PDA

View Full Version : Tome of Battle-ized PHB classes

Cute_Riolu
2010-05-18, 05:02 PM
I'd like to integrate Tome of Battle maneuvers and stances with the martially oriented base classes, and am wondering if this has already been done, and if not, how I might go about doing it.

Homebrew schools are acceptable. I'm mostly wondering how to set up the number of maneuvers and stances, and the refresh methods, which could actually be rather unique; a rogue might regain a maneuver's use upon making a sneak attack, a monk upon moving and attacking, etc.

Dienekes
2010-05-18, 05:12 PM
here ya are (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Tome_of_Battle_Core_Class_Update)

Pechvarry
2010-05-19, 01:32 AM
That's a nice start, but I wouldn't use all of that stuff. There's a different Ranger variant that's less generic (the Falling Star one). I believe it's refresh mechanic is moving 10' or more in a round using a swift action.

Here we go (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19519074/Sublime_Way_Variant_Ranger)

There's also a martial barbarian around the interwebs, somewhere. I believe it could only use maneuvers while raging or something.

And yeah, go crazy with the refresh mechanics. Anything to make 'em interesting is a good thing in my book. A Rogue making a sneak attack would be cool, but you're probably going to want to specify that they must also use a swift action (so it's only happening once/round). Paladin could be as swordsage (as listed on that page) with an additional maneuver recovered for each ally affected by their aura of courage or... something (would go good with any other core ability paladin variants that actually give them good auras).

Also a little leery of ToB-ifying Fighter instead of just using Warblade. But if you do, I'd suggest not slowing their feat progression. Those are the only reason to be a Fighter instead of a Warblade; slowing them would be counter-productive. Just lower their known/readied some instead. Or give them full Initiator level growth as a Martial Prestige Class and a free Martial Study or Martial Stance feat at sayyy, levels 5, 9, 13, 17 (which wouldn't count against the normal limit of 3).

Ouranos
2010-05-19, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the link Dienekes, Have been wanting a paladin that didn't suck and the TOB-pally is looking hella better already. Their spells were always pitiful, remove disease was situational at best, new setup, oh yeah.

Tibbaerrohwen
2010-05-19, 09:42 PM
Ditto, thanks Dienekes and Pechvarry. I look forward to using these.