PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Template project: Exiled template [Peach]

zagan
2010-05-17, 10:52 AM
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7661/moongoddessbyblackeri.jpg
An Exiled human

Exiled Template:
The Exiled Template can be add to any non-Outsider:
Size and type: Size remain unchanged, type change to Outsider with the Native subtype

Hit Dice: All racial Hit dice (including those gain after the application of this template) become d8

Speed: Unchanged

Armor class: Unchanged

Base Attack Bonus: Bab change to equal racial Hit dice

Attack: Contrary to most Outsider Exiled are only proficient with simple weapon not martial one.

Full attack: Unchanged

Damage: Unchanged

Special abilities: An Exiled retains all the base creature special abilities and gain Dimension door and Summon Outsider.

Special qualities: An Exiled lose all the trait from it’s previous type but otherwise retains all the base creature special qualities and gain Darvision 60ft and Lesser Telepathy

Base save Bonus: An Exiled has all good save

Abilities: Unchanged

Skills: 8+Int per hit dice (x4 for the first)

Feats: Unchanged

Challenge Rating: +1

Alignement: Same as base creature.

Level adjustement: +1

Dimension door(Sp): An Exiled can use Dimension door as the spell (self plus 50 pound of object only) but with a range equal to 10 feet per Hit dice, as a standard action at will with a caster level equal to her Hit dice.

Summon Outsider(Sp): An Exiled can use Summon monster as the spell depending on her hit dice as indicated on the table:
{table=head]Hit dice|Spell level
1-3|1st
4-5|2nd
6-7|3rd
8-9|4th
10-11|5th
12-13|6th
14-15|7th
16-17|8th
18-more|9th
[/table]
She can use this ability three time per day as a one round action (the creature appear at the start of her next turn), she can only summon creature that share her alignement or are true neutral and she can only summon one creature at a time. She can always chose to use a lower level version of the spell if she so wish. Her caster level his equal to her hit dice.

Lesser Telepathy(Su): As a move action an Exiled can began communicating telepathically with any creature within 10ft per hit dice with a language, she can use it for 1 minute before it end. She must wait 1 minute before being able to use it again.

*Note on cosmetic change: No change at all. The creature just give the impression to not be in phase with the world around them.
---------------------------------------------------------------

The Template Project (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8492255#post8492255)

Designer note:

For this one I mostly copied ability from fiend and angel and for the feat I expend on that.
I had a lot of trouble with the name Otherwordly seem too long and kind of bland. I chose exiled to represent creature from elsewhere, any better idea ?

Teleport [Template]
You can use your natural ability to teleport anywhere you want
Prerequisite
Exiled template, Knowledge (the plane) 7 rank, Character level 9
Benefit
Once per day you can use Teleport as a spell-like ability, for the next 24 hour you lose the ability to use your Dimension door spell-like ability.

Relocation [Template]
You can use your power to teleport other even if they don’t want to do so
Prerequisite
Exiled template, Knowledge (arcana) 4 rank
Benefit
As a standard action you can make a touch attack against one creature and teleport it up to 30ft away in an unocupied space within line of sight. The creature can make a Will save (DC 10 + half your hit dice + your int modifier) to resist the effect

Multiple Summon [Template]
You are so adept at summoning that you can summon multiple creature at the same time
Prerequisite
Exiled template, Int 13
Benefit
When using your Summon Outsider spell-like ability you can chose to summon multiple weaker creature instead of one. You can summon 1d3 creature of one level below your max or 1d4+1 creature of two level or more below your max. For example an Exiled with 10 HD could summon 1 medium elemental (from the summon monster 5 list) or 1d3 Mephit (from the summon monster 4 list) or 1d4+1 small elemental (from the summon monster 3 list)

Diverse Summoning [Template]
You are more flexible than other when summoning creture to help you
Prerequisite
Exiled template, Lawful neutral, True neutral or Chaotic neutral alignement
Benefit
When using your Summon Outsider spell-like ability you can chose to summon creature of any alignement. As normal summoning too often creature of a certain alignement can influence your own.

