red/Blue Superman/men hurtling through the fabric of spacetime and clean out of existence.

Winner: Comic Book Readers everywhere

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-05-30, 03:28 PM
I don't recall any black kryptonite though. I remember only red kryptonite that made him not-so-good.
IT's been a while since I've seen the picture. I do believe that some flawed synthetic kryptonite was made by mixing tar and green K, and Superman was split in two halves. And I recall critics really took a crap on the movie in their reviews.

I remember that Smallville had black kryptonite, but for the life of me I don't recall Clark fighting himself or anything. I just recall that heating up green kryptonite with his heat vision created the black kryptonite. I also recall some silver kryptonite, but not what happened with it. My memory definitely isn't as good as it used to be.[/quote]
It was in the fourth season premiere, where they introduced Chloe's cousin Lois Lane. Dr. Swann's assistant/lover (played by Margo Kidder, the Lois from the films) brought black K to help snap Clark out of whatever Jor-El had done to him in stasis. Clark split in two (though maybe this was only symbolic)--one half Clark, the other Kal-El--and warred briefly.
In "Onyx", later in the season, Lex was experimenting with green K and lasers, and there was an explosion. He was split into Good Lex and Dark Lex. Dark Lex, who was quite the bastard, wore a green K ring (a reference to the comics), and Clark used heat vision to turn it into black K and reunite the two halves while they were grappling.
Silver kryptonite did have the effect of inducing paranoia. It gave his professor Milton Fine a chance to reveal himself as a Kryptonian and to earn Clark and his parents' trust by purging him of the sliver in his body. It was actually a portion of Fine/Braniac's "skin" wrapped around a piece of ordinary rock. Fine would later betray Clark by trying to fool him into to releasing the mad General Zod from the Phantom Zone.

Ing
2006-05-30, 08:59 PM
please someone do a Smallville Vs ALL REASON AND SANITY.

as if superman wasn't absurd enough now we have a bastardized OC version of it.

GODDAMN TEEN DRAMA. STAY OUT OF MY READING MATERIAL!!!!!

Smallville Clark Vs Superman

Sups looks at Clark and his inability to get a girl or do anything practicly usefull...shakes his head and snaps the boys neck and stuff his body full of green K (thank you local taxidermist!) to put the snot nose out of his missery....Sups then goes on to arrange a double date with Lois and Lana....and no there is no other guy ;)

WINNER: SUPER-PLAYAH!
LOOSER: Rip off man

Lex does a dance of joy....before aquaman comes and kills him with a harpo, exclaiming happily how he's just 'killed the white whale'

Holy_Knight
2006-05-31, 02:59 AM
please someone do a Smallville Vs ALL REASON AND SANITY.

as if superman wasn't absurd enough now we have a bastardized OC version of it.

GODDAMN TEEN DRAMA. STAY OUT OF MY READING MATERIAL!!!!!

Smallville Clark Vs Superman

Sups looks at Clark and his inability to get a girl or do anything practicly usefull...shakes his head and snaps the boys neck and stuff his body full of green K (thank you local taxidermist!) to put the snot nose out of his missery....Sups then goes on to arrange a double date with Lois and Lana....and no there is no other guy ;)

WINNER: SUPER-PLAYAH!
LOOSER: Rip off man

Lex does a dance of joy....before aquaman comes and kills him with a harpo, exclaiming happily how he's just 'killed the white whale'

Actually, I like Smallville. I'm going to go make a thread about it now.

Rex_Hondo
2006-05-31, 05:19 AM
Elseworlds: Kal Superman and Shogun of Steel Superman have a fairly even duel going until Red Son Superman tires of their bickering, knocks them both out and has them both fitted with Brainiac implants.

For the good of the people, of course.

KayJay
2006-05-31, 05:35 AM
Red son Superman was cool... Kryptonite no longer hurt him as he's absorbed enough Solar Radiation to not be weakened by it!

