PDA

View Full Version : Niezck vs CrypticOcean

Niezck
2010-05-18, 01:01 PM
200 x 200 x 200 force cube

Each start at opposite sides.

Daily spells allowed, 1d3 prep rounds? (You roll, it won't let you do it in the first post)

Neox (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=208097)

Roll initiative, I'll do mine after you as you can't roll in the first post.

CrypticOcean
2010-05-18, 01:10 PM
[roll0] rounds to prepare.

Daily spells? Not exactly sure what you are refering to.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=207889 Alberzhul

Rolling initiative.

[roll1]

Niezck
2010-05-18, 01:17 PM
Daily spells as in spells you cast on a daily basis. Like I cast Mind Blank, Energy Immunity (Fire), Protection from Arrows, etc

Initiative - [roll0]

Prep rounds:

Round One:
True Sight

Round Two:
Spell Turning - [roll1] levels

Round Three:
Ray Deflection

You're up :smallsmile:

CrypticOcean
2010-05-18, 01:55 PM
Ah, gotcha. Apologies if there is a slight pause between my posts. I will be having to double-check spell descriptions and whatnot.

Daily-Energy Immunity-Fire (Hehe...er, nothing else other than that.), is under a constant Desecrate Effect due to the Darkskull

Preparation Rounds

Round One
Unholy Aura

Round Two
Globe of Invulnerability

Round Three
Spell Turning [roll0]

Alright for my first action, I cast a quickened Boreal Wind. Its range easily extends to the other end of the Force Cage (400 ft+40/level), it will deal 15d4 points of cold/negative energy damage, and has both a height and width of 20 ft. It will last for 11 rounds. You must also succeed on a fortitude or be pushed back (you cannot, so I am not sure what that entails)

Now, for real, no joke, I cast an Uttercold Firestorm. I am unsure if stacking a bunch of 10 ft squares on you would make it harm you each time, but I will assume it will not. Going to roll damage and SR in the next post...ugh, I am quite sorry for all of this.

Gah, apologies for how long that took, I have a lot of page through.

Edit:And I forgot to put the bloody "roll" brackets around the Boreal Wind damage. And of course, I misjudged distance there for Mordenkainen's disjunction. I must look like quite a fool. I suppose I shall do the next best thing and put a Dispelling Screen up from one end of the wall to the other. It does not specify a height, so, I assume that each 10-foot square affected just fills up the area it is in. Gragh...I apologize for my horrid experience with...any high-end casting. ...Which of course...now interferes with my Boreal Wind effect. Just...gah!

CrypticOcean
2010-05-18, 01:58 PM
Perhaps it ignored the damage due to my editing of the roll brackets in there? [roll0]

CrypticOcean
2010-05-18, 02:01 PM
Gah! This is the last time I make a mistake (hopefully...). Rolling SR for Boreal Wind.

[roll0]

Niezck
2010-05-18, 02:15 PM
I assume you cast spells in the prep rounds? If so, I'm gonna attempt to identify via Spellcraft.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Take the first X rolls.

CrypticOcean
2010-05-18, 02:30 PM
Alright. You pretty much succeed on all of those.

Unholy Aura, Spell Turning, Globe of Invulnerability. And the DC for the Uttercold Firestorm shall be augmented by my spellstrike weapon, adding +5 to the DC, making it 29.

[roll0] Spell Resistance

[roll1] Damage

Niezck
2010-05-18, 02:39 PM
Okay, so it's just the firestorm and the wind? And what level would they each be? (Spell level, that is, as I'm unfamiliar with either of them off the top of my head)

Either way really, I use Innate Counterspell to counter the wind to start with, I'll use up a spell slot equivalent to its level one I find out what it is. Along with that I couple a Power Word: Stun. Which I assume will be reflected.

As for the firestorm ... What check is it? Reflex?

