PDA

View Full Version : Champion's Arena: Tavar vs. Eurus

Eurus
2010-05-18, 04:58 PM
Daily effects are a go, but no prep rounds. Map is an infinite expanse of flat rock. Since it's just the two of us for right now, I won't even bother with a map; the only important details are distance from the ground and distance from each other. If anyone wants to try summoning/dropping battlefield control effects, they can whip up a map. I'll let you pick the distance we start at.

Since there's no ref, this will be based on honor. For the sake of clarity, let's say no editing posts; if you need to add something, do it in a new post.

Daily effects:
Thicket of Blades stance
No spells
Readied maneuvers listed on sheet

[roll0]

Eurus
2010-05-18, 05:00 PM
Forgot about not being able to roll in the first post of a thread...

[roll0]

Tavar
2010-05-18, 05:09 PM
Let's start... 100 ft apart.

Initiative;[roll0]

Master of the Field stance.
No spells.
Manuevers readied; Granted in order of dice;[roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4], [roll5], [roll6]
[spoiler]Quench the Fire
Wear Away the Earth
Cresting Wave
Risky Gambit
Elder Mountain Hammer
Phoenix’s Embrace
Seize the Blade
Foehammer
Imperator’s Warning

Eurus
2010-05-18, 05:26 PM
So... you won initiative.

Tavar
2010-05-18, 05:29 PM
I go first, then. Well...Swift action to shapeshift. The figure grows in size, form hunching, claws lengthening. What looks to be a fur coat grows(If you've played Might and Magic 3, it's a behemoth). He then blurs forward.

Charge vs your flatfooted AC.
[roll0]
Damage(only adding str bonus, not sure if that's right or I should be adding 1.5 times str); [roll1]
Think that's everything.
Note, I have 10ft of reach, so you are currently not adjacent to me.

10ft reach
No spells.
Fellmist robe with 4 essentia
Manuevers readied; Granted in order of dice;(1d9)[7], (1d8)[8], (1d7)[4], (1d6)[2], (1d5)[1], (1d4)[1]
Spoiler
Quench the Fire
Wear Away the Earth
Cresting Wave
Risky Gambit
Elder Mountain Hammer
Phoenix’s Embrace
Seize the Blade
Foehammer
Imperator’s Warning

Eurus
2010-05-18, 05:43 PM
DR shaves off 10 points, unless your natural attacks are considered Evil, Epic, and Adamantine. Regeneration makes it nonlethal, then heals 10 of that nonlethal damage at the beginning of my turn, and Fast Healing heals another 10. So I have 7 nonlethal damage on me right now.

Your opponent is clad in little more than rags, but many objects formed from incarnum float over his body in place of conventional items. Among them are a durable-looking suit of armor, and a long sword. His wounds heal with uncanny speed - those that his armor and flesh do not resist entirely, at least.

Free action to declare you as the target of my Midnight Dodge, for +4 AC.

Swift action to reallocate essentia.

Current essentia breakdown:
7 in Vitality Belt
4 in Lightning Gauntlets
7 in Warrior's Soul
6 in Exalted Mantle of the Paladin

4 in prepared Incarnum Apotheosis spell

Soulsight and Midnight Dodge don't have any, but are treated as having 1 each.

Standard action to cast a spell, DC 23 to identify. Auto-pass the concentration check to cast defensively.

Incarnum Apotheosis, duration 10 rounds. All of my essentia receptacles are now treated as being invested with the maximum possible essentia.

Burn a turn attempt to Divine Impetus for another swift action, assume Press the Advantage stance to 10-foot step away from you.

End turn.

Tavar
2010-05-18, 05:47 PM
To identify: [roll0]
Also, I got one more maneuver from last turn.
[roll1]

Eurus
2010-05-18, 05:50 PM
Oh, I forgot. At the beginning of your turn, my gaze attack triggers, so you need a DC 28 will save or be shaken for 1 minute (provided that you're not immune to fear/mind affecting).

Tavar
2010-05-18, 05:50 PM
I am, and I believe I get to know what the spell you cast was.

Eurus
2010-05-18, 05:53 PM
Yeah, it was Incarnum Apotheosis. In case you're not familiar with it, it allows me to treat all of my essentia receptacles as having the maximum possible essentia invested in them for its duration.

Eurus
2010-05-18, 06:11 PM
So, your turn?

Tavar
2010-05-18, 06:14 PM
Ah. Also, I really, really, Hate Freedom of Movement. Damn invalidating so many options.

