PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Smith's "Bone"

twerk_face
2006-05-09, 02:18 PM
Seeing as this IS the comics section, and other comics DO exist apart from OotS, has anyone ever heard of a comic called "Bone", by Jeff Smith? If not, you should definitly check it out. Its an amazing comic, with an outstanding, epic story, spectacular illustrations, and is completely appropriate and enjoyable for all ages. Anyone who has read it, or just wants to talk about it, feel free to post here.

TinSoldier
2006-05-09, 02:47 PM
Link?

WampaX
2006-05-09, 03:08 PM
Voila (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_%28comics%29) or at least hte Wikipedia entry that will get you to the official site.

Flak_Razorwill
2006-05-09, 05:05 PM
I was interested in it for about a year, then I quit when the plot wouldn't stop.

Otherwise, a great comic with some good writing and art.

Holy_Knight
2006-05-09, 06:30 PM
"Bone" is a magnificent comic! I'm in full agreement, Twerk. :)

Speaking of which:

"Believing that he doesn't exist is what the dragon WANTS you to think!"
"Actually, I just want her to think you're crazy."
"Shut up!"

Dr._Weird
2006-05-09, 07:34 PM
Seeing as this IS the comics section, and other comics DO exist apart from OotS, has anyone ever heard of a comic called "Bone", by Jeff Smith? If not, you should definitly check it out. Its an amazing comic, with an outstanding, epic story, spectacular illustrations, and is completely appropriate and enjoyable for all ages. Anyone who has read it, or just wants to talk about it, feel free to post here.

I don't think it's always appropriate for children. I think (Think, not sure) there were two versions of the original one. A kids one and an adult one. Now, I looked at one of them (I think it was the kids one) and found the idea of one of those with any adult themes laughable, but it's possible.

EDIT: I just looked (Skimmed it more like) at the link WampaX provided, and didn't see any mention of that. Probably just some crazy rumor.

TinSoldier
2006-05-09, 07:42 PM
Okay, I read the strips available on the web and I kinda liked what I saw.

Unfortunatley none of it screamed to me "Buy it now!"

I did like the art style and the stories seemed interesting...

Overelemental
2006-05-09, 08:05 PM
Bone was my fav comic back in the days, quite the gem :) Highly recommended.

Amotis
2006-05-09, 08:34 PM
Bone was my fav comic back in the days, quite the gem :) Highly recommended.

Me too. Very cute. Won't ever forget it.

Brickwall
2006-05-09, 08:51 PM
*mustnotlaughmustnotlaughmustnotlaughmustnotlaughm ustnotlaughmustnotla-*

BAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

heheh. Sorry. The wording of the title. Heeheehee...

Anyway, I've seen some of the comic. Interesting, definitely. I'll probably never get around to buying it, though.

Lazarus_Plus
2006-05-09, 09:01 PM
I very much enjoyed Bone. I'm actually looking to buy the one volume collection now that you mentioned it. :D