PDA

View Full Version : Daredevil vs. Batman

Tiberian
2006-05-28, 12:13 AM
With all the current threads about superhero infighting. who wins between Hornhead and the Dark Knight. Who better to duke it than the (basically) unpowered (yeah DD has increased senses but they pretty much only serve as a cover-up to his blindness) superheroes who seek out criminals to protect their city/hood.

Holy_Knight
2006-05-28, 12:23 AM
Hmm... you know, I'm going to have to hand this one to Batman. Certainly once he discovers Matt's weakness/powers it's game over for Matt, but even before that, I think Batman's natural stealthiness would severely diminish the effectiveness of Daredevil's heightened senses, and Batman's almost certainly a better hand to hand fighter.

Dhavaer
2006-05-28, 12:35 AM
They did briefly fight once. I think it was inconclusive, but Batman is stealthy enough to mess up Daredevil's senses and Daredevil can't read his emotions through his heartbeat.
I'm saying Batman wins.

Rex_Hondo
2006-05-28, 12:50 AM
In the crossover matchup, Batman was able to determine that DD was blind by observing his body language. A nearly imperceptible tilt of the head here to hear better, a slight flaring of the nostrils there. Still a fairly even fight, inconclusive.

Also notable was that they simultaneously deduced each other's secret identities when Bruce and Matt meet at a party.

Also of note, even though these matchups don't play out on a linear continuum, for somebody who gives Daredevil so much trouble, Batman sure does take out Bullseye pretty quick. (DC vs Marvel, forget which issue) ;)

Tiberian
2006-05-28, 12:55 AM
I think its issue 1. Yeah, if its canon, it states pretty unargueably that Bruce is stronger than Matt. "You hit even harder than Daredevil."

Of course, Batman is more popular than Daredevil, so that popularity contest isn't a great judge of power.

Rex_Hondo
2006-05-28, 12:59 AM
Actually, the Batman fight that actually got voted on was Batman vs Captain America. He still won, though. ;)

KayJay
2006-05-28, 02:43 AM
Straight out fight, I might give it to Daredevil, but if we start accounting for gadgets, I'd say Batman, simply because I think Batman would be able to incapacitate or overload Daredevil's remaining senses with one trick or another.

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-05-28, 03:44 AM
In an episode of B:TAS (http://www.tv.com/batman-the-animated-series/blind-as-a-bat/episode/72324/summary.html), Bruce Wayne went blind during an explosion caused by a stolen WayneTech prototype aircraft piloted by Penguin. He had a special helmet rigged up, which he wore under his cowl, that was attached to the optic nerve and worked on a similar principle to Daredevil's natural sight. Unfortunately during a battle the helmet fizzled out, and Penguin realized his enemy was blind. He kept making noises to throw Batman off. Batsie felt a drip of water hit his face from overhead and aimed a Batarang at a pipe over his head, breaking it. The water hit a boiling vat and steamed up the room. Now Penguin couldn't see either, and Batman used this to his advantage, knocking Pengy out. So I think Batman might have gained some perspective from this case he could use against Daredevil, if need be.

Interestingly a similar plot was used in a Darkwing Duck episode, "Duck Blind (http://www.tv.com/darkwing-duck/duck-blind/episode/50899/summary.html)", with DW temporarily blinded by one of Megavolt's attacks. Having to rely first on gadgets and then on his other senses to fight the dim-bulb baddie, he timed his attack perfectly, listening to the buzzing noise Megavolt's electric sword made when he swung the blade, then striking after it had passed over his head. Megavolt threw an absolute fit after being defeated and tied up: "But you're helpless! Helpless!"

CelestialStick
2006-05-28, 08:34 AM
I'm actually thinking that Daredevil's super hearing would tend to negate Batman's stealthiness rather than the other way around.

But I'm kind of thinking that Batman could win hand to hand. Also Batman always has flash-bangy things and those could be used to negate Daredevil's hearing and leave him blind.

ed
2006-05-28, 09:55 AM
is this "bats vs. [superhero]" becoming the forum's meme of the week? :>

i'm inclined to give bats the slight edge, mainly b/c as others have observed, DD is vulnerable to sensory overload. batman's experience is probably greater than DD's, but DD's superhuman senses would negate some of that.

ed

CelestialStick
2006-05-28, 10:00 AM

i'm inclined to give bats the slight edge, mainly b/c as others have observed, DD is vulnerable to sensory overload. batman's experience is probably greater than DD's, but DD's superhuman senses would negate some of that.

ed
Actually I was planning to do a Spiderman v. Superman thread. Oh wait, I did do it. :D

ed
2006-05-28, 10:06 AM
yeah, i noticed. :>

ed

CelestialStick
2006-05-28, 10:35 AM
yeah, i noticed. :>

ed
Thanks. It's nice to know that people are paying attention. :D

KayJay
2006-05-28, 03:50 PM

ed
I'm just waiting for the "batman versus every DC hero that has ever existed", so that we can determine how much prep time is needed before Batman can win that fight :D
Also, I don't think Daredevil is that suseptible to people "tricking" him with sounds, as his ears are good enough tha he can distiguish people the real sound, and an emulated one. He's also able to filter through what he hears and split them up, otherwise with his heightened hearing, it becomes impossible to make sense of the world given how much he actually can hear.
I think that extremely loud noises may temporarily deafen him though (although I admit I don't read many daredevil books).

Adeptus
2006-05-28, 05:59 PM
This propably won't make much of a difference to you guys, but DC and Marvel universes are very different. One can't put beings from one to the other with any consistency. DC universe is much more a story universe where people are "the worlds greatest detective" or some superlative like that.

Batman wins every time, just because he is batman, not for any realistic assessment of his skills vs. the opponent's skills.

Marvel universe plays much more fair with it's heroes and villains.

CelestialStick
2006-05-28, 11:26 PM
I'm just waiting for the "batman versus every DC hero that has ever existed", so that we can determine how much prep time is needed before Batman can win that fight :D
LOL!

Also, I don't think Daredevil is that suseptible to people "tricking" him with sounds, as his ears are good enough tha he can distiguish people the real sound, and an emulated one. He's also able to filter through what he hears and split them up, otherwise with his heightened hearing, it becomes impossible to make sense of the world given how much he actually can hear.
I think that extremely loud noises may temporarily deafen him though (although I admit I don't read many daredevil books).
Yeah, I think so too on the loud sounds.