And I'm immune to the fire half of the damage, btw.

nefele
2010-05-18, 02:47 PM
Sorry to butt in, but I have a couple of questions. :)

CrypticOcean, where is Spellstrike from? The one I'm familiar with is from MIC, and it doesn't reallocate the enhancement to bonus to the DC of your spells, but to your saves Vs other people's spells and SLAs. Is this another version?

And Niezck, doesn't Power Word Stun apply only to creatures with 150 hp or less? Or is there a way around that?

Thanks, and sorry for the intrusion. :)

CrypticOcean
2010-05-18, 02:49 PM
Well, I casted it as an Uttercold spell, so it does absolutely no fire damage at all. The spell is now half cold and half negative energy, so you would resist ten of that. The save is reflex.

Boreal Wind is a 5th level spell. Firestorm is an 8th level spell.

The Power Word: Stun is reflected. I believe that is all I can do in the round. I shall not be moving.

CrypticOcean
2010-05-18, 02:51 PM
Sorry to butt in, but I have a couple of questions. :)

CrypticOcean, where is Spellstrike from? The one I'm familiar with is from MIC, and it doesn't reallocate the enhancement to bonus to the DC of your spells, but to your saves Vs other people's spells and SLAs. Is this another version?

And Niezck, doesn't Power Word Stun apply only to creatures with 150 hp or less? Or is there a way around that?

Thanks, and sorry for the intrusion. :)

Gah, that was a misread on my part. Ah well, then the DC is a measly 24, which I am sure you can make in your sleep.

And I am immune to the effects of Power Word: Stun anyway, being undead and all, but I do not think anything stops him from casting it.

Niezck
2010-05-18, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I was mostly just looking to waste spell reflection levels. :smalltongue:

Reflex: [roll0]

Niezck
2010-05-18, 03:01 PM
Okay, I take 19 damage. (57/2 = 29, -10 = 19)

My turn?

CrypticOcean
2010-05-18, 03:13 PM
Yep, go ahead, I have no more actions.

Niezck
2010-05-19, 02:27 AM
I fly 60ft into the air and cast a spell. (DC 22 Spellcraft to identify)

Greater Dispel Magic, targeted on an area centred on you

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

Some rolls vs your items/etc.

And for rounds supressed:

[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]

nefele
2010-05-19, 03:44 AM
Again sorry to butt in, but I'm learning here. :)

@Niezck only:
I'm confused about Dispel Magic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dispelMagic.htm), I'd appreciate it if you help me understand. The way I'm reading it, you can't dispel multiple magic items with one casting. If it's an area dispel, magic items are unaffected, right?

For each creature within the area that is the subject of one or more spells, you make a dispel check against the spell with the highest caster level. If that check fails, you make dispel checks against progressively weaker spells until you dispel one spell (which discharges the dispel magic spell so far as that target is concerned) or until you fail all your checks. The creature’s magic items are not affected.

For each object within the area that is the target of one or more spells, you make dispel checks as with creatures. Magic items are not affected by an area dispel.

If it's a targeted dispel, you either target one item and roll your dispel check normally, or you target a creature. In that case, you roll Vs each ongoing spell, but I don't see where you roll Vs the creature's magic items.

One object, creature, or spell is the target of the dispel magic spell. You make a dispel check (1d20 + your caster level, maximum +10) against the spell or against each ongoing spell currently in effect on the object or creature. The DC for this dispel check is 11 + the spell’s caster level. If you succeed on a particular check, that spell is dispelled; if you fail, that spell remains in effect.

So how does it work?

Thanks very much in advance. :)

Niezck
2010-05-19, 04:05 AM
Yeah, that got pointed out to me in another thread just now aswell :/

Hmm, I take that back then <_<

Gimme a few and I'll post up my alternate action.

Niezck
2010-05-19, 05:48 AM
I'll cast a spell. (DC 22 to identify)

Teleport, Greater

And I appear next to you, sword in hand.

Also this:

Enter Thicket of Blades stance to allow me to take AoOs on 5-foot-steps