Dawnstrider_Moogle
2006-05-31, 10:22 AM
Red son Superman was cool... Kryptonite no longer hurt him as he's absorbed enough Solar Radiation to not be weakened by it!

Really? I thought the whole point of the ridiculous, ridiculous plot twist in the end was that there was no kryptonite in Red Son because there was no Krypton - to quote that one episode of the Simpsons, "Oh my God, I was wrong! It was Earth all a-long!"

KayJay
2006-05-31, 10:37 AM
Oops wrong series :) I'm thinking of Kingdom Come!

Rex_Hondo
2006-05-31, 10:59 PM
Really? I thought the whole point of the ridiculous, ridiculous plot twist in the end was that there was no kryptonite in Red Son because there was no Krypton - to quote that one episode of the Simpsons, "Oh my God, I was wrong! It was Earth all a-long!"

Yeah, I did kind of have to blow a raspberry at my copy of the book when I read the last few pages. It was doing so well until that point...

dragonseth
2006-05-31, 11:51 PM
Bizarro baby. 8)

Beleriphon
2006-06-01, 02:06 AM
Didn't the silver kryptonite make him go paranoid and hallucinate things? There was definitely an episode where some kind of kryptonite did that.

That would be result of Brainiac (ie. Milton Fine) infecting Clark directly. At the end of the episode the "silver kryptonite" reabsorbs back into Brainiac leaving a plain old rock.

CelestialStick
2006-06-01, 10:22 AM
IT's been a while since I've seen the picture. I do believe that some flawed synthetic kryptonite was made by mixing tar and green K, and Superman was split in two halves. And I recall critics really took a crap on the movie in their reviews.

I remember that Smallville had black kryptonite, but for the life of me I don't recall Clark fighting himself or anything. I just recall that heating up green kryptonite with his heat vision created the black kryptonite. I also recall some silver kryptonite, but not what happened with it. My memory definitely isn't as good as it used to be.It was in the fourth season premiere, where they introduced Chloe's cousin Lois Lane. Dr. Swann's assistant/lover (played by Margo Kidder, the Lois from the films) brought black K to help snap Clark out of whatever Jor-El had done to him in stasis. Clark split in two (though maybe this was only symbolic)--one half Clark, the other Kal-El--and warred briefly.
In "Onyx", later in the season, Lex was experimenting with green K and lasers, and there was an explosion. He was split into Good Lex and Dark Lex. Dark Lex, who was quite the bastard, wore a green K ring (a reference to the comics), and Clark used heat vision to turn it into black K and reunite the two halves while they were grappling.
Silver kryptonite did have the effect of inducing paranoia. It gave his professor Milton Fine a chance to reveal himself as a Kryptonian and to earn Clark and his parents' trust by purging him of the sliver in his body. It was actually a portion of Fine/Braniac's "skin" wrapped around a piece of ordinary rock. Fine would later betray Clark by trying to fool him into to releasing the mad General Zod from the Phantom Zone.
Wow! I do remember bits and pieces of all of that, especially the evil and good Lexes. With my memory going on me, I really need to get Smallville on DVD so I can watch it. Thanks again!

That would be result of Brainiac (ie. Milton Fine) infecting Clark directly. At the end of the episode the "silver kryptonite" reabsorbs back into Brainiac leaving a plain old rock.

How do we know that Fine is Braniac?
Edit: LOL "Braniac." That's what a computer eats when it's running slow. ;)

Ing
2006-06-01, 03:11 PM
now Braniac is what computers eat when they're having trouble "DUMPING" data. it allows them to make a regulard schedualed task of the event...of dumping....data that is

CelestialStick
2006-06-02, 07:08 AM
now Braniac is what computers eat when they're having trouble "DUMPING" data. it allows them to make a regulard schedualed task of the event...of dumping....data that is
Ok. You win. Yours is the better metaphor. :D

Ing
2006-06-02, 11:28 AM
and the winner is!!!!

BRANFLAKES