PDA

View Full Version : Super heros royale.

Kyle
2006-06-02, 11:41 AM
If all the super heroes in the world were to fight in an areana, with 1 days notice, who do you think would be the last person alive in the areana.

I think it would be one of those which can change there size to very small.

nothingclever
2006-06-02, 12:47 PM
If all the super heroes in the world were to fight in an areana, with 1 days notice, who do you think would be the last person alive in the areana.

Batman of course.

Fourdoor
2006-06-02, 12:52 PM
I gotta go with Batman as well. The dude has weapons against everyone.

WampaX
2006-06-02, 12:56 PM
Ben Grimm.
I base my reasoning on Marvel Two-In-One annual #7.

Reijas
2006-06-02, 01:13 PM
Hulk, because of unlimited potential.

ed
2006-06-02, 01:19 PM
i don't know that i can answer this b/c so much of how the fight goes would be dependent upon situation. as we know from the prometheus storyline, bats has contingencies for other superheroes in the DC universe. it's reasonable to assume that he would similarly have planned for other powerful beings.

i think that the smarter heroes (the ones who sat back and watched) would make it to the latter stages and further, that w/ all the chaos, characters whose powers revolve around defense (e.g., shadowcat or sue richards) might have an edge.

beyond that, i really couldn't say.

ed

Skyserpent
2006-06-02, 01:26 PM
Xavier or Phoenix... "MASS MIND WIPE!"

Idiotbox90
2006-06-02, 01:38 PM
That wouldn't affect Magneto or the robotic heroes.

ed
2006-06-02, 01:46 PM
idiotbox: so the vision wins? :> he lowers his density, fades into the floor and emerges when it's all said and done?

ed

Uri
2006-06-02, 01:54 PM
I think either Dark Phoenix or one of the feakishly powerful people form the DC world. Oh and abotu robots Galactus and dark phoenix would just destroy those who she couldn't control.

Maybe Iceman would turn everyone into ice, and then be stopped because he didn't think he could do it. :(

nothingclever
2006-06-02, 01:55 PM
Assuming the arena is completely sealed off from the rest of the world Juggernaut wins because he's invulnerable and cannot be thrown out of the place.

CelestialStick
2006-06-02, 02:02 PM
Xavier or Phoenix... "MASS MIND WIPE!"
But what if they both do it? Which one is more powerul?

I have to say that Batman is cool--the ultimate urban crime fighter. In the first five seconds of the fight, while he's priding himself on having a plan to kill every one of the other heroes, including the ones he's of whom he's never heard before, he gets stopped by any one of the dozen superheroes who has actual superpowers. When all is said and done, Batman's just a guy in a black rubber suit. ;)

Aren't there a whole bunch of superheroes who can regenerate any damage? Are there any limits on what Logan can regenerate? Doesn't the Hulk regenerate too? Superman also has some sort of regeneration--shoot him with a krpytonite bullet and he bleeds, but pull out the bullet and he heals right back up. I'm sure those of you with more comic book knowledge can probably list a whole host of superheroes who can regenerate. I think it's hard to say who would still be standing if a whole bunch can regenerate anything.

There are also a whole bunch of superheroes who can shrink themselves or otherwise make take themselves out of sight for the duration. Of course shrinking isn't very helpful against Superman. Do any other heroes have microscope vision?

Dawnstrider_Moogle
2006-06-02, 02:15 PM
Assuming the arena is completely sealed off from the rest of the world Juggernaut wins because he's invulnerable and cannot be thrown out of the place.

Uh, no. Eventually his helmet'll get taken off somehow, and then a psychic can pwn him. Martian Manhunter seems like the guy for the job. Anyway, does Jugg really count as a super-"hero"?

I really have no idea, although MM - who has super strength, super speed, flight, telepathy, eye-lasers, shapeshifting, intangibility, invisibility, and who knows what else - is a pretty strong vote. Or maybe Xavier - who mindcontrols the people who aren't immune to telepathy into going after those who ARE (I'm assuming we're looking at a no-holds-barred out-of-character fight, because otherwise the answer is "All of them are still alive,").

I don't think it'll be Batman, because he has contingencies, but one day won't give him enough time to prepare against everything. That's another good reason MM is a strong contender - he figured out a way to beat Batman's contingency against him (off-topic: can someone explain why Batman's contingency vs. Flash was a good idea? doesn't it still need to HIT him to give him a seizure?).

CelestialStick
2006-06-02, 02:48 PM
Just how powerful is Rogue? Can she absorb the powers of anyone else, regardless of whether they come from mutations, extraterrestrial origin, or magic? Can she absorb the powers of more than one creature at a time? If she can, maybe she can run around absorbing powers and eventually win the day that way. Just a thought. :)

I keep seeing people use the word (if you can call it that) "pwn," and from context it seems to mean "hurt" or "defeat." Does anyone know the origin of this word?

r2e
Batman is not, in any way, SUPER...he is a hero *sigh* I suppose.

Anyway, your all forgetting my Bro, Petie P, or as he is known to the rest of the world - Spiderman. His witty banter and extreme intelligence followed by a swift spidey roundhouse kick to the face would down all opposers!

