PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Gray Glen (D&D 3.5 IC)

SlaadLord
2010-05-17, 10:57 AM
933 OCR, Nineteenth of the Tenth Month

The call went out last week. The High Merdon Shipping Company sent out word that they were looking for a group of adventurers to investigate a missing caravan and recover the cargo, and your adventuring crew has answered. Now you have to get the cargo back, whatever the cost.

You and your group have assembled in the Shipping Company's outpost in the town of Willowside on the River Lotan in the country of Merdon. The shipping inspector who sent out the call, Mark Sren, stands before you. He is a middle-aged man, with graying hair and a well-fed exterior. "I am glad to hear you will all take the job. Er...let's have introductions, shall we? I am Mark Anthony Sren, local inspector of the High Merdon Shipping Company. Basically, I make sure everything gets where it's supposed to be going. And you are?"

esorscher
2010-05-17, 11:23 AM
"Marissa Marine," the red-haired, vivacious songstress says. Her voice is sweet, but with a twangy accent. "I guess you could say I sing and sling." she gestures to the leather band and pouch of stones at her hip. "But I also have a way with people."

AngelOmnipotent
2010-05-17, 11:42 AM
Standing alongside you, just tall enough to be able to look up without straining his neck too much, a dark-red skinned Kobold chitters with a boyish glee. However the spear and shield strapped to his back and his fierce-yet-friendly companion by his side says that even with such a childish demeanour he knows how to handle himself.

"Just call me Eechik." The Kobold says with an excited smile, his eyes lighting up with the thought of adventure. "And Eechik's dog is called Varik. Varik is very well trained so don't mind him. Eechik spread the word of everything nature around him although not too many people like Kobolds so Eechik is glad you let him stay."

zakkain
2010-05-17, 11:51 AM
Imran Cale

"Imran Cale, freelance investigator at your service," the distinguished-looking man said as he tipped into a shallow bow. "Your property will be returned and the culprits brought to justice, sir, I guarantee it."

Overkill
2010-05-17, 12:58 PM
A tall dwarf, well, as tall as a dwarf can be, stocky and as muscular as two farmhands approached the group. The dwarf had clean pressed explorer's garb of green shirt shirt, black pants, and brown cloack and cap.

"My name is Droggo, and I am a merchant as well as an adventurer. I am a smith in this town and any threat to trade routes is a threat to my livelihood as well as life. I would be happy to assist you in recovering your goods and showing that routes are not to be trifled with."

The large scabbarded greatsword and ranseur showed that he meant business. His voice was confident that he would get the position.

A group of three such people would surely be in need of a stout bodyguard.
He made a mental note to befriend the skald, and keep his eye out for the Kobold.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-05-17, 01:38 PM
Eechik liked the sound of these people and smiled, climbing on Varik's back and making himself comfortable.
"Eechik is pleased to meet you all." He continues to smile, itching to get moving. "Eechik may not be too experienced with fighting, but Eechik is second-to-none when it comes to finding people. Any idea who stole the stuff, Mister Inspector Sren Sir?"

Sarom
2010-05-17, 07:08 PM
Standing in the shadows, a figure shifts from left to right on his feet, with his silver hair covering one blue eye. The figure is short in stature compared to average people. Thin as he is, but nimbel and agile, the man looks at his future companions in this quest. Content with what he sees, he steps out of his hiding place.

"And I am Trevelard. An elven rogue, ready to do this quest if I find the reward to my satisfaction. To continue this we would require information that would aid us on our journey".

He nods to the everyone else then stands a bit back from the rest, still wary of anyone he doesn't know yet.

Trevelard carries a longsword strapped to his waist and a bow on his back. No doubt just from looking at Trevelard, one can tell that although he seems weak, he would be a formidable opponent.

Btw my time is GST +10 so I my posting times will be different to yours. Please bear with it. I can post 10 times per day.

Overkill
2010-05-17, 07:36 PM
Hmm, an Elvish rogue. Droggo remembered his instructions, and politely introduced himself to Trevelard in Elvish.

"Hello Trevelard, its good to have you aboard. I am sure we will get instructions on the terms and where to start looking shortly."