This time he moves up to you and punches, initiating Foehammer
Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]+[roll2], ignoring DR.
We are adjacent.

Swift action to adjust Essentia

10ft reach
No spells.
Fellmist robe with 4 essentia
Totem Avatar 4
Manuevers readied; Granted in order of dice;[roll3]
Spoiler
Quench the Fire
Wear Away the Earth
Cresting Wave
Risky Gambit
Elder Mountain Hammer
Phoenix’s Embrace
Seize the Blade
Foehammer
Imperator’s Warning

Eurus
2010-05-18, 06:28 PM
Ah. Also, I really, really, Hate Freedom of Movement. Damn invalidating so many options.

Yeah, I hate it too, but you're more or less doomed to be crippled by one Solid Fog spell without it. Ditto for Mind Blank.

So, 38 damage. I heal 20 on my turn, putting me up to 25 nonlethal. Using Robilar's Gambit.

Swift action to activate Travel Devotion, free action to activate Divine Might. Standard action to initiate Diamond Nightmare Blade.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2], multiplied by 4 if the maneuver works. Plus [roll3] from Vicious, and [roll4] to me.

Tavar
2010-05-18, 07:24 PM
Hit, largely due to the fact my character is currently naked. Are you doing anything with the Travel devotion, or are you still standing next to me?

Eurus
2010-05-18, 07:26 PM
From my reading of it, Travel Devotion doesn't actually let you move in the turn you activate it; you activate it as a swift action to give you the ability to move as a swift action from then on. So yeah, I'll stay adjacent.

Tavar
2010-05-18, 07:47 PM
Full Attack time!
Swift action to activate First Release Stance.
Girallon Arms; [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]
GA Damage: [roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7]
For every hit, make a DC 19 will save, or lose 1 essentia. I gain the amount that you lose.
If two or more hit, also deals [roll8] damage.
Gore attack; [roll9]
[roll10]
Stamp attacks [roll11] [roll12]
[roll13] [roll14]

Unarmed Strikes [roll15] [roll16] [roll17] [roll18] [roll19] [roll20]
US Damage [roll21] [roll22] [roll23] [roll24] [roll25] [roll26]

Tavar
2010-05-18, 07:58 PM
Crit Confirmations;
[roll0]
[roll1]
Stamp attacks [roll2]
[roll3]

Eurus
2010-05-18, 08:08 PM
Your first claw and last claw hit, as do your gore and both stamps, and your first three unarmed attacks. So that's 15, 12, 34, 21, 22, 23, 28, 31, and 30 damage, with DR soaking 10 from each. 126 total.

I'm assuming that the essentia-stealing thing only works for the claw attacks? If not, just let me know and I'll roll more saves. My will saves will only fail on a 1: [roll0], [roll1].

EDIT: Oops, didn't notice the crits. So that's another 36. So all together, after my 20 points of healing, that's 167 nonlethal damage on me.

Eurus
2010-05-18, 08:17 PM
So, let's see. Robilar's Gambit gives me three attacks of opportunity on you.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

Eurus
2010-05-18, 08:24 PM
...Er. Mantle of Flame also triggers on each hit. I forgot about that one. I have too many soulmelds. >_>

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Tavar
2010-05-18, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I'm down. Damn, that's a powerful spell in gestalt.

Eurus
2010-05-18, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I'm down. Damn, that's a powerful spell in gestalt.

Apotheosis? Yeah, it's nuts. I have... seven soulmelds, it looks like, with a capacity of 6 or 7 each, and two feats. Shame I only have it prepped once...

Tavar
2010-05-18, 08:38 PM
Plus, you're exactly the kind of target that I'm not that good against; Non-evil, I can't hamper you because of FoM, I don't have other allies to boost, DR I can't penetrate, with an ability that damages me per attack. Yeah, this was no contest. It would be interesting to see how I do against beings that aren't quite as hard a counter against me.

Eurus
2010-05-18, 08:47 PM
Plus, you're exactly the kind of target that I'm not that good against; Non-evil, I can't hamper you because of FoM, I don't have other allies to boost, DR I can't penetrate, with an ability that damages me per attack. Yeah, this was no contest. It would be interesting to see how I do against beings that aren't quite as hard a counter against me.

Plus you didn't have items. For what it's worth, my offense is hampered by non-evil enemies too (Smite Evil and several Golden Saint maneuvers go down the drain), but not entirely. Still, it was a pretty good fight.