InaVegt
I would of course

Beelzebub1111
2006-06-02, 02:55 PM
Dr. Strange would easily beat everyone. With silver surfer and thor are tied for second.

Also, pheonix is not a hero so she dosn't count. The Pheonix Force is an alien conciousness who posessed Jean Gray.

And most mutant powers have limits Pofessor X could only wipe a few minds before he gets too tired. Jean's powers are even more limited

Rogue's and Mimic's powers can only copy those of mutants, which is why they can't copy the Juggernaut's powers. (though Rogue can still take their "energy")

Superman's weakness is not only kryptonite but also magic and a through severe enough beating (a la doomsday) so he's out easily.

maclaird
2006-06-02, 03:02 PM
Invisible Girl. All she has to do ishide in the corner till everyone is dea or starves to death. (Of course she would have packed sanwiches)

nothingclever
2006-06-02, 03:06 PM
Uh, no. Eventually his helmet'll get taken off somehow, and then a psychic can pwn him. Martian Manhunter seems like the guy for the job. Anyway, does Jugg really count as a super-"hero"?

I\
He actually was a hero for quite some time while he joined the X-men and he also helped them and other heroes many times from far greater evils. He also came to terms with Xavier and made a friend called Squidboy who was also recently enlisted into the X-men and acted as his role model.

He's pretty much a tragic hero as villians such as Black Tom Cassidy and the Brotherhood kept him involved in crime although he didn't necessarily want to as Tom was his only friend.

Anyway even without his helmet I don't think psychic powers have ever hurt him so much he could simply not recover and would die. And of course he managed to fight off Cyttorak's mind controlling powers despite him being the god who gave him his powers through sheer "force of will." In addition he survived in multiple different dimensions one of which he endured entirely by channeling his hatred for Xavier. I'm sure he could be telepathically knocked out as he has been countless times before but I bet it'd be hard to kill him that way considering limited special edition characters like Onslaught were the ones to serious harm in that form.

All juggernaut has to do is exist to win after all the original poster said whomever was left standing.

Ing
2006-06-02, 04:00 PM
no juggernaut can be put down for the count, permanently too i Xavier wished it py psionic assault...hence why the helmet is so important.

Idiotbox90
2006-06-02, 04:07 PM
Mr. Immortal wins. He will almost always be the last one standing.

Nerd-o-rama
2006-06-02, 04:09 PM
Juggernaut.

Why?
Because... (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3934651591022114445&q=juggernaut)

Warning: this link is rated R/NSFW for language and does not conform to this message board's standards of decency.

Beelzebub1111
2006-06-02, 04:20 PM
The Juggernaut could not beat the increadable hulk. Because the Juggernaut's strength is not infinite. the Hulk has the potentail of infinate strength depending upon how angry he gets. the longer he fights the more angry he gets the more unstoppable he gets. He can tear apart vibranium with his BARE HANDS! if the gets mad enough. I think the can throw the Juggernaut for a loop. You cannot physicaly beat the hulk. Every time he was "beaten" it was by chemical, magical, or other non-physical means. which is why Strange beats everyone.

CelestialStick
2006-06-02, 04:47 PM
Dr. Strange would easily beat everyone. With silver surfer and thor are tied for second.

Also, pheonix is not a hero so she dosn't count. The Pheonix Force is an alien conciousness who posessed Jean Gray.

And most mutant powers have limits Pofessor X could only wipe a few minds before he gets too tired. Jean's powers are even more limited

Rogue's and Mimic's powers can only copy those of mutants, which is why they can't copy the Juggernaut's powers. (though Rogue can still take their "energy")

Superman's weakness is not only kryptonite but also magic and a through severe enough beating (a la doomsday) so he's out easily.
Silly boy. There's nothing "easy" about beating Superman. In this situation he can just use his super speed to avoid all the slow-motion kryptonite and magical attacks until he's dispensed with them (or they've killed each other). Flash is the only one fast enough to keep up with Superman and he can't hurt Superman anyway, unless we're going to do with the "everyone in the cosmos has krpytonite" nonsense we see so often on these boards. :D

Beelzebub1111
2006-06-02, 06:48 PM
Silly boy. There's nothing "easy" about beating Superman. In this situation he can just use his super speed to avoid all the slow-motion kryptonite and magical attacks until he's dispensed with them (or they've killed each other). Flash is the only one fast enough to keep up with Superman and he can't hurt Superman anyway, unless we're going to do with the "everyone in the cosmos has krpytonite" nonsense we see so often on these boards. :D
The thing is that superman WOULDN'T do that. He's a hero first, and a noble one at that. He is going to go in head first and fight all he can.

And you don't need kriptonite to kill superman (as shown in "The Death of Superman")

Dr. Strange has spells upon spells each more powerful than the last that can take out superman easy as buck cake. If not Strange, then Fate, or Thor, or Vision, or Firebird, or Scarlet Witch, or Gilgamesh the Forgotten One, or even Doorman.