SlaadLord
2010-05-17, 07:37 PM
"No idea who, but we might know where." he pulls out a map and lays it out on his desk in front of you. He points out towns and roads as he talks. "The caravan follows this road out of Willowside on the Lotan River toward the mountains. Makes a stop at Seamill before heading into this mountain range here. We got word it made it to Seamill, but nothing from our usual stop in the mountains, a small town called Gray Glen. I think that would be the place to start." He stops to rub his eyes. "There were twelve men in those wagons. Some of them were good friends of mine. I would be grateful if you found them."

esorscher
2010-05-17, 07:44 PM
Marissa smiles at each in turn as they introduce themselves, a friendly but appraising look. At Sren's concern, she says: "If they live, we'll bring them back. Let's keep ours eye open, particularly on the road from Seamill to Gray Glen. If that's where the caravan went missing, we might fall prey to the same trap. If they were taken captive, perhaps allowing ourselves to be taken might be the quickest way to find them."

She doesn't mention the alternative to capture.

OOC: OOC Thread? Also, Overkill, don't Barbarians have a +1 BAB at first level?

Sarom
2010-05-17, 08:12 PM
Trevelard nods to Droggo and introduces himself in elvish.
"Glad to meet another intelligent being, one who is fluent in the elvish language. I am trevelard."

Ruffling his hair a bit, he strides over to inspect the map. Trevelard looks at that the map with interest. He looks to Mark Anthony.
"This is a very nice map, do you have a copy that we can take with use in the journey or at the very least, can I draw a copy of it?"

Turning to the rest of the party, Trevelard states.
"Lets us move towards this small town. The longer we tarry, the further our quarry is."

SlaadLord
2010-05-18, 01:10 AM
"Yes, er...Travelard, is it? You can take this one."

Sarom
2010-05-18, 02:18 AM
"Yes, er...Travelard, is it? You can take this one."

"Not quite, It's Trevelard, at least that's what I am called in your kind's tongue, Mark. Thank you. This map will become most useful in our journey."

Trevelard carefully rolls the map and slides it into his backpack.
He checks his sword and bow then he runs his hand over his back, reassured by the dagger hidden beneath his clothing.

He stretches his back, impatient to be on the move again.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-05-18, 07:09 AM
The small Kobold shifts a little uncomfortably at the situation, but then gets the courage to speak out loud. It's been a while since he's been around so many tall people.
"Eechik not one to make assumptions, but Eechik no think that walking there is good. Is there any cart we can use ourselves, or maybe Eechik can be strapped to the back of a horse because they're a bit big..."

Overkill
2010-05-18, 07:32 AM
"I don't have the money for a horse. Its all tied up into the smith and in equipment. Beggars can't ride."

This was said in only the way that a Dwarf admitting he had no gold could say it.

esorscher
2010-05-18, 07:33 AM
"I've no coin for a mount, either. The good lord gave us two feet for a reason, didn't he? And it isn't just so we'll have a spare case we lose one."

Sarom
2010-05-18, 07:49 AM
"Unfortunately, purchasing a mount is beyond what I can afford in my current financial situation. If there is danger, I shall be ready for it."

Overkill
2010-05-18, 08:01 AM
"Well, it appears we did not take the job just for a spot of fun! We'll ride horses back."

AngelOmnipotent
2010-05-18, 08:04 AM
Shaking his head, Eechik sighs, muttering to himself in draconic

And people daresay that Kobolds are the lesser race with regards to intelligence...
"Upfront payment, yipp yipp!" Eechik waves his arms around trying to emphasise the face. "We're not just some random adventurers. Eechik is a proud member of the guild and stands by Eechik's word. Asking for horse as pre-payment shouldn't be too much trouble."

zakkain
2010-05-18, 08:08 AM
Imran Cale

"I agree, partial payment up front is not uncommon in this line of work. And horses would get us to Gray Glen far faster."

esorscher
2010-05-18, 08:25 AM
"A compelling argument," Marissa says to Sren. "The faster we get to Gray Glen, the faster we find your friends."

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Overkill
2010-05-18, 08:29 AM
"When the horses get killed, as they always do, at least we will have something better than trail rations to eat."

AngelOmnipotent
2010-05-18, 08:48 AM
"Eechik is glad to know there is so much optimism in the party..." His face falters, giving a blank stare to Droggo. "Either that or short dwarf is scared of heights." Strolling off before he gets chance to hear a reply, Eechik heads towards the stables with a swift nod to the rest of the group and Sren.