True Telepathy [Template]
Your mind is strong enough to constly communicate mentally with other
Prerequisite
Exiled template, Cha 13
Benefit
You lose your Lesser Telepathy ability and gain instead Telepathy as follow:
You can communicate telepathically with any other creature within 100 feet that has a language. It is possible to address multiple creatures at once telepathically, although maintaining a telepathic conversation with more than one creature at a time is just as difficult as simultaneously speaking and listening to multiple people at the same time.

Two more feat by sidhe3141

Exiled Paragon [Template] [Exalted]
Prerequisites: Exiled template, Good alignment.
Benefit: You gain the [Good] subtype. If you are lawful or chaotic, you gain the [Lawful] or [Chaotic] subtypes, as appropriate. You gain the following special attack:
Smite Evil (Su): Once per day, you may add your HD to the damage dealt by a single attack against an evil creature, to a maximum of +20.

Fiendish Exile [Template] [Vile]
Prerequisites: Exiled template, Evil alignment.
Benefit: You gain the [Evil] subtype. If you are lawful or chaotic, you gain the [Lawful] or [Chaotic] subtype, as appropriate. You gain the following special attack:
Smite Good (Su): Once per day, you may add your HD to the damage dealt by a single attack against an good creature, to a maximum of +20.

The Anarresti
2010-05-17, 02:33 PM
It seems a bit overpowered for LA +1. Dimension Door at will?

zagan
2010-05-17, 02:51 PM
It seems a bit overpowered for LA +1. Dimension Door at will?

You can already do it with one feat: Shape soulmeld (Blinkshirt) so no I don't think it's overpowered.

sidhe3141
2010-06-15, 07:16 PM
Benefit: You gain the [Good] subtype. If you are lawful or chaotic, you gain the [Lawful] or [Chaotic] subtypes, as appropriate. You gain the following special attack:
Smite Evil (Su): Once per day, you may add your HD to the damage dealt by a single attack against an evil creature, to a maximum of +20.

Benefit: You gain the [Evil] subtype. If you are lawful or chaotic, you gain the [Lawful] or [Chaotic] subtype, as appropriate. You gain the following special attack:
Smite Good (Su): Once per day, you may add your HD to the damage dealt by a single attack against an good creature, to a maximum of +20.

Hyooz
2010-06-15, 08:41 PM
Racial dimension door at will, while maybe arguably overpowered, combined with full BAB, telepathy, d8 hit die, summon monster at will, 8 + int skills, and outsider type JUST MIGHT be overpowered for +1 LA.

Stompy
2010-06-15, 08:48 PM
You can already do it with one feat: Shape soulmeld (Blinkshirt) so no I don't think it's overpowered.

Dear sir, the blink shirt has a MUCH lower range than dimension door.

Eurus
2010-06-15, 09:02 PM
Outsider type is considered a pretty big deal on its own, so yeah, I'd say that getting it plus a very nice perk like Dim. Door is a wee bit much.

Morph Bark
2010-06-16, 04:53 AM
Any fluff to go with the crunch?

zagan
2010-06-16, 09:08 AM

Both are nice, their might be a way to abuse these subtype but i can't think of any at the moment.

Racial dimension door at will, while maybe arguably overpowered, combined with full BAB, telepathy, d8 hit die, summon monster at will, 8 + int skills, and outsider type JUST MIGHT be overpowered for +1 LA.

Full bab, hit dice, skill point and save only affect racial hit dice so it doesn't matter for player (well in my campaign at least)
Summon monster is only three time per day, the thelepathy is pretty limited and while yes dim door is still pretty strong it's a standard action so you can't do anything else that round except flee.

Dear sir, the blink shirt has a MUCH lower range than dimension door.

Yeah, i give you that point.

Outsider type is considered a pretty big deal on its own, so yeah, I'd say that getting it plus a very nice perk like Dim. Door is a wee bit much.

Perhaps, i'm currently playtesting so we will see how it goes.

Any fluff to go with the crunch?

A little but it's link with the plot in my campaign so I won't revel it and I create this template to be mostly mechanical. A way for player to play as any type of creature.