PDA

View Full Version : Aquaman (DC) vs. Sub-Mariner (Marvel)

lordbyronix
2006-05-30, 01:57 PM
Battle of the Atlanteans! The Sub-Mariner is quite a bit stronger physically, but Aquaman can control sea creatures. Who would win?

Alchemistmerlin
2006-05-30, 01:58 PM
DCAU Aquaman?

Silver Age?

Golden Age?

Current?

Details details details

lordbyronix
2006-05-30, 02:01 PM
Let's say Silver Age when he first became a prominent character

Alchemistmerlin
2006-05-30, 02:10 PM
Meh then he's less powerful. Sub-mariner.

Frankly, Aquaman is one of the few heros I can think of who got MORE powerful with the advent of the modern post-crisis world.

ed
2006-05-30, 02:16 PM
like the insane power-up he got during new world order? :>

ed

Alchemistmerlin
2006-05-30, 02:19 PM
like the insane power-up he got during new world order? :>

ed

You lost me :P I don't know that one.

CelestialStick
2006-05-30, 02:33 PM
Meh then he's less powerful. Sub-mariner.

Frankly, Aquaman is one of the few heros I can think of who got MORE powerful with the advent of the modern post-crisis world.
Yeah, the old Aquaman was pretty milquetoast, but the new one is an environmental wack-job. I recall a Submariner program when I was a kid, but nothing really about it. So I'd give it to Aquaman because of his sheer malice alone. ;)

Rex_Hondo
2006-05-31, 02:14 AM
One of my favorite lines from the DC vs Marvel mini was from this fight. Aquaman to Namor, explaining why he's going to win, "You're too noble to cheat," just before dropping a whale on him.

KayJay
2006-05-31, 05:38 AM
I always thought that Namor was along the same level of power as someone like the hulk... not seen him fight much though. I recall him recently defeating Iron Man (although this was before all that extremis business I think) so he's no small fry.

All I know about Arthur is that he's meant to be strong because he lived under the sea, so there's a lot of pressure. He's not got that many other abilities, and he's not THAT strong. I'd give it to Namor, but I'll admit I don't know that much about him so may be pretty off-base on this one. I do know that when there are cosmic threats, I've seen him in the "cosmic defenders" group that forms.

Rex_Hondo
2006-05-31, 05:57 AM
Well, I don't know much about Namor, other than he looks like Aqua Spock.

Modern Aquaman, to my recollection has respectable strength and durability from living in the depths of the ocean. He's not Superman level, by any means, but I believe he's withstood certain amounts of gunfire. He's also stronger in and around water than he is on dry ground.

His telepathic ability to talk to fish has been expanded on in recent years. In the "New World Order" story arc, he used his telepathic abilities to scramble the portion of an opponent's brain left over from his amphibious ancestors and give him a seizure. Namor could concieveable be even more vulnerable to such an attack, actually being aquatic.

Last I saw him, he still had the harpoon hand, but I think he got some magic water hand or something, so God only knows what he's capable of right now...

nothingclever
2006-05-31, 07:47 AM
Namor wins simply because he's supposed to be able to lift 83-100+ tons in the Marvel handbook and he has little wing thingies for flight.

Aquaman is just an extra strong human with sea animal telepathy.

Ing
2006-05-31, 08:35 AM
idealy someone more powerful would come along and ice both of them

LOSER: SEA MEN!
WINNER: DC AND MARVEL!

sun_tzu
2006-05-31, 11:31 AM
As much as I loath Namor, he's tougher and wins.

Evik
2006-05-31, 08:35 PM
HAHAHA
I could just see this battle of water titans. Both of them going at each other all out...Knocking each other into undersea buildings and Atlanteans fleeing in all directions until you see big chunks of matter falling from above and the scene pans out to view some snot-nosed kid with freckles feed his sea-monkeys lol!

ElfLad
2006-05-31, 09:20 PM
Sub-mariner, probably.

Ultimate Namor is totally strong. He can withstand a punch from Ben Grimm (The Thing) and is basically a total god-moder. Oh, and apparently his backstory is now that he's an ancient Atlantean criminal rather than a prince. Interesting stuff.

LordOfNarf
2006-05-31, 11:01 PM
This kinda depends on the battlefeild

On land, Namor

In the Sea, Aquaman, all he is is esentially a general of all the sea creatures in the ocean, and even namor coudn't stop a couple of blues on the warpath

CelestialStick
2006-06-01, 10:34 AM
HAHAHA
I could just see this battle of water titans. Both of them going at each other all out...Knocking each other into undersea buildings and Atlanteans fleeing in all directions until you see big chunks of matter falling from above and the scene pans out to view some snot-nosed kid with freckles feed his sea-monkeys lol!
LOL indeed! :)