SlaadLord
2010-05-18, 10:21 AM
"Ah. Well, I can pay you half ahead of time but since this is a simple job it probably won't cover buying horses for all of you." He pauses and looks thoughtful. "Although the stable down the street does rent them out for a reasonable price per week." He hands you a bag. "There's 250gp. That's half. You'll get the other half when you find that caravan. Actually, it's not so much about the caravans as the people and the cargo. Twelve crates with our stamp on it. They have to be returned to any one of our posts unopened. Good luck."

esorscher
2010-05-18, 10:39 AM
"Let's go, then. I'll do the talking." the bard says. "That's what I'm here for."

At the stables, she asks after the rate. "We just need the horses for a week," she says. "A simple trip down to Seamill. Shouldn't be any trouble."

If necessary:
Bluff: [roll0]
Diplomacy: [roll1]

SlaadLord
2010-05-18, 10:50 AM
The stable owner, a hardy-looking young man with a thick crop of strawlike hair, looks at you appraisingly and smiles. "Four horses' rent for a week will be 40 gold, lil' lady. Say, my name's Seymour. Are you gonna be in town long?"

Overkill
2010-05-18, 11:11 AM
"I hate to break your heart, Seymour, but we're leaving today. We'll be back shortly, though."

Huh, Human females, thought Droggo. Too tall, and they don't even have beards!

esorscher
2010-05-18, 02:38 PM
"40 gold? That's a little steep," Marissa says, batting her eyes at Seymour the stabler. "As my friend here has said, we're leaving as soon as we can get the horses. As we're in a bit of a rush, I'll be upfront with you, Seymour." She leans forward. "If you can cut that price in half, you can take me to dinner when I get back."

SlaadLord
2010-05-18, 03:00 PM
He scowls briefly, but his expression softens. "I guess I can drop it to thirty, but that's as far as I can go. My boss is liable to take it out of my hide, but I'll get by."

esorscher
2010-05-18, 03:02 PM
"Then it'll be lunch." Marissa smiles, joking. "We'll take it. Where are the horses?"

SlaadLord
2010-05-18, 03:39 PM
Seymour points past the desk at which he sits. Ten stalls, most of them occupied, fill the building behind him. "Take your pick and I'll see you when you get back."

Overkill
2010-05-18, 04:31 PM
Droggo picked R.J., a huge black horse, by far the largest they had. With weapons, armor, and adventuring gear he was damn near 15 stone. Okay, 15 stone. Okay, okay, a little over.

This didn't seem like an exploring horse, more like a plowhorse. Oh well. More to eat when it gets hamstrung in a Bugbear ambush.

Damned Bugbears, never lived an honest day in their lives.

Sarom
2010-05-18, 06:08 PM
Trevelard looks carefully at the variety of horses available. He studies each one in dismay before bringing out a mare, fast and nible looking, from the stables. He frown's at Eechik.

"Are you sure we should travel to our destination, on mounts? If the culprit is there, he would definitely hear us. We'll be a raging storm instead of a silent leaf."

Turning to the stablesboy, he asks, "What name is this mare called by?"

esorscher
2010-05-18, 06:11 PM
Marissa's pick was a sturdy looking brown horse, neither particularly lean nor particularly thick. Entirely average. To her, a horse is a horse.

"I have a feeling, Trevelard, that whatever attacked the caravan is wont to attack us as well, regardless of how we are traveling."

zakkain
2010-05-18, 10:10 PM
Imran picked a steadfast-looking grey mare, and nodded at Marissa's comment. I believe you're right - likely to be highwaymen on the road as much as anything.

SlaadLord
2010-05-18, 10:25 PM
Seymour glances back and says to Trevelard, "Oh, that's Winona. She's a good, reliable horse, sir. She'll take care of you."

Sarom
2010-05-19, 01:27 AM
Trevelard nods in reply, happy to hear those words. He attempts to mount Winona but fails to do so and lands on his back. Winona turns her head at Trevelard in response, giving what seems to be a quizzical look.

Mumbling inaudible words; Trevelard stands up and attempts to mount Winona again. He succeeds but sits uneasily in the saddle. Carefully reaching over to his backpack, he takes out the map.
In a weak and afraid voice Trevelard replies;
"I hope you're right Marissa."

AngelOmnipotent
2010-05-19, 07:14 AM
"Besides," Eechik huffs as he ropes a very p*ssed off grumpy dog to the back of the horse to make sure he is able to keep up, "if we don't get there quick enough they may have moved on or killed captives. Eechik know that full day horse travel takes several days on foot and camping leaves open to attack too. Best to be attacked when we have advantage of speed and mount."

