View Full Version : [3.5] Template project: Savage template [Peach]

zagan
2010-05-17, 10:45 AM
http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/3481/gilabyedsketch.jpg
A Savage Salamander

Savage Template:
The Savage Template can be add to any non-Monstrous Humanoid:
Size and type: Size remain unchanged, type change to Monstrous Humanoid

Hit Dice: All racial Hit dice (including those gain after the application of this template) become d8

Speed: A Savage gain +10ft to his land speed

Base Attack Bonus: Bab change to equal racial Hit dice

Attack: A Savage gain a bite attack, she also become proficient with one exotic weapon chosen at the time this template is gained if need she grow an appendage appropriate for wielding that weapon or become bipedale.

Full attack: A Savage can use is bite attack as a secondary attack during full attack with a -5 penality to it’s attack roll

Damage: The bite attack deal damage appropriate for it’s size (1d6 for medium creature) +1,5 Str mod if it’s the creature only natural weapon and used as primary attack, + Str mod if the creature posses other natural attack and use it as a primary attack + 1/2 Str mod if use as a secondary attack

Special abilities: A Savage retains all the base creature special abilities and gain Furious revenge.

Special qualities: A Savage lose all the trait from it’s previous type but otherwise retains all the base creature special qualities and gain Darvision 60ft.

Base save Bonus: A Savage gain a good Reflex and Will save, Fortitude become poor

Abilities: A Savaged gain +4 Str, +2 Con and -2 Int (to a minimum of 3)

Skills: 2+Int per hit dice (x4 for the first)

Feats: A Savage gain one of the following feat as a bonus feat even if she doesn’t met the prerequisite, chosen at the time this template is gained:
Ability focus, Dodge, Endurance, Great Fortitude, Improve critical, Improve initiative, Improve natural attack, Improve unarmed strike, Iron will, Lighting reflexes, Multiattack, Power attack, Run or Toughness

Challenge Rating: +1

Level adjustement: +1

Furious revenge(Ex): Any time a Savage succed on a saving throw against a charm or compulsion effect she gain +4 bonus on attack and weapon damage roll against the creature that use the charm or compulsion effect for the rest of the encounter

*Note on cosmetic change: Not much change, more muscle motly and more aggressivity.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Template Project (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8492255#post8492255)

Designer note:

For this one I tried to focus on brute Strenght, the stat bonus, weapon use, the exotic proficiency, savage instinct, the bonus feat and a minor rage like effect the furious revenge ability.

For the feat I try to enhance those various aspect.

Reactive Fury [Template]
You gain strength when you resist the control of other
Prerequisite
Savage template, Savage Will, Str 15
Benefit
If you succed on a Will save against a charm or compulsion effect you gain a +4 bonus to Strength for 1 minutes

Raging Insight [Template]
You connexion to the savage world allow you to gain some secret insight when you rage
Prerequisite
Savage template, Wis 13
Benefit
When raging you gain the benefit of one bonus feat chosen from the list of bonus feat grant by your Savage template, you can chose a different feat each time you rage. When the rage end you lose the benefit of the feat
Special
A fighter may select this feat as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Savage bite [Template]
You incite anger in those you bite
Prerequisite
Savage template
Benefit
When you deal damage to a creature with an int score of 3 or more with your bite attack. They must make a Will save with a DC equal to 10 + half your hit dice + your Strength modifier or become enrage at you. On their next round they must do their utmost to attack you with at least one melee or ranged weapon attack (they can’t use spell/power or similar it must be using a weapon of any kind) after making that attack they can use any remaining attack or action at their disposale in any way they see fit
Special

