PDA

View Full Version : I think I JUST started getting nervous about becoming a...something..

Pika...
2010-05-19, 12:42 AM
So I am a few days away (maybe a week?) away from donating. She is going to be on fertility drugs, so hopefully the fact that I could not get my "swimmers" tested in time might not hurt them (But it scares me that I might failed them).

These woman have been amazing to me. In the contract/donor agreement they even had a section saying that if at age (I believe it was five) and higher the child wanted to have a relationship with me THEY could NOT say no to it. I mean, who would do this for someone? I am tearing up just writing this, since it means so much to me that they did that. But then, that just makes me even more afraid to fail them. :/

For those here (sorry, you have changed your avatars...) that have been in the business, can you please give me some advice here? They will even have me over for a few days while the process is getting done at their doctor's place.

Dragonus45
2010-05-19, 01:19 AM
Well first of congratulation, congratulations and congratulations. I never made it past the conception part of fatherhood but i feel for you and wish you the best of luck. And i hope the child has a wonderful life, and why wouldn't he with a possible extra loving parent hopefully around to provide support. (Just saying he cus i hate referring to a fetus as it, not predicting anything or anything like that)

thubby
2010-05-19, 01:45 AM
keep your...er... family jewels cool. hot-tubs, bicycle riding, and most of things that are common sense reduce sperm count.

yeah that's all I got.

Pika...
2010-05-19, 01:50 AM
Well first of congratulation, congratulations and congratulations. I never made it past the conception part of fatherhood but i feel for you and wish you the best of luck. And i hope the child has a wonderful life, and why wouldn't he with a possible extra loving parent hopefully around to provide support. (Just saying he cus i hate referring to a fetus as it, not predicting anything or anything like that)

Thank you.

Did you donate?!

keep your...er... family jewels cool. hot-tubs, bicycle riding, and most of things that are common sense reduce sperm count.

yeah that's all I got.

Dood, why do you think I am afraid of Mountain Dews?

Dragonus45
2010-05-19, 02:04 AM
Thank you.

Did you donate?!

No there was a miscarriage, we were both rather young, im only 20 now, and she has ovarian cysts. Didn't know about that at the time tho.

Tyrandar
2010-05-19, 02:08 AM
Dood, why do you think I am afraid of Mountain Dews?

Myth!

http://www.snopes.com/medical/potables/mountaindew.asp

Coidzor
2010-05-19, 02:17 AM
Good luck, monsignor.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-05-19, 04:49 AM
Myth!

http://www.snopes.com/medical/potables/mountaindew.asp

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/snopes.png

Syka
2010-05-19, 09:30 AM
Also, don't use a laptop on your lap.

My tech friend and I were discussing laptops, the heat, and possible damage, because my new laptops manual mentions possible burns or whatever. This thing does heat up.

He said it's because a lot of laptops nowadays get so hot it can actually result in your little swimmers dying.

I don't know how true it is, but I know heat can kill the boys off, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Good luck!

littlebottom
2010-05-19, 06:12 PM
Also, don't use a laptop on your lap.

My tech friend and I were discussing laptops, the heat, and possible damage, because my new laptops manual mentions possible burns or whatever. This thing does heat up.

He said it's because a lot of laptops nowadays get so hot it can actually result in your little swimmers dying.

I don't know how true it is, but I know heat can kill the boys off, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Good luck!

well that could possibly be true, because sperm can only survive within a small window of tempretures (i dont know the window) and the ... male body has a way to regulate this tempreture for sperm. which im sure your well aware of:smallcool: