PDA

View Full Version : pathfinder optimization?

Dragothien
2010-05-17, 10:08 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm on my phone so in advance - please excuse typos.

So here's my situation. My 3.5 groups long running campaign comes to a cllose soon and the dm
Wants a break.that being said.. One of our players is going to dm a cammpaign..but he's going out opf his way to declare it will be pathfinder only and 'the non broken version of drow' only.

this is the sa.e player who only plays over powered classes, bends rules, and oenly admitted he was puposefully trying to break our last campaign so we would switch to. Pathfinder... Which o don't approve of. That said...what are my loprions optimized char wise?

I'm not out to ruin his CA.paigb. But I do want to show him that every system has its flaws and that itsvthe player that makes the difference. I want to challenge him.

So that is my story, I look forward to any advice :)

Note..this player is a friend. I by no .eans hate him..just don't think he's being fair to the dm or the group

Gauntlet
2010-05-17, 10:53 AM
What level are you playing at? I would suspect that you will end up playing either a sorcer, a wizard or a cleric if you want to be heavily optimised- there isn't enough of a feat selection in core PF to match them with a non-caster class, unless there's some particularly powerful ability out there I've forgotten.
Pathfinder is a great system, but I do have one gripe with it- they renamed the Razor Sharp Chair Leg feat they had in the beta : /

Critical
2010-05-17, 11:02 AM
Wizard 20.

[/thread]

Drothmal
2010-05-17, 03:37 PM
I would recommend that you read Trantmonk's guides for pathfinder. He's got wizard and druid on the tier 1 and interesting takes on the ranger, bard and monk, which could also be optimized to prove your point

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/treatmonks-lab

Hope that helps, good luck!

Paul H
2010-05-18, 02:32 PM
Hi

Most of the pure class builds are more powerful than their 3.5 equivilents in some way. Character Traits also help flesh out PC's.

Sorcerors with their new powers are awesome. My Sorceror(Draconic)/Paladin is going Dragon Disciple in Pathfinder Society, (Living PF). Far more powerful than the 3.5 version, yet still a trade off. (Lose some caster levels & BAB, etc. Gain loads other things in their place).

Paladin's Smite lasts until either you or your victim go down. (Or you rest up). It also affects all weapons, and grants a Deflection bonus to AC vs your victim too! Lay on Hands has also changed.

Thanks
Paul H