PDA

View Full Version : Shows that people say are funny when "high"

Dragonus45
2010-05-18, 08:40 PM
Well I just got my wisdom teeth popped and the medication they gave me has me flying, so i figured here was my legal chance to find these things out. Still not finding anything on adult swim funny tho. Also the first Clerks movie still seems more morbid than funny. I seem to have posted this at the wrong board, could a mod move this to the media discussions.

Crimmy
2010-05-18, 08:50 PM
Find "Human Tetris" on youtube, and maybe some "Soccer with binoculars"

Dragonus45
2010-05-18, 09:02 PM
seen human tetris before, laughed a lot. Never heard of soccer with binoculars, allso im revisiting a lot of college humor stuff. Its great, and 4chan feels like it did 5 or so years ago before all the new"people" showed up. Also an odd thought, when i got out from the anesthetic and my aunt was asking what kind of yogurt i wanted her to gra from the store, i was typing my answers on a nonexistent keyboard instead of talking.

Starscream
2010-05-18, 09:08 PM
Do not, I repeat, do not watch Pee-Wee's Playhouse. Once I had a minor surgery, developed a fever as a result, and was put on both meds for the fever and painkillers.

So I decided to pull out my old VHS copy of Pee-Wee's Christmas Special, figuring it would be a laugh. That show is scary when you are any sort of altered mental state (and many would probably find it a bit disturbing under normal circumstances as well).

Incidentally, I also watched some movies on TV. Watched the first half of Scarface, dozed off, and when I woke up Romancing the Stone was on. Took me thirty minutes to realize I wasn't watching the same movie anymore.

Yeah, clearly I'm not very good at dealing with this sort of thing.

Katana_Geldar
2010-05-18, 11:24 PM
Try the last part of 2001.

Lycan 01
2010-05-18, 11:33 PM
Wizard of Oz.

I'm just guessing, mind you. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2010-05-18, 11:42 PM
Look up the kids' show, Boobah. In fact, I'll find a bit for you right now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJvHrx1X-Gk)! (there's better than that, but I ought to be working)

The Extinguisher
2010-05-18, 11:44 PM
South Park seems to be the standard answer.

Look up 5 second films. Those are hilarious.

Mando Knight
2010-05-18, 11:47 PM
Try the last part of 2001.

No, it probably just becomes a well-thought out philosophical debate over the moral guidelines in Elizabethan era plays.

Seffbasilisk
2010-05-18, 11:58 PM
Anything done by Bunnies in 30 seconds.

Scrubs.

Evolution.

Dude, where's my car?

Next.

WARNING! Do NOT watch A Scanner Darkly. That will....just...no. Don't do it.

Gorgondantess
2010-05-19, 12:04 AM
Not anything funny on Adult Swim? Have you ever tried Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job? It's a personal favorite of mine.

Dragonus45
2010-05-19, 01:11 AM
Not anything funny on Adult Swim? Have you ever tried Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job? It's a personal favorite of mine.

I think tim and eric are the downfall of existence, or at least adults swim, i kid you not. I hate them with such a passion that i once screamed and ranted for an hour about all the things about them that i dislike. Dude wheres my car was much much funnier. And i already liked south park before this, but i seemed to be laughing at different things. Now the that the residual effects of the I.V. knockout stuff i was hit with is long gone I missed my chance to watch most of the stuff i had planned for. The last time i had a surgery they knocked my out for it seemed to last longer.

And serpentine, the nightmares im going to have cus of that show say thank you, now whats your address so i can bill my therapy bill.

Ravens_cry
2010-05-19, 01:16 AM
This is terrific (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDHSbrPZH4A)* when sober.
What is it like when stoned, I don't know.
FRUIT SALAD. YUMMY, YUMMY.
*In the sense of inciting terror.

Serpentine
2010-05-19, 02:23 AM
19 QED, Tallangatta, Victoria, Australia.
Take that, whoever's living there now :smallamused:
edit: I recommend Mighty Boosh, but not the Old Greg episode. Maybe the Eels one, but that would also be a little risky.

Dragonus45
2010-05-19, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the help guys, but the medication is long worn off, and the painkillers aren't doing much more than well... killing the pain. I'll keep a list for the next time i need to get knocked out tho.

pinwiz
2010-05-19, 12:23 PM
This is terrific (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDHSbrPZH4A)* when sober.
What is it like when stoned, I don't know.
FRUIT SALAD. YUMMY, YUMMY.
*In the sense of inciting terror.

