PDA

View Full Version : [3.5 Base Class] Ritual Priest

Vourge
2010-05-18, 01:21 AM
Okay, so I posted this class a while back, just wanted to see if I could get any new feedback.

Just to get one thing out of the way, Mystic Reach only works with Ritual Priest spells, so it doesn't work for Multi-classing. Just wanted to get that out there because I got a ton of replies based on that last time.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/8043772/Ritual-Priest

Vourge
2010-05-18, 01:25 AM
The main thing I'd like input on (though all is welcome) is that some people were complaining about the class being boring, so I thought I might add this:

Blessings of the Old Gods:

Level 5 - Blessing of the Dreamer: add the oneiromancy spells from the Heroes of Horror to your spell list

Level 6 - Blessing of the Judge: gain the ability to cast Detect Good/Evil/Chaos/Law at will

Level 7 - Blessing of the Soothsayer: See briefly into the future; 1/day reroll any saving throw, skill check, or attack roll and take the better of the two rolls

Level 9 - Blessing of the Rider - Summon an Asperi (MM2) at will, works like Paladin mount

Level 10 - Blessing of the Archivist: Add 1/2 your class level (rounded down) as a bonus to all knowledge checks, can make knowledge checks untrained

Level 11 - Blessing of the Beastman: Wild Empathy, also for sentient plants

Level 13 - Blessing of the Hunter: 1 time ritual to gain permanent effects of two of the spells that give +4 to abilities (Cat's Grace, Eagle's Splendor, etc.) The animals in the name of the spells must be sacrificed during the ritual, and parts of the two animals must be made into an item in order to gain the effects. For example, if the two spells were Bear's Endurace and Eagle's Splendor, the Ritual Priest could make a cloak out of the Bear's hide and Eagle Feathers

Level 15 - Blessing of the Frozen One: Gain the Timeless Body ability, and appears not to age

Level 17 - Blessing of the Spirit-Mother:Automatic true resurrection on death. Once used, does not occur again until the next (week? month? year?)

My questions are these: Does this make the class overpowered? What might be some interesting abilities for the Drowned One and the Wanderer? Should I take away the abilities per level and at each of these levels give an option to take one of these (with some exceptions > Blessing of the spirit-mother)? Should I just get rid of the whole idea all together? Does this fix the boring-class issue?

Blah, that was more wall of text-y than I meant it to be

Vourge
2010-05-19, 05:59 PM
any thoughts?

Temotei
2010-05-19, 06:34 PM
Perhaps posting it on here would make it easier.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special[/table]

That's the first line. I haven't seen the actual table, however, as this laptop doesn't have the required program.

Vourge
2010-05-19, 07:46 PM
Is the link really that big a deal?

demidracolich
2010-05-19, 07:47 PM
Well some people (me included) might be too lazy and not look at the class through the link.

Temotei
2010-05-19, 08:00 PM
Is the link really that big a deal?

I can't help if I can't see the class.