PDA

View Full Version : Sharing documents online

Mr White
2010-05-19, 05:17 AM
I've been googling a bit and there are a lot of services and sites so you can share certain documents online. The problem is I found only a few reviews of these sites and services and most of those were more than a year old.

What service/site do you use for online document sharing?
What would you recommend if I want to share an excell-sheet with a small group of people who all should be able to make adjustments to the document?

hap_hazard
2010-05-19, 05:54 AM
Google Docs?

Yarram
2010-05-19, 06:23 AM
Google Docs. Use it. Love it. I couldn't do group uni work without it.

AlterForm
2010-05-19, 07:29 AM
For what you want to do with it, Google Docs is definitely the way to go. Simple, easy, and you can even edit the same document at the same time.

If you get into file formats not from the Office Suite, I would recommend Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTc3ODUxOQ) (Disclaimer: Referral Link). You can set up a shared folder (or even a shared account) that automatically updates any files in a special folder across whatever computers Dropbox is installed to.

Mr White
2010-05-19, 08:19 AM
It's rather unanymous, I'll chose google docs then.

Manga Shoggoth
2010-05-19, 08:23 AM
Whatever you use, check the terms and conditions very carefully. Also be aware of any privacy issues if you are sharing anything like personal data.

UPDATE:

What would you recommend if I want to share an excell-sheet with a small group of people who all should be able to make adjustments to the document?

If the changes are small, email the sheets to them and get them to email the updated sheets back. Then collate the results yourself.

dehro
2010-05-19, 08:39 AM
I actually use google docs to play D&D with my mates back in italy...
the only thing I need to find now is an applet to paste on it, for dice rolls...
that way we can stop using skype AND google docs AND irc for the dice applet