PDA

View Full Version : About which strip number does the game cover?

talonos
2010-05-18, 08:49 AM
I know that the board game doesn't cover everything the stip has covered. About where does it stop? I know it has Kaboom Redaxe, but *not* Pompey. Does that put it around 253ish?

PePe QuiCoSE
2010-05-19, 07:30 AM
In reality it just covers the first book, since the game is all about the Dungeon Crawl. It has monsters up to hobgoblins from the attack at the paladin castle, but that's just it, they aren't any different from other goblins.

Zelthax
2010-05-20, 03:34 PM
Hard question to answer. The "plot" of the game covers through the first book (as in, the climax of DCF matches the climax of the game: the destruction of Xykon). However, as you noted, there are monsters from well into the second book, with Kaboom and The Shadowdancer being the last, I believe. There's no reference to Julia, replacement Linear Guild members, or Azure City affiliates, so if I had to guess, I would say the game "covers"(that is, includes characters and abilities) up to the Inn, with the last reference that comes to mind being the "Rod of Lordly Might."

As a side note, there is also no mention of Haley's Aphasia either, so, there's that.

NerfTW
2010-05-22, 11:50 AM
I think a far simpler answer is "It doesn't cover the strip". It's simply a dungeon crawl set in the Dungeon of Dorukan, that includes an assortment of Order of the Stick references, and includes Xykon as the main villain.

It isn't going to cover purely plot elements because it's not following the comic. Just like the Dungeon Magazine strips weren't in any possible continuity with the main strip.

My guess is the included monsters/enemies are up to whenever the game was made or started being worked on.

Calintares
2010-05-28, 08:28 AM
The included monsters covers "On the Origin of PCs" and the strips up til the inn sequence.