That is quite horrifying. Mostly the faces are just.... unnatural. :smalleek:

Icewalker
2010-05-19, 03:11 PM
30 second bunnies films and 5 second films are both fantastic, high or no. I love that both of them were suggested.

Sliver
2010-05-19, 03:42 PM
Mystery Men? Phinias and Ferb? Batman 1966 series? (I donno, just stuff that are awesome that might be greater when high. Just guessing)

Ravens_cry
2010-05-19, 03:45 PM
That is quite horrifying. Mostly the faces are just.... unnatural. :smalleek:

Well, I did say it was terrific.:smallamused:
Pedantic Raven Loves Archaic Definitions! :smalltongue:

Sliver
2010-05-19, 03:52 PM
I donno, I like it. Here is another one of my favorites. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nir9TjozWvU)

TheThan
2010-05-19, 03:59 PM
Mystery Men? Phinias and Ferb? Batman 1966 series? (I donno, just stuff that are awesome that might be greater when high. Just guessing)

some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Seriously though, when I had my wisdom teeth pulled, I put on star wars episode IV. the crazy thing is that i distinctly remember hearing it play, even though I fell asleep about 20 minutes into the film. It was a bit surreal.

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-21, 01:06 AM
Huh, the two most common responses I've heard to this haven't been proffered yet. Odd.

Pink Floyd's The Wall1

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas2

1I enjoy this movie immensely. I have never seen this (or any other movie) while under the influence of narcotics, but rumor has it it's even better.

2I hated this movie with a passion. I'm told it's a laugh riot if you're in "the right frame of mind".

Darcy
2010-05-21, 09:32 AM
The Look Around You videos are excellent.

I'm also a fan of Fraggle Rock, sober or otherwise.

valadil
2010-05-21, 10:20 AM
I was hyped up on morphine when I had my tonsils taken out a couple years ago. For those of you that have never had morphine, lemme tell ya, it's awesome. You don't totally bliss out or anything, but you get this overwhelming sensation that everything's gonna be okay.

My first experience with morphine was also tonsil related. They swelled up so big that I couldn't fit air in my throat. Doctors drained my throat by sucking out the inflammation with a needle, gave me antibiotics and morphine and sent me home. I don't think they realized I'd driven myself to the hospital. I knew it was a bad idea to drive back, but I was on morphine. Obviously driving on morphine was okay if the doctors were letting me do it. Wheee! It took about 2 hours for the stuff to wear off and another hour for me to figure out my way back from wherever I'd driven. I was very lucky not to have crashed.

Anyway, back to the tonsil removal. I was in the hospital for a couple days (no driving for me this time) afterward. The first time I woke up after the surgery they brought me to my bed, showed me the morphine request button and gave me the remote control to the TV. The other guy staying in the room was already watching TV though. He had Colbert Report on, which was okay by me.

Then Colbert ended. It was followed by Mad TV. Even in my morphine induced happy state, I was unable to find this show funny. I'd had the back of my throat taken out and that didn't bother me as much as that crappy take on a sketch comedy show. No amount of morphine made Mad TV tolerable.

Xyk
2010-05-21, 04:49 PM
I would think Adventure Time or The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack or Chowder or even Spongebob would be frickin awesome.

pinwiz
2010-05-21, 04:50 PM
I would think Adventure Time or The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack or Chowder or even Spongebob would be frickin awesome.

I think I would have nightmares if I watched those with my mind altered... :smalleek:

except maybe spongebob. that could be hilarious.

Froogleyboy
2010-05-21, 04:56 PM
Hmm, I would have to say that Spongebob is freaky when high. And, though not funny, watch the Wall, It is amazing

Threeshades
2010-05-21, 04:59 PM
I donno, I like it. Here is another one of my favorites. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nir9TjozWvU)

But this one at least has some depth to it, not just rape face puppets pointing at their crotch.

Moff Chumley
2010-05-21, 11:46 PM
My D&D group has developed a most obnoxious habit to showing up to sessions at the tail end of various highs, so I've been experimenting on them. Things that seem to get good reactions are: basically everything on Comedy Central, Spongebob and the like, Wizard of Oz and Dark Side of the Rainbow, and a lot of standup. Stuff that terrifies them, and therefore gets a lot of pre-game airtime, includes Tool music videos, and, that one time they did opium, History Channel. :smallsigh: