PDA

View Full Version : Oerthian Idol IC

Rauthiss
2010-05-18, 10:06 PM
You awake to find yourself laying next to two others in a field. To the south, you can vaguely see a town. You have, by laws of casuality, become a Dungeons and Dragons character.

A note lays on the ground between you all:
WELCOME TO OERTH. ENJOY YOUR STAY.

Tacitus
2010-05-19, 04:42 AM
The Gunny

The eldest of those present is the first to stir, his hand instinctively moving to the polearm at his side as though it were a dear lover. Even before he opens his eyes he caresses the wooden haft, "This is my rifle. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. G'morning Mary. Mary... you feel strange today." He slowly stirs and notices first that he is wearing archaic, though masterfully crafted of a surprisingly light metal, breastplate as well as what seems to be a dark green bandanna, a wide belt set with three emeralds, a ring hidden within a pair of massive gloves, a band around his upper arm of twisted bronze, and a thin leather band around his ankle holding a pewter charm. He looks around for a moment and almost pushes the polearm away, "What is this Mickey Mouse ****? What are you two animals doing in my beloved head?"

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-19, 08:32 AM
Tesla

Hmm, what's this? the man next to the Gunny says as he begins to stir. You, how did you get into my lab, and why are you wearing such strange clothi- wait. This isn't my laboratory, and why am I in this silly robe? So many questions to ponder... Tesla says as he looks down at the new clothes he's found himself in. Over his somewhat patchwork looking robe is a marvelous cloak, concealing a small, suspiciously light bag and several new pieces of jewelry. Well, we may as well start with introductions. I am Nikola Tesla, man of science. And you are?

Tacitus
2010-05-19, 08:19 PM
The Gunny laughs and shakes his head as he finally pulls himself to his feet, his hand still gripping the guisarme that he arrived with, "Well, no ****. What are you, some sort of ****ing comedian? Private Joker, I am Gunnery Sergeant Ermey, and as long as you're living in my dreamland you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and the last word out of your filthy sewers will be "Sir". Do you maggots understand that?"

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-21, 10:58 PM
I think I understand some of what you're saying, Sir Ermey, but it still doesn't answer my questions. Meanwhile, I don't think this one here understood either, as he still seems unconscious.

Tacitus
2010-05-24, 02:44 PM
He jabs the unconscious man in the head with the blunt end of his polearm.

Saintjebus
2010-05-24, 05:30 PM
Hulk Hogan

Mmmrr?! *sleepily*

What's going on! Who are you?

Hulk rubs his head slightly where the polearm hit him.

Tacitus
2010-05-28, 06:28 PM
The Gunny

"This is a dream, Private Snowball. You are figments of my imaginations and you will do as I say. Now you pull your sorry ass off the ground before I stomp your guts out, do you understand? March, you sorry sonsabitches!"

Two DC 22 Will Saves from both of you, please. Failure indicates that you are moved 20ft per failure towards the settlement in the distance.

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-28, 06:55 PM
Will Save:
[roll0]

Saintjebus
2010-05-28, 08:38 PM
Will saves:

[roll0]
[roll1]

I can't check my character sheet while at work. If someone wants to tell me my will mod, then I'll know my total. Otherwise, it has to wait for a couple of hours until my lunch break.

Tacitus
2010-05-28, 08:57 PM
+11. *le sigh* I suppose it makes sense that Hulk Hogan wouldn't listen to an angry little old man. XD

Saintjebus
2010-05-28, 09:33 PM
Hulk Hogan

Hogan stands up and glares at the sergeant.

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? YOU CAN'T BOSS ME AROUND! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! RAA---

Hulk cuts off as he realizes where he is standing.

WHAT IS THIS PLACE?

(In the future, it should be assumed that Hogan is speaking in an unneccessarily loud voice. I will discontinue the use of Caps in such a manner after this post)

Rauthiss
2010-05-31, 09:27 PM
A voice floats in from the distance - "Welcome, 'heroes'. I am The Great Manipulator, but you can just call me the GM. I have seen that you are what passes for heroes in your world. However, being the manipulator I am, I have decided to bring you, and others, to this world.
You are team 'Look at us, we're loud'. Tesla, your machinery is loud, so you're still here. The teams will quest across the world, facing both the native environment, and other teams. The winning team will become a pantheon of deities in a new world, created to their specifications.
Your first challenge may or may not await you in the town you can see. I make no guarantees. Enjoy your time on Oerthian Idol.
Those of you at home can send in your votes via text message to 1-800-OTH-IDOL. Send in those votes - Your heroes need them!"

The wind blows ominously. What do you do?

Tacitus
2010-06-02, 09:06 PM
Gunny

About to give this young man a good whipping for his insolence, the sergeant pauses at the sound of the voice and listens for a few moments. Once it finishes he glances in a generally upwards direction, "Buulllll****. You sorry sonsabitches going to tell me how to run my own dream? The moment I think about heading off towards the town over yonder some great voice comes in and tells us all what a fantastic idea it would be to go there in the vaguest terms. I'm on to you. Snowball, Joker, move out!" He then begins marching towards the city, still convinced it was his own damn idea.

Kira_the_5th
2010-06-02, 09:23 PM
What a strange little man... Tesla thinks to himself as he walks towards the village. His companions may be loud, but getting an entire universe to play around in and experiment with is simply too good an offer for any scientist to pass up.

Saintjebus
2010-06-03, 07:31 PM
Hogan

Hogan takes a minute to analyze what the voice said. Then he notices the others heading toward the city.

Hey! Wait up!

(as he catches up to them)

Who are you two, anyway?

Kira_the_5th
2010-06-03, 07:49 PM
"I am Nicola Tesla, man of SCIENCE!" Tesla says, extending his hand to Hogan. "And you?"

Saintjebus
2010-06-04, 10:37 PM
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]I am Hulk Hogan! I rip things in half, little man!COLOR]