SlaadLord
2010-05-19, 01:59 PM
"Everyone have their horse?" Seymour asks, checking your saddles. "Enjoy your trip to Seamill, folks!"

AngelOmnipotent
2010-05-19, 07:50 PM
Before heading off to Seamill, Eechik will look around town to try and find specific items for the journey. It's never a bad idea to be prepared, he thinks to himself, waiting for Varik to calm down on the back of the horse.

SlaadLord
2010-05-19, 11:31 PM
You find the items of your search with relative ease, Willowside being a fairly large trade town.

SlaadLord
2010-05-20, 08:16 AM
So you all leave Willowside, taking the north road along the River Lotan for a day or so before the road swerves toward the coast and the sea cliffs upon which Seamill is built. Three days of riding after you leave Willowside, you arrive in the small but robust port town of Seamill. The cobblestone main street is lined with shops and businesses, a large stone church of St. Cuthbert, and the Sheriff's office before abruptly ending at the cliffs. People appear over the edge every s often, so it quickly becomes apparent that there is a flight of stairs leading down the cliffs, toward the docks.

Where would you like to go?

Sarom
2010-05-20, 08:22 AM
Trevelard scratches his head with his right hand, only to quickly grasp the saddle as he almost topples over. Some small town this is. He thinks to himself as he regains his balance.
"I believe we should go to the Sheriff first and ask him or her about the incident. We can then ask the locals later to observe what occurred from their point of view."

esorscher
2010-05-20, 11:34 AM
Marissa nods her agreement at Trevelard's plan.

zakkain
2010-05-20, 11:43 AM
Imran agrees with Trevelard's course of action.

"Yes, I believe we should get the official story first, before we do any of our own investigating."

AngelOmnipotent
2010-05-20, 11:44 AM
"Eechik agrees, but will stay in the back. Not many like Kobolds." If it was possible for a Kobold to blush, he would be right now.

SlaadLord
2010-05-20, 11:52 AM
The sheriff's office is a simple stone and wood building that looks to house a small prison as well as the office of the Seamill Watch. The sheriff, a slim, sun-wrinkled man of middling height. His steel-grey hair and mustache lend an air of seriousness to his blocky visage, and his deep green eyes regard you all analytically. "I am Sheriff Gordon Harris. What can I do for you folks?"

esorscher
2010-05-20, 11:58 AM
"We're looking for information about a caravan that went missing on the road to Gray Glen. They checked in here, but never made it to their destination."

SlaadLord
2010-05-20, 12:13 PM
"I know the caravan. The Shipping Company down by the docks will be able to tell you when it was here, but it did stop here to get some supplies and rest for the night. Aside from that, I don't know of anything to tell you."

esorscher
2010-05-20, 12:17 PM
"What about the road between here and Gray Glen? Have there been reports of any activity on it? Criminal or otherwise?"

SlaadLord
2010-05-20, 12:41 PM
"Actually, as far as I know, no highway brigands have been working on the roads around here. It's irregular, but we're not questioning our good fortune."

esorscher
2010-05-20, 12:51 PM
"Hmm. Bizarre. Thank you for your help, Sheriff. We may return with further questions." Marissa turns to the rest of the party. "Let's head to the Shipping Company, they may know more. And we can ask around on the docks, see if we can find any leads." She leaves the sheriff's office and heads for the docks, seeking out the Shipping Company the sheriff mentioned.

SlaadLord
2010-05-20, 01:01 PM
The main street leads to a dead end at the cliffs, but as you draw close to the edge, you can see that there is a great flight of stone stairs leading down to a wooden pier. Several small wooden inns, taverns and stalls dot the pier, but the largest building is an island in its own right; the Seamill Shipping Company is built on a foundation of stone that rises straight out of the water, with a small bridge connecting it to the docks.

Sarom
2010-05-20, 04:45 PM
"Actually, as far as I know, no highway brigands have been working on the roads around here. It's irregular, but we're not questioning our good fortune."

Concernced by these lasts words, Trevelard studies the Officer before joining up with Marissa at the docks.

Sense Motive: [roll0]
Need to know if he's lying or pretending to hide something.

SlaadLord
2010-05-20, 07:41 PM
Sarom:
He's being completely honest with you.

Sarom
2010-05-21, 07:22 AM
The main street leads to a dead end at the cliffs, but as you draw close to the edge, you can see that there is a great flight of stone stairs leading down to a wooden pier. Several small wooden inns, taverns and stalls dot the pier, but the largest building is an island in its own right; the Seamill Shipping Company is built on a foundation of stone that rises straight out of the water, with a small bridge connecting it to the docks.

