PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Planar Ally

Gnaeus
2010-05-18, 10:22 AM
Does anyone know of a list of creatures callable with this spell? It looked like someone made a guide on gleemax but now it is gone. Did anyone rescue it or make a similar guide?

I am trying to decide if my Dread Necro should take Arcane Devotee (Lust) (my choices are Evil, Luck, Charm, Domination, Lust, Mind, or Illusion) so I am trying to weigh Lesser Planar Ally vs. the other 3-5th level spells from those domains.

gbprime
2010-05-18, 10:51 AM
Lesser Planar ally is pretty limited. Typically you can use it to call only a single type of being or a very narrow range. So depending on what your DM decides, it's either useful or it ain't.

Lesser Planar Binding is more useful. You can use it to call up things that can cast spells you're not capable of casting or that are not on your list. A Hollyphant, for example, can Raise Dead.

Gnaeus
2010-05-18, 10:54 AM
I can't dispute that. Unfortunately, my choices are limited, and planar binding isn't one of them.

Soronhen
2010-05-18, 12:28 PM
Actually, as a Dread Necromancer, you should have Lesser Planar Binding on your spell list already. The Evil domain has the Magic Circle against Good spell, which will allow you to actually use Lesser Planar Binding.