Savage Expertise [Template]
You have learn to wield your favorite weapon in new way
Prerequisite
Savage template, Int 13, Craft(Weaponsmithing) 6 rank
Benefit
When gaining this feat chose one of the following benefit, this benefit only apply when wielding the exotic weapon in which you gain proficiency with your Savage template.
-You can make trip attacks with the weapon. If you are tripped during your own trip attempt, you can drop the weapon to avoid being tripped.
-You can deal non lethal damage without penality with the weapon
-You gain a +2 bonus on opposed attack rolls made to disarm an enemy (including the opposed attack roll to avoid being disarmed if such an attempt fails).
-You gain a +2 bonus on opposed attack rolls made to sunder an enemy weapon
-You can use a ready action to set the weapon against a charge, you deal double damage on a successful hit against a charging character.
-You can use the weapon as a monk weapon
-The weapon is considered to be associated with one martiale discipline of your choice, you must know a least of maneuver of the chosen discipline to gain this benefit
-You can use the Weapon finesse feat with the weapon
-You can use the weapon in one hand without penality, the weapon must be two-handed to gain this benefit
Special
Special
You can gain this feat multiple time each time chosing a different benefit

One more feat by sidhe3141

Way of Fury [Template]
Prerequisites: Savage template, furious revenge ability.
Benefit: You lose your furious revenge ability. In exchange, once per day you may rage as a barbarian with a level equal to half your HD. During this rage, you are treated as though you were using your furious revenge ability for purposes of any effects based on it.
Special

Volthawk
2010-05-17, 02:24 PM
This+Feral would be funny.

zagan
2010-05-17, 02:54 PM
This+Feral would be funny.

Yeah, probably.

Volthawk
2010-05-17, 03:11 PM
Yeah, probably.

Maybe Lost too. And Half-Golem.

zagan
2010-05-17, 03:19 PM
Maybe Lost too. And Half-Golem.

i don't recognize Lost where it's from and what does it do ?

Volthawk
2010-05-17, 03:22 PM
i don't recognize Lost where it's from and what does it do ?

It's from Magic of Incarnum. I guessed you have it since you mentioned soulmelds earlier. It's basically someone who's been tainted by negative incarnum. Depending on the emotion, they get special abilities. -6 Int, too.

zagan
2010-05-17, 03:31 PM
It's from Magic of Incarnum. I guessed you have it since you mentioned soulmelds earlier. It's basically someone who's been tainted by negative incarnum. Depending on the emotion, they get special abilities. -6 Int, too.

Yeah it's one of my favorite book, but I admit I didn't pay much attention to the monster section.

*Take a quick look*

Ah yes I see, but unless the base creature as high int you will barely have an animal with the three template.

Volthawk
2010-05-17, 03:31 PM
Yeah it's one of my favorite book, but I admit I didn't pay much attention to the monster section.

*Take a quick look*

Ah yes I see, but unless the base creature as high int you will barely have an animal with the three template.

Ah, but then you Voidmind it.

zagan
2010-05-17, 03:40 PM
Ah, but then you Voidmind it.

Very devious. I like it.

radmelon
2010-05-17, 09:14 PM
With the INT penalty, If you add this to an animal, it has INT 0. i. e., unconcious permanently. You may want to add min. 3 INT.

Volthawk
2010-05-18, 12:56 AM
With the INT penalty, If you add this to an animal, it has INT 0. i. e., unconcious permanently. You may want to add min. 3 INT.

:smallconfused: It does have a minimum.

zagan
2010-05-18, 06:10 AM

As Voidhawk said i did specify that it couln't go below 3

radmelon
2010-05-18, 08:56 AM

Iswer it didn't when I looked. I need more sleep. <headdesk> sorry for taking your time.

zagan
2010-05-18, 09:30 AM
Iswer it didn't when I looked. I need more sleep. <headdesk> sorry for taking your time.

Don't worry about it it's nice to know that people cared.

sidhe3141
2010-06-15, 07:01 PM
Way of Fury [Template] [Fighter]
Benefit: You lose your furious revenge ability. In exchange, once per day you may rage as a barbarian with a level equal to half your HD. During this rage, you are treated as though you were using your furious revenge ability for purposes of any effects based on it.
Special: A fighter may select this as one of his bonus feats.

zagan
2010-06-16, 08:58 AM
Way of Fury [Template] [Fighter]
Special: A fighter may select this as one of his bonus feats.

Very nice I like this one.

radmelon
2010-06-16, 09:06 AM
For the cosmetic changes, you may want to add that they become humanoid in form if not already.

zagan
2010-06-16, 09:16 AM
For the cosmetic changes, you may want to add that they become humanoid in form if not already.

Just enough to wield one weapon but i'll add it.