"Well, I'll try to find some information by overhearing some gossip from the locals. I'll come back here when my mission is completed."

Trevelard then rides to the nearest inn, dismounts and places Winona in the Inn's stables. He takes off the saddle and finds a nearby bucket, that happens to be in the stall. He pours water in it and allows Winona to drink.

With his responsibilities finished, he opens the door to the inn and strides inside to find a table. Stretching his back as he sits at a table, Trevalard closes his eyes and listens for gossip on anything of interest.

Listen Check: [roll0]

SlaadLord
2010-05-21, 08:47 AM
You enter a tavern called the Leaky Hull Inn and tavern. The Leaky Hull is, despite its name, a well-kept tavern, with worn wooden furniture, a polished stone bar, and walls covered with the mounted heads of especially large fish and sharks. Two customers with the burly bodies and sea-tanned skin of sailors share a table. A man sits alone at the bar. Only a single bartender and serving girl staff the tavern.

Sarom:
Conversation seems to be mainly concerned with a series of murders that have been occurring within the past few weeks or so and mainly with the posse of adventurers the sheriff put together to take them down. From what you gather, they were successful.

esorscher
2010-05-21, 02:13 PM
While Trevelard looks into the tavern, Marissa heads for the Shipping Company. Once there, she inquires after the missing caravan.

SlaadLord
2010-05-21, 03:10 PM
The man at the desk looks up at you, then shuffles through some of the clutter on his desk to find a particular sheet of parchment. "It seems the caravan you are looking for was in town two weeks ago to the day. It was bearing twelve crates and twelve people...I assume this is the one to which you are referring? It was scheduled to make a stop at Gray Glen, but the messenger they sent us says they haven't seen it."

esorscher
2010-05-21, 03:50 PM
Marissa nods. "I see. And what sort of cargo were they carrying?"

SlaadLord
2010-05-21, 04:50 PM
He looks at you icily. "I didn't ask. There were twelve crates stamped with the High Merdon Trading Company's insignia, and I trust them not to ship contraband through our town."

esorscher
2010-05-21, 04:53 PM
"Hmm." Marissa taps the end of her chin thoughtfully. "How long did they stay?"

SlaadLord
2010-05-21, 04:57 PM
"They spent the night, then shipped out for Gray Glen the next morning." he says, checking another sheet of parchment. "It says right here: High Merdon Shipping Company caravan, arrived 5th of the Tenth Month, departed 6th of the Tenth Month."

esorscher
2010-05-21, 05:00 PM
Marissa takes a look at the parchment, confirming. "Thanks for your help. It looks like you're busy. Have there been a lot of traders coming through?"

SlaadLord
2010-05-21, 05:03 PM
He smiles at you. "Always. We get business from all over, although the High Merdon Shipping Company is our main partner. Glad I could help.

esorscher
2010-05-21, 05:05 PM
Marissa departs and joins Trevelard at the tavern, finding little to help in their search.

zakkain
2010-05-21, 07:45 PM
At the tavern, Imran orders a beer and inquires about rumors about highwaymen with the regulars.

Gather Information +6

Sarom
2010-05-21, 08:40 PM
Trevelard stands from his seat and walks to the lone man. Ordering two drinks and sitting next to the man, he asks:
"Here you go lad, drink's on me. You don't seem like a local sailor in this town. Heard of the Caravan incident lately? I heard valuable goods were stolen and twelve men killed. A terrible loss for the trading companies. What have you heard of them?"

Gather information: [roll0]

SlaadLord
2010-05-21, 11:09 PM
He looks at you. "I dunno what's going on. What caravan are you even talking about?"

He does not seem to know anything, and in fact none of the people in the tavern, including the bartender know any more than the fact that the caravan never made it to Gray Glen.

The bartender pipes up, "Well, Gray Glen is in the mountains...maybe goblins or the like got to it?"

Sarom
2010-05-22, 12:09 AM
Taking a deep sigh, Trevelard leaves 2gp on the bar and walks out of the Inn. He looks at the sky to see how long they have till dark.

SlaadLord
2010-05-22, 12:30 AM
You have maybe six hours till dark.