And those are just the tip of the iceburg of heros that can beat superman

Alchemistmerlin
2006-06-02, 07:06 PM
Mr. Rogers (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/ultimate+showdown/)

Or, barring that,

Mr. Immortal. He can't be killed, at all. There is NO way to kill him as death will never come to get him (Death the entity) so he just keeps reviving(He has no other powers, he would just keep healing and reviving)

Yeah but he can't die, therefore he would win.

Beelzebub1111
2006-06-02, 07:18 PM
Mr. Invincible. He can't be killed, at all. There is NO way to kill him as death will never come to get him (Death the entity) so he just keeps reviving(He has no other powers, he would just keep healing and reviving)

Yeah but he can't die, therefore he would win.
His name is Mr. Immortal...sorry to nit-pick

Also, Dr. Strange is, in himself, a Deus Ex Machina. In terms of say...Mutants and Masterminds he would be considered a plot device character with a magic rank of X. He can do anything he needs and will win.

Tarlonniel
2006-06-02, 07:33 PM
He's a hero first, and a noble one at that. He is going to go in head first and fight all he can.

I don't see how the first relates to the second. Being noble and heroic wouldn't make Superman act like an idiot - most likely it would lead him to not fight at all.

In conclusion, Chuck Norris. ;D

Alchemistmerlin
2006-06-02, 07:35 PM

Also, Dr. Strange is, in himself, a Deus Ex Machina. In terms of say...Mutants and Masterminds he would be considered a plot device character with a magic rank of X. He can do anything he needs and will win.

Woops, sorry. Fixed.

So yeah, Mr. Immortal wins...or Mr. Rogers.

Solmage
2006-06-02, 07:46 PM

I think the main problem is ALL superheroes are like this. Sure, some more than others, but specially the more powerful ones. I've seen comics were Dr. Strange was being defeated/got defeated, but again only because that plot called specifically for it. My main issue with comics (and why I stopped reading them regularly a long time ago) was because there's no real set canon with exact powers and limitations that everyone HAS to stick to. So for example Superman can outrun a spaceship, dodge a machine gun, move fast enough to travel through time, yet not move fast enough to save his best friend 2 meters away from him. They're all deux ex machina.

Solmage
2006-06-02, 07:53 PM
Just how powerful is Rogue? Can she absorb the powers of anyone else, regardless of whether they come from mutations, extraterrestrial origin, or magic? Can she absorb the powers of more than one creature at a time? If she can, maybe she can run around absorbing powers and eventually win the day that way. Just a thought. :)

I keep seeing people use the word (if you can call it that) "pwn," and from context it seems to mean "hurt" or "defeat." Does anyone know the origin of this word?

I believe warcraft (the old RTS) said something like so-and-so's territory has been owned, (or something like that, it's been a while) but the thing is, there was a spelling mistake, and it was spelled pwned. From then on, it caught on as meaning a seriously humiliating defeat.

Beelzebub1111
2006-06-02, 08:10 PM
true that, yo.

The only comics I realy read anymore are ones that are set (with the exception of Dr. Strange):
Iron Man
Spider-man
and Archie Comic's: Sonic the Hedgehog (aka SatAM)

Rex_Hondo
2006-06-04, 05:11 AM
Deadman. He'll start off by possessing Superman, being the most powerful being he recognizes. If Supes falls, he picks somebody else.

Of course, that's only if Dr. Strange, Dr. Fate, or another of the magic heavy hitters don't take notice and decide to swat him...

For that matter, unless one of the speedsters cracks Zatanna over the head in the first second of two, one shout of, "Ydobyreve tub em, EID!" ends things REAL quick.

GnollLord
2006-06-04, 04:53 PM
Wolverine. They can keep killing him but he will keep regerating. Eventually he will kill everyone.

nothingclever
2006-06-04, 05:30 PM
Wolverine. They can keep killing him but he will keep regerating. Eventually he will kill everyone.
Bah the Hulk has him beat there easy plus he's got potentially unlimited strength.

Alchemistmerlin
2006-06-04, 06:22 PM

Wolverine CAN be killed, he's not immortal. His brain, for example, will not grow back, and there are superheros that can destroy adamantium

Or, even better, there are plenty of psychics that can crush his mind with a thought. (Xavier)

Finwe
2006-06-05, 12:12 PM
I think that this one has to go to the Thunderbunny (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunder_Bunny)

All the other superheroes would fall down laughing, and eventually die of oxygen deprivation.

Uber_Nerd
2006-06-05, 03:23 PM
IF neo counts, he would win because he can move as fast as flash, psychic powers, and he can blow them all up with his mind. Also, he can't be killed.

nothingclever
2006-06-05, 03:30 PM
IF neo counts, he would win because he can move as fast as flash, psychic powers, and he can blow them all up with his mind. Also, he can't be killed.
Assuming they were all in the Matrix but... no.
Oh and Neo dies at the end after ripping off Superman in like the 3rd movie so Superman>Neo even in the Matrix.

RemoJr
2006-06-05, 03:57 PM
well if you consider obyounder a hero then he would win.

Lord Herman
2006-06-05, 04:27 PM
Mr. Rogers.

Seconded.

Or Cthulhu. Does he count as a superhero?