Sarom
2010-05-22, 01:35 AM
Noting the position of the sun, Trevelard walks back in; ready to voice his opinion. Once inside he talks to his companions:
"We have about six hours till dark. We can relax untill tomorrow or we can set off again. I propose that we take the route to Gray Glen. Most likely the people, person or monster that attacked the caravan will be along that route."

esorscher
2010-05-22, 09:11 AM
"Agreed. It doesn't seem like the townsfolk know much."

zakkain
2010-05-22, 05:07 PM
"I suppose then it is up to us to investigate ourselves. Shall we wait for first light, or venture in the dark?"

Sarom
2010-05-22, 06:40 PM
"Travelling in the dark may not be the best idea, for we'll be vulnerable as our sight is not as good as it is in broad daylight. So we should wait for dawn; but who knows how far our quarry can escape us, in the fourteen hours till dawn.

Thus I'll leave the decision to all of you. I cannot decide on this one."

esorscher
2010-05-23, 12:19 PM
"Let's get going, now, and camp along the roadside. Perhaps we might draw the attention of whatever took the caravan. Of course, we'll have to sleep lightly, and keep a good watch."

AngelOmnipotent
2010-05-23, 05:06 PM
"Eechik can make sure dinner is sorted and camp is safe, then take first watch."

The Kobold had been quiet until now, sending Varik out to hunt some rabbits or something similar, then working on setting up a safe, discreet campsite for the night.

"Eechik never like travelling in the dark, even if he can see far ahead with no light. It's too cold and the animals that come out at night don't tend to be so friendly."

SlaadLord
2010-05-23, 05:29 PM
So you all ride along the road toward Gray Glen for a few hours, then stop to pitch camp. The night is quiet and a little cold, it being the Tenth Month and the winter on its way. Dinner and the first watch pass uneventfully. Who takes second watch?

Sarom
2010-05-23, 06:02 PM
Trevelard blinks, from being woken up from his sleep, and takes the second watch. He climbs up a tree (a bush if not a tree) and hides in it. He takes out his longbow, and watches for enemy presence.

I guess I make several checks for this XD.
Climb: Taking 10+2=12
Hide: Taking 10+7=17
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

SlaadLord
2010-05-23, 06:12 PM
Sarom takes watch:
You and the rest of the party are more or less alone on the road. You don't see or hear anyone or anything approaching.

SlaadLord
2010-05-24, 12:48 PM
The night passes uneventfully. The morning comes, bringing with it a light fog and more than a little chill. The sun rolls up over the horizon and birds begin to chirp.

Sarom
2010-05-24, 07:00 PM
Trevelard, seeing the sun, climbs down and wakes the rest from his slumber. After doing, he eats a ration and prepares to leave. Nothing so far, but time will tell he thinks to himself.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-05-25, 09:42 AM
Eechik packs up his bedroll and blanket, sharing his ration between himself and Varik. While he's used to a lot more chit-chat whilst on the road, he feels rather calmed by the silence, and takes preference.
"Eechik ready to go, yipp yipp!"

esorscher
2010-05-25, 09:45 AM
Marissa rolls up her bedroll, humming a pleasant tune. "Hmm... So shall we keep going?"

SlaadLord
2010-05-25, 05:02 PM
Your journey continues uneventfully. Forest and field pass by as you ride. In about two days, you enter the mountains. Your map reveals that further down the road, the small mining town of Gray Glen awaits.

High stone slopes rise up around you as you enter the mountain road, and the air grows a bit colder in the shadows of the mountains around you. A few rocks clatter to the ground on a slope to your left.

Make spot checks.

Sarom
2010-05-25, 05:52 PM
Aware of the disturbed rocks, Trevelard looks in the direction looking for the enemy whilst drawing his bow and nocking an arrow.

Spot: [roll0]

SlaadLord
2010-05-27, 09:31 AM
You all manage to see them before they get the drop on you. There are four of them, shaped like people but just...so...wrong. They have pale white skin that looks like it's never seen the light of day, and move in that odd boneless way people associate with snakes, but most distracting is the lack of a face. Instead above their shoulders writhes a nest of tentacles and feathery tendrils like that of a tube worm. They run down the slope towards you, empty fists bared.

(Roll Initiative)

esorscher
2010-05-27, 10:58 AM
"What manner of creature is this?" Marissa says, shocked and appalled. She readies her sling and voice for combat.

Initiative: [roll0]

Sarom
2010-05-27, 06:04 PM
"Any who comes between me and my quarry, dies! Let's make this quick."

